Author Topic: Coronavirus: OFFICIAL Updates/ Health Info/Travel Info  (Read 22079 times)

Online claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Re: Coronavirus: OFFICIAL Updates/ Health Info/Travel Info
« Reply #275 on: November 19, 2020, 10:05:40 PM »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #276 on: November 20, 2020, 02:20:33 AM »
But I'm not sure I want this pne yet.

Do you mind stating your reasons? Just curious to hear something from a medical point of view.

Online claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #277 on: November 22, 2020, 04:05:01 AM »
Toronto and surrounding areas will be on lockdown effective Monday at 0000 Eastern Time as Ontario sharply increased COVID-19 cases in the past few weeks.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/21/americas/toronto-lockdown-covid-intl/index.html

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #278 on: November 22, 2020, 06:14:39 PM »
Yesterday 68 new cases were found in Hong Kong.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline theschnauzers

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #279 on: November 23, 2020, 11:51:42 PM »
The US General Services Administration has now formally “ascertained “ that former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen Kamala Harris have “apparently” been elected as President and Vice President of the United States beginning on January 20,2021, and the the formal transition has begun. In terms of the COVID-19 pandemic, this allows the incoming administration to contact and coordinate with professional staff at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, including the Pandemic Task Force within the White House, as the incoming administration prepares a COVID-19 response plan, including a vaccine distribution plan to implement of the first day of the new administration. It is unclear whether Congress will be able to enact any sort of pandemic or economic rescue plan during its lame duck session, especially as the GOP majority in the outgoing Senate has already been reduced by one seat, to 52 to 48, and at least three GOP Senators are in COVID-19 quarantine per CDC protocols.
Senate control in the new Senate is unclear as both US Senate seats from Georgia are in runoffs to be held January 5th, and a Democratic sweep of both seats would lead to a equal division in the Senate, with a Vice President Harris deciding control.
In the meantime, the rate of new cases, new hospitalization, use of of ICU beds and ventilators are reaching all time highs in a majority of states, and that rate of child COVID-19 diagnoses have risen substantially in just the last two weeks (since Halloween)  Experts are fearful of what will happen this week for the Thanksgiving holiday as many families and groups are likely to gather ignoring social distancing and mask guidance.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #280 on: November 24, 2020, 08:34:41 AM »
This Georgia election is going to be Brutal. I want to throe something at the Republican lying TV ads 20 x a day Ugh.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #281 on: November 24, 2020, 10:02:33 AM »
This Georgia election is going to be Brutal. I want to throe something at the Republican lying TV ads 20 x a day Ugh.
And somehow both my senators think it's in their best interest to campaign there, too! Scott already got COVID from it- nervous to see how much of a mess it becomes.
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity" - Nelson Mandela

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. " - Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • If we'd only known that we were saying you goodbye
« Reply #282 on: November 27, 2020, 09:33:40 PM »
Update from Argentina:

President Fernández  has announced today that the Dispo has been extended to the whole country - with the exception of two cities - until December 20th.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • If we'd only known that we were saying you goodbye
« Reply #283 on: Yesterday at 01:58:31 PM »
Update from Argentina:

President Fernández  has announced today that the Dispo has been extended to the whole country - with the exception of two cities - until December 20th.

Some of the new dispositions announced for the Metropolitan Area of Buenos Aires starting November 30th include: a new maximun of 20 persons for gatherings in open spaces; bars and restaurants extend their opening hours until 3.00am and their tables at open air could have now a limit of 8 persons; open air events with an attendance of 500 persons with some area restrictions.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez