Author Topic: TARAus 4 Episode 2 Live Updates (Tuesday 7.30PM AEST)  (Read 40938 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARAus 4 Episode 2 Live Updates (Tuesday 7.30PM AEST)
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2019, 02:44:18 AM »
The season might get better from here once moved on to another country, but 2 episodes in and Beau is already making me miss Grant, even though he was not my favourite TAR host. I've seen on the Facebook page that many Australian viewers aren't impressed with him, either.

Grant tended to act like he was only there for the paycheque, but he still had those better qualities of a host.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2019, 12:04:47 PM »
Two things I was unsure about, the team that had second thoughts on what detour to do and just changed their minds in the taxi.  And the older couple who just followed another team to the detour, if it hadn't been the boot camp they picked could they just say they had changed their minds?

The border area was interesting, but I didn't think they needed to show all the teams doing messages which while they had good intent largely said the same thing and sounded generic.  With the shorter episodes now they need all the time they can to show the race.

The drone task should really have been about getting it through several hoops.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2019, 08:04:57 PM »
I feel like Sid & Ash are a less offensive, more bumbling and not-as-good-at-Racing versions of Dave & Irina.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2019, 10:01:56 PM »
Just watched the 2 episodes and not fully satisfied. Hopefully the next episodes will be better. Beau's hosting is off for me.

Top pick for me is Tom & Tyler (I get TAR US's Alex & Conor / Tanner & Josh vibes from them).
Rooting for Viv & Joey and Jasmin & Jerome as well.
ABSOLUTELY HATE the Dating Influencers. "We're good at everything we do!" Overconfidence is a double-edged sword. You'll get a taste of your own medicine, it'll catch up eventually. Can't wait to see these 2 crash and crumble like Dave & Irina from TAR Canada.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2019, 06:46:35 PM »
Just watched the 2 episodes and not fully satisfied. Hopefully the next episodes will be better. Beau's hosting is off for me.

^^ Sadly I have to totally agree here.

I was looking so forward to finally having TAR Aus back but it's just not really doing it for me.  :duno:

The Leg was one of the most linear I can I ever remember, there was no chance of teams at the back catching up - Proven by the outcome.  Only for Femi & Nick falling behind the placements would've been almost identical to Leg 1.

Definitely feeling Tom & Tyler are already our winners which isn't something I want to feel this early on.  :groan:

Was hoping Beau would grow on me after his OTT presenting last Leg but NOPE! Still missing Grant massively.  :'(

Finally... I actually hate Sid & Ash, and not in a "Love to Hate" kinda way.  Their attitudes are putting me off wanting to watch the show, which is something a team has NEVER made me feel... and that includes Jonathon & Victoria.  The moment they sabotaged the nuns and didn't get some sort of penalty was the final nail for me.  Made it feel like an amateurish season that doesn't take the race seriously.  :cmas11 

EDIT: Also, was I the only one that got annoyed with Sid & Ash for not moving off the mat to let Rowah & Amani on?  Come on Beau, you're supposed to tell them to move! It's just courtesy!  :idgit 
.... The World is Waiting! ....