Author Topic: TAR Seasons you've never seen  (Read 11794 times)

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
TAR Seasons you've never seen
« on: July 27, 2019, 02:46:56 AM »
I have never seen TAR 2, TAR 8, TAR 11, TAR 23 & TAR 31 (and i don't really want to, never wanted to see it).

I forget to stay out of placement spoilers, so when i know them, i don't watch the season because it loses its fun for me.

That being said, which seasons of TAR have you not seen and why?
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
Re: TAR Seasons you've never seen
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2019, 03:28:58 AM »
TAR NORWAY 2

*cri every tiem
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 04:01:01 AM »
I haven't seen non-English speaking TAR and I don't plan on ever watching it!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2019, 06:30:49 AM »
Same as Bourkie, I know little of the non-English seasons. Which is unfortunate because of Israel's, which is like the gold standard of crazy tasks.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 09:29:42 AM »
Most of any non-English seasons except TAR Philippines as I am from the Philippines.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2019, 11:25:57 PM »
I forgot to speak about the foreign versions. Obviously i've watched TAR: Latin America. I liked China Rush Seasons 1 and 2 as well.

And if Australia comes back, i'm watching it again. But Canada, Norway, Israel and Philippines i haven't seen as well.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2019, 11:32:56 PM »
I haven't seen non-English speaking TAR and I don't plan on ever watching it!

Same here. Only watch TAR US, Canada, Asia and Australia.
For the US Version, I have never watched S.8 (Family Edition), never in my life I will watch that, it never appealed to me.

Offline Wadsy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 04:56:01 PM »
I am only going to consider the US version although I have seen a handful of episodes of TAR Asia and Australia.

That being said... TAR 30. I have seen parts of it but it just doesn't really appeal to me. I gave up watching TAR29 after leg 7 for the same reason, and because I didn't like the concept.
Wadsy

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2019, 08:33:45 PM »
I have only watched TARUS (no season 1 yet), TAR AUS, TAR China (Celebrity) and TAR Asia (3 - 5 only).

Have no interest to watch Canada or any other non-English version.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2019, 09:50:11 PM »
I wish TAR would go back producing normal seasons with regular people...

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2019, 10:07:10 PM »

It's mostly CBS telling them to do that. The ratings matter, and regular people don't come with fanbases =/

Offline Wadsy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2019, 02:23:47 AM »

It's mostly CBS telling them to do that. The ratings matter, and regular people don't come with fanbases =/

Yeah when exactly did that last happen? TAR 25 probably, or some may consider 27 as well. Either way, a long time!
Wadsy

Offline Traveldude1

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2020, 06:31:43 PM »
Of the SD seasons, 16 is the only one I haven't watched at all. There has been some seasons wgere I quit watching like 6, 2, and 8 but 16 is the only one I have not seen

As for the HD seasons, I've never seen 21, 22, 23, 26, and 30. I've either watched the other ones completely or at least seen a majority of the episodes

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2020, 09:10:20 AM »
I was late to start watching TAR, think it might have been Season 5 that I first watched when televised.  I have watched all seasons since then when they were televised and never quit even if I wasn't thrilled with the people in the season.  What can I say... I like seeing all the places they go!  Heck, I even enjoyed Season 8 mainly because it was different.

As for season 1-4, I did see them on Amazon Prime so I can say that I have watched all seasons of USA's TAR.  However, I have never seen an international season of the race.

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 01:09:45 AM »
It might change one day, but I refuse to watch both TAR 24 (fake All-Stars) and TAR 30. I know all the spoilers and don't want to dreadfulness of them.

Offline TARstorian

• RFF Full Member
    • TARstorian.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 02:34:10 AM »
English language TARs
- TAR Canada 6 sans Jakarta leg
- TAR Canada 7
- China Rush 1-4

Non-English language TARs
- Everything except the North Korea leg from Vietnam's last season.
I have been to 63 countries. I have met Phil Keoghan, Jon Montgomery, Allan Wu, Elise and Bertram in person. I visited Joe & Bill in Hawaii, JK & Mike in Singapore, and Rovilson in Manila. I attended the TAR 28, 29, and 34 finales.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2020, 08:54:26 PM »
English language TARs
- TAR Canada 7
- China Rush 1-4

Wait, what? WRP is fearless I tell you.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline TARstorian

• RFF Full Member
    • TARstorian.
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2020, 12:49:13 AM »
English language TARs
- TAR Canada 7
- China Rush 1-4

Yes, TAR Vietnam had a leg in North Korea last year. The official TAR Vietnam YouTube channel has the full episode made available worldwide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vlCrzdmSzA

I have been to 63 countries. I have met Phil Keoghan, Jon Montgomery, Allan Wu, Elise and Bertram in person. I visited Joe & Bill in Hawaii, JK & Mike in Singapore, and Rovilson in Manila. I attended the TAR 28, 29, and 34 finales.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2020, 03:34:47 AM »
It might change one day, but I refuse to watch both TAR 24 (fake All-Stars) and TAR 30. I know all the spoilers and don't want to dreadfulness of them.

tar30 is a good season though??? ur loss lmao

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2020, 12:43:42 PM »

tar30 is a good season though??? ur loss lmao

It's actually a great season but i understand his reasons. When it comes to TAR (and only when it comes to TAR) i'm an ultraconservative as well, i like the usual game twists with the usual unknown teams  :lol:  I liked it as it went along.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2020, 06:02:12 PM »
English seasons: All of TARAUS

Anything not in English: Everything

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2020, 07:42:44 PM »
English language TARs
- TAR Canada 7
- China Rush 1-4

Yes, TAR Vietnam had a leg in North Korea last year. The official TAR Vietnam YouTube channel has the full episode made available worldwide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vlCrzdmSzA

That's insanely cool and insanely insane. I don't understand Vietnamese at all, but the way teams weren't even remotely phased by the clue screams volumes. Not to mention this is probably the very few authentic footages of urban life N-Korea any person can get their hands on... a wow isn't enough to describe it. I know Vietnam and N-Korea have good relations because of their allyship during the Cold War, but I didn't think it was so close in the modern-day that their TAR version can film there without any underlying political issues. Definitely some of the scenes were culturally shocking to me like the nearly empty streetscapes and seemingly bare-bone interior high rises, but not surprising. Knowing their punishable-by-witch-hunt laws in that country makes finding this even more disturbing to me to say the least.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Blazhinho

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2020, 12:20:58 PM »
I have seen all the seasons in about 5 months :D. A regular season has only about 12 episodes, so you can finish it in 3 or 4 days without rush, and then move to the next one. The ones I liked the most are the All Stars ones, because I was familiar with every team and it is easier to watch. The exception was Season 31 with only 5 teams from TAR. I think all of them should have been from TAR.

Some of you mentioned Season 30. I think it's not fair since one member of the winning team did about 80 percent of all the tasks and 6 Roadblocks in total, while the other one did only 3. So, that member had only 2 performed Roadblocks before the final (in 11 legs). My question is, is TAR going back to the early seasons' rule, where the members didn't have to be equalized in the number of Roadblocks? I remember from many seasons before the 30th, team members had to perform the same number of Roadblocks before the final, or any other leg. And it was written in the clue, "name" has to do this Roadblock. It obviously wasn't the case in this season. Does anyone know why? I don't know if I can write spoilers here, but I will say this person who did the great majority of the tasks is one of the most competitive participants of TAR, but still I can't say it's fair towards the other teams.

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2020, 03:24:29 PM »
I have seen all the seasons in about 5 months :D. A regular season has only about 12 episodes, so you can finish it in 3 or 4 days without rush, and then move to the next one. The ones I liked the most are the All Stars ones, because I was familiar with every team and it is easier to watch. The exception was Season 31 with only 5 teams from TAR. I think all of them should have been from TAR.

Some of you mentioned Season 30. I think it's not fair since one member of the winning team did about 80 percent of all the tasks and 6 Roadblocks in total, while the other one did only 3. So, that member had only 2 performed Roadblocks before the final (in 11 legs). My question is, is TAR going back to the early seasons' rule, where the members didn't have to be equalized in the number of Roadblocks? I remember from many seasons before the 30th, team members had to perform the same number of Roadblocks before the final, or any other leg. And it was written in the clue, "name" has to do this Roadblock. It obviously wasn't the case in this season. Does anyone know why? I don't know if I can write spoilers here, but I will say this person who did the great majority of the tasks is one of the most competitive participants of TAR, but still I can't say it's fair towards the other teams.
I am pretty sure the limited is 7/8 roadblocks now. I think Jessica's roadblock count would have been higher if there was roadblocks on Legs 7-9. Legs 7-8 are Detour, Route Info Task, then Leg 9 is four Route Info Tasks. They could have easily made the Route Info Task on Leg 8 a Roadblock then one of the Route Info Tasks on Leg 9. Making 11 Roadblocks in total. I fine it ridiculous how the limit is so high, I think they should make the Roadblock count limit different every season based on how many Roadblocks every season. Like if there are 9 (5-4), 10 (5-5), 13 (7-6), etc.

Offline Blazhinho

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2020, 05:35:10 PM »
I am pretty sure the limited is 7/8 roadblocks now. I think Jessica's roadblock count would have been higher if there was roadblocks on Legs 7-9. Legs 7-8 are Detour, Route Info Task, then Leg 9 is four Route Info Tasks. They could have easily made the Route Info Task on Leg 8 a Roadblock then one of the Route Info Tasks on Leg 9. Making 11 Roadblocks in total. I fine it ridiculous how the limit is so high, I think they should make the Roadblock count limit different every season based on how many Roadblocks every season. Like if there are 9 (5-4), 10 (5-5), 13 (7-6), etc.

Yeah, these legs were weird, since they weren't the first or the last. I don't know why there weren't usual Roadblocks and Detours. And it is fair and the best to be just like you said, both team members should be equalized in the number of performed Roadblocks, or one of them can have one more. The limit can't be 7 or 8 when there are 9 RB in total (maybe the least ever), and it should be predetermined. This is ridiculous, their ratio 6-3, almost like some other male-female teams from the early seasons.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 05:38:20 PM by Blazhinho »