Author Topic: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion  (Read 468653 times)

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: HaMerotz LaMillion 7 (TAR ISRAEL 7) Ongoing SHOW DIscussion
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2019, 05:06:49 PM »
Ben & Ran asking their Cape Town cab to take them to Batoka Sky has to be the new "Arctic Circle, you know."  :funny:

Probably goes without saying but the microlight task was way better than TAR 27.

The crocodiles biting off Ariel's pole. :o

Had to be demoralizing for Tali & Gili to struggle with the Double Battle after they were the crocodile whisperers. If was nice for Ben & Ran to give them the win, but the amount of bad luck they had on the task after that was unbelievable.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2019, 09:41:05 PM »
Quick recap of tasks:

Show content
>Fly to Livingstone, ZAMBIA
>Batoka Sky / Batoka Land / Maramba Aerodrome(?)
  One team member is given an incomplete map of the area. The other is flying above in a microlight and must describe the area over radio, so map can be completed using a collection of pieces. 15 minutes refuelling after landing.
>Livingstone Reptile Park
  Use sticks to feed the crocodiles, while also using a magnetic stick to grab 5 green, 5 red, 5 blue hanging cards. Food is tied on string hanging down from magnetic stick.
    ~Michel refuses to do the task involving raw meat (I think she's vegan?). Omer has to do it herself. At first Michel refuses to even enter the crocodile park, but later comes along for support.
>Chundukwa River Lodge
  HEAD2HEAD: Teams will be tied up in a net ('coccoon') hanging from a rope, must use a stick with a saw on the end to cut through 10 ropes nearby. One of these is the rope holding them up, and when cut will free them. But, one of these will set their opponents free. Then they can put on wings and become a butterfly.
    ~Ben & Ran see a demotivated Tali & Gili and surrender the H2H win to them as a gesture of good faith. Karma is taking the day off, because they lose every other subsequent match until the final one against M&O
>Batoka House
  Yield Vote
>Simdonga Village Tourism Trust Limited Skills Center, Simonga

The editors decided to be confusing on this episode. They constantly cut back to a welcome sign for the Zimbabwean city of "Victoria Falls", just across the border, which clearly features a Zimbabwe flag nearby.

If anybody knows where the heck this "Batoka House" is, let me know. Apparently it was important enough to be noted as established in 1993?

Poor Fia & Tey have been Yielded. WHERE ARE THE U-TURNS??
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2019, 09:54:32 PM »

The editors decided to be confusing on this episode. They constantly cut back to a welcome sign for the Zimbabwean city of "Victoria Falls", just across the border, which clearly features a Zimbabwe flag nearby.

If anybody knows where the heck this "Batoka House" is, let me know. Apparently it was important enough to be noted as established in 1993?

Poor Fia & Tey have been Yielded. WHERE ARE THE U-TURNS??

Even more confusing when
Show content
they go to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe later in the season.

Let's add more confusion. Batoka Sky was established in 1993, so the Batoka House is a building that's part of the aerodrome.

Was that last part a reference to Karin's flub?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2019, 12:33:10 AM »
Karin is cute.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2019, 03:12:20 AM »
Karin is cute.

Indeed she is!
I stan the team, I see them as one of the potential dark or wild horses... from what I saw so far (fight me on this in a way lel).
הפעם עד הגמר - זירה, 2016
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2019, 04:10:11 AM »
To need u-turns you need detours I'm assuming.  Detours are good as teams have less idea of exactly where they are in the race and sometimes there's the drama of them having to switch.

Omer's the brunette, right?  Was she afraid of the crocodiles as she wasn't doing that part where you feed the meat and take the cards.  Tali and Gili worked out the way to do it was to get one to feed them, while the other took the cards.  As they were all together the others around them at the time probably saw that too.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2019, 04:25:32 AM »
Omer's the brunette, right?  Was she afraid of the crocodiles as she wasn't doing that part where you feed the meat and take the cards.  Tali and Gili worked out the way to do it was to get one to feed them, while the other took the cards.  As they were all together the others around them at the time probably saw that too.

Michal is the brunette.

I translated one block of text from her, and she was saying the exact same thing Talia said back in Season 3 when they had to eat meat in Spain. The whole "I don't see it as flesh, I see it as part of a living creature's body" deal.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2019, 08:00:23 AM »
tbh I wanted the waste management plant to shake the placings up *more* than it actually did; it made that entire episode pointless because it was basically a non-impactful task as it is (if they're gonna do luck tasks, make it absolute #gamechangers)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2019, 12:42:05 AM »
And the second part of the Zambian leg is today! Saturday 9.15pm IDT on Reshet.
(Yes it's twice a week, Wednesday-Saturday up until this point).

Whoa.
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2019, 10:39:48 PM »
Why don't they just have teams run the whole leg, and then draw numbers out of a hat to decide what place they're in?

It did tickle me pink that they centred a task around the 10 trillion dollar bill from Zimbabwe. I want one of those for my collection.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2019, 11:25:09 PM »
Half of the FF teams are gone  :'(
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Gra1162

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2019, 11:49:13 PM »
OMG NOOOOO Yehudit & Zohar  :'( :'( :'(

hopefully, the next few elimnations are M/F and ,M/M

still rotting for Michal & Omer

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2019, 11:54:28 PM »
And surprisingly there'll be an episode TODAY! Wut? (As far as I understood, מחר means tomorrow and that pertains to Sunday, which is today here in Indo).

For the fifth leg, they're going to
Show content
a third African country, Zimbabwe. Is it the first of its kind of having three African legs? Wow.
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2019, 12:15:51 AM »
Tatasport: Not really. Old school US TAR routes used to.

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2019, 12:40:17 AM »
Tatasport: Not really. Old school US TAR routes used to.

Cool! How I miss the old school US for several reasons now.
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2019, 07:10:14 AM »
Why don't they just have teams run the whole leg, and then draw numbers out of a hat to decide what place they're in?
I only *wish* that happened; that luck task did next-to-nothing to shake things up and I'm very disappointed lol :(
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #66 on: August 05, 2019, 08:47:34 PM »
For the fifth leg, they're going to
Show content
a third African country, Zimbabwe. Is it the first of its kind of having three African legs? Wow.

Third African leg, not really, that happened just in Israel Season 5 (Two Namibia and then Tanzania). Third African COUNTRY, though, that's a little more rare.  TAR10 went to Mauritius, Madagascar and Morocco. Unless you count Season 1's visit to South Africa, or Season 5's visit to Kenya, then I believe that's all there is.

The editors were a bit all over the place with this episode. For the casual viewer, it doesn't really matter, but for TAR detectives trying to determine where they went, it's confusing.

Karin & Ariel leave the train station, and it shows a shot of them leaving Kubu Zambezi...which was back in Zambia from last leg.

Eyal & Sid arrive at the Head-to-Head, which is at the Shoestrings Backpacker's camp from TAR27, and there's a random shot of the unrelated Ko Mpisi Village.

The Yield is shown after the Head-to-Head, but I'm almost certain it's located BEFORE the Head-to-Head at the train station.

Oy...

Offline tatasport

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2019, 07:41:34 AM »
Whoa. Oh yes I remember those being third African leg but not third African country either. Welp.
Now that I'm trying to catch the episode up (that's okay guys I like to flip to me finding out why), don't forget that the second part of this leg today (Wed 9.15pm IDT)!
🇮🇱🇫🇷

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2019, 03:33:16 PM »
And we're not doing with Africa yet! Because next leg is

Show content
Mauritius

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2019, 07:03:59 PM »
And we're not doing with Africa yet! Because next leg is

Show content
Mauritius

Too much Africa is never a bad thing, especially when they're showing 3 different sides of the continent.

Not sure who thought letting dizzy people throw spears was a good idea considering Nisim almost hit a cameraman.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2019, 08:25:38 PM »
I give up. This season sucks.

I have no excitement, no tension, no connection to any of the competition going on on-screen whatsoever. I know it'll all just be invalidated by the mandatory luck-based task right before the Pit Stop.

Fey & Tia should have won this leg, with their brilliant spear-throwing and mastery of the water-balancing task, to completely overcome the Yield. But RNG decided against that.

Eden & Aviad should have been eliminated after such a huge catastrophic failure at the water-balancing task. But RNG decided against that.

How can I say this season is good, if somebody comes up to me and asks "How did [Eliminated team] get eliminated in Zimbabwe?" and all I can tell them is RNG

ImANewUser, I respect your differing opinion and I'm not going to be ridiculous and say "I'm right you're wrong" or anything like that, but I just cannot see where you're coming from at all. Nothing matters until the very end. Literally nothing matters. There's no point in being skillful. There's no punishment for being unskillful. Nothing besides GOD decides who wins and who is eliminated. That is not interesting to watch.

~~~

On an unrelated note, I wonder if the Detour actually literally went extinct on this season. Last season (Season 6) only had TWO Detours through the whole Race, and we haven't seen any yet. What a strange production choice...

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2019, 09:31:45 PM »
I feel G.B.'s frustration. Once in a while, maybe, but HaMerotz ends like every leg with a luck task now. It's taking away from the reputation it had for having some of the greatest tasks of the Amazing Race franchise.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2019, 09:35:52 PM »
I feel G.B.'s frustration. Once in a while, maybe, but HaMerotz ends like every leg with a luck task now. It's taking away from the reputation it had for having some of the greatest tasks of the Amazing Race franchise.

Some may disagree with me on this, but I feel like even the first leg in Israel ended with a luck task. You're in Tel Aviv, the one of the biggest cities in Israel, and you gotta find a person flying out the next day. How are you gonna figure that out without randomly asking every single person?

Lookit that! It made a *derp*ing shoelace!!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 03:50:19 AM by G.B. »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2019, 11:17:46 PM »
Somebody PLEASE help me find Ko Mpisi Village...

Despite so many tourists and tour companies going there, I can't find a single trace of this thing anywhere on maps. All I know is it's 20 minutes outside the city of Victoria Falls...

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2019, 06:42:47 AM »
So the eliminations so far
injury
taxi
taxi
luck task (though you could say all these so far have a large element of luck)

I'm happy Aviad and Eden survived anyway.  The drama switched to them and Ariel and Karin, so at least some different teams were involved in the suspense.

The last 3 eliminations were predictable once it got down to the end of the leg as they obviously haven't had much of an edit compared to the others.

I find it hard to believe the blonde was in an elite army unit, she's the weaker of the two.  Though in the crocodile task I thought the other one just put the meat on the sticks anyway, so that needn't have delayed them.  I was puzzled when Ran and Ben kept losing at the butterfly challenge as they seemed to cut some ropes. 

Tia and Fay still being targeted.  Orel still moaning and taking out resting time, so far she's got away with it.  Tali and Gili finding the head to heads tough, but doing ok otherwise.  The balancing task did look like it was more about speed and those who just tried to knock people over had the wrong approach most of the time.  It was funny when Aviad seemed to get knocked off easily though.  Getting the clue by radio message was cool, and it was funny seeing Ran and Ben listen to the English language broadcast thinking that was the message.

The earlier you arrive at a more luck based task the less need of luck I guess.  The soap task was probably the most luck based so far,  though it sounded like it was some kind of exfoliating soap so there was some discomfort that they had to quickly accept to find the token quicker.  Some didn't have as much skin exposed to use the soap on.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 08:19:59 AM by Musicon »