Author Topic: Question?  (Read 7213 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Question?
« on: May 06, 2020, 04:15:58 PM »
Anyone who has CBS ALL ACCESS...

Are there ANY TAR Seasons on there? If yes, which ones?  If no...is there ANYTHING TAR on there??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Question?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 04:43:57 PM »
CBS All-Access had all 11 episodes of season 31 of The Amazing Race for FREE uploaded to their website when they first announced TAR32 would premiere May 20. It was up there for about three weeks, then after the announcement of delaying TAR32 until later on in 2020, they removed it.

So right now, CBS All-Access has zero TAR seasons/episodes. The only TAR content on CBSAA is a few clips of cast/Phil interviews from TAR31 that can also be found on their YouTube channel.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 03:47:07 AM »
That is true as of now?  ugh.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 10:44:42 AM »
Seasons 1 through 29 are available on Hulu and Prime Video. Seasons 30 and 31 are available to purchase on Prime.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 11:11:19 AM »
Seasons 1 through 29 are available on Hulu and Prime Video. Seasons 30 and 31 are available to purchase on Prime.

Can't buy 30/31 if you're not American  :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 12:02:26 PM »
Thanks guys. So strange CBS ALL Access doesn't have it. But TAR is an odd case...even ABC has a bite.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline zacz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 07:36:59 AM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can't watch anything on Hulu if you're not American either

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 09:41:09 AM »

[/quote]

Can't watch anything on Hulu if you're not American either
[/quote]

Ik but I can use Amazon Prime at least

Offline ghostbusted

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 10:20:41 AM »
I wonder if using a VPN and choosing an American server would work just like it does for Americans watching Canadian Big Brother. Not sure of subscription logistics. I have read about purchasing and using prepaid credit cards from American banks.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 11:40:10 AM »
I wonder if using a VPN and choosing an American server would work just like it does for Americans watching Canadian Big Brother. Not sure of subscription logistics. I have read about purchasing and using prepaid credit cards from American banks.

it does for amazon prime, but only free things on prime.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 04:15:49 PM »
So at the moment Hulu and Amazon Prime are the two best. They cover 1-29 I believe.

Ironic that CBS All Access...ISN'T!  :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2020, 11:32:58 PM »
So at the moment Hulu and Amazon Prime are the two best. They cover 1-29 I believe.

Ironic that CBS All Access...ISN'T!  :groan:

Yep, I can verify that Amazon Prime has seasons 1-29 available for free and 30 and 31 for $2.99 per episode or $19.99 for the entire season. Amazon Prime also says season 31 is available on CBS All Access and offers a 30 day free trial to All Access. The inaccuracy is not too surprising. Amazon Prime lists season 11 (the first all star season) as starring Phil Keoghan and Arthur and Anita Jones, LOL. They also have Arthur and Anita starring in season 12 (where they did appear) and seasons 13-16 as well.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2020, 11:35:00 PM »
CBS AllAccess is in the midst of a total makeover to expand its Viacom holdings as well.And the holdings for AllAccess, Hulu, Prime, and Netflix vary by country.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2020, 01:53:29 PM »
AS of now, there are no free eps of TAR on CBS All Access right? Assuming you buy a subscription there is only 31?

If any of you Internationals ARE able to get TAR eps (legally) please post your country,  the site and what eps? Thanks!

NO non sanctioned links here please.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2020, 06:43:55 PM »
There was a period TAR was available on sky in the UK Seasons 19-23, not at the moment.

Offline chill_sd

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2020, 10:57:27 AM »
AS of now, there are no free eps of TAR on CBS All Access right? Assuming you buy a subscription there is only 31?

I have an ad-free subscription to All Access, and all I see are a few clips, no full episodes.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2020, 11:54:54 AM »
Thanks Chill! I know the streaming rights are very confusing here with ABC and I think Disney having a stake.

Just seems beyond bizarre that the CBS site would not have the Eps, but I agree, they do not.

If any of you Internationals can say if you can access any LEGIT links please share here. Free or Paid.

Other non approved links, not here please.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2020, 12:20:13 PM »
The Apple TV app has all 31 seasons available if you subscribe to their service. Since that is an app service subscription I’m not able to post a link, but all seasons are shown I think the app.
-- theschnauzers

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2020, 03:54:39 PM »
The Apple TV app has all 31 seasons available if you subscribe to their service. Since that is an app service subscription I’m not able to post a link, but all seasons are shown I think the app.

Is it USA only?

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2020, 01:08:36 AM »

Is it USA only?

Here's the link anyway: https://tv.apple.com/us/show/the-amazing-race/umc.cmc.5d8zsu7cuihk3iqkm980no10i

Sadly I think it's in USA only. :'( :'( :'(

Can anyone explain to me (and maybe other non-US members) why CBS limits TAR in US region only? :idgit
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2020, 05:05:28 PM »

Is it USA only?

Here's the link anyway: https://tv.apple.com/us/show/the-amazing-race/umc.cmc.5d8zsu7cuihk3iqkm980no10i

Sadly I think it's in USA only. :'( :'( :'(

Can anyone explain to me (and maybe other non-US members) why CBS limits TAR in US region only? :idgit

OMG! Look at the thumbnail for season 31 episode 1. It's a picture of Janelle and Britney competing in the jellyfish kite starting line challenge at Hermosa Beach that wasn't even included in the actual episode. Why would they use that for the thumbnail when it was cut from the actual airing lol? I can't tell if it's just a random picture Apple TV used or if that episode on Apple TV actually includes includes that scene for some reason??? Can someone check and see

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2020, 01:45:21 PM »

Its a copyright issue from what I understand. From way back in the early days of TAR ABC also had a stake in TAR. SO it is not just CBS and WRP involved. The copyright rights become complicated from what I understand. These days there are also sponsors. I have ZERO idea HOW this all works much less why. But copyrights are a big deal and def limit ways things can be shared.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2020, 12:50:30 PM »
What about PLUTO?? Haring all of TAR is there. Anyone can confirm or no??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2020, 02:13:10 PM »
What about PLUTO?? Haring all of TAR is there. Anyone can confirm or no??

I believe only the first 7 seasons are available.

https://pluto.tv/live-tv/the-amazing-race

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2020, 07:11:16 PM »
Wow, Pluto TV is interesting. It seems TAR isn't available on demand. But there is a dedicated Live TV channel that plays TAR episodes. It's like a regular broadcast network with normal commercial breaks. Very interesting!