Author Topic: DISCUSSION of TAR 33 SUSPENSION DUE TO COVID (may contain location spoilers)  (Read 88447 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Hoping that all of us devoted TAR FANS will give CBS, WRP, PRODUCTION. CREW, and CAST  all of our love and support during this difficult time.

Until we have time to see what this means for TAR Season 33, RFF will be doing everything possible to support our Amazing Race Family.

For now, this means that our Discussions of the Race. The Route and Tasks, and MOST important our Beloved Contestants have all been moved to a safe place.

We will have to see how this unfolds...but as always, our first responsibility is to be sure that none of our Contestant reveals and discussions would interfere with a chance to resume the race at some point.

This event is  heartbreaking for all of our TAR 33 Family, and RFF will do whatever we can to support our TAR FAMILY during this time.

Thank you all for understanding. I know all of you here love TAR with a passion, and will join us in fully supporting everyone involved with TAR 33.

Love you all!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 12:17:43 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: DISCUSSION of the TAR 33 CANCELLATION DUE TO CORONOVIRUS
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 12:26:25 PM »
This is a fairly obvious thought given the current world situation but I thought I'd point it out. I just read on another message board about someone who flew from San Francisco to Frankfurt a few days ago and said the plane was only about 20% full. I'm guessing that on most occasions this season there will be little suspense about getting booked on a flight.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 12:52:56 PM »
It’s also possible teams didn’t fly out of {last known location} (edit). I have no hard information, but wondering if they’re consciously try to avoid airports until they have to.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 10:50:27 AM by georgiapeach »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 01:45:24 PM »
Really unfortunate for the teams and production though completely understandable. I was afraid that this could happen considering the coronavirus is on the brink of becoming a pandemic. Hoping they'll be able to resume once this ends.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 01:53:37 PM »
God, I just hope they finish filming the season when things calm down. I can't even imagine how devastated I would be if I were on TAR and the season got canceled three legs in. I’m disappointed they got sent home and I’m just a viewer!

They really shouldn't have done the race with the coronavirus being such an issue. It's good that they're stopping now and everyone can remain safe, but I can't help but think it was a little irresponsible to go out and film right now.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 02:14:00 PM by Malcooolm »
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline KingNorth

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 01:58:49 PM »
Yeah, continuing on from leg 4 is the way to go IMO.

Restarting again from the beginning wouldn't be fair to the teams who survived the first 3 legs. Cancelling it entirely would suck for everybody.

I wonder how they'll handle it when it finally airs though. Do they just ignore it, potential continuity problems and all?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 02:01:10 PM »
CBS announces that the TAR 33 filming is suspended duo to the CoronaVirus situation.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2020, 02:06:21 PM »
I expect they will continue from leg 4. They probably will have a statement at the beginning that the filming was suspended due to concerns over the Corona virus epidemic and that X months have passed since the filming of leg 3. The producers and staff would like to express their sorrow to all who died or were affected by this disease. This season is dedicated to the victims. Something like that. I'm not sure what they will do if one or more teams are unavailable then.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2020, 02:09:15 PM »
I'm not sure what they will do if one or more teams are unavailable then.

This is my biggest concern as well. I would be shocked if whole cast would be available when they decide to continue with filming.

Offline tiger17

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2020, 02:36:44 PM »
So disappointed but not at all surprised. I was shock they would’ve started filming in the first place. So many travelers canceling their vacations and plans, let alone a trip around the world! Totally understandable but just seems like a total misfire on production for starting in the first place.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2020, 02:38:15 PM »
They shouldn't ignore it. In fact, they would gain a lot more attention if they were to address the coronavirus at the start and then include them possibly discussing to halt production at the end of what would be episode 3.

Offline Racegroupie79

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2020, 03:05:11 PM »
Will be very interesting to see where it goes from here!! I can't imagine everyone being available to film again. If you're one of the eliminated teams, you're not going to take another month off work!! Maybe theyll just be willing to fly the couple of eliminated teams into the final city for the finish line.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2020, 03:28:19 PM »
CBS announces that the TAR 33 filming is suspended duo to the CoronaVirus situation.
Link from Variety.com
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline The Dominator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2020, 05:12:51 PM »
They shouldn't ignore it. In fact, they would gain a lot more attention if they were to address the coronavirus at the start and then include them possibly discussing to halt production at the end of what would be episode 3.

Like on Survivor David vs. Goliath when they showed them halting production and evacuating the cast due to a really bad storm, and then returned to camp later. 

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2020, 05:29:46 PM »
Why on earth did CBS allow TAR33 to start filming one week ago & and then order it stop filming one week later and after 3 legs? I seriously don't understand CBS's logic for one second!  :groan:

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2020, 05:41:16 PM »
Why on earth did CBS allow TAR33 to start filming one week ago & and then order it stop filming one week later and after 3 legs? I seriously don't understand CBS's logic for one second!  :groan:

At the time filming started, the spread of the virus was stable and manageable. In the past 24 hours, South Korea announced over 500 new cases, and Italy announced over 200. The extent of the virus outside of China was much larger than previously thought when teams were sequestered and became too unpredictable.

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2020, 05:46:12 PM »
I think that production kept going until the powers that be cancelled it. The crew were probably aware of the recent virus reports but did not have authorization to shut the filming down.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2020, 06:27:24 PM »
I know that we are all heartbroken for our beloved race. But this was the right thing to do and I know you all will join me in giving the Producers, the Crew, and the Cast all of our support during this difficult time.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 05:20:54 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2020, 06:30:51 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2020, 06:39:05 PM »
I support TAR crew members and cast for taking this important decision.
I'm hoping no one caught the virus.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2020, 06:52:21 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2020, 07:14:29 PM »
Obviously, I (and many others) are devastated with the decision to put TAR33 on hiatus. However, the health, safety & wellbeing of the production crew & the contestants is of the upmost importance and they have made the right decision! Let's hope this is only temporary!

“Due to increased concerns and uncertainty regarding the coronavirus around the world, CBS and the producers of The Amazing Race have taken the precautionary measure of temporarily suspending production on the 33rd season of the series,” the network said today. “All contestants and production staff are in the process of returning home.”

“At this time, no Racers or anyone on the production team traveling with them have contracted the virus or shown symptoms, and we are not aware of anyone being exposed to it,”

https://deadline.com/2020/02/coronavirus-amazing-race-stopped-production-cbs-survivor-1202870836/

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2020, 07:24:33 PM »
For example, Bachelor in Paradise 2017 was temporarily suspended filming due to two contestants being treated from sexual misconduct, most of that cast returned to filming a couple of days later. I wonder the race might have to restart filming all over again.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 07:32:59 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2020, 07:30:17 PM »
Kind of figured this was coming once it got so bad in Italy. Everyone’s health and safety comes first. Hopefully they can get rolling again here soon once Spring officially gets here and kills off the strand for now.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 07:36:35 PM by cerealking »

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2020, 07:32:20 PM »

Because up until this week, it was mostly contained to China but now at least Italy and SK (out of potential countries they’ll go to, it’s bad in Iran too but ain’t nobody going there) are getting hit really hard.