Author Topic: TARC 7 Episode 6 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!  (Read 8293 times)

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
TARC 7 Episode 6 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!
« on: August 06, 2019, 09:21:15 AM »
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:

If you are unable to watch LIVE yourself, please be aware that this thread WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS, so proceed at your own risk.

This thread will contain OUTCOME Spoilers as seen on the SHOW.

Canadians, PLEASE help update as the show unfolds!

If you can help, then PLEASE DO!!!
Many of us will be counting on you until we can watch later. We hope everyone will join in the fun!!

Also,  if you are watching anything but the CTV feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post/update in this thread.  If you are in the easternmost Canadian provinces you could be ahead of us watching on EST.

SO PLEASE ** NO  OUTCOMES ** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time!  And NO FUTURE LEG SPOILERS either!

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

And you can entertain yourself with our spoiler threads as well while you wait!

Have FUN everyone and THANK YOU for joining us!!

NO POSTING BEFORE 8:40 P.M. Eastern, PLEASE!!!

LIVE Streams for members in the Usual Place. If you are not a member please register and then ask me or any of the mods for help. Keep in mind it can take up to 12 hours to get registered.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARC 7 Episode 6 LIVE SHOW UPDATES and DISCUSSION THREAD!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 09:32:26 PM »
Quick recap:

The airport drama: The preview made it seem bigger than it was... Irina and Aarthy hug it out at the end. But Aarthy said she forgives but doesn't forget. Basically what happened was that Irina and Dave told the other teams that they felt all the other teams are ganging up against them 6 vs. 1. Anthony admit that when they left they suggested that the other 6 teams works together but in the end it didn't matter, it wasn't personal.  Then the other teams learn about what Dave did at the roadblock and that put an awkward silence in the conversation. Aarthy said she felt like it was disrespectful and that's when Irina mocked her and imitated her. Irina then said she was sorry and that the race was stressing her.

As for the leg:
It was quite boring compared to the last 3 weeks.

Go get a clue at UofS, Route info at the mine into elevators (J/A and J/L first, then D/I and Moms in second, S/S and A/T in last)
The mine task didn't bring much team mouvement, must set up a 'wall' between two sections: teams finish in following order:

1-James/Anthony
2-Joanne/Lauren
3-Sam/Sarah (up 2)
4- Dave/Irina
5- Trish/Amy (down 1)
6- Aarthy/Tinesh

Go to a Shell to find video from home, family tells them to go to the detour Maze vs. Dance

Every teams excepts the Moms do the Maze (Dave-Irina started the dance and switched)

Team leaves the detour:

- James/ Anthony
- Sam/Sarah (up 1)
- Dave/Irina (up 1)
- Lauren/Joanne (down 2)
- Aarthy/Tinesh (up 1)
- Trish/Amy (down 1)

Teams must go to a park (didn't get the name) to do a Lacrosse challenge, do a pass to your teammate and hit 2 targets

No team switching, but the last two teams are there at the same time. No one really struggles

Must run to the pitstop Remai Modern Museum

The order doesn't switch, and MOMs are NEL again!

I'm surprised they didn't go to Humboldt... Maybe at the start of next week? It seems like a missed opportunity to me.

Overall, the tasks were a little boring, except the detour. I feel like there was missing one task to make it more exciting.
The mine location was really interesting and cool but the task was meh

Offline degenerasian

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 10:51:31 PM »
You know who I feel the most sorry for in this leg?

The cameramen in the maze.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 11:13:12 PM »
The prize was a trip to Costa Rica and a year of gas from Shell. They haven't given gas as a prize since Season 3 :o

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 12:20:49 AM »
The overhead drone shot of the maze and where the teams were reminded me of Pacman, or am I aging myself  :funny:

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 05:33:45 AM »
What a disappointing last task, the lacrosse task wasn't likely to change places much.  They could even switch team mates around.  Also being able to see another team was still at the detour as they could still see the car from the other side of the detour wasn't great planning.  Otherwise I like to see mazes and it wasn't really easy I guess.  Locations were pretty good, it would have been nice to see a task at that science facility.  Looked like there was a little bit of navigation to find the host at the end.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 06:03:40 AM »
Wonder if the Lacrosse challenge was initially done concept wise as a Face Off, instead of a normal ARI, which was changed once the leg was decided to be Nom-Elim. Though the placement of the challenge, makes that doubtful. As that's the last task of the leg.

Weird leg overall. Glad to learn I'm not the only one that felt it was a bit boring, especially compared to the last few weeks. Definitely expected more from the airport confrontation.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 11:21:16 AM »
After seeing the preview, I was reminded of TAR 20 Leg 7, which also had a blowup at an airport after a few legs of simmering tension among the teams. Airport drama in terms of actual fights between the teams really haven't occurred on this series. There has been so much drama brewing among the teams over the previous two legs that this dynamic was a powder keg that doesn't looked fully resolved. However, this leg also had the same problems as TAR 20 since the rest of the episode couldn't match the drama from the beginning and wasn't that interesting. Any fun from the Detour on this leg wore off after a couple of minutes, yet the bulk of the episode was spent on this challenge. It was also somewhat interesting that Humboldt wasn't visited considering they raced in the direction of the town. Really, the only point of this episode was to resolve the drama of the previous legs while also setting up the drama of the legs to come. It was nice to see some positive moments like with Anthony & James and with Trish, but that doesn't save the episode. I am happy that Trish & Amy were saved, and I'm really looking forward to next week.

Jon's distain for penalties showing everything he said "after the other."  :funny:
Anthony's defensiveness about cheerleading.  :funny:
Dave finding a pig.  :funny:
Amy happy they finished the Detour before sunset.  :funny:

Mine: Decent task that's relevant to the region to start the leg.
Square Dance: Very much the harder of the two Detours, so it really wasn't balanced, and the actual task itself wasn't that interesting even if it was relevant to prairie culture.
Maize Maze: Felt tacked on in order to add another task and make a Detour. Only thing interesting was seeing so many teams at once in the maze.
Lacrosse: The lacrosse task didn't have much much drama aside from Trish & Amy arriving at the end.

1/5

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 12:50:48 PM »
I finally finished the episode after a lot of issues with ads screwing up on CTV.ca today. And I have to agree this was the weakest episode of the season.

Though I must say I'm impressed with Aarthy, she's small but a tough lady. Even through all that, they still held onto the Express Pass (if they're going to use it, they have to next week), she said on the Facebook page it was the stress of the day mixed with claustrophobia.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 06:09:23 PM »
I really really really really really really really loved this like leg

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 01:50:03 AM »
This leg wasn't as bad as everyone said it is!

I enjoyed all of the tasks, but was a little disappointed that the airport confrontation wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be!

Really looking forward to next leg! The previews look very promising!  :conf:

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 06:48:31 AM »
At least they are doing variations on well seen Amazing Race tasks like bungee jumping (adding memory task) and dancing (adding calling the moves out).  The main puzzle to me is why there isn't much self-navigation even though they have kept in Canada.