Author Topic: DISCUSSION of TAR 33 SUSPENSION DUE TO COVID (may contain location spoilers)  (Read 88469 times)

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: DISCUSSION of the TAR 33 CANCELLATION DUE TO CORONOVIRUS
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2020, 09:47:59 AM »
1. Assuming all the remaining 8 or 9 teams can return...

Maybe they could do it like how TAR China does it with celebrities. They film for a few days (2 consecutive legs in the same country or i neighboring countries), then they go on a break for 2 or 3 weeks before returning for the next 2 legs. Edit the legs so they still appear continuous.

2. Redo TAR33 from the start, and invite all teams that cannot participate in TAR33 for a future season. If not, they get some sort of compensation.

To be honest, I am surprised that this season was even given the go-ahead a few weeks ago. (I mean, I know the filming date was planned months ago, but I would assume the producers would have pulled the plug on this about 2 to 3 weeks earlier, and postpone everything till July perhaps.)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2020, 10:03:40 AM »
Somebody posted this on reddit, can anybody verify? (Potential Route spoilers)
claudemac24hrs38m   
Just before the race got halted production, the race route for TAR 33 is supposedly starting at United Kingdom 🇬🇧 (England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 and Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿) - Sweden 🇸🇪 - Spain 🇪🇸 - South Africa 🇿🇦 - Mozambique 🇲🇿 - Thailand 🇹🇭 - Indonesia 🇮🇩 - Australia 🇦🇺 - Japan 🇯🇵; a 5-continent race as planned. No new countries (TAR 21, 22, 23, 24 and 29), just some countries would be undervisited as they visited in TAR one to two times.

Whether the 33rd race would be going back to production by late March or early April, the route will be modified from the initial eastbound route in England and Scotland, and through into the westerly route from Oceania and to the penultimate leg in Europe.

This is false.

This is Claude posting opinions as facts again.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2020, 10:13:48 AM »
Lmao sorry that above post’s formatting got so messed up but I was just using “flu season” as a catch all term. This year it’s the COVID that’s bad but any other February filming could run into a bad flu season and everyone ends up getting sick.

When the suspended production would take a little longer, hopefully the race could restart filming by late March or early April.

JMO

In theory, they only need to wait it out a few more weeks but I guess we’ll just have to see how it pans out irl.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2020, 10:14:23 AM »
I apologize for this that I posted at Reddit. So please you have no right to copy my post from Reddit to this forum.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 10:17:54 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2020, 10:17:54 AM »
https://twitter.com/bnodesk?lang=en

1st case reported in Ecuador.

Honestly, it would have been extremely difficult to hit a country with 0 infections. A country with 0 infections is likely to be a country with not enough test kits and with less than desirable healthcare standards.

Offline ghostbusted

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2020, 10:24:04 AM »
Just for information, does anyone recall how TAR production dealt with the SARS and MERS outbreaks in the past?

Offline kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2020, 12:07:33 PM »
claudemac24hrs38m   
Just before the race got halted production, the race route for TAR 33 is supposedly starting at United Kingdom 🇬🇧 (England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 and Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿) - Sweden 🇸🇪 - Spain 🇪🇸 - South Africa 🇿🇦 - Mozambique 🇲🇿 - Thailand 🇹🇭 - Indonesia 🇮🇩 - Australia 🇦🇺 - Japan 🇯🇵; a 5-continent race as planned. No new countries (TAR 21, 22, 23, 24 and 29), just some countries would be undervisited as they visited in TAR one to two times.

Whether the 33rd race would be going back to production by late March or early April, the route will be modified from the initial eastbound route in England and Scotland, and through into the westerly route from Oceania and to the penultimate leg in Europe.

This is false.

This is Claude posting opinions as facts again.

I genuinely dislike when this keeps coming up.  Speculation is one thing, but it impresses no one to repeatedly 'inform people' with a fake, unconfirmed route or, in other channels, to spoil it in advance.

So please you have no right to copy my post from Reddit to this forum.

They cited the author.  It's not against rights for someone to copy and paste posts with attribution.  Welcome to the internet.  Nobody is hunting someone down for message board not-quite-plagiarism.

Offline kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2020, 12:10:01 PM »
Just for information, does anyone recall how TAR production dealt with the SARS and MERS outbreaks in the past?

The SARS outbreak was at a peak in 2003-- they filmed TAR4 in winter of that year.  They didn't go to South China, Hong Kong, or Toronto, where the most prominent outbreaks were.  Simple as that.

Coronavirus only leaned into the pandemic stage in the past week or two, and it probably made sense to start production, especially with early countries not being affected quite yet, instead of postponing for the cast, crew, and logistics that were probably already fully-booked.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2020, 12:31:36 PM »
I see RFF already pretending this season never happened. Why TAR33 threads are hide/deleted?

This was my decision with support from the Detective team.

The reason is this: Production said in their post that there may be a CHANCE that this race can continue. If that is the case how could we possibly have full info on their castmates that they might not know? If the route were to remain the same how could we have leg info?

I made this call almost  immediately on seeing the news.

Once it seems calmer hope I can get some feedback that will tell us how best to proceed. Meanwhile we'll hold the info safely.

And those of you who know how much I personally love TAR know that this is heartbreaking for me and indeed of all of us who love the show.

Thanks for the well written summaries Mangoes! And the Schnauzers for the coronavirus updates.

It happens that I have a very broad medical background..and am in a position to read and understand the medical implications.

Based on  what we know this was 1000% the right call. This isn't a bad cold or a mild flu. It has the potential to escalate and cause havoc and serious loss of life around the world. NOT continuing the race has my full support and I understand completely.

Sure doesn't mean that I am not devastated for the teams, the crew, and our wonderful Producers and even RFF too.

We need to be also aware that this has the potential to affect upcoming  filming of Survivor,  two new Disney/Profiles shows  (The Quest) and many others.

For now the RIGHT thing is to protect LIVES first. Shows are a distant second.

I suggest a good read of the latest WHO (World Health Organization) updates to stay firmly on top of this. The current US admin is NOT your best source of info. Just saying.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2020, 12:39:52 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: February 29, 2020, 01:30:06 PM »
IMO, They should have not filmed in the beginning. Now it's become a mess.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: February 29, 2020, 03:06:47 PM »
BVM has posted on my FB saying basically no choice...

You should be able to see it even if we are not FB friends as its public:

https://www.facebook.com/georgiapeach1/posts/10158057242842962?notif_id=1582936823619556&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: February 29, 2020, 08:07:21 PM »
I wonder what will happen with 3 already filmed episodes... Will they be released some day? at CBS ALL ACCES maybe? or this will be really our lost season?

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #63 on: February 29, 2020, 09:20:12 PM »
My heart goes out to all involved on the race and the decision WRP made was truly a relief. There's nothing a single hero could have possibly done to prevent the virus from spreading even more and this was the best and most sensible move for now. I'm just glad everyone is, hopefully, safe. I know people on here have talked about the Chinese version of TAR transplanting teams back to locations because of contractual circumstances that paused the race so perhaps this could be done when the viral spread reaches a conclusion. Flying the teams back out to the UK when all this coronavirus chaos is contained and treated right seems like the only other option besides full trash chuting this season.

I didn't -not- expect TAR to be worrisome this filming cycle with the medico political stuff in play, but I didn't expect TAR to be taken out like this. Honestly, even a "Family Edition" style race within the U.S. would be risky because there are confirmed cases here as well.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: February 29, 2020, 10:07:36 PM »
The problem goes far deeper than just returning them to the last leg.

It takes WEEKS of planning for each leg. Ground crew/locations/permits/local staff/hotels/medical backup. All of which is based on a SPECIFIC date.

For EACH leg highly likely that ALL of that would have to be redone.

I have full confidence in WRP...but starting this all over, reassembling a full production team, resetting the planned tasks seems overwhelming. It is just like starting over.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: February 29, 2020, 10:13:28 PM »
claudemac24hrs38m   

If this was real! Oh wow, Sweden, South Africa, Mozambique, Australia!  :groan: :whoop:

Since this is totally incorrect perhaps best if we stop quoting it?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 11:57:01 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: February 29, 2020, 10:16:49 PM »
georgiapeach - What is your opinion about future of TAR33? Should we consider this season to be never finished with actual cast? That seems the most likely to me. Production is done with TAR as of now, right? No planning,casting, etc.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #67 on: February 29, 2020, 10:33:13 PM »
They could still restart the Race on Leg 4 with the same cast. They wouldn't need to return to the originally planned route, of course.

But if it's just far too much trouble to reassemble the cast, they might as well just scrap the entire season. Keep it as TAR33 with a asterisk by it. Air (TV, online, wherever) what they have as some kind of special miniseries/documentary-style thing. And next fully-produced season will just be TAR34. (Which can still include the same cast or however many teams are available or are interested to return.)

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #68 on: February 29, 2020, 10:38:19 PM »
They could still restart the Race on Leg 4 with the same cast. They wouldn't need to return to the originally planned route, of course.

But if it's just far too much trouble to reassemble the cast, they might as well just scrap the entire season. Keep it as TAR33 with a asterisk by it. Air (TV, online, wherever) what they have as some kind of special miniseries/documentary-style thing. And next fully-produced season will just be TAR34. (Which can still include the same cast or however many teams are available or are interested to return.)
I’ve been thinking and I don’t think it’d be that hard to reassemble the cast. They all just need to take a little over two weeks off work and that doesn’t sound too unreasonable. The hard part in my opinion would be planning legs 4-12 because they’d basically be planning an entirely new season from scratch
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: February 29, 2020, 10:56:11 PM »
The best solution imo would be finish this season when it will be possible, with original available cast. Let's say in these 3 filmed legs 3 teams were eliminated.

8 teams remained... It's march 2021. No Coronavirus.

7 out of 8 teams are available for filming. These 7 teams will be continue to race...

Another 6 legs will be filmed.

No exotic countries, long distance flights, the motto is "finish it cheap".

5 legs in North/South America, 6th leg in USA.

CBS already spend and lost ton of money on this season. They could try to make at least some small profit of it if possible.

All what they should do is just finish this when possible by filming just 5 or 6 another legs.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: February 29, 2020, 11:25:47 PM »
The best solution imo would be finish this season when it will be possible, with original available cast. Let's say in these 3 filmed legs 3 teams were eliminated.

8 teams remained... It's march 2021. No Coronavirus.

7 out of 8 teams are available for filming. These 7 teams will be continue to race...

Another 6 legs will be filmed.

No exotic countries, long distance flights, the motto is "finish it cheap".

5 legs in North/South America, 6th leg in USA.

CBS already spend and lost ton of money on this season. They could try to make at least some small profit of it if possible.

All what they should do is just finish this when possible by filming just 5 or 6 another legs.

March 2021, one of the dating couples have become the married couple (& the lady is pregnant), the Showmance couple have been asked back on their show All-Stars and the daughter of the Father/Daughter team has gone back to University.

Now we are short three teams out of the original eight. What happens now? Even if they come back right, some relationships may have changed in the interim, how do you overwrite?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 04:35:37 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2020, 12:44:55 AM »
I only have been watching live since Season 26 however I have since almost every season. Is it just me, or is anyone else very scare. Do you guys think CBS will put off Amazing Race, then one day they will announce the show is cancelled because we all know Amazing Race is in the bottom tier of CBS shows in CBS' eyes. Anyone that has watched the show for over 10 years tell me if you think.

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2020, 01:08:44 AM »
I only have been watching live since Season 26 however I have since almost every season. Is it just me, or is anyone else very scare. Do you guys think CBS will put off Amazing Race, then one day they will announce the show is cancelled because we all know Amazing Race is in the bottom tier of CBS shows in CBS' eyes. Anyone that has watched the show for over 10 years tell me if you think.

I'm sure CBS is not happy with what's been happening... this is likely millions of dollars lost because of the production halt.

At this point, worst case scenario is: CBS quietly cancels TAR, TAR33 never resumes filming and the 3 episodes filmed never see the light of day, TAR32 never airs (or at the very least gets dumped in one go on All-Access with no promotion) and TAR US never sees the light of day again. Worst case scenario right here.

Best case scenario: the coronavirus clears up, production resumes by April, TAR 33 completes filming from where they left off on episode 4 onward and they get to promote the season/specifically episode 3 ending on a cliff hanger/episode 4 as a big event which may draw in ratings when it finally airs. TAR32 airs in the summer/Fall. TAR 33 airs in the Fall/Winter 2021. TAR 34 and TAR 35 are filmed back-to-back and CBS starts finally filming/airing two season a year once again. A long shot I know... but I did say this was best case scenario.

So take the worse case scenario and the best case scenario... realistically what would be a good middle ground?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2020, 01:51:46 AM »
Realistically, CBS doesn't even need TAR33 until 2021, even with the threat of a Writers Strike.

TAR32 could air anytime between May and the end of the year.

It would be pretty embarrassing for CBS to cancel TAR and use the Coronavirus as the excuse. They had plenty of reason to cancel the show when the ratings were terrible between 24-29. Then 30 came along in the best timeslot it had in years and 31 did just about as well as other CBS primetime shows are doing now. So there's actually less reason for CBS to cancel TAR now than the last couple of years.

Budget concerns will ultimately be what decides TAR's fate. And literally every other TAR in the world has shown that you can produce a solid show even with a smaller budget. So if they run a tight ship, get the sponsors and local incentives needed to keep costs down, maintain okay ratings which translate to good ad rates, then TAR remains a good benchwarmer for the network.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2020, 04:46:06 AM »
Hoping that all of us devoted TAR FANS will give CBS, WRP, PRODUCTION. CREW, and CAST  all of our love and support during this difficult time.

Until we have time to see what this means for TAR Season 33, RFF will be doing everything possible to support our Amazing Race Family.

For now, this means that our Discussions of the Race. The Route and Tasks, and MOST important our Beloved Contestants have all been moved to a safe place.

We will have to see how this unfolds...but as always, our first responsibility is to be sure that none of our Contestant reveals and discussions would interfere with a chance to resume the race at some point.

This event is  heartbreaking for all of our TAR 33 Family, and RFF will do whatever we can to support our TAR FAMILY during this time.

Thank you all for understanding. I know all of you here love TAR with a passion, and will join us in fully supporting everyone involved with TAR 33.

Love you all!

Oh idk it worse than i thought before
well i'll cherish S32 more than i cherish the other seasons, since it could be the last for TARUS and perhaps last of us the human race
just in case iam not survive from this apocalypse au revoir everyone
Swarm stupidity