Author Topic: S40: Amber Mariano (S8 winner)  (Read 1263 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
S40: Amber Mariano (S8 winner)
« on: January 15, 2020, 12:55:44 PM »

Amber Mariano

Biography

Hometown: Beaver, Pennsylvania
Current residence: Pensacola, Florida
Previous seasons: Survivor: The Australian Outback (Season 2), Winner of Survivor: All-Stars (Season 8)

Hobbies: Being a mom of four equals no time for hobbies. LOL! Any free time we have is spent together as a family. Whether it's playing a game, going on a bike ride, or having family movie night... we love hanging out as a family!

Three words to describe you: Dedicated mom/wife

When did you first watch Survivor?
Watched from the beginning, Season 1.

Who is your inspiration in life?
Family, my husband Rob and four daughters.

Do you still watch Survivor?
Yes. I've seen every season and now watch it with my family every week.

What does Survivor mean to you and your family?
Now that our kids are old enough to watch the show... it means enjoying family night while eating Doritos and watching Survivor. It's a lot of fun!

What is one way playing Survivor changed your life?
I met my husband on the show and the rest is history.

As Survivor approaches Season 40 and celebrates 20 years on television, what does it mean to be a part of the legacy?
Never expecting to play again... had sort of closed that book. So now that it is open again... it's both nerve-wracking and exciting to "get back into the game" and not just watching as a fan, as I've been doing for the past 15 years. I'm so excited that my girls will not just hear about Mommy and Daddy being on Survivor. Now they will actually be a part of our story and get to watch the season with us when it airs. It's an honor to be a part of another epic season!

How will you play differently than you have in past seasons?
A lot of time has passed since I last played Survivor. Heck, it's been 20 years since I played the first time on Season 2. Not only has the game evolved and changed a lot... so have I. I'm no longer just playing for myself. I'm married with four children who will be closely watching and listening to everything I do and every word I speak. I'm 20 years older too. I was the youngest in my Tribe when I played Survivor: The Australian Outback. Now, I'm going to be one of the "older" people. People see me in a whole new light. Plus, being married to "Boston Rob" paints a HUGE target on my back. When I played the first two times, I didn't have that pressure. So, I guess for me I'm going to try to focus on my social game in a big way and try hard to find Idols/advantages! I'd like to think I'll be good at challenges but let's face it, I am not in the shape I was before having four kids. But I also want to focus on enjoying the experience and showing my girls how strong their mom is! I'll never give up and I'll show them to always go big and finish what you start. And in the end, hopefully, win it again!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 03:20:26 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S40: Amber Mariano (S8 winner)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 06:54:36 PM »

Photo Robert Voet CBS
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.