Author Topic: TAR Australia 5 (2021!!) News/Media/Speculation Thread! *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*  (Read 63284 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR Australia 5 (2021) News/Media/Speculation Thread! *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2020, 10:33:41 AM »
https://twitter.com/amazingrace_au/status/1317970794601881600?s=20

Video...coming in 2021

In 2021, The Amazing Race is IN Australia. What corner of this big brown land of ours do YOU want to see our racers journey through? The Race begins in 2021 on 10.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2020, 02:35:44 PM »
Sorry, Bourkie. That means no stops in Melbourne :P

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com

Offline tar fan

• RFF Jr. Member

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2020, 06:17:40 PM »
Filming for The Amazing Race Australia has finally come to a close, after Channel 10 were forced to shut down production earlier in the year due to COVID-19 fears.

And despite the new series being localised across Australia due to the pandemic, it's reportedly one of the most 'extraordinary' seasons to date.

According to TV Tonight, Beverley McGarvey, Chief Content Officer for ViacomCBS Australia, said: 'The Amazing Race Australia finished filming on the weekend.

'The footage that I have seen so far is extraordinary. It really showcases our beautiful country and the teams competing this year are competitive, creative and very diverse.

'The teams at Eureka and 10 have done a superb job.'

It's not yet been confirmed when the show will air, but ex-NRL star Beau Ryan will be returning as the show's host.

The network released an action-packed trailer just last week, with contestants spotted exploring Australia while doing a series of challenges.

The show is expected to air after I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! has crowned its jungle king or queen.

Channel Ten announced they'd changed the show's format to domestic travel in March.

They remained confident Australia's 'tropical rainforests, [the] arid red desert of the outback and cool mountainous hinterlands' would prove an entertaining challenge.

The sheer vastness and contrasting environment of Australia will create a unique and challenging backdrop to the most amazing race on earth,' the spokesperson said.

Last year's season visited Thailand, South Korea, Vietnam, and Mongolia.

Newlyweds Tim and Rod Sattler-Jones were crowned the winners during the race's final leg in Africa.

A Channel 10 spokesman told Daily Mail Australia at the time: 'The welfare of cast and crew is of the upmost importance and all necessary measures will be taken to ensure their protection.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8972669/The-Amazing-Race-Australia-finishes-filming-Channel-Ten-shut-production-amid-COVID-19.html

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2020, 02:26:00 AM »
A producer for The Amazing Race Australia has reportedly broken her back while testing out a challenge for the show.

Senior producer Yasmin Kara allegedly broke her vertebrae while attempting an obstacle which involved jumping into water
, reports TV Blackbox.

The production team was given a safety briefing before testing out the challenge, the industry website claims.

Yasmin has more than a decade of experience in broadcast television. She was a challenge producer during last year's season.

A spokesperson for production company Eureka Productions said in a statement: 'Eureka complies with all applicable workplace health and safety laws.

'The safety and wellbeing of all the contestants and crew in any and all of Eureka's production environments is paramount.'

Daily Mail Australia has contacted Channel 10 for comment.

Filming for The Amazing Race recently wrapped up, after Channel 10 was forced to shut down production earlier this year due to Covid-19.

As reported by TV Tonight on November 21, network boss Beverley McGarvey said: 'The Amazing Race Australia finished filming on the weekend.

'The footage that I have seen so far is extraordinary. It really showcases our beautiful country and the teams competing this year are competitive, creative and very diverse.

'The teams at Eureka and 10 have done a superb job.'

It's not yet been confirmed when the show will air, but retired rugby league star Beau Ryan will be returning as host.

The network released an action-packed trailer last week, with contestants shown exploring Australia while carrying out a series of challenges.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8992211/The-Amazing-Race-Australia-producer-breaks-filming.html

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2020, 03:45:26 PM »
New promo out... 14 teams confirmed!

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/amazing-race-australia-2021-looks-like-the-most-epic-season-yet/news-story/1609a5e333effbed67635b0e9ff60ab4

Goodness that is a brilliant trailer. And the route is excellent too, many places I've visited before. Also loving the apparent diversity of the cast in female-male ratio, ethnicity, age - very excited by this coming in February! Can't wait.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2020, 06:12:22 PM »
I understand today is all about TAR32's finale but would you just look at this promo for TAR Australia 5!

https://www.facebook.com/AmazingRaceAU/videos/456168945777182

This season is going to be EPIC! There's a diverse, entertaining cast (Sikh's, Aboriginals, Woman with on arm?, Maori's?), the locations look amazing, the tasks look amazing!

Bring on February! I think this season is going to be even better than TAR Australia 2 and that's saying something!  :2hearts:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2020, 06:25:39 PM »
10 has released another promo for The Amazing Race Australia, produced by Eureka.

It’s another diverse cast who will criss-cross the country when the show returns, expected to follow I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here.

Pack your bags and get ready for the trip of a lifetime when The Amazing Race Australia returns to 10 in 2021.

From torrid tides to disastrous dust storms, 14 teams of travelers are bracing all the extremes Australia has to offer in pursuit of adventure, and a $250,000 prize.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/12/the-amazing-race-australia-promo-2.html/comment-page-1?unapproved=643104&moderation-hash=9c841554e809a987bce573502c474adc#comment-643104

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2020, 06:21:40 PM »
Looks like we'll be going up against the Australian Open tennis!  :groan:

Tennis Australia has finally confirmed the Australian Open 2021 will take place from 8 to 21 February, officially pushing the event into ratings survey (Feb. 7).

“This will be an historic Australian Open on Tournament Director Craig Tiley said.

“For the first time in more than 100 years the Australian Open will start in February and we look forward to offering the players what we believe will be one of their best playing experiences in 2021.

“From the outset, ensuring players have the best possible preparation for the Australian Open, while at all times protecting the precious COVID-free environment that the Victorian community has built through incredible sacrifice and hard work over the past six months, has been paramount.

“It has taken eight months of working alongside government authorities, here in Victoria, nationally and interstate, to give us the opportunity to present an Australian Open that will play a major role in both the economic and psychological reinvigoration and rejuvenation of Melbourne and Victoria.”

Australian Open 2021 will feature singles, doubles and wheelchair competitions. AO qualifying will be held offshore, with the women’s event taking place in Dubai, and men’s qualifying in Doha from 10-13 January.

The world’s top players will arrive in Australia from 15 January and undertake mandatory quarantine for 14 days.

The later start date will push back the Married at First Sight season but Nine has filmed two MAFS specials with former cast for Sunday January 31 and February 7.

Seven is expected to screen Holey Moley against the AO while 10 is tipped for The Amazing Race Australia -both produced by Eureka Australia.

In addition to changes to the AO, Nine has also lost another “Summer of Tennis” event, the Adelaide International.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/12/australian-open-confirms-february-dates.html

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2021, 03:04:29 AM »
Premiere Feb 1
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2021, 07:17:59 PM »
10 has now confirmed The Amazing Race Australia will premiere on Monday, 1 February.

That’s a week before the start of official ratings and likely hints at I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here wrapping on Sunday January 31 (to be confirmed).

It could also be pitted against Seven’s Holey Moley -both are produced by Eureka.

The Amazing Race Australia travels around much of Australia due to travel restrictions and is again hosted by Beau Ryan.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2021/01/returning-the-amazing-race-australia-4.html

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2021, 07:33:44 PM »
Channel 10 have confirmed The Amazing Race Australia will return to screens on February 1, TV Blackbox reported on Wednesday.

The highly anticipated fifth season of the reality game show, which completed filming in November, will see the contestants race around Australia after the Covid pandemic prevented international travel.

Fourteen couples will travel across the country in pursuit of adventure and $250,000 in prize money.

Host Beau Ryan also shared a promo poster for the show on his Instagram.

Wearing an Akubra hat while posing with some of the players, he joked in the caption: 'Daddy’s Home'.

Confirmation of the premiere air date suggests that the finale of I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! will take place on January 31.

With I'm A Celebrity currently doing well in the ratings, the positive numbers could have a flow on effect on The Amazing Race, when it premieres.

It will also give The Amazing Race the opportunity to grow and strengthen their audience, before it goes head-to-head with Channel Nine's coverage of the Australian Open on February 8.

Last month, Channel 10 aired its first teaser of the show, revealing some of the country's rugged terrain, ocean vistas and stunning rainforests the contestants will travel to.

In the clip, a contestant says: 'What I'm looking forward to most is that the whole world is within Australia… so many hidden treasures and we haven't explored it yet!'

Some of the challenges include the participants hanging off a structure as they attempt to throw balls at each other.

They will also compete on motorbikes on a dirt course.

Channel Ten revealed they had changed the show's format to domestic travel back in March last year.

A Channel 10 spokesman told Daily Mail Australia at the time: 'The welfare of cast and crew is of the upmost importance and all necessary measures will be taken to ensure their protection.'

They remained confident Australia's 'tropical rainforests, [the] arid red desert of the outback and cool mountainous hinterlands' would prove an entertaining challenge.

'The sheer vastness and contrasting environment of Australia will create a unique and challenging backdrop to the most amazing race on earth,' the spokesperson said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9116381/Channel-10-confirms-premiere-air-date-season-five-Amazing-Race-Australia.html

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2021, 07:39:36 PM »
THE 10 NETWORK HAS RELEASED A NEW PROMO LOCKING IN A MONDAY, FEBRUARY 1 PREMIERE DATE FOR SEASON TWO OF THE AMAZING RACE AUSTRALIA.

The confirmation of the Amazing Race launch date now makes its highly likely the finale for I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here will occur on Sunday Jan 31.

It also means The Amazing Race will have one week to build its audience before it has to compete against live Australian Open coverage on Nine which is now scheduled to commence on Monday Febuary 8.

Seven is yet to confirm a launch date for its big prime time hope Holey Moley, but marketing materials issued to advertisers from the networks sales division late last year indicated a Monday Feb 1 launch was being considered.

Insiders within Seven have previously suggested to TV Blackbox the network was reluctant to air Holey Moley directly against the tennis, with programmers eager to ensure the costly production has the maximum chance to succeed.

THE AMAZING RACE AUSTRALIA PREMIERES MONDAY, 1 FEBRUARY ON 10 AND WIN NETWORKS.

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2021/01/06/channel-10-confirms-february-launch-date-for-the-amazing-race-australia-but-when-will-we-see-holey-moley/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: January 06, 2021, 12:13:57 AM »
Rip open your clues, it's time to race again!

That's right, the second season of The Amazing Race Australia is launching very soon, so start packing your bags and get ready for some Detours.

This year, due to the coronavirus pandemic, teams will find out just how amazing our own backyard is as they race across Australia in order to be the first ones to cross the finish line.

Though we've only seen a few short previews of what's to come, we can't wait to meet the new teams and see the U-Turns, Roadblocks, and Intersections that await them.

Back on the Pit Stop waiting with a warm hug will be host Beau Ryan who was there at the Nitmiluk Gorge where last year's winners, Tim and Rod, were crowned the champions after a nail-biting final puzzle.

Check out a sneak peek of what's to come in Season 2 above, or binge all of Season 1 on 10 play and get ready for when the race begins again!

The Amazing Race Australia premieres Monday, February 1 on 10 and WIN Networks.

https://10play.com.au/the-amazing-race-australia/articles/on-your-marks-the-amazing-race-australia-takes-off-february-1/tpa210105rgmvp

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 03:27:05 AM by Maanca »

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2021, 04:10:24 AM »
The first 3 teams are revealed.

https://www.facebook.com/AmazingRaceAU/posts/784890938767118

No names?

The tagged most of them on Instagram. The Power Couple is Holly & Dolor(no Instagram for Dolor, but Holly put the name in the caption), The Cowboys are Brendon Crawley and Jackson Dening, and The Siblings are Skye-Blue and Jake Henderson.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2021, 01:20:08 AM »
Two weeks to go for all of our International viewers! Get ready & excited everybody, because I think this season is going to be one for the ages!  :conf: :cheer:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2021, 04:59:24 PM »

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2021, 05:41:54 PM »
This is so upsetting and saddening at the same time

Beau Ryan has revealed that there have been times he's been genuinely scared for his life while hosting The Amazing Race.

The former NRL star, 35, told The Daily Telegraph on Saturday that he and the show's production staff 'tested a lot of the challenges' before contestants did them.

Before he took the plunge - Beau made farewell videos for his wife and children, just in case something went wrong, especially on challenges involving heights.

'We had a social phone we used to record stuff to put out on TenPlay and social media before we do some of the challenges.

'And I always did a farewell piece to camera for my wife and kids, like if something did happen to me and I didn't survive the abseil or the cliff dive,' he said.

He added:  'But I was doing these challenges every second day so there were about 50 farewell videos all up. Lucky for me I didn't have to use them.'

Beau shares his daughter Remi, 8, and son Jess, 3, with wife of nine years, Kara, 34.

Earlier this month, it was revealed that Beau was forced to quarantine for two weeks before filming the show last year.

The official Instagram account for the series shared a video of the star admitting that isolation was 'hard'. 

In the clip, Beau lies shirtless on a hotel bed as he discusses the challenges of isolation.

'I'm gonna be straight up: quarantine's pretty hard. Isolation, quarantine, whatever you want to call it, being stuck in a room for two weeks by yourself, most people lose the plot... I don't,' he said.

The new season of The Amazing Race is set to premiere on Channel 10 on February 1.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9179239/Beau-Ryan-admits-farewell-videos-wife-children-Amazing-Race.html