Author Topic: TAR 33: (ORIGINAL) Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 14721 times)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 33: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2020, 07:33:26 PM »
IIRC, Brazil had its first coronavirus case reported, a first also for South America.

Yes, that is correct. The man walked through Sao Paulo for 4 days before discovering about it.

Not having TAR news this long could mean they have gone to a remote location or are in a long flight (?)
I'm checking Twitter every hour. We'll find something.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2020, 07:57:16 PM »
IIRC, Brazil had its first coronavirus case reported, a first also for South America.

Yes, that is correct. The man walked through Sao Paulo for 4 days before discovering about it.

Not having TAR news this long could mean they have gone to a remote location or are in a long flight (?)
I'm checking Twitter every hour. We'll find something.

Or a rest day ...

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2020, 07:59:53 PM »
What are the chances that the Coronavirus gets to be at such a point where they cancel the season and just send everyone home?
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2020, 08:03:13 PM »
What are the chances that the Coronavirus gets to be at such a point where they cancel the season and just send everyone home?

I legit had this thought an hour ago :(

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2020, 08:04:42 PM »
Low. I’m sure they have adequate plans in place for if the coronavirus gets worse
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2020, 09:21:27 PM »
So the Leg 3 started?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2020, 09:41:19 PM »
Not yet. Yesterday was a rest day..they should be leaving Glasgow soon so all hands on deck!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2020, 09:52:17 PM »
Oh man, I’d assumed they were already traveling. I bet Leg 3 is close to Glasgow otherwise they probably would’ve spent today on connecting flights and such

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2020, 11:01:50 PM »
I think Italy can be out of the TAR33 possible country
The coronavirus hit Italy very hard

This makes some of the Eastern Europe/Trans-Caucasian countries have very high possibility

In Asia,I think only Taiwan is the most viable option
Central Asia such as Uzbekistan may be good

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2020, 11:32:02 PM »
I think Italy can be out of the TAR33 possible country
The coronavirus hit Italy very hard

This makes some of the Eastern Europe/Trans-Caucasian countries have very high possibility

In Asia,I think only Taiwan is the most viable option
Central Asia such as Uzbekistan may be good

Besides Central Asia and various off-limits Middle Eastern Countries (Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Syria, etc). The only countries in Asian that have had no confirmed cases nor suspected cases are: Timor-Leste, Brunei, Laos, Bhutan, the Maldives, Jordan, Qatar and Armenia (the map on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_coronavirus_outbreak_by_country_and_territory is quite useful). Granted, just because a country has confirmed cases doesn't mean it's doing bad (India, Cambodia, Sri Lanka and Nepal have made swift recoveries).

Granted, as soon as I post this I'm sure things will change. However, given just how untenable (most of) Asia has become, I would be surprised if we get many Asian legs. I would actually be shocked if there are more than two Asian legs this season.

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2020, 01:28:35 AM »
It's honestly really screwed up if a country just closes its borders or stop flights from entering in a matter of hours. Imagine if, for example, teams are heading to Albania (currently 0 cases) and your flight gets cancelled or redirected. Or all teams are already in Albania and you have problems heading for another country. Or worse, imagine if some teams are forced to be quarantined and the whole season is canned for this year.

I assume everyone's mentally prepared for to this to stretch beyond the typical 21-25 days.

Perhaps the route will feature more countries in Africa, the Pacific and Latin America (but of course, in countries wih adequate healthcare systems). I suppose we will see more countries with double legs, just like TARAUS4.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2020, 09:51:54 AM »
That would be a great time to use Canada or any South American country that's not the center region of Brazil. Just saying...

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2020, 10:42:58 AM »
I would strongly suggest consideration of where flights have to be connected to get from Country A to Country B on any future legs. At this point, the WHO has indicated this virus is edging towards a pandemic stage. The main focus has been to contain the transmission of the virus between places, and it’s a fact of life that you can have carriers who may not show symptoms or who have not sought medical attention. And that becomes more so as the CDC confirmed a US case yesterday where the patient had not traveled, and no one that person might have interacted with had not traveled or been exposed to this virus.
The bottom line remains there is not much were know about how this virus gets transmitted especially since it is being seen as a virus that is not an airborne transmitted virus.
I also have a impression that everything we’ve seen so far are substitutions that were not the original plan. (Yes, I mean the start, leg 1 and leg 2 but are better planned replacement legs. It’s just an impression on my part.
-- theschnauzers

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2020, 11:33:27 AM »
I saw a report today that stated the patient in the unknown origin case in California lived and worked in the Solano County area of California. That is the county that Travis AFB is located which was one of the locations where a plane chartered by the US State Department arrived on February 5.

The patient was in the hospital before being diagnosed and was transferred to another facility on Feb 19. That facility is where it was diagnosed 4 days later.

Suspicious but nothing definitive.

This will be an interesting season to track with all this going on around the world.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2020, 01:55:04 PM »

I also have a impression that everything we’ve seen so far are substitutions that were not the original plan. (Yes, I mean the start, leg 1 and leg 2 but are better planned replacement legs. It’s just an impression on my part.

I agree about the start. It is possible that the multi-city start was a fairly last minute decision due to some production issues. Or I could be completely wrong lol.

I do think our first legs have been planned for awhile. We should be moving right along!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2020, 01:59:22 PM »
Canada deserves a visit imo but with two UK legs and them more than likely hitting up NZ and/or Australia, that might be too many Anglophile places in one season. Then again, they could go to Quebec and get a French speaking leg in.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2020, 07:50:27 PM »
Didn't wanted to post in the LIVE thread, but that guy who posted a "race sighting" 1h ago looks like an american-based person and also a huge reality show fan, so he might have just used language of speak...

To quote his own profile: "I spend a good majority of my time on earth watching reality tv."

That being said, i'm all hoping he really saw the race somewhere!

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2020, 07:59:20 PM »
Yeah, to me it sounds like they saw two people with obnoxiously large backpacks

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2020, 09:59:01 PM »
Guess we'll see!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2020, 11:20:02 PM »

I do think our first legs have been planned for awhile. We should be moving right along!

What concerns me right now is the possibility of them being stranded in Glasgow because Leg 3 would be somewhere that has recently had new Coronavirus cases.

These are going to be some long filming days...

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2020, 11:26:50 PM »
IT Started filming on Saturday ..Today is Friday...6 days.. Past experience suggests it would be leg 3.....i think it's in a remote area like A desert or Snow area

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2020, 01:58:52 AM »
Do we know where they flew out of? If production wants to avoid going to a massive airport (with more chance of the spread of diseases), they could instead fly out of Glasgow or Edinburgh. There are good connections to Portugal, which could be a good bet given that there are no confirmed nor suspected cases there. If they’re in the Azores or Madeira it could explain why they haven’t been spotted.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2020, 03:24:24 AM »
I am gladly happy that Stockholm, Sweden has just visited yesterday.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2020, 03:44:52 AM »

Which is NOT what I said...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2020, 03:57:21 AM »

Which is NOT what I said...

A possibility?!? I have a friend living in Stockholm & and one based in Gothenburg but regularly goes to Stockholm.
Will ask them if they have seen anything related to TAR.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 09:05:29 AM by TARUSAFan »