Author Topic: TAR 32 Premiere Date Postponed>>NOW ON THE FALL SCHEDULE!  (Read 16223 times)

Offline kiwiazul

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 32 Premiere Date Postponed
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 12:29:14 PM »
 :groan: :groan: :groan: i'm so sad

Offline Lmh1988

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 12:30:45 PM »
My guess is they want to hold it for fall, as they are likely going to be short fall programming. It may air in Survivor’s fall spot if they aren’t able to have the next season filmed and ready by then which doesn’t look likely right now.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 12:33:53 PM »
Well that was fun

Heer goes.another postponed tar because they don't have the ball
what might have been

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 12:40:40 PM »
Where there goes the only thing that was good about the next month. Lame. It's been ready to air for a year and a half, so how can the virus possibly affect it?

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 12:42:11 PM »
Where there goes the only thing that was good about the next month. Lame. It's been ready to air for a year and a half, so how can the virus possibly affect it?

It sounds like a rethoric question, but speculation made that the sponsor doesn't want to advertise their product in the wrong time
what might have been

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 12:45:12 PM »
My guess is they want to hold it for fall, as they are likely going to be short fall programming. It may air in Survivor’s fall spot if they aren’t able to have the next season filmed and ready by then which doesn’t look likely right now.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 12:47:15 PM »
I'm still rubbing my head of why TAR didn't like air the season in late 219 or early 2020, and when we have finally have the air date for the season they knock off the door and said "sorry to be a party pooper but we postpone your season to another indefinite day"

So freaking frustrating, and the racers must have been feeling the same
what might have been

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2020, 12:54:14 PM »
THIS. We will be blessed to have this spot. Sucks bigtime for the cast.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 12:57:44 PM »
I'm still rubbing my head of why TAR didn't like air the season in late 219 or early 2020, and when we have finally have the air date for the season they knock off the door and said "sorry to be a party pooper but we postpone your season to another indefinite day"

So freaking frustrating, and the racers must have been feeling the same

It is frustrating for us at all. . BUT this is NOT a plot, not a slight, not a conspiracy!!!

It is a huge compliment that they are likely giving TAR 32 the Fall spot this year, as it is looking likely that Survivor cannot film in time.

We will know more during the UpFronts in a couple of weeks.

Its going to be OKAY. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2020, 01:01:37 PM »
Well that's too bad. More time waiting for TAR. At least Tough as Nails has Phil K associated with it so it may be good. As for Game On - it sounds like Battle of the Network Stars with added sports players.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2020, 01:05:43 PM »
Maybe it would be a good few months to brainstorm ideas on how to promote season 32 as a "huge comeback" for the show in the fall. Drive up viewership again. Winners of this season, anywhere, I'm sorry these unprecedented events are treating you two like this.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2020, 01:08:13 PM »
Definitely a few good reasons to hold TAR for the Fall:

1. CBS sees they may not have enough inventory to fill its Fall schedule. (Especially Survivor)
2. Would get a great timeslot and likely against thin competition if other shows can't go into production in time.
3. TAR is a better and easier title to sell to advertisers in a Fall slot. It is an established show and a safer bet than either of the new shows they announced. (Including Phil's new show.)
     3a. TAR would make more ad moneys in the Fall than in the Summer.
4. CBS wants to premiere "Tough as Nails" as an inspirational show during this time. Especially since it features America's blue collar workers I believe. Probably best not to have Phil on two different shows at the same time. (Though he could certainly become CBS' Gordon Ramsey of course lol)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 01:43:03 PM by dryedmangoez »

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2020, 01:25:32 PM »
Shocked but not surprised :(

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2020, 01:27:39 PM »
I hate CBS

Offline looseseal

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2020, 01:30:16 PM »
Watch this season just get dumped to All-Access at this point after waiting 8 more months  :2hearts:  :dick

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2020, 01:31:19 PM »
Definitely a few good reasons to hold TAR for the Fall:

1. CBS sees they may not have enough inventory to fill its Fall schedule. (Especially Survivor)
2. Would get a great timeslot and likely against thin competition if other shows can't go into production in time.
3. TAR is a better and easier title to sell to advertisers in a Fall slot. It is an established show and a safer bet than either of the new shows they announced. (Including Phil's new show.)
     2a. TAR would make more ad moneys in the Fall than in the Summer.
4. CBS wants to premiere "Tough as Nails" as an inspirational show during this time. Especially since it features America's blue collar workers I believe. Probably best not to have Phil on two different shows at the same time. (Though he could certainly become CBS' Gordon Ramsey of course lol)

What you're saying makes a lot of sense now that I've had a few minutes to digest the news. Being on in the fall could turn out to be the best news for TAR in years. As for your last comment about Phil vs Gordon Ramsey, I can't see Phil erupting and cussing at teams 5 or 10 times per show.  :funny:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2020, 01:46:34 PM »
Watch this season just get dumped to All-Access at this point after waiting 8 more months  :2hearts:  :dick
Nah, if anything CBS might even pull All-Access shows to rerun on CBS itself. They wouldn't dump TAR on All Access, especially now.

It's actually turned out very positive for TAR that CBS has held on TAR32 this long. It has a chance to be one of the few shows with new episodes on broadcast primetime in the Fall. But CBS won't be able to capitalize on any possible renewed boost the show might get if TAR33 can't go into production any time soon. We'll just have to wait and see.

Offline Lmh1988

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2020, 01:54:20 PM »
I expect we may get Big Brother in the fall as well, I think it could be a big boost for both shows. If Amazing Race knocks it out of the park in the fall as I expect it to, this could be the way we get back to two seasons per year. This scheduling could be a huge blessing for the Race.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2020, 02:10:29 PM »
I can see the benefits in airing as a Survivor replacement, but it's still annoying that CBS made the first announcement. Still, I feel terrible for the teams having to wait two years for their season to air. At the very least we'll still have another show with Phil. Part of me was surprised at first that TAR was originally scheduled before Tough as Nails considering it's a show honoring essential workers.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2020, 03:21:36 PM »
What a bummer now that the show has been postponed and hopefully have to wait in June or July. Again, no reality shows in the next 6-8 weeks for me. If it won't show up in July, September will be the final decision to air the season unless Survivor wouldn't be in the production lineup this year.

Have to wait for announcement of new air date.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 04:19:46 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2020, 03:56:29 PM »
 :'(
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2020, 04:36:33 PM »
I expect we may get Big Brother in the fall as well, I think it could be a big boost for both shows. If Amazing Race knocks it out of the park in the fall as I expect it to, this could be the way we get back to two seasons per year. This scheduling could be a huge blessing for the Race.

BB would be hard to film with such tight quarters. I don't think we'll see it by fall...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2020, 05:52:30 PM »
This is extremely sad news, however, after thinking it through, I do agree with many other posters here. TAR32 airing in fall is very good news. There won’t be much competition, ad revenue’s will be good for the show and we may possibly get high ratings for show, which means we may finally be able to resume the two seasons per year, as pre-2015, once this coronavirus is completely eradicated from the world!

Well, I suppose it’s back to binging old seasons of TAR while I wait for September!  :lol: :funny:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2020, 06:09:45 PM »
I can't believe, I waited for close to 2 years just for this season to air. I won't be surprised if they air this in 2021 or 2022.

:groan:  :dick  :furious: :whoop:  :clap2:  :lol:

« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 06:15:51 PM by TARUSAFan »