Author Topic: Coronavirus: OFFICIAL Updates/ Health Info/Travel Info  (Read 81890 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: Coronavirus: OFFICIAL Updates/ Health Info/Travel Info
« Reply #250 on: October 20, 2020, 02:03:02 AM »
With the general election now two weeks away, 48 of the 50 states are reporting increases in COVID-19 cases, and an increase in hospitalizations. It’s become clear no vaccine will be far enough along to br approved for potential use before the election. It continues to be hard to generalize what is happening and will happen until the results of the election are known.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #251 on: October 20, 2020, 09:55:55 AM »
This item from Political Wire helps explain the currents. Most of these rural countries are in states where the governors has refused requirements for masks or social distancing.

https://politicalwire.com/2020/10/20/rural-infections-run-out-of-control/
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #252 on: October 23, 2020, 10:58:39 PM »
There’s definitely a massive surge of cases being reported in the US. Some localities are reporting a 24% positivity rate in the past week, and the national daily cases set a record (over 85,000) since the pandemic began. 48 of the 50 states, plus DC are reporting increases in the number of cases and hospitalizations.

Some new studies are suggesting the people who have blood type A may have a higher risks of infection, while people with. Look type O may have less. Another genetic link may involve people with Down’s Syndrome. Dr. Anthony Fucci, a remember of the White House coronavirus task force, but who is on the outs with President Trump indicated today that the time may have arrived for a national face requirement to reduce the risk of transmission as what is feared to be a second wave of.COVID-19 cases seems to be underway.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #253 on: October 24, 2020, 03:39:43 PM »
Update from Argentina:

The quarantine extends for another fifteen days in the same conditions from the last extension.

Good news come from the City of Buenos Aires, where the numbers in the last weeks have experienced a 40% drop in both confirmed cases and hospitalizations, according to the city's Chief of Government.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #254 on: October 25, 2020, 08:43:01 AM »
Update from China:

137 new cases were found in Kashi, Xinjiang, China. All of them were asymptomatic.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #255 on: October 27, 2020, 03:34:50 PM »
An individual in my small town that had it last spring has been confirmed to have it again.  In the spring, he had very mild symptoms.  Not so lucky this time. I don't believe he is hospitalized but the person that told me has first hand knowledge as her husband and this individual serve on the local school board together. She said it has hit him very hard this time.

For the state, cases are increasing with over 2000 cases a day this last week. One day was 2858 cases, the highest number on record. 7 day moving average of positivity rates has gone from 2.7% on Sept 24th to 5.7% on Oct 25th.  My county has had skyrocketing cases this month. We could very possibly double our September EOM number by the end of October and that is not a good thing. We have also been in the top 10 of the highest occurrence ranking list all of this month, now sitting as #2. Most of the rural area of the state I live in has been in the top 10 recently.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #256 on: October 28, 2020, 06:04:54 PM »
In the world events, France has declared a second national lockdown beginning this Friday as covid cases have rising and it peaked 1 million cases nearly a week ago.

Europe's covid cases are exploding with Russia still has the highest covid cases in the continent, while France itself became the worst affected covid country in the whole of Europe.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 06:21:38 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #258 on: November 01, 2020, 01:03:34 AM »
England has announced to impose a second lockdown will start on Thursday, November 5 up until at the start of December. Unlike the first lockdown, schools will allow to stay open. The whole of UK now has over a million covid cases and the 9th country to do so.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-54763956

Offline theschnauzers

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #259 on: November 04, 2020, 11:13:14 PM »
48 of the 50 states are reporting massive numbers of new cases in this election week, with over 100,000 cases reported on Tuesday.
Positivity rates are soaring. Iowa now has a 15% percent positivity rates,and additional counties reporting rates of over 10%. The governor here has chosen to do nothing, not even trying to prepares for a new wave of cases requiring hospitalization.

Maybe there’ll be something more helpful in a few days.
-- theschnauzers

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #260 on: November 05, 2020, 11:17:49 AM »
Ohio's positivity rates are up to 8.9%. The first 4 days of November has brought 14,512 new cases.  My county is still being hit hard with cases. The EOM number doubled what the EOM September number was  :'(  78% of the state lives in counties where there is high exposure and spread.  Only 1% of the state lives in what is considered low risk areas.  I guess a good stat is the fact that the state is still at less than 2% of the population have been COVID positive (but that could change today if we have another 4000 case day).

There was no press conference on Tuesday so I will be very interested to see what he says today. And, I'm totally sure that my county will stay Level 3 and maybe even be on the watch list leading to Level 4 (which means the county should only go out for essential services and supplies).  No county has been put on Level 4 but if this keeps up, who knows...

Ironically, I was supposed to attend a funeral tomorrow for a lady that graduated with my dad and my parents took vacations with her and her husband many times.  The funeral has been postponed 2 weeks because the only daughter (brother was killed in the 80's) and her husband are COVID positive.  Honestly doesn't surprise me because they have not been very good at social distancing or even staying at home during the whole pandemic.

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #261 on: November 05, 2020, 09:19:22 PM »
Short update from Argentina:

Still pending of an oficial announcement, but the information circulating on the media is that the quarantine won't be extended again, at least in the Metropolitan Area of Buenos Aires as the number continue to decrease.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #262 on: November 06, 2020, 05:16:35 PM »
Short update from Argentina:

Still pending of an oficial announcement, but the information circulating on the media is that the quarantine won't be extended again, at least in the Metropolitan Area of Buenos Aires as the number continue to decrease.

Now it's official: after more than seven month this Monday the Metropolitan Area of Buenos Aires is leaving this current stage of the quarantine and enters a new phase, called DISPO (Preventive and Mandatory Social Distancing). This stage implies new openings to come (more flexibility for indoor social meetings, authorization for practicing sport activities in small groups, artistic events with limited audience, classes in universities and schools, and more).

Offline theschnauzers

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #263 on: November 07, 2020, 02:29:37 PM »
We can now expect in the coming days, even before his inauguration on January 20th, a national plan from President-Elect Joe Biden to address the pandemic both in terms of public health and economic remediation and recovery.
-- theschnauzers

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #264 on: November 08, 2020, 07:28:13 PM »
COVID-19 cases are now exceeded to 50 million worldwide since where it began almost 11 months ago in Wuhan, China. US is now have 10 million cases. Nearly 50 percent of new cases coming from Europe where the second wave began in late July in Spain.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/11/08/932871098/covid-19-cases-top-50-million-globally-u-s-nears-10-million
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 11:26:23 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #265 on: November 09, 2020, 12:00:18 AM »
Update from China:

1) One case was found in Tianjin. Tianjin has proclaimed a "war footing" to counter the virus.

PS: The strain from the local case in Tianjin shares large similarities with that from cases popular during the period from April to June in Northern America. This is the #1 trend on Weibo now.

2) One local case was found in Yingqian village, Pudong New Area, Shanghai. The patient is a porter working in Pudong Airport.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 06:42:37 PM by SuperTux »
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline theschnauzers

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #266 on: November 10, 2020, 04:49:55 PM »
The announcement of preliminary results of one of the vaccine candidates (Pfizer and its partner, the German company, BioNTech) of a 90 percent effectiveness rate, is raising expectations that an emergency approval may take place before years end. There are a couple of logistical issues (it’s a two step vaccine meaning two doses administered four weeks apart, the need to have cold storage of the doses,) and the need to manufacture sufficient doses before it is approved for distribution.

Meanwhile, Iowa has fallen into thr grips of a massive outbreak of COVID-19 with 4000 new cases statewide daily, a rise in hospitalization (to capacity in some urban counties), respirator use, and ICU bed occupancy. The state’s largest health care system, UnityPoint, is at capacity at all of its hospitals statewide which is causing much longer waits in all of its emergency care facilities across the state and postponement of all elective surgeries.

Positivity rates in almost every county now exceeds 10%, and most now exceed 15% of those tested within the last two weeks. Urban school systems are beginning to seek waivers for remote instruction from the state’s mandatory in class instruction requirement, which will last for up to 2 weeks at a time.

And Iowa’s governor has finally issued a partial mask wearing mandate for gatherings of over 25 indoors, and 100 outdoors.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 01:31:31 AM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #267 on: November 10, 2020, 07:01:57 PM »
Ohio had its highest ever single day number of cases today. Over 6500.  An increase of about 1800 cases in one day.  Yesterday there was a press conference with the new Chief Medical Officer for the state (a new position within the Ohio Department of Health) and the leads for the 3 healthcare zones in Ohio that were set up previously.  They updated viewers on the capacities in their zones which at this time is not critical.  But what is becoming critical is the number of caregivers coming down with the virus which means less staff available to take care of COVID cases.  In addition to the 3 zone leads, they had the President of Mercy Health in Lima, Ohio (just 14 miles from me) talk about what is happening in our area which is mainly rural.  Again, not having enough staff is the problem.

There was no regular press conference today but the Governor will be making a rare evening statewide address to discuss the critical stage Ohio has entered and what impacts are to be on moving forward.  The last time he did one of these saw the start of the wearing masks in public areas in July (that many people ignore  :furious:).  When asked about another shutdown, he was not said yes and not said no.  So whether another shutdown is in the cards for Ohio, who knows.  The other thing that he could be talking about could be the possibility of counties reaching Level 4 in the health advisory system.  With the extremely large number of cases in just the last (averaging over 3600 per day for the last 14 days), it wouldn't surprise me if there are now Level 4 counties especially with the increase in hospitalizations and ICU occupancies which are 2 of the 7 indicators needing to be met.  And, the daily positivity testing rate is now at 11%. The 7 day rolling average is 9.6%.

Yesterday I asked my local county health department if the increase in cases were from community spread or if some could be attributed to large gatherings.  They didn't answer but another person responded today with this...  i know someone who threw a party knowing she had covid... they knew she did as well. Then they all got to enjoy their paid time off of work. Intentional covid spread IS happening.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #268 on: November 11, 2020, 07:12:36 PM »
Pfizer's coronavirus vaccine shows it is 90 percent effective.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/09/health/covid-vaccine-pfizer.html

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #269 on: November 16, 2020, 06:03:40 PM »
Moderna's coronavirus vaccine shows 95% effective and will immune all world's population of 7.7 billion. Cases in the US exceeded to 11 million with reimpose restrictions in some states implemented due to winter surge.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54902908

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #270 on: November 16, 2020, 07:26:59 PM »
I don't really trust the vaccine tbh. Too much of the unknown

The Vaccine Reaction
https://thevaccinereaction.org/vaccination/risk-failure-reports/

Things to Read:
Moderna’s COVID-19 Vaccine Provokes ‘COVID-Like Symptoms’ in Phase 3 Trial
Johnson & Johnson Pauses Phase 3 COVID-19 Vaccine Trial Following ‘Unexplained Illness’
20 Volunteers Suffer Serious Reactions to Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 Vaccine
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline theschnauzers

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #271 on: November 16, 2020, 07:55:54 PM »
One of the primary reason for the series of trials is to test its efficacy and for side effects. I’ve had vaccines for all sorts of things my entire life, and never had an adverse reaction. The risks of vaccines are overstated by those who should know better. This all started because some parent became convince that childhood vaccines cause autism, something that has been medically disproven. Now that argument has reached the level of the absurd. Once these vaccines are approved and become widely available, you can expect the vaccination for COVID-19 will become essentially mandatory on many levels as a way to restore normalcy.
-- theschnauzers

Offline theschnauzers

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #272 on: November 16, 2020, 07:59:07 PM »
Meanwhile, tonight, Iowa’s governor finally issued a broader mask mandate, but it’s full of loopholes. First, it only applies to indoor spaces, and not outdoors, and given the demonstrated ability of the coronavirus to spread in the air, that’s insane. The current proclamation expires December 11.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #273 on: November 17, 2020, 06:06:40 AM »
One of the primary reason for the series of trials is to test its efficacy and for side effects. I’ve had vaccines for all sorts of things my entire life, and never had an adverse reaction. The risks of vaccines are overstated by those who should know better. This all started because some parent became convince that childhood vaccines cause autism, something that has been medically disproven. Now that argument has reached the level of the absurd. Once these vaccines are approved and become widely available, you can expect the vaccination for COVID-19 will become essentially mandatory on many levels as a way to restore normalcy.

I'm medical. And have to agree this is being rushed. I've had about every known vaccine after traveling extensively in Africa and Asia.

But I'm not sure I want this pne yet.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #274 on: November 19, 2020, 08:24:39 PM »
Update from China:

31 new cases were found in China today, among which 4 were in Shanghai and 17 were imported cases.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。