Author Topic: S40: Nick Wilson (S37 winner)  (Read 1254 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
S40: Nick Wilson (S37 winner)
« on: January 15, 2020, 01:12:35 PM »

Nick Wilson

Biography

Hometown: Williamsburg, Kentucky
Current residence: Williamsburg, Kentucky
Previous season: Winner of Survivor: David vs. Goliath (Season 37)

Hobbies: Fantasy baseball, hiking, riding four-wheelers (off-road vehicles), fishing, boating on the lake, tailgating at football games and horse races, and anything outdoors!

Pet peeves: Know-it-alls, closed-mindedness, judgmental people, unwarranted outrage, or to sum it all in one word: Twitter.

Three words to describe you: Charming, cunning, and cheeky.

When did you first watch Survivor?
Season 1 finale.

Do you still watch Survivor?
Every Wednesday! I am even considering starting a Survivor podcast.

Who is your inspiration in life?
Sandra, because I want to be the next two-time winner.

What does Survivor mean to you and your family?
Survivor has helped me through hard times. For example, it was a great escape from the stresses of law school. And on a more serious note, I specifically remember when my mom had recently passed away, I was moved by Rodney grieving the loss of his sister on Season 30. I bawled my eyes out. It was a much-needed therapeutic experience.

My family has always watched Survivor and tried to watch it together when we could. When my dad came to Fiji for the family visit, it was a monumental experience that strengthened our relationship. Because of that moment, we are still closer to this day.

What is one way playing Survivor changed your life?
It made me realize what is important in life. I don't have to focus my career on making money. I can focus my life on my family and my career on helping people.

As Survivor approaches Season 40 and celebrates 20 years on television, what does it mean to be a part of the legacy?
It is a dream come true for me to be a part of the 20-year celebration of Survivor. Only two years ago, I was daydreaming about how I could ever even get the opportunity to be cast on the show. Now, I am the winner of one of Survivor's greatest seasons, and I am placed in the same category as the legends I used to look up to! It is a great honor. I am a Survivor legend! How amazing! What a blessing!

How will you play differently than in your past season?
When I won David vs. Goliath, I never received a single vote against me. I was able to disguise my strategic ability and knowledge of the game under my country accent and chill demeanor. I was able to fly under the radar and build one-on-one relationships with nearly every single player in the game. This time, if I don't receive a single vote the entire game, I will take it as an insult! Everyone has seen how brilliantly I play Survivor. These legends won't fall for alliance names and my Kentucky charm as easily as a cast of complete strangers did. I won't be able to hide behind bigger threats. So this time, I'm going to be even more aggressive. In short, I am going to have as much fun as possible in the beginning. This is my dream come true and I want to take it all in. Then, I am going to TURN IT ON. No player will be safe from the Kentucky Nick sneaky ninja assassin blindside! This game is where legends are made!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 03:22:12 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S40: Nick Wilson (S37 winner)
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 06:33:46 PM »

Photo: Robert Voet -CBS
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.