Author Topic: TARAus 4 Episode 3 Live Updates (Monday 7.30PM AEST)  (Read 3191 times)

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TARAus 4 Episode 3 Live Updates (Monday 7.30PM AEST)
« on: November 03, 2019, 01:33:41 AM »
The Amazing Race Australia
7:30PM - 8:30PM

Teams must head to a local puppet theatre to get their clues for the next destination before having to undertake an eating challenge which is not for the faint-hearted.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: TARAus 4 Episode 3 Live Updates (Monday 7.30PM AEST)
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 12:30:41 AM »
T-2 hours till show time everyone!  :conf: :cheer:

Looking forward to this episode! The eating challenge and the promos from this leg of the race looks like this episode will be a fun one to watch!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 12:38:23 AM »
I stayed until almost 6 am my time last week just to watch the first Australia episode in 5 years :lol:

At least now that the clocks are back after Daylight Savings, it won't be so bad if I do it again tonight.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 02:55:19 AM »
As a non-Australian, I'm not very useful in updating :P I'm only following on through the Twitter's active posting, but here's what I've gotten.

They flew to Hanoi, Vietnam
It's Hayley's birthday.
First task, on a sign-up basis, was at the Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre. Sid & Ash are in first. They had to watch a show of two dragons swimming around and spot something written on them.
Tim & Rod teamed up with the influencers -_-
They went to Ninh Binh by bus. Detour is to collect 100 escargot (Escargot) or another task from Amazing Race 29, rowing a boat with their feet (Make Boat Go)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 03:04:14 AM »
U-Turn. As the show already spoiled, Jasmin & Jerome used it on Sid & Ash. Payback for Leg 1.

Eating Roadblock at Lahm Kahn Hostel & Restaurant. Flavoured rice with chili.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 03:13:24 AM by Maanca »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 03:15:49 AM »
Pit Stop is on Hang Múa, also same as TAR29.

Another 1st for Tom & Tyler. Close 2nd for Viv & Joey. This is getting to be a pattern :P
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 03:23:13 AM by Maanca »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 03:30:14 AM »
Lots and lots of puking going on at this Roadblock. Seems like they have to eat these packets of this spicy rice until they find a Vietnamese coin in one.

Tim & Rod 3rd,  Jasmin & Jerome 4th,  Hayley & Mikayla 5th (after it took Mikayla 23 packets)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 03:40:32 AM »
Sid & Ash 6th
Femi & Nick 7th
Chris & Adrienne 8th
Rowah & Amani are last. Non-Elimination, they will have a Speed Bump.

And that's that. Did the best I could by social media and Wikipedia, Oval!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 03:45:43 AM »
Still in Vietnam for tomorrow's leg.

And tomorrow, I look forward to actually watching this one when it comes up online :P

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2019, 03:47:17 AM »
luck task (the rice) = non-elimination.

Sid and Ash made it a bit  more interesting going to the top of the rock, and having to do both detours.

The dragon task looked hard because it was hard to see the letters on their necks and they were moving quickly.  But one team (siblings) helped others there anyway, I thought they mentioned knowing something about Vietnamese and how that helped them as well.

The finding snails detour looked much easier than the rowing with feet

The teams are still quite bland to me, apparently some like that as it makes the teams more likeable to them.  But I think the casting staff played it safe.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 11:55:30 AM by Musicon »

Offline inabw809

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2019, 05:17:19 AM »
Really weird this episode in terms of editing; the first group to watch the puppet show (Chris and Adrienne, Rowah and Amani, & Femi and Nick) all lost time by interpreting the dragons incorrectly, so the latter two teams had to go back and watch it again. By the time Rowah and Amani had gotten to the bus station, Chris and Adrienne managed to get on the same bus as them, but there was literally no footage of them realising their mistake, so it was hecking confusing seeing them pop out of nowhere neck and neck.

EDIT: nvm i'm totally dumb, it was Sid & Ash in the first group and Chris and Adrienne were in the last group; got confused because they bundled them in with the other two teams getting lost - it definitely made me think they had very little airtime this episode.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 03:06:55 PM by inabw809 »

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2019, 10:19:46 AM »
I'm going to hell for saying this but after 3 episodes I'm hating this Season. :'(

The editing is really affecting my enjoyment - Not showing teams departure times, and all teams being shown to depart except Femi & Nick which was strange as they were last so it would've been nice to see their thoughts.

Beau continuously being OTT.  He actually talks TOO much and makes to many cringe worthy jokes which are just embarrassing.

The alliance between the boys and Viv & Joey isn't fun to watch either because it's resulted in the show being so predictable and boring.  Have we ever seen the same 2 teams finish Top 2 in the first 3 legs before?  :groan:

We need something huge to shake this Season up and for me that's Tom & Tyler's elimination.

Like: Chris & Adrienne, Femi & Nick, Jasmin & Jerome
Neutral: Tim & Rod, Rowah & Amani, Hayley & Mikayla
Dislike: Viv & Joey
Hate: Tom & Tyler, Sid & Ash
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2019, 10:46:33 AM »
Found this leg to be a step up from the previous one with the only dud of a task being the snail task. The Melbourne dominance is getting annoying, and the show is going to need a shakeup soon. So glad that Rowah & Amani were saved this episode.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2019, 03:57:07 PM »
Just finished the ep!
It wasn't as bad as some said here.

I agree that Viv/Joey should stop helping the boys lol... even after 2 first place this should ring a bell that this team will be hard to beat and they don't need help. We do need a new top 2 tomorrow if not it will get boring real fast.

I loved the first part of the race with the water dragon task and going on a bus to another destination. It helped divided the teams but not with a huge time difference between them. The detour did seem a bit not equal but the Uturn was a nice touch.

The poor sisters  :lol: I would have been soooo pissed to see the boys pass you like that without eating one...But they have suprised me these two they are good racers.

At this point:

I like: Viv/Joey, Jasmin/Jerome, Rowah/Amani
Meh:Tom/Tyler, Tim/Rod, Hayley/Mikayla, Femi/Nick,
Dislike: Sid/Ash, Chris/Adrienne

I wish I liked Chris/Adrienne more but they seem a bit rude to me, and she's always yelling at him to go faster and being annoying. (And it seems in the preview she won't be nice lol)

ALSO, as a fellow gay I wish I would love Tim/Rod more but they are not showing them having big personalities so far.. we barely see of them

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2019, 04:18:56 PM »
Last night's episode was actually alright! I enjoyed all of the challenges and the teams are quite entertaining!

Melbourne teams dominating! <3

Am I the only here who actually LIKES Beau?  :funny: I find him MUCH better than boring old Grant!

Offline aussieamazingracer

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2019, 06:05:03 AM »
Just watched the episode! Loved the task at the Water Puppets - looked difficult and scrambled most of the teams.

Didn't mind the detour - snails seemed much easier admittedly, but again blatant recycling of feet boat rowing seen in recent TAR seasons. Loved that we had the U-Turn after the detour :cheer: and great use by Jerome/Jasmine on Sid/Ash, loving both teams as they are keeping it interesting.

Roadblock was a bit meh imho - I had high expectations for an eating challenge in Vietnam eg. TAR Canada 4 so it kinda disappointed. 

Tom/Tyler winning again was a bit frustrating, especially because when they got the Roadblock coin first go :dick never fun to have a team dominate any season I think. Nice to see Rowah/Amani saved by the non-elim.

I'm loving the teams but the production/editing is letting this season down a little - eg. recycling/easy tasks, not showing team departure times, inconsistent editing in places, non-visually effective challenges, linear legs etc. I actually don't mind Beau at all, but he really needs to stop hugging teams at the pit stop to uphold his impartiality and importance in a hosting role.