Author Topic: TAR Australia 5 (2021!!) News/Media/Speculation Thread! *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*  (Read 63283 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Application close on Sunday July 26, but do not expect filming anytime soon, due to Victoria and NSW battling a ‘second wave’ of the coronavirus and state borders being closed to those two states

https://go.mycastingnet.com/Apply/Show/ATC2020
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 07:04:09 AM by BourkieBoy »

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
Wait it out until TAR Australia can do a full international season.  :groan:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
He made headlines after he scored a free upgrade to business class on a long-haul flight earlier this year, by pretending he had a broken ankle.

But on Friday, Australian YouTuber Jamie Zhu, surprised his followers when he teased a career change.

The 26-year-old vlogger, who just announced the release of his debut single Where U At?, told Daily Mail Australia that he's open to appearing on reality TV.

'I'm trying to diversify and think long-term as well,' Jamie told Daily Mail Australia this week.

The vlogger has amassed over 52 million YouTube views thanks to his cheeky sense of humour and regular pranks on his father, Zhu Xi.

And fans may see more of the duo, after it was revealed Channel Ten producers also asked them to appear together on The Amazing Race Australia.

'The Amazing Race recently contacted me to appear on the show with my dad, but he's living in China, so we will see,' he revealed.

However, when asked if he would ever appear on a reality dating show, he said: 'I'm not looking to get married anytime soon, so it's a no for Married At First Sight.'

'Love Island would be cool. I've had a few mates on there,' he added.

While Jamie has just released track Where U At?, he's keen to keep his fans guessing as to his next career move. 

'I want to get into different things so my fans can stay on their toes and not know what to expect next,' he said.

'I don't want to die one day and not have done what I've intended to do in my life,' Jamie continued.

'I'm someone that just shoots for what I want and, you know, things sort of come out of that.'

Back in January, Jamie made headlines when he shared a video clip titled 'How To Fly Business Class For Free' to his 5.2million Facebook fans and his 2million TikTok followers.

After arriving at his allocated seat on the plane, he insisted to his fellow passengers and airline staff that his Moon Boot can't fit in the restricted leg room provided.

'It's not fitting,' he said.

'The boot doesn't fit in here. Can I get another seat or something? I can't fit here at all because of the boot. I've got a broken ankle.'

The air hostess said she had to get clearance from another staff member, but the bold ploy worked.

Jamie filmed himself enjoying the business class perks, including drinks, a fine dining menu, eye masks, extra leg room and comfy blankets and a pillow.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8650581/Popular-Australian-YouTuber-Jamie-Zhu-teases-career-change.html

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Jamie Zhu sounds like the person Chris, Paul & Sid would find offensive. They're jerks but wouldn't behave that way.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
This is one massive “Please Explain” moment...

Production of The Amazing Race Australia was suspended earlier this year due to coronavirus fears.

And now the show's host, ex-NRL star Beau Ryan, has confirmed the new teams have been cast and filming will commence in the coming weeks.

'Luckily, we're still doing the show. We're going soon, but I can't say when,' Beau told Daily Mail Australia on Tuesday at the Stan Originals premiere for I Am Woman.

With international travel off the cards indefinitely because of the coronavirus pandemic, the series will be localised.

'We're disappointed we're not going overseas, but at the same time we've got some beautiful parts of Australia to see,' Beau said.

The Stan ambassador, 35, said recent recces [reconnaissance mission] by the production crew have suggested Victoria and Western Australia may be hard to include in the multi-leg race.

Beau also mentioned that travel restrictions and the potential of quarantining after the finale would mean he will be away from his family longer than originally planned.

'It looks like we're going to go for a lot longer. Nearly double the amount of time as last year's season.

'We'll probably be on the road eight-to-nine weeks, which is a lot. Longest I've ever done,' he said.

Beau said after Channel 10's first season was a hit with viewers last year, the network has decided to stretch the season out with more episodes on TV.     

In March, Channel 10 announced they had changed the show's format from international to domestic travel.

A Channel 10 spokesman told Daily Mail Australia at the time: 'The welfare of cast and crew is of the upmost importance and all necessary measures will be taken to ensure their protection.'

They remained confident Australia's 'tropical rainforests, [the] arid red desert of the outback and cool mountainous hinterlands' would prove an entertaining challenge.

'The sheer vastness and contrasting environment of Australia will create a unique and challenging backdrop to the most amazing race on earth,' the spokesperson said.

Last year's season visited Thailand, South Korea, Vietnam, and Mongolia. 

Newlyweds Tim and Rod Sattler-Jones were crowned the winners during the race's final leg in Africa.

'The Amazing Race Australia was the most incredible adventure of our lives,' the married couple previously told 10 play.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8664557/Beau-Ryan-reveals-Amazing-Race-Australia-start-filming-season-two-soon.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
COVID’s curveball continues to keep networks on their toes as they deal with an ever-evolving crisis and finding a new normal.

Nobody can blame them for having to be nimble with their schedules, reeling from the great production shutdown of 2020.

But we haven’t heard much about a couple of key 10 titles which were last flagged to screen this year.

The Amazing Race Australia had to rethink its original ambitions to travel around the world, but later set its sights on domestic destinations. That was before border closures and state quarantine impacted. The Eureka series faces big hurdles to get its episodes in the can, but regional Australia where the virus is much lower may be the key.

Host Beau Ryan has told the Daily Mail Victoria and Western Australia may be hard to include in the next season.

“We’ll probably be on the road eight-to-nine weeks, which is a lot. Longest I’ve ever done,” he said.

10 is expected to confirm its plans at its coming Upfronts, but TV Tonight hears whispers the show could land early in Q1, especially given Australian Survivor is yet to regroup. This might explain a bigger output from the show…

Meanwhile the good news on Five Bedrooms is filming was completed several weeks ago in Melbourne after it was halted during the pandemic. 10 had also flagged this for 2020, but with no quotas required it too may land in 2021.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/08/will-amazing-race-australia-five-bedrooms-still-air-in-2020.html/comment-page-1?unapproved=634824&moderation-hash=0415a66321c2e77cdfab4b5b6b3755d9#comment-634824

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline lemurio

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR Australia 5 (2021) News/Media/Speculation Thread! *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2020, 03:41:59 PM »
I am interested in this Australian edition, but I have some difficulties to understand what Beau is saying due to the audio quality (English is not my mother tongue). Could somebody summirize what did he say? I have looked for a written version of this info, but I couldn't.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2020, 12:01:45 AM »
Highlights:

Beau:

Eureka designing it
In two weeks but:
Quarantine first x 2 weeks ??Adelaide maybe
Start at "top"
Queensland/Perth/Melbourne problems
They will still use parts of Queensland
No to some parts of WA/no Melbourne
CAR travel
~9-10 weeks
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline lemurio

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2020, 01:21:27 AM »
Thanks!  :hfive:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2020, 07:42:28 PM »
Q1 refers to February-April 2021...

10 Upfronts are due in mid October, with The Amazing Race Australia tipped to take its place, at least in Q1.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/09/survivor-us-delayed-from-fiji-restart.html

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2020, 01:16:52 AM »

If they started quarantine on Monday September 21, then they'll be able to leave quarantine (providing they all test negative) on Monday October 5. Expect a start anytime in the week starting October 5 (around 9 days from now) All hands on deck come the 5th people!  :spy:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 09:56:30 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline tar fan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2020, 07:50:26 PM »
Production left on Monday to quarantine for 2 weeks. Alliance airlines does private charters, as well as sell to the public.

https://app.photobucket.com/u/tarfan333/p/2aeda031-e5dd-4ca7-903c-c94ef9718f7b

https://app.photobucket.com/u/tarfan333/p/d7dcc1c6-b5bb-4695-bcc9-6d91a2ee0ccf

« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 07:55:48 PM by tar fan »

Offline lemurio

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2020, 05:10:16 AM »
As they are going to travel only across Australia, this quarantine in which state is? And when they change to another state the production will have to do another quarantine period or how is it being done in Australia?

Offline ovalorange

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2020, 05:18:07 AM »
It's heavily dependent on where you're coming from and traveling to. NSW/SA just removed a mandatory 14 day quarantine  this week, I imagine some restrictions will change as filming goes on.

Beau's coming from Sydney, but no idea where they're heading to. Bottom line is though that QLD has strong quarantine restrictions, to the point there's excessive media coverage slamming it. Most people leaving NSW are required to undergo quarantine anywhere they go. As far as I understand, no VIC teams are reportedly involved this season due to the high cases in Melbourne at the moment.

I think we'll need to see where they start and from there figure out which states they can or cannot enter without quarantining. Best bet to do that is refer to the state government's website for the official requirements.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 05:45:35 AM by ovalorange »

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2020, 12:34:07 AM »
Please note that this is a subscriber only article . I have copied the details that are relevant to TAR Aus...

With his trademark high energy and court jester spirit, The Amazing Race host Beau Ryan returned to filming the reality adventure series on location in Queensland this week.

While the series set off last year around the world, this season – in the time of coronavirus – the popular 10 tentpole has been forced to think on its feet and find a new route around Australia.

As Network 10 executive producer Cathie Scott told Saturday EXTRA, when the world went into shutdown back in March, “embarking on a travel reality format such as The Amazing Race Australia … presented us with immense challenges but also an incredible opportunity to re-imagine this much-loved format.”

After a successful return to air last year, “the onset of COVID and the travel restrictions that ensued meant that we had to reassess all of series 2 international route planning and quickly adapt to shooting totally within Australia,” Ms Scott said.

“A cleverly designed travel route across the country, with the highest level of COVID safety protocols in place, will highlight never before regions and cultures right on our front door.”

With production staff, as well as contestants and crew all forced into a two-week hotel quarantine, the new season set off this week, bracing for anything.

Beyond the basic social distancing protocols, TV productions like the Race have had to pivot their plans to ensure the safety of all cast and crew, while still maintaining the entertainment standards viewers have come to expect from the highly-engaging reality genre.

After an initial shutdown of all studio filming and outside broadcasts in March, slowly but surely the TV networks and production companies they hire to deliver their reality slate have come back to life.

It’s just that real life looks a little different now.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/television/australian-reality-tv-in-the-time-of-coronavirus/news-story/e840fc2393014d15240be095a99dca83
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 02:03:07 AM by BourkieBoy »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2020, 01:59:37 AM »
 :yourock:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2020, 07:27:27 PM »
Dailymail posted a couple of photos of Beau in Cairns last week.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8837119/Beau-Ryan-enjoys-break-filming-Amazing-Race-Australia-Queensland.html

Production for The Amazing Race has resumed in Queensland, months after it was temporarily shut down.

And last week, the show's host Beau Ryan was spotted chatting to a crew member as he enjoyed a break from filming the show.

The ex-NRL star, 35, kept things cool and casual in a white T-shirt and black shorts as he sat on a wall outside a venue in Cairns.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2020, 01:01:23 AM »
Production for The Amazing Race has resumed in Queensland, months after it was temporarily shut down.

And last week, the show's host Beau Ryan was spotted chatting to a crew member as he enjoyed a break from filming the show.

The ex-NRL star, 35, kept things cool and casual in a white T-shirt and black shorts as he sat on a wall outside a venue in Cairns.

He placed his sunglasses on his T-shirt as he chatted to a production assistant while relaxing outdoors.

Filming for The Amazing Race Australia commenced last week after production staff and contestants completed a two-week hotel quarantine.

The Channel Ten series was localized due to travel restrictions amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Production of The Amazing Race was suspended earlier this year due to coronavirus fears.

In August, Beau confirmed that the new teams had been cast and filming was going to commence.

'Luckily, we're still doing the show. We're going soon, but I can't say when,' Beau told Daily Mail Australia at the Stan Originals premiere for I Am Woman.

Meanwhile, Channel Ten announced they'd changed the show's format to domestic travel in March.

A Channel 10 spokesman told Daily Mail Australia: 'The welfare of cast and crew is of the upmost importance and all necessary measures will be taken to ensure their protection.'

They remained confident Australia's 'tropical rainforests, [the] arid red desert of the outback and cool mountainous hinterlands' would prove an entertaining challenge.

'The sheer vastness and contrasting environment of Australia will create a unique and challenging backdrop to the most amazing race on earth,' the spokesperson said.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8837119/Beau-Ryan-enjoys-break-filming-Amazing-Race-Australia-Queensland.html

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: October 14, 2020, 01:03:26 AM »
The Amazing Race Australia resumed filming in Queensland this week, months after production was temporarily shut down.

Filming commenced after production staff and contestants completed a two-week hotel quarantine.

The Channel Ten series was localised due to travel restrictions amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Production of The Amazing Race was suspended earlier this year due to coronavirus fears.

In August, the show's host, ex-NRL star Beau Ryan, confirmed the new teams had been cast and filming was going to commence.

'Luckily, we're still doing the show. We're going soon, but I can't say when,' Beau told Daily Mail Australia at the Stan Originals premiere for I Am Woman.

Meanwhile, Channel Ten announced they'd changed the show's format to domestic travel in March.

A Channel 10 spokesman told Daily Mail Australia at the time: 'The welfare of cast and crew is of the upmost importance and all necessary measures will be taken to ensure their protection.'

Last year's season visited Thailand, South Korea, Vietnam, and Mongolia. 

Newlyweds Tim and Rod Sattler-Jones were crowned the winners during the race's final leg in Africa (WTF???).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8824979/The-Amazing-Race-Australia-resumes-filming-Queensland.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2020, 09:42:16 AM »
Sorry I’ve been offline for a bit. Do we have this preview?https://twitter.com/amazingrace_au/status/1317970794601881600?s=21
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2020, 10:30:03 AM »
Sorry I’ve been offline for a bit. Do we have this preview?https://twitter.com/amazingrace_au/status/1317970794601881600?s=21

Yes. That's the preview. I first saw on Reddit TAR thread.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2020, 08:27:54 AM »
<<The Amazing Race Australia, currently filming, plans to highlight a number of little-known corners of the country.

“The only place we are not going to is Victoria. Not only are we going to many of the iconic and beautiful parts of Australia, we are also going on a road less travelled too.”>>

https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/10/where-to-for-australian-survivor.html
RFF's Golden Rule: