Author Topic: TAR Canada 8: PRE-RACE News/Media/Speculation (possible spoilers)  (Read 86647 times)

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada 8: News/Media/Speculation (possible spoilers)
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2022, 11:49:24 AM »
So.... New Year! What are we thinking....

I feel like they could totally do a Domestic season, I mean Australia did it and US was able to film in 6 different countries.
I really want another season this year... It's been two summers now without it, i feel if they don't do it this year... The show might be dead for good :(

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2022, 01:21:32 PM »
So.... New Year! What are we thinking....

I feel like they could totally do a Domestic season, I mean Australia did it and US was able to film in 6 different countries.
I really want another season this year... It's been two summers now without it, i feel if they don't do it this year... The show might be dead for good :(

I think it’s still too early to say, but if they want to aim for filming circa April/May, things need to change drastically. Ontario is going into lockdown again due to omicron, and many universities are returning to online classes for at least the first two weeks of this upcoming semester (include my own University of New Brunswick).
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2022, 12:51:21 AM »
I don't think it's as restrictive as when this first started, where you had to self-isolate for crossing any provincial border. But yeah, if it's still bad in late April through May, it's probably off again this year. Or at least, they'll stay away from the heavily populated cities (no Toronto area, and limited Alberta. They've had outbreaks about as bad as Ontario). That's what Australia did.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2022, 01:25:18 PM »
I really think they could do a season, but maybe film a 3-4 weeks later than usual? They always start end of April, but I would wait until end of May/Early June (Covid has been better during June/July/August the last two years).

They could do 3-4 legs out West (depending of the cases in Vancouver, it would be our 'big city' leg of the season) and have 2 legs self-driving in Northern BC (and maybe even a self-driving stop in the Yukon?)

Maybe 2-3 legs in the prairies, and then 2-3 legs in the Maritimes (unless they are still a bubble like last year)
Hell, even a leg in QC would work if it's not in Montreal or QC city, the cases outside of those two cities are not that bad. Would be the time to do a good leg in Gaspésie!

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2022, 07:44:19 PM »
Looks like TARC won't be filming this year - from the producers of TARC with filming dates late June through July 2022  :'( unless they film prior to TUCC

From the Producers of The Amazing Race Canada comes "The Ultimate Canadian Challenge"

www.theultimatecanadianchallengecasting.com

"CASTING IS NOW OPEN FOR A BRAND NEW
CROSS CANADA COMPETITION SERIES

This is....
THE ULTIMATE CANADIAN CHALLENGE!

Do you want to travel Canada and see the country and compete in a once-in-a-lifetime experience?

Are you athletic, outgoing, and up for the biggest challenge this country has ever seen?

Do you want to be coached and mentored by one of Canada’s sports stars?

If so then its time to apply for The Ultimate Canadian Challenge!

The Ultimate Canadian Challenge is a brand new, larger-than-life cross-Canada competition series! Six celebrity coaches from the world of Canadian sports will lead ordinary Canadians through a series of events that will test every aspect of their mental strength and athleticism. Players will join the coaches team and will push through challenging moments, learn invaluable life lessons and grow, both as competitors and human beings, in the process going from ordinary to the extraordinary.

We are looking for individual athletic Canadians to embark on this challenging adventure and join The Ultimate Canadian Challenge. "

More details at www.theultimatecanadianchallengecasting.com

Filming dates:
"When do they film the show?

This season of The Ultimate Canadian Challenge will be filmed in late June through July 2022.  It’s the ultimate summer vacation! "

Casting Deadline:
The application deadline at this time is February 18 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, but may be changed at any time.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 08:39:08 PM by Linda BC2 »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2022, 08:13:55 PM »
Hey, this could be a golden opportunity for a soft reboot into international routes! (Probably won't go that way)

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2022, 08:36:01 PM »
With Survivor having a Quebec version on Noovo channel, maybe they will do a Amazing Race version also? Im sure they would do a international route lol

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2022, 09:30:07 PM »
My goodness! This Ultimate Canadian Challenge really does sound like a TAR Canada spin-off! I hope this isn’t a permanent replacement? It does sound like a cross between TAR, Survivor and Tough as Nails? Can we assume that this will be aired on CTV, considering this show is also produced by Insight Productions?

I’m actually excited to watch the show! However, my enjoyment for the show will go down, if this replaces and kills TAR Canada…

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2022, 10:43:50 PM »
I'm not Canadian but is there a logic as to why COVID is preventing them doing a domestic route? TAR 33 managed to go out internationally and TARAus is planning to do the same in the next month or so. Whats the big catch with just racing around Canada? Don't they normally hit a whole bunch of locations in the middle of nowhere anyway?

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2022, 11:00:14 PM »
I don't work for the show so I have no idea how this will play out. It does seem elitist as they are looking for very athletic people. Just looking at the application form they want to know what sports you've played, what level of proficency, what coaches you admire, etc. Not for your average TAR fan.

I wonder if they'll recruit people that have been on the contestant list for TARC before it was covid cancelled, as they tend to cast athletes?

It will still be fun to watch.

Offline Realityfan01

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2022, 10:15:45 PM »
I have a good feeling that they will come back this year but with an all star season, hence the no casting updates

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2022, 11:49:06 PM »
I have a good feeling that they will come back this year but with an all star season, hence the no casting updates

Coming back from a 2 year hiatus, maybe Insight is going forward with this new TAR Canada-like show as a "Plan B" in case Season 8 is their last. And if so, they might as well go out with a bang in the form of an All-Stars (last season's return vote of Jet & Dave could have been a test of the audience's reception to a returning team). Hopefully the bulk of the teams they want are vaccinated, of course.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 11:58:06 PM by Maanca »

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2022, 07:30:43 AM »

I hope you are right!!
A gut feeling of yours or something we don’t know?? Lol

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2022, 09:03:18 AM »
As much as I love TARC, I don't think 7 seasons is enough for an All-Star season. Also, in terms of prep and vaccine control it doesn't matter if they are return racers or new racers the protocols and procedures will be the same.

Offline Travejunkie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • The World is Waiting...Go
    • Another Pin on the Map
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2022, 09:09:22 AM »
I agree.  They had a season of newbies cast before the pandemic shutdown, those people should at least be offered the option to race before they're replaced.
Down the waterfall, wherever it may take me.

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2022, 01:14:48 AM »
Has anyone heard any news for season 8? They normally start filming within the next few weeks and I haven’t heard anything. I really hope CTV didn’t silently cancel the show that would break my heart

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2022, 01:21:53 AM »
Yeah, it's about that time. Normally they started the last few days of April. They have to since Insight's "The Great Canadian Challenge" is apparently supposed to film in June. 

No casting announcement means they're either using the cast they planned pre-pandemic, or it's an All-Stars. After 7 seasons, they'd have enough selection to pull from for the latter.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 01:30:12 AM by Maanca »

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #117 on: April 14, 2022, 02:02:05 AM »
Unless COVID happens, they are definitely filming soon. Trust me on that! :tup:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: April 14, 2022, 08:38:27 AM »
I really hope they start filming soon!

Offline kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2022, 09:44:08 AM »
Unless COVID happens, they are definitely filming soon. Trust me on that! :tup:

Lol-- COVID hasn't stopped.  We just crested another wave in Ontario that seemed to hit a lot of people and Quebec still has a mask mandate (one of the only ones in North America).

Offline Travejunkie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • The World is Waiting...Go
    • Another Pin on the Map
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2022, 09:51:51 AM »
As a Quebec resident, I hope our mask mandates stay in place.  And for the racers, I suspect they will do what the American version did and try to focus on more sparsely populated centres, and requiring masks for up close communication, even if there are no mask mandates in the province at that time.  The Ontario cases have skyrocketed upon removal of the mask mandates, and it would be too risky for production to have half their teams go down with positive tests while racing.
Down the waterfall, wherever it may take me.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2022, 05:35:56 PM »
Yeah, it's about that time. Normally they started the last few days of April. They have to since Insight's "The Great Canadian Challenge" is apparently supposed to film in June. 

Au contraire, both TARCAN1 as well as TARCAN3 filmed entirely in May - so that precedent remains for TARCAN8.

Offline Avid

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2022, 07:38:16 AM »
10 days to the end of April in a few days.. We are in the last days of April... And with tar 34 scheduled to b in may-june.. Rff is Gina be busy.. It would b crazy if Jon bumps into phil....but nothing is concrete yet :duno:

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2022, 12:26:51 PM »
It would be crazy if Jon bumps into phil....but nothing is concrete yet :duno:
Unlikely.  Our version hasn't been to Canada in years.

Offline Parasparopagraho

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2022, 01:41:34 PM »
As a Quebec resident, I hope our mask mandates stay in place.  And for the racers, I suspect they will do what the American version did and try to focus on more sparsely populated centres, and requiring masks for up close communication, even if there are no mask mandates in the province at that time.  The Ontario cases have skyrocketed upon removal of the mask mandates, and it would be too risky for production to have half their teams go down with positive tests while racing.

Merci, countryman from the other side of the nation.