Author Topic: TAR 33: (ORIGINAL) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 14468 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 33: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2020, 04:12:09 AM »

A possibility?!? I have a friend living in Stockholm & and one in based in Gothenburg but regularly goes to Stockholm. Will ask them if they have seen anything related to TAR.

Yes. It was a very good possibility.

I cannot r/o a leg today but yesterday would have fit a lot better.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2020, 05:08:54 AM »
Do we know where they flew out of? If production wants to avoid going to a massive airport (with more chance of the spread of diseases), they could instead fly out of Glasgow or Edinburgh. There are good connections to Portugal, which could be a good bet given that there are no confirmed nor suspected cases there. If they’re in the Azores or Madeira it could explain why they haven’t been spotted.
  ....i saw those flights... Maybe portugal

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2020, 01:34:51 PM »
BREAKING: CBS suspends production for The Amazing Race 33 due to coronavirus fears. Source: Variety

Not sure if this is the right thread or not

Online stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2020, 01:43:40 PM »
:O
I can't believe this.... Poor racers. I hope they will restart filming from there in a few months.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2020, 01:54:36 PM »
The report, quoting CBS, confirms three legs have been completed.
The report confirms there is no medical indication that any Racers, or production have any symptoms of coronavirus, and everyone will be monitored for any symptoms over the next number of weeks.
And the decision was described as proactive.

I’m sure this disruption in production for television and film worldwide is just the tip of the iceberg.
-- theschnauzers

Online I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2020, 01:55:36 PM »
Yeah, I feel really bad for racers. :(

The question is... Why they even started filming this season at first place? It's not like virus started during filming, they were aware of it.

I can't even image the future of this season... Will they continue with filming sometime? Will be whole cast available then?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2020, 02:01:49 PM »
As the action is described as a temporary suspension, I would guess production will pick up from where the suspension took place once the health environment globally has sufficiently improved.
I’m been very fearful that this might happen. And that production tried to get ahead of it with that strange start, but it wasn’t enough.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 02:17:47 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2020, 02:03:14 PM »

The question is... Why they even started filming this season at first place? It's not like virus started during filming, they were aware of it.

I can't even image the future of this season... Will they continue with filming sometime? Will be whole cast available then?
Sad thing, but safety comes first. Hope they start from Where they closed down. So cool they went to Glasgow.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Shaynepc

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #134 on: February 28, 2020, 02:07:28 PM »
I will also join those wondering what temporary suspension means. Will they be able to continue the season at a future point with the same course/Racers? Or will this season be entirely tossed in the bin, and once things cool down they will begin a new Race and new cast that will be released as TAR 33?

I certainly hope the currently racing cast gets to finish at some point!

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2020, 02:13:55 PM »
From the Variety article:

Three episodes had been filmed thus far, according to a source, and the contestants had visited England and Scotland prior to the suspension of the production.

I guess there was a second leg filmed in Scotland that we were unaware of. Unless the start with people flying into London from airports all over the US was a separate episode.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2020, 02:15:27 PM »

Three episodes had been filmed thus far, according to a source, and the contestants had visited England and Scotland prior to the suspension of the production.

I guess there was a second leg filmed in Scotland that we were unaware of. Unless the start with people flying into London from airports all over the US was a separate episode.
Maybe the press release said they’d filmed three episodes but not what locations and they just googled what locations had been spoiled  :duno:
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2020, 02:31:04 PM »

The situation seemed under control enough that they would conceivably avoid hotspots maybe. But things have changed so much since even when teams were sequestered. With the cases in Italy and now cases popping up with no clear origin, it just would've been impossible to thread that needle and truly avoid putting cast and crew at risk.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2020, 02:31:28 PM »

Maybe the press release said they’d filmed three episodes but not what locations and they just googled what locations had been spoiled  :duno:

That's very possible. I'd be a little surprised if CBS or the TAR producers revealed the locations. There wasn't a need to do so.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2020, 02:36:06 PM »
It will be interesting to see how they resume production. Unless teams can't because of work and such, I'd like the cast to stay the same.

But would they re-do the first 2/3 legs? Pick up where the race left off?

It would be fascinating television to see how it all unfolded. They certainly should not let these already filmed episodes go unaired. Whether as a special episode or as part of the actual full run of the season.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2020, 02:45:40 PM »
The Hollywood Reporter has also issued an article, also citing unidentified sources concerning Race locations.
But what’s interesting is that CBS hadn’t confirmed TAR 33 itself until this release.
I also note in my news feed that the official status of the outbreak, according to the World Health Organization, was raised from “high” to “very high” (highest level) at a news conference earlier today in Geneva. Can’t be a coincidence, must have been the trigger for the CBS decision. The WHO reports confirmed cases in over 50 countries. Even the new James Bond film has suspended premiere activities until March or April (so far) because events had been scheduled in China.
The online media has now cancelled two big annual global events involving Apple and Google.
And there’s already concern that the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo May need to be suspended, canceled, or moved, as well as the 2020 San Diego Comic Con.
Post updated.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 03:19:52 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2020, 03:04:49 PM »
Shocked but not surprised, what's surprising is they tried to film right now in the first place.

Just about anywhere they try to go in the world is going to be a Russian Roulette with the crew and racers' health.

Offline dillybop

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2020, 03:20:48 PM »
My guess is that a planned location had an outbreak.

Also do you really think they will pick up or will the just scrape it? the suspension has no current plans of refilming.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2020, 03:25:11 PM »
The Spanish (1918) Flu hung around for nearly 3 years. And given the fact that some people have recovered from Coronavirus and then reacquired it, the suspension may last a long time.

Online I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2020, 03:29:02 PM »
I wonder how coronavirus'll affect TARAU5/TARCAN8 filming.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2020, 04:21:12 PM »
My guess is that a planned location had an outbreak.

Or several locations...
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2020, 04:22:10 PM »
Well, Kinda saw this coming. I'm wondering when this airs (if it does) whether the hiatus would be mentioned.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2020, 04:23:05 PM »
 :furious:
Well, Kinda saw this coming. I'm wondering when this airs (if it does) whether the hiatus would be mentioned.
Yeah, I have doubts they’ll finish filming this season with this cast :(
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2020, 04:27:40 PM »
It’s really hard to project a timeline on what’s known. Now. The WHO guidance will continue be to telling. Likewise the CDC and the State Department as to travel advisories.
-- theschnauzers