Author Topic: Has there ever been a season where you just quit watching?  (Read 10253 times)

Offline Traveldude1

• RFF Jr. Member
Season 6 fits the bill for me. I made it to episode 11 before calling quits on it. I've never seen a season that was as nasty and negative as season 6. Almost every team was either A) boring or B) Bickering couples who never got along. Kris and John were the only decent ones but barely got any air time.

Overall, I had bad vibes about this season. I can usually find a team to connect with, but this season lacked that. I will NOT watch this season again.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: Has there ever been a season where you just quit watching?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 03:26:52 AM »
I’ve seen every season of English-speaking TAR, but I nearly quit during Season 24. The cast I found fine, but the route and tasks were just woeful. Season 24 is the worst TAR season ever and reason TAR got pushed to Friday nights from TAR25 onwards!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 06:21:23 AM »
Impossible.

(Season 26 came a bit close...)
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 06:36:02 AM »
Not really on the entire season, but I stopped watching on the penultimate and final legs.

It was TAR Asia 5 where the production somehow placed BOTH a Yield and a U-Turn in the penultimate leg. The team I rooted (
Show content
Treasuri & Louisa
) fell victim to that horrible twist. :dick I was so mad and questioning why did the production force to place both Yield and U-Turn on the penultimate leg. I know that all the U-Turn and Yields in previous legs were left unused, but it didn't mean that they should force both Yield and U-Turn in the penultimate leg so it would be used. :dick

When I was watching the penultimate leg, when
Show content
Treasuri & Louisa
got U-Turned, I just stopped watching it because I know that they're 100% would be eliminated and I don't care anymore who will win the race.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 10:44:07 AM by georgiapeach »
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 10:35:21 AM »
Season 4, I almost quit watching after episode 9.
Season 8, I have watch episode 1, and still after a week I have not episode 2. Should I quit the season?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 10:45:56 AM »
Season 8 is a totally different ballgame. Its a hoot.  2 teams are on my all time faves list.

Its worth a go.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 10:47:52 AM »
So guys...be careful re spoilers here. In case someone wants to watch an earlier season unspoiled. Avoid them if possible...if you MUST share a spoiler do use the spoiler tags. Thanks!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2020, 11:45:18 AM »
So guys...be careful re spoilers here. In case someone wants to watch an earlier season unspoiled. Avoid them if possible...if you MUST share a spoiler do use the spoiler tags. Thanks!!

Oops, sorry peach. I forget that there's someone who might haven't watched that season yet.

Thanks for editing that one :luvya:

Offline Pi/

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2020, 12:26:39 PM »
I wouldn't quit watching Season 8; while it doesn't offer much in terms of astonishing locations and tasks, it is quite interesting in terms of team dynamics and it is a unique season overall.

I've never given up on a season, but 24 was probably the least fun to watch near the end.
“We inhabit a complex world. Some boundaries are sharp... but nature also includes continua that cannot be neatly parceled into two piles of unambiguous yeses and noes.” - S. J. Gould

“If you don't accept others who are different, it means nothing that you've learned calculus.” - Shirley Chisholm

Offline Traveldude1

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2020, 12:33:07 PM »
I'd quit season 8, honestly. The concept doesn't work and I don't like the Weavers overall attitude. Very standoffish and not willing to talk to other teams.

All the teams kinda suck, one way or the other. If you haven't watched episode 2 in over a week, I'd forgo the season all together. You ain't missing anything

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2020, 02:53:46 PM »
Seasons 8, 13, 23 & 24.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2020, 06:39:14 PM »
I knew just based on the title that Season 8 would be mentioned and I'll just say that honestly, it is one of my favorite seasons of TAR! The cast is amazing and really entertaining (and quite possibly one of the best casts ever IMO) and the season full of really fantastic moments. I also love the battles that the cast has with each other. If you can go into the season with having low expectations for the tasks and locations, it's definitely worth the watch.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2020, 06:52:21 PM »
I knew just based on the title that Season 8 would be mentioned and I'll just say that honestly, it is one of my favorite seasons of TAR! The cast is amazing and really entertaining (and quite possibly one of the best casts ever IMO) and the season full of really fantastic moments. I also love the battles that the cast has with each other. If you can go into the season with having low expectations for the tasks and locations, it's definitely worth the watch.

I also agree and have TAR 8 in my top 5 seasons of all time.

Offline Traveldude1

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2020, 07:46:51 PM »
That is an unpopular opinion, I guess. Season 8 is just awful and never worked. Would've worked better by allowing the minimum age for kids to be 13+. That would have allowed for possible international travel

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2020, 08:48:12 PM »
Season 4. I quitted after Millie & Chuck's elimination. It is the only season which I still haven't finished the season finale.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2020, 08:59:55 PM »
I actually rarely watch Season Finales too. Only the ones i don't know who wins it.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2020, 07:57:27 AM »
I actually rarely watch Season Finales too. Only the ones i don't know who wins it.

Yeah I used to have that phase as well. After binge watching an entire season I just looked up who won. (But now I have moved on from that)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2020, 08:28:03 AM »
That is an unpopular opinion, I guess. Season 8 is just awful and never worked. Would've worked better by allowing the minimum age for kids to be 13+. That would have allowed for possible international travel

Yea, Canada, Costa Rica and Panama are a part of the USA after all.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2020, 09:57:52 AM »
Season 6 fits the bill for me. I made it to episode 11 before calling quits on it. I've never seen a season that was as nasty and negative as season 6. Almost every team was either A) boring or B) Bickering couples who never got along. Kris and John were the only decent ones but barely got any air time.

Overall, I had bad vibes about this season. I can usually find a team to connect with, but this season lacked that. I will NOT watch this season again.

Oh man, that Season somewhat like a dysfunctional family. Loved the route the Teams were meh.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2020, 02:04:20 PM »
Season 4, Those Australia legs just kept going and going

Offline TARstorian

• RFF Full Member
    • TARstorian.
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2020, 01:18:39 AM »
TAR Canada 6 and 7. Made it ten minutes into each episode then decided it wasn't worth my time.
I have been to 63 countries. I have met Phil Keoghan, Jon Montgomery, Allan Wu, Elise and Bertram in person. I visited Joe & Bill in Hawaii, JK & Mike in Singapore, and Rovilson in Manila. I attended the TAR 28, 29, and 34 finales.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2020, 04:38:55 AM »
I have never quit on a season ever. I got my late sister to start watching, but she was so fed up with one particular team, she quit watching after that, and never watched again before she passed.
I agree season 8 was a different creature. It actually was the template for the early seasons of various international editions.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2020, 10:49:12 PM »
I too nearly stopped watching during 6 ( I think it was 6). After the TAR 5 love that one nearly lost me.

Glad I held on! :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2020, 01:06:51 AM »
I too nearly stopped watching during 6 ( I think it was 6). After the TAR 5 love that one nearly lost me.

I've been watching Season 6 since start working from home and I've been bamboozled with all the bickering and shouting between those teams. Since I haven't watched that season completely, I only thought at the beginning that
Show content
Jonathan & Victoria
were the only ones who's gonna be bickering and gosh I was wrong. All(?) legs have at least one team shouting or bickering that even my dad asked me what's with all those shouting am I watching.

I also feel bad with some of the locals who were yelled by the teams just because they don't understand or fluent in English, but somehow some of the remaining teams expect that all people in the world should understand English. I also don't like
Show content
Kendra
with that animosity towards third-world countries. Just imagine when someone from that country's watching the episode where their country is visited, but find out that a racer has that opinion about your country, what would they feel about that.

It's been painful watching Season 6. Too bad that there are some countries
Show content
(Hungary, Senegal, and Ethiopia)
that are only visited in this season. I really hope that they give that country another visit but with other set of teams so I can really enjoy the beauty of that countries, instead of just shouting and bickering.

I only have the final leg left to be watched, and maybe after that I won't watch this season ever again. :funny:

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2020, 01:48:50 AM »

I've been watching Season 6 since start working from home and I've been bamboozled with all the bickering and shouting between those teams. Since I haven't watched that season completely, I only thought at the beginning that
Show content
Jonathan & Victoria
were the only ones who's gonna be bickering and gosh I was wrong. All(?) legs have at least one team shouting or bickering that even my dad asked me what's with all those shouting am I watching.

I also feel bad with some of the locals who were yelled by the teams just because they don't understand or fluent in English, but somehow some of the remaining teams expect that all people in the world should understand English. I also don't like
Show content
Kendra
with that animosity towards third-world countries. Just imagine when someone from that country's watching the episode where their country is visited, but find out that a racer has that opinion about your country, what would they feel about that.

It's been painful watching Season 6. Too bad that there are some countries
Show content
(Hungary, Senegal, and Ethiopia)
that are only visited in this season. I really hope that they give that country another visit but with other set of teams so I can really enjoy the beauty of that countries, instead of just shouting and bickering.

I only have the final leg left to be watched, and maybe after that I won't watch this season ever again. :funny:
Show content
The ending of season 6 is somewhat interesting to watch. Give it a try.

P.S. I am one of those who love season 6  :funny:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2020, 07:04:05 PM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one here that shares the opinion of season 6 being garbage. From the final 6 teams to the sprinkling of horribly executed tasks to the "honoring" of Chicago (I love Gino's East's deep dish pizzas, but this as the final all-in task by eating only 2 slices? N-O.) I don't understand why people preach praises about this season when it is the foulest of the catalog. Negative Nancy breakdown/rant:

Final 6 final words: Jonathan & Victoria were not entertaining at all. Verbal and physical abuse is never acceptable or tolerable to me. Kendra's naive and bigoted remarks about visiting Senegal and Ethiopia were really upsetting and Freddy's childish and violent tantrum at the Heritage Railway Museum made me cringe and have zero respect for him. Hayden & Aaron reached my boiling point before Sri Lanka as much as Logan & Chris irked me in season 27. Kris & Jon, although a lovely couple, had a very robotic/by-the-playbook sweet couple edit like teams past (Bob & Joyce, John Vito & Jill, Debra & Steve, Kelly & Jon somewhat) that I got more bored watching them than they were entertaining to me. Adam & Rebecca were the only team that actually became more interesting to me as time went on because of their dramatically worsening relationship to the point Rebecca was pretending to like Adam and I ended up having to root for them between the final three just to get my satisfaction in for this season. Lori & Bolo's only redeeming factor this entire race was finding the middle-of-nowhere shopping bag lady - there I said it.

Tasks: The first two legs were great.... and then... the hay bales - as memorable as that moment was - madly and badly planned. Lena didn't have to go all-out after the fourth hour, but I salute her for doing this. It seems like production forgot that the more hay bales that are unrolled, the more mess it would make, having teams doubt other teams had accidentally unrolled a clue. Matt was so lucky in that Switchback to have found one of the couple flags remaining during the Switchback and not just finding the one clue.

The soap box derby Roadblock in Berlin was visually lame to see in such an interesting city. It had absolutely nothing to do with Germany and no other hill riding task this season can top the Norwegian roller skiing Detour. I could've been happier seeing this done for a finale in Cleveland, Ohio since it's actually originated from the Buckeye State.

The Hungarian fisherman's soup Roadblock scarred me for life and gave me a new fear that will never be overcomed. I don't want to talk about it. I'm just going to say the editing was so vile and R-rated that I no longer eat tomato soup.

The Lalibela portion felt too obstacle course-like with nothing aesthetically eye-catching similar to the recent legs from season 22 in French Polynesia. It felt very premeditated and less of a race fashion.

Something positive: Sri Lanka was one of the few Legs like Corsica that made me feel temporarily better about the route of this season.

The execution of the window-washing Roadblock in Shanghai was dumb. It would've been better if teams could switch which windows they wanted to wash, but it just ended up with them working their way down to find the hidden message just to have the same distance between each other again, and in China for what? Tall skyscrapers? It could've been saved for a more intriguing building in New York or downtown London for all I care.

Whoever brainstormed and finalized the penultimate love lock Roadblock has to be same person who thought of the execution of the hay bales. Why would you put a time-sensitive task so late especially on this leg that uses taxis and entrusts other people's senses?

And as a Chicago native, I found the finishing course of this race abysmal. I'm glad the strangers season brought some well-needed seasoning by visiting Wrigleyville, the Speedway, and the waterfront view at Milton Lee Olive Park.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2020, 12:19:55 AM »
Let’s just add that to have a season determined by a train crossing on a track with the final mat just on the other side?
Worse set up ever.
And to this day,,by all rights, Kris and Jon should have won that season.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2020, 12:32:20 AM »
And don't forget the most difficult challenge ever done in a season finale: eating pizza.

(And BTW, twenty five seasons later I'm still mad with Kris & Jon not winning the race)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 12:36:06 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2020, 01:16:03 AM »
And don't forget the most difficult challenge ever done in a season finale: eating pizza.

Well, Kendra was having a trouble eating that and almost puke iirc, so it should be difficult to her :res:

The problem with Kris & Jon for me is because they're the only "normal" team in the final 6 that makes them forgettable. The editing of almost the entire season somehow really focused on the bickering of other teams that made the editing of Kris & Jon just plain.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2020, 08:25:46 AM »

Well, Kendra was having a trouble eating that and almost puke iirc, so it should be difficult to her :res:

The problem with Kris & Jon for me is because they're the only "normal" team in the final 6 that makes them forgettable. The editing of almost the entire season somehow really focused on the bickering of other teams that made the editing of Kris & Jon just plain.

Kendra is a Yankee (New Yorker). Of course, she's gonna do Chicago-style pizza wrong. :groan: Eating a slice of deep dish isn't a task unless you're lactose intolerant.

And that old L train line running just directly around the corner of Ping Tom Park. :funny:
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2020, 07:05:40 PM »
Kendra is a Yankee (New Yorker). Of course, she's gonna do Chicago-style pizza wrong. :groan: Eating a slice of deep dish isn't a task unless you're lactose intolerant.

And that old L train line running just directly around the corner of Ping Tom Park. :funny:

I don't know, from her racism she sounds like a person from the south to me.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2020, 11:17:43 AM »

I don't know, from her racism she sounds like a person from the south to me.
You'd be surprised and disappointed about the stuff I've heard blurt out of some people in Staten Island and Brooklyn.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2020, 11:49:11 AM »
For me both 6 and 7 had casting choices I did not like.

So called dating couples that were recruited in LA bars. And I despise abuse in any form so seeing that allowed and in some cases even encouraged about lost me.

I hope TAR 32 will do us proud, I have heard wonderful things about it.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Lmh1988

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2020, 11:53:10 PM »
Season 8 is a totally different ballgame. Its a hoot.  2 teams are on my all time faves list.

Its worth a go.

I have always thought season 8 is one of the most underrated seasons. I understand it was different than what people had come to expect, but the cast is great, the season has a ton of drama, and I really enjoyed the locations and tasks as well. I’d highly recommend that season to everyone.

Offline aryanisetiawan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2020, 10:44:51 PM »
I don't know about you. But season 6's penultimate leg (xi'an) is the most entertaining leg for me.

Hayden and aaron's meltdown.
The duration of the leg.
Crazy roadblock.
Terracotta.
Adam's honesty to Rebecca that she wasn't doing a good job LOL.

Everything is just so perfect.
I'm really a sucker for these dramatic legs.

As for the seasons i quit watching mostly come from new HD seasons. 19 20 21 (even though 21 finale was good).

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2020, 10:10:41 PM »
Probably the only reason I kept watching 14 was because
Show content
Kisha & Jen
somehow, impossibly, made it to the Final 4. I didn't like any of the other 3 teams. And to make matters worse, they were all in an alliance!

Then, when
Show content
Kisha & Jen
got eliminated, there was only one episode left, so I decided I might as well watch it.  :duno:

Then there was 23. 23 was really boring towards the end.

24 was bad too, but at least I had people to root for in that one.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2020, 11:12:38 PM »
That's an impressive opinion, Hooky! 14 is one of my faves and i think lots of people love it. It even got the most returning teams to UB.

Offline TARstorian

• RFF Full Member
    • TARstorian.
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2020, 02:39:08 AM »
TAR 15 in its original airing after the premiere. Stopped watching TAR live until TAR 19 because of Ethan Zohn.
I have been to 63 countries. I have met Phil Keoghan, Jon Montgomery, Allan Wu, Elise and Bertram in person. I visited Joe & Bill in Hawaii, JK & Mike in Singapore, and Rovilson in Manila. I attended the TAR 28, 29, and 34 finales.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2020, 11:57:47 PM »
That's an impressive opinion, Hooky! 14 is one of my faves and i think lots of people love it. It even got the most returning teams to UB.

Yeah, well, the reality is 14 was very polarizing. You either loved it or you hated it.

Of course, looking back on it now, I love it because I remember how much I hated it (after Leg 5 or so).  :funny:

The world was simpler back then...  >:(
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Wadsy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2020, 10:30:03 PM »
Oh there have been a few of these...

Seasons 13, 14, 16 and 27.

14 I later returned to and enjoyed on a repeat viewing.

Season 16 has a mostly terrible cast and 27 was just the most boring season I have seen. I quit after leg 5 in Zambia and never looked back since.
Wadsy

Offline guacamole300

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2020, 01:12:39 AM »
Most definitely.

I started watching live during TAR13 so that whole stretch of TAR13-TAR22 I was obsessed with the race, and went back and watched all of them, so I didn't miss a single episode, though I came close sometimes. Some of them did get somewhat boring or annoying such as TAR8's consecutive NEL episodes, TAR16's Shanghai legs with annoying final 4, TAR20's complete dominance of one team, and one of my least favorite teams ever in Art/JJ, and TAR21's route was very uninspired as well.

The first time I stopped watching was TAR23 after the bunnies's elimination.
TAR24 I only saw Guangzhou 1 and Rome.
TAR26 I almost stopped because of the cringe. T
AR27 I missed India 2 and the finale (Was devastated by the 4th place finisher's elimination).
TAR28 I hated the ganging up on one team in Geneva, and how the pitstop was basically take a train together rendering the leg essentially obsolete, turned me off from the season completely, plus I wasn't feeling the social media thing. Was happy to see Mexico though.
TAR29 I just missed South Korea.
And TAR32 hated the mine five, once our rootable underdogs were eliminated I stopped watching.

Offline Johnie_Bravo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2020, 05:42:02 AM »
For me :

* TAR24 - in terms of live or originally aired, i stopped watching after Mark and Mallory's elimination, i don't feel the cast in this season except for Natalie and Nadiya, Mark and Mallory & partially Brenchel,. ( Although i completed this season in REWATCHED mode)....

* TAR16 - in terms of live or originally aired, i stopped watching when Steve & Allie eliminated from the race, i dont liked the F5 in these season. ( Although i completed this season in REWATCHED mode)...

* TAR15 - in terms of live or originally aired, i stopped watching when Maria and Tiffany eliminated from the race, although Gary and Matt & Brian and Ericka were very rootable but i feel the dryness and lacks of spiced when Maria and Tiffany eliminated. (Although i completed this season in REWATCHED mode)...

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2020, 12:02:23 PM »
Never, but I must admit that in TAR32,  for the first time since the beginning of the show, I had that "that's enough, I'm done with it" feeling watching a season.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2020, 12:15:21 PM »
Never, but I must admit that in TAR32,  for the first time since the beginning of the show, I had that "that's enough, I'm done with it" feeling watching a season.

Me too.
Every other time i quit watching a season wasn't on purpose. Just happened naturally.

But this time i really quit.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2020, 04:10:19 AM »

I didn't watch the Finale because it was beyond bad as per the reviews and the winners were meh. So I skipped it.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2020, 04:13:10 AM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one here that shares the opinion of season 6 being garbage. From the final 6 teams to the sprinkling of horribly executed tasks to the "honoring" of Chicago (I love Gino's East's deep dish pizzas, but this as the final all-in task by eating only 2 slices? N-O.) I don't understand why people preach praises about this season when it is the foulest of the catalog. Negative Nancy breakdown/rant:

Final 6 final words: Jonathan & Victoria were not entertaining at all. Verbal and physical abuse is never acceptable or tolerable to me. Kendra's naive and bigoted remarks about visiting Senegal and Ethiopia were really upsetting and Freddy's childish and violent tantrum at the Heritage Railway Museum made me cringe and have zero respect for him. Hayden & Aaron reached my boiling point before Sri Lanka as much as Logan & Chris irked me in season 27. Kris & Jon, although a lovely couple, had a very robotic/by-the-playbook sweet couple edit like teams past (Bob & Joyce, John Vito & Jill, Debra & Steve, Kelly & Jon somewhat) that I got more bored watching them than they were entertaining to me. Adam & Rebecca were the only team that actually became more interesting to me as time went on because of their dramatically worsening relationship to the point Rebecca was pretending to like Adam and I ended up having to root for them between the final three just to get my satisfaction in for this season. Lori & Bolo's only redeeming factor this entire race was finding the middle-of-nowhere shopping bag lady - there I said it.

Tasks: The first two legs were great.... and then... the hay bales - as memorable as that moment was - madly and badly planned. Lena didn't have to go all-out after the fourth hour, but I salute her for doing this. It seems like production forgot that the more hay bales that are unrolled, the more mess it would make, having teams doubt other teams had accidentally unrolled a clue. Matt was so lucky in that Switchback to have found one of the couple flags remaining during the Switchback and not just finding the one clue.

The soap box derby Roadblock in Berlin was visually lame to see in such an interesting city. It had absolutely nothing to do with Germany and no other hill riding task this season can top the Norwegian roller skiing Detour. I could've been happier seeing this done for a finale in Cleveland, Ohio since it's actually originated from the Buckeye State.

The Hungarian fisherman's soup Roadblock scarred me for life and gave me a new fear that will never be overcomed. I don't want to talk about it. I'm just going to say the editing was so vile and R-rated that I no longer eat tomato soup.

The Lalibela portion felt too obstacle course-like with nothing aesthetically eye-catching similar to the recent legs from season 22 in French Polynesia. It felt very premeditated and less of a race fashion.

Something positive: Sri Lanka was one of the few Legs like Corsica that made me feel temporarily better about the route of this season.

The execution of the window-washing Roadblock in Shanghai was dumb. It would've been better if teams could switch which windows they wanted to wash, but it just ended up with them working their way down to find the hidden message just to have the same distance between each other again, and in China for what? Tall skyscrapers? It could've been saved for a more intriguing building in New York or downtown London for all I care.

Whoever brainstormed and finalized the penultimate love lock Roadblock has to be same person who thought of the execution of the hay bales. Why would you put a time-sensitive task so late especially on this leg that uses taxis and entrusts other people's senses?

And as a Chicago native, I found the finishing course of this race abysmal. I'm glad the strangers season brought some well-needed seasoning by visiting Wrigleyville, the Speedway, and the waterfront view at Milton Lee Olive Park.

S.6 was one of the worst seasons I've watched. After the S.5 which I think is the gold standard of TAR. S.6 sunk to rock bottom lows with their casting choices playing a huge factor. S.6 was very much like S.32, both had excellent routes but the majority of the cast and the winners were a huge let down.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 04:18:12 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2020, 12:29:50 AM »
I've watched every season of the American versions and Australian ones except TAR8. I could never get past the first episode.

Offline Wadsy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2021, 05:06:06 PM »

S.6 was one of the worst seasons I've watched. After the S.5 which I think is the gold standard of TAR. S.6 sunk to rock bottom lows with their casting choices playing a huge factor. S.6 was very much like S.32, both had excellent routes but the majority of the cast and the winners were a huge let down.

I would say TAR6 is quite controversial, and one of the seasons that people either love or hate. There are many seasons out there that many love such as TAR5 while most hate TAR8 and 24. 6 on the other hand has it's love group (which I am part of) and the hate group. While I can understand why people would hate it for it's bunching and various cast members, I love it for all those reasons plus the fact that it has the best locations, unpredictability and task design in the race IMO. As I said in other posts, Jonathan could be annoying and I dislike Kendra for being self entitled. Freddy always gave me a good laugh, as did Adam.
Wadsy