Author Topic: TARAus 4 Episode 1 Live Updates (Monday 7.30PM AEST)  (Read 49431 times)

Offline inabw809

• RFF Newbie
Re: TARAus 4 Episode 1 Live Updates (Monday 7.30PM AEST)
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2019, 07:32:30 AM »
Beau is certainly over the top but I actually don't mind it - gives us some personality unlike the boring Grant Bowler. But is he going to hug every team at every pit stop???! :funny: :ghug:

His take on hosting definitely makes it a lot more at home and personal! It's definitely gonna take some getting used to but it feels way more alive.

Offline bottle

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2019, 08:45:24 AM »
Nuns are just amazing. Almost cried out of happiness when they survived. The fact that they wanted to ask for more dough for Sid and Ash too just melted my heart. I just hope they somehow survive more legs. Overall, nice first leg but i liked it because of the teams. RB was nice but detour was kinda boring imo. Cast is really good and Beau is at least trying to be enthusiastic. So so happy the show is back. Hopefully it gets even better from here. Nuns   :2hearts:

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2019, 10:22:58 AM »
I guess now we know why we didn't get much footage in the promo of Alana/Niko lol.... They didn't do anything... :O
Hope we have a NEL in the next two week

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2019, 10:53:15 AM »
what the hell does flyborading has do with south korea

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2019, 12:15:01 PM »
Kinda bored this leg.

I wish they introduced all the teams and then started the race. Felt the editing was all over the place. Teams popping up here and there all the time.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2019, 12:22:51 PM »
TAR Australia was the first international TAR I watch, so I'm so excited that it has finally returned.

Definitely agree that the premiere felt slower and the tasks were pretty simple on paper, but that wasn't a bad thing as the episode mainly served as a good introduction to a great group of teams. Still can't believe that Alana & Niko did so poorly on the first task.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2019, 12:25:31 PM »
I love how much the show hyped up Sid & Ash stealing from the nuns, and then it turned out be 1 measly dumping! Still worth it for Sid saying "I'm going to hell" :lol:

Even if they got 30 minutes for that, it wouldn't have made a difference in the end.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2019, 12:55:30 PM »
Just finished watching the episode!

Didn't mind the starting line in Seoul, I guess having it in Australia would just have separated even more the group in subgroup so in the end it gave everybody a chance I guess.

The first task was pretty simple and a classic (go up a tower and spot the flag) but I'm surprised at how many teams screwed up. It was cool that they had to go by foot to the location. Roadblock was okay, seemed easy. Detour was fun to have in the first leg.

Beau is ok, a bit annoying but ok so far.

Love almost all the teams. What a train wreck Nico/Alana were... how long was that drive to Lotte? It seemed to be dark when they found the first clue, and seemed to be after the first 3-4 teams checked in, based on the sun.

For leg 2, they seemed to be going to DongDucheon where tar 17 went, no?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 01:06:49 PM by stunami »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2019, 02:29:32 PM »
It definitely could take an hour from N Seoul Tower to Lotte Tower.
It's about a 15 minute walk from the top of Namsan down to wherever they can catch a taxi. Unless they took the gondola up as well which would add a couple of minutes. Then in Seoul rush hour traffic, it could be anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour.  So two hours round trip or more would certainly have doomed the Siblings from the start. Especially when the RB and Detour could easily be done within 2 hours.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2019, 04:22:44 PM »
First off, massive thanks to Oval for updating while I couldn't last night!  :cheer:

I've only seen half of the episode and I need to watch the other half, but can I just say WOW! I love Beau, he's totally different to Grant in some many ways! Love how he gets involved in the tasks as well, while he is explaining them!

Finally, the tasks his leg were great! In enjoyed all of them, sad to see Alana & Niko go, but hey, the Nuns are still in it!  :conf:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2019, 04:29:23 PM »
I enjoyed the episode

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2019, 04:03:45 AM »
I was underwhelmed, it felt more budget and much blander than it used to be.  If this episode sets the tone it will definitely be easier than it was before.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2019, 10:17:06 AM »
I was so, so hyped for this return considering Season 2 is up there with some of the best Seasons of any version ever, but the first half was all over the place. Really hated the editing! Tim & Rod didn't even get an intro until over half way through and I don't remember if we got one for Nicko & Alana at all?

The second half was much better but surely the Influencers should've been penalised to some extent for intentionally interfering with another teams task?

Beau seems way too over the top! Especially with all the hugs at the Pitstop, wasn't a fan of that.

Finally, I wish we had an explanation or more focus on the starting line being outside Australia. That's a pretty big deal if you ask me?
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2019, 07:24:50 PM »
Okay so first impressions:

- Editing is weird and makes me feel like I don't know each of the teams too well
- Teams so far don't seem too bad. Only teams I'm not fond of are the Influencers & something about the Footy Players rubs me the wrong way
- I don't like how they didn't start in Australia AND how they showed the finish line in the first episode. Takes away the element of surprise
- I miss Grant but I can dig Beau's energy. Might be a little over the top tho.
- Challenges were okay, though the Roadblock seemed easy and not culturally relevant.
- Interesting to see how money was given out this leg, I'll be interested to see if they keep doing it electronically
- No prizes?

Also, why weren't the Influencers penalized for sabotaging another team?

I hope the rest of the season is better.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2019, 11:11:30 PM »
The nuns are amazing. Truly~ Nearly cried when they made it.

And the fire fighter and the farmer are so much love.

I love how TAR Australia brings back some good old TAR memories. Just really simple clues (yet ambiguous) and some teams just don't get it. Great detour, great roadblock, great tasks. Love it!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2019, 04:47:31 PM »
Favourite part of the episode for me was watching the cheerleaders attempt to hug the teams  :lol:

It was ok, but it just didn't seem like a starting leg, it was almost edited as if we already knew who the teams were, the gay couple weren't introduced until half way through the episode which was odd.