Author Topic: Amazing Race 33 (ORIGINAL) 1st RUN LIVE Sightings! **please read post 1**  (Read 13553 times)

Offline KT6DM

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 06:05:29 PM by KT6DM »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 33 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2020, 04:02:57 PM »
Right. Information overload.

Teams were released together at Heathrow Airport. They jumped into cabs and I lost them, but I decided they must be headed into the central city for a night leg. So I followed and arrived at Trafalgar Square.

CLUE AT TRAFALGAR - teams had to ask men in red telephone boxes, dotted around the square, for their next clue
I think Connie and her partner (red team from Charlotte - buff tattooed guy and Asian American woman) were near the back. I am not completely sure, but their vibe intimated a couple.

CLUE AT BUCKINGHAM - cluebox outside Buckingham Palace
African American LAX MM seen by me first (may not have been first overall)
Then Michael and Moe ran past me and asked for help.
Then at cluebox (with Phil and Bertram etc) saw Arun and Natalya, Connie and her partner, and Marissa and Marianela arrived panting (might have been last - they certainly thought they were)

DETOUR (ART)
I helped Marisa and Marianela who were bamboozled. I didn’t really want to get involved on camera at all, but I couldn’t help it here and earlier with directions to Buckingham.
Once I arrived, I waited outside. Production cottoned onto me. One security man a bit belligerent, but I know he was doing his job so I just played his game - I am made of stronger stuff gunga din 🙊
Older couple (Peter? I think and Blonde Partner - the Charlotte unseen team, looked to be 40-50s) left art detour first.
Ray & Caro left second, 10 mins behind
African American team (blue at LAX) left third, 20 mins behind the older couple
Arun & Natalya left fourth, I followed them.

Overheard 6 teams allegedly at art, 5 at the other in Parliament Square.

Michael and Moe were near the art detour, unsure if they found it as they ran off back down the street. I have reason to believe Marissa and Marianela were the other team at art. These may have been the last two teams on this side of the detour based on pitstop check-ins.

Akbar and Sheridan, Army LAX Interracial MM, Caucasian young fitter Chicago MM, Connie and her partner (in red), Brunette FF in purple - possibly did the other detour choice in Parliament Square.

PITSTOP
Arun & Natalya (Father/Daughter) 8:52
Connie & partner (Red team - relationship I think) 9:06
Marisa & Marianela (Twins) 9:37
Michael & Moe (Singing Cops) 9:40

The gates closed after the cops checked in. The man waiting for them to arrive went inside. So I think these teams checked in 8-11. We shall see whether the cops are eliminated or survive.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2020, 09:48:04 PM »
Right. Information overload.

Teams were released together at Heathrow Airport. They jumped into cabs and I lost them, but I decided they must be headed into the central city for a night leg. So I followed and arrived at Trafalgar Square.

CLUE AT TRAFALGAR - teams had to ask men in red telephone boxes, dotted around the square, for their next clue
I think Connie and her partner (red team from Charlotte - buff tattooed guy and Asian American woman) were near the back. I am not completely sure, but their vibe intimated a couple.

CLUE AT BUCKINGHAM - cluebox outside Buckingham Palace
African American LAX MM seen by me first (may not have been first overall)
Then Michael and Moe ran past me and asked for help.
Then at cluebox (with Phil and Bertram etc) saw Arun and Natalya, Connie and her partner, and Marissa and Marianela arrived panting (might have been last - they certainly thought they were)

DETOUR (ART)
I helped Marisa and Marianela who were bamboozled. I didn’t really want to get involved on camera at all, but I couldn’t help it here and earlier with directions to Buckingham.
Once I arrived, I waited outside. Production cottoned onto me. One security man a bit belligerent, but I know he was doing his job so I just played his game - I am made of stronger stuff gunga din 🙊
Older couple (Peter? I think and Blonde Partner - the Charlotte unseen team, looked to be 40-50s) left art detour first.
Ray & Caro left second, 10 mins behind
African American team (blue at LAX) left third, 20 mins behind the older couple
Arun & Natalya left fourth, I followed them.

Overheard 6 teams allegedly at art, 5 at the other in Parliament Square.

Michael and Moe were near the art detour, unsure if they found it as they ran off back down the street. I have reason to believe Marissa and Marianela were the other team at art. These may have been the last two teams on this side of the detour based on pitstop check-ins.

Akbar and Sheridan, Army LAX Interracial MM, Caucasian young fitter Chicago MM, Connie and her partner (in red), Brunette FF in purple - possibly did the other detour choice in Parliament Square.

PITSTOP
Arun & Natalya (Father/Daughter) 8:52
Connie & partner (Red team - relationship I think) 9:06
Marisa & Marianela (Twins) 9:37
Michael & Moe (Singing Cops) 9:40

The gates closed after the cops checked in. The man waiting for them to arrive went inside. So I think these teams checked in 8-11. We shall see whether the cops are eliminated or survive.

Where was the pitstop? Also was it only a detour challenge wise?

Offline KT6DM

• RFF Not So Newbie
As best as I could get from small videos.   
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 12:17:35 AM by KT6DM »

Offline KT6DM

• RFF Not So Newbie
Taken from iphone video
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 12:17:51 AM by KT6DM »

Offline KT6DM

• RFF Not So Newbie
Taken from iPhone video

Offline KT6DM

• RFF Not So Newbie
Pics extracted from iPhone video

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2020, 12:32:19 AM »
You have a lot of production in these screen grabs above...

PITSTOP was inside the Natural History Museum. The outside was lit up in blue and the pitstop was in the great lobby of the museum, with the iconic massive dinosaur skeleton above their heads.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline KT6DM

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2020, 12:48:30 AM »
Some production was obvious (like holding a camera) - some wasn't, unless you know who the racers are for sure.  If its RFF policy to not have staff in the pics, tell me which ones to pull or tweak.  It was a bit of task to trim the videos, extract clips and enhance the clips.  More work again to add the watermarks and make sure the pics weren't too large to upload.  I do appreciate your getting these.  -Dale
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 12:54:43 AM by KT6DM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2020, 01:07:45 AM »
Awesome job KIWI!! SO happy you could have this moment AND share with us!!

Many thanks KD6DM!!! Very much appreciated!!

I'll add some #'s tomorrow so it will be easier to figure out which one is being commented on.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2020, 05:38:23 AM »
Just posting some more pictures to help with ID

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2020, 05:41:32 AM »
This is our older team at the art detour last night. His name is Pete, unsure of her name. Both are probably 45.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 09:26:16 AM by Kiwi Jay »

Offline rachelweis

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF Newbie
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2020, 11:45:48 AM »
I'm late to the game here, but my co-worker was on the Chicago to London flight with three teams. Here's what he texted me...
1. There was a father/daughter combo. She works at Ford. He didn't have much information to share. Said he was "normal", but the other racers thought there was something more to their story.
2. There were two white guys. They looked like total bro's, but they were GORGEOUS. One of them was a personal trainer.
3. There were two guys who were African American. One was a huge dude that was super fit and totally ripped. And his partner was much shorter and kind of tubby. Not sure what their relationship was. They were super nice, though!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2020, 01:26:42 PM »
:tu Rachel!  :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2020, 04:07:11 AM »
The remaining Teams have traveled by train from London to Glasgow.

Arrived early this AM about 7 ish. Where it is FREEZING!

They have now proceeded to the Shores of Loch Lomand Near the town of Luss.

Credit to Kiwi and Plaidmoon for confirming this info.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 04:22:59 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2020, 04:22:03 AM »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2020, 09:13:45 AM »
Reddit user Ali161102 spotted a clue box outside Òran Mór, a former church turned restaurant in Glasgow, and then followed a team to the Pit Stop at the University of Glasgow.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheAmazingRace/comments/f9asnv/i_never_thought_this_day_would_ever_come_s33_end/

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2020, 09:50:12 AM »
Instagram story sighting of Phil & greeter at Pit Stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3KVJZEFpLE
https://www.instagram.com/highers/

Offline tiger17

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2020, 09:55:50 AM »
I can’t seem to upload the screenshots here, but user miychiu on instagram has a story showing clearly marked red and yellow race flags at university of Glasgow. No racers pictured though.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2020, 10:05:32 AM »
u/Ali161102 says they saw a male/female racing and the man had a beard (so either Akbar & Sheridan or the red team) and they also saw an older guy with grayish hair and a blonde woman checking in (Penn & Kim)
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2020, 10:06:53 AM »
Reddit user Ali161102 spotted a clue box outside Òran Mór, a former church turned restaurant in Glasgow, and then followed a team to the Pit Stop at the University of Glasgow.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheAmazingRace/comments/f9asnv/i_never_thought_this_day_would_ever_come_s33_end/

From the OP's comment, he said that the exact location of the Pit Stop mat is in The Cloisters at the University of Glasgow.

PS: That Pit Stop location somehow reminds me of Harry Potter scenes. :luvya:
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2020, 10:10:45 AM »
I can’t seem to upload the screenshots here, but user miychiu on instagram has a story showing clearly marked red and yellow race flags at university of Glasgow. No racers pictured though.

Here you go.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VsoVA5Yu_I

Offline tiger17

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2020, 10:15:11 AM »
Haha thank you!! OP on Reddit also says there may have been a task regarding a furniture store and leaving with a present. Maybe a detour to make something and then deliver it.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2020, 10:25:25 AM »
Haha thank you!! OP on Reddit also says there may have been a task regarding a furniture store and leaving with a present. Maybe a detour to make something and then deliver it.

Might have to do with this. Not sure if it's Phil because he isn't shown, but it was posted the same time as other sightings (~1:30PM), the poster would have had Phil standing behind her, and it sounds like Phil describing that task.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HdJFuk6Ems
https://www.instagram.com/car_rh/

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2020, 10:47:23 AM »
https://twitter.com/randaelzein/status/1232342032372334592

@randaelzein
So the Amazing race came to University of Glasgow today!
I am such a huge huge fan of the show and having been binge-watching it these past couple of weeks. So i was so surprised and stoked walking on Campus and just seeing Phil there...YEEEEE
4:30 GMT