Author Topic: TAR Australia 4 Episode 6 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION Thread!  (Read 3743 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • The best shows out there!
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:

If you are unable to watch LIVE yourself, please be aware that this thread WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS, so proceed at your own risk.

This thread will contain OUTCOME Spoilers as seen on the SHOW.

Australians, PLEASE help update as the show unfolds!

If you can help, then PLEASE DO!!!

Many of us will be counting on you until we can watch later. We hope everyone will join in the fun!!

Also,  if you are watching anything but the Network Ten feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread!

SO PLEASE **NO OUTCOMES** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time!  And NO FUTURE LEG SPOILERS either!

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

And you can entertain yourself with our spoiler threads as well while you wait!

Have FUN everyone and THANK YOU for joining us!!
I enjoy ''The Big Three' Reality TV shows!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia 4 Episode 5 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION Thread!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 12:00:35 AM »
I'll need an Updater tonight!

I'm out at the usual Monday night family dinner and I believe Oval might be preparing for a bushfire... :(

Stay safe Oval! <3

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia 4 Episode 6 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION Thread!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 12:46:03 AM »
I did last week for episode 3 (based on social media posts and Wikipedia), but I'm not sure if I could. It's really late into the night for me, and I'm staying up doing other things tonight.

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Australia 4 Episode 5 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION Thread!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 03:23:05 AM »
I'll need an Updater tonight!

I'm out at the usual Monday night family dinner and I believe Oval might be preparing for a bushfire... :(

Stay safe Oval! <3

Thank you Bourkie. Sorry I couldn't update tonight but sometimes real life is more important

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 03:45:55 AM »
Couldn't update but here are the placings:

Show content
1. Jasmine & Jerome (Streak broken!)
2. Tom & Tyler, very close behind still.
3. Femi & Nick
4. Sid & Ash
5. Tim & Rod
6. Hayley & Mikayla
7. Viv & Joey
8. Chris & Adrienne - Field eliminated. Chris got hurt falling off his camel :'(

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 03:49:21 AM »
The best episode so far.  The only annoyance for me was one team giving another team the answer on the counting challenge, I've never understood the rationale for the producers allowing that on the show. 

But the herding was good, the camel racing was obviously good.  Any hint of navigation is great now, obviously they weren't about to get lost in the desert like you had back in the original season, but there was some drama.  The counting challenge seemed an interesting location.  The milk drinking wasn't that interesting, though it was funny seeing them trying to look happy with it for their hosts.

Offline aussieamazingracer

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 05:02:03 AM »
The best episode so far. 

Totally agree! This leg was fantastic and it was awesome to see Mongolia after so long :conf: It was hilarious watching teams struggle to drink the fermented milk in front of the hosts and the multiple camel races to the pit stop were intense! Great leg design this leg, unlike the last Vietnamese leg.

Do wish we were seeing a few more Roadblocks this season and tighter editing but definitely the best episode so far! Can't wait for more Mongolian madness tomorrow! :cheer: Bourkie, I could update on Mondays but I'm an hour behind in QLD though??

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 10:11:15 AM »
Good episode. The season's lacking the Roadblocks and prizes a little, but it's getting better :)

Nice to see Mongolia again. Not counting Joseph & Grace's little adventure back in Season 2 :lol: The only time we've ever seen that country was TAR10.

It always sucks when injury takes a team out, though. Poor guy.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 10:22:08 AM »
Nice to see the streak come to an end as well as the return to Mongolia. The camel race at the end was a pretty tense finish. Sad to see Chris take such a hard fall that he is still recovering from. Not the biggest fan of seeing another counting task and hope that they have more Roadblocks soon. Did like Beau's new addition of responding to teams in this episode like when Femi & Nick wondered if they had to go far and Beau responding that it would be if they continued in their direction.

Online NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 32!
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 10:34:35 AM »
You guys do realize you're posting on the episode 6 thread, and not the episode 5 thread.  :funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 10:41:57 AM »
You guys do realize you're posting on the episode 6 thread, and not the episode 5 thread.  :funny: :funny: :funny:

This IS the episode 5 thread. Bourkie wrote the wrong number and every reply follows it by title, lol

Online stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2019, 12:54:59 PM »
What an episode!!!  :conf:

This felt like classic TAR!
First task was a classic : Hard physical demanding but amazing view
then the counting was great (I agree it sucks when teams share, but it's part of the game)
The 3 bus limits was a great bunching point also.
Love the milk drinking RI and the detour. But the best was the last task.

I'm happy for Jasmin and Jerome. If I was Tom/Tyler, I would not have run/try to pass J/J and F/N because it's like.. you already won 4 legs, can you please not over do it? They knew they were at the top (and not last) but I guess they are just super intense competitors

Viv/Joey got reaaaaallllll lucky he fell from the camel because I think they were going in the right direction to the pitstop.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2019, 01:01:45 AM »
Last night episode was the best episode yet and so the ratings delivered last night!

Mongolia is a great location! Good urban areas and good desert! I think this episode showed both very well! Mongolia is also a VERY underused location in TAR, only having one visit in TAR10!

Classic Pit Stop race for First Place! Well done to the Deadly Duo finally breaking the Footy Boys winning streak! Bit sad it's broken though! Would love to see a team win all legs of a season for the first time ever!

Also, terrible to see Chris & Adrienne go home in that way! It's a terrible fall and hope Chris's ribs get better soon!

Finally, did anyone else think the second Detour option was animal cruelty? Maybe it's just me but 'goat fishing' doesn't sit well with me at all.