Author Topic: TAR Vietnam Season 6: SHOW Discussion  (Read 515504 times)

Offline bvd

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR Vietnam Season 6: SHOW Discussion
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2019, 11:24:25 PM »
The teams have to make 5 kilogram of noodle to receive the next clue.

Sorry, I did not translate carefully. The teams have to make noodle from 5 kilogram of ingredients (including water). As a result, they only need to make about 15.

Offline bvd

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2019, 11:27:46 PM »
The motorbike task was basically the TARAu/TARPH sand dunes/clue under a basket task, except much more physical and dangerous. I didn't get the drone part though since they just had to follow the road/path, didn't they?
The drone is supposed to lead the teams to the right direction. I think because it was not safe anymore, the producers decide to get rid of the drone.
Edit: Some teams thought that they need to catch the drone to get the clue.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2019, 03:55:11 AM »
Also, here is how I interpreted the dirt bike challenge. Let me know if this is inaccurate:

The teams have to 'chase' the Sting bottle that flew away on a drone. The 'story' being presented is that the bottle flew away, and then hid itself somewhere on the course, as if it was alive. But, besides the drone flying away at the beginning to show this story, they didn't ACTUALLY have to chase it. The task itself was to find it hidden.

Oh! That makes sense. It's actually kind of fun and cute and definitely a nice product placement task.

The drone is supposed to lead the teams to the right direction. I think because it was not safe anymore, the producers decide to get rid of the drone.
Edit: Some teams thought that they need to catch the drone to get the clue.

But then again, since some teams thought they had to actually chase after it, then it's definitely not the safest task. Especially when they're going up and down those hills. Though the non-driving team member could've been the lookout if needed.

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2019, 12:29:47 PM »
I haven't looked at this version for a while, I saw the first two seasons and I remember a funny woman who was an absolute disaster with some American guy.

Looking at the two episodes here, it's definitely tough.  I appreciate the climbing and a bit of danger with bikes (as there was on the Canadian version recently).  Climbing up a ladder is definitely much harder than just rappelling (what the US version normally does).  Also hitchhiking with trucks than just using taxis or buses.

It's interesting to hear the explanation of the end of the first leg, I assumed they had been told it was a non-elimination and so just checked in together.  So only one of those two teams could be eliminated in the second leg?  I assumed the drones were just meant to guide them in the direction they had to go, I had no idea it dropped a bottle.

Amazing how TAR has been having a dry spell, and now four seasons are coming out at nearly the same time!

Which is the 4th?  I know there's this, Canada and Israel.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2019, 12:47:56 PM »
I think he means how 31 just ended. Australia was recently announced but that's it for now.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2019, 03:32:02 PM »
The teams having to walk up the mountain at the start of the Leg and then hitchhiking gave me the Pekin Express feels. It was actually kind of refreshing watching it on a TAR  :clap2:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2019, 05:35:07 PM »
I did mean 31, yes.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2019, 05:38:06 PM »
Are the two guys on team Green not related to each other? I assumed "Vũ" was their shared family name, and I thought one was using "family name last" style while the other was using "family name first" style.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline bvd

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2019, 06:36:52 PM »
Are the two guys on team Green not related to each other? I assumed "Vũ" was their shared family name, and I thought one was using "family name last" style while the other was using "family name first" style.
No, Chu is also a common family name in Vietnam, so I think Vũ's family name is Chu.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2019, 10:44:17 PM »
Well, that was dumb. Yellow and Black teams quit the rowing TO the Detour, so that means they just don't complete the Detour at all? Really now...

Wikipedia says both dudes on Black team completed a Roadblock, but I swore Quốc Thiên did both of them so far. Can somebody verify this? Nevermind, I see I was mistake on Leg 2.

I don't understand the Detour at all. Per Wikipedia, it's a choice between carrying up 10 bricks or 15 pieces of tofu? Why would anyone choose bricks?! There has to be something else to the Tofu side, right??

I'm guessing there was no location name given for the island Huong Giang was on, right? It's just one of the thousands of Ha Long Bay islets :/
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 01:16:51 AM by G.B. »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2019, 11:01:43 PM »
When the yellow team started their 2 hour penalty, they were each carrying those large branches. Was that part of the penalty?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2019, 01:10:03 AM »
It was an okay Leg. Leg 2 was much better still.

Do they not plan on the Legs taking so long and going past sunset?  :lol: I was surprised they allowed the last two teams to still do the ropes course in the dark.

I assume all the hiking took the most time. But they still started around 8-9am I think it was.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2019, 01:39:14 AM »
...Is this a Dating/Blind Date thing, like TAR26? I just looked at the "other Wiki" page for this season and they're all listed as dating each other. All except Green and White.

Offline bvd

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2019, 02:50:29 AM »

I don't understand the Detour at all. Per Wikipedia, it's a choice between carrying up 10 bricks or 15 pieces of tofu? Why would anyone choose bricks?! There has to be something else to the Tofu side, right??

I'm guessing there was no location name given for the island Huong Giang was on, right? It's just one of the thousands of Ha Long Bay islets :/

Some teams choose bricks because they can use a strickle to carry all 10 bricks to the destination. Meanwhile, if they choose to carry tofu, they can only use a dish, which is unstable (especially when you still need to walk a rocky road).

Huong Giang said that the location is Ḥn (Khủng / Phủ) Hà. There is no list of islands in Ha Long Bay, so I cannot find the exact name. 

Offline bvd

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2019, 02:51:20 AM »
When the yellow team started their 2 hour penalty, they were each carrying those large branches. Was that part of the penalty?
Yes, that's a part of the penalty.

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2019, 02:59:58 AM »
I don't understand BHD at all. They made the same mistakes every year in game set-up, penalties and edit and they don't learn any lessons.  :carryon:

They always use hard physical challenges to create dramas and then when the physical challenges are not hard enough, it becomes a snoozefest.

BHD, contact to me for next season (if any), I will advise you for free.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2019, 10:56:45 AM »
Far be it for me to make any unfounded accusations but it is rather...convenient...that after a penalty was served two teams checked in at the exact same time right to the second on a leg right before a double elimination.  :duno:

That blindfolded obstacle task was great though  :cheer:

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2019, 11:25:50 AM »
It happened again? :o

Offline bvd

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2019, 11:40:54 AM »
Far be it for me to make any unfounded accusations but it is rather...convenient...that after a penalty was served two teams checked in at the exact same time right to the second on a leg right before a double elimination.  :duno:
This leg is a NEL. However, there is indeed a double elimination next leg.
The last two teams will receive a 1 hour 30 minute penalty at the start of the next leg.
Impression:
- The team is not provided enough money to travel ~50 km on taxi. I do not know if the producers call the cabs for the teams or not, but while the taxi of one team has a higher rate than those of other teams, and one taxi is free :O
- The time penalty for the roadblock is 15 minutes  :idgit
- The reason for penalty of the gray team
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 11:44:09 AM by bvd »

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2019, 12:50:03 PM »
What is it with this season and double NEL?

Offline Musicon

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2019, 05:25:08 PM »
They may have been non-elimination legs anyway?  But they think there's more drama if two teams are on the mat?

I am skipping through some of this, despite the great scenery of the rich Viet natural areas.  Somehow the editing doesn't create suspense, the camera placements are rarely closeup as well when they need to be at some points.  Some of that could be budget constraints.  Maybe timed tasks could add an extra degree of suspense.  Even in a more interesting task like the blindfolded one it just feels like a succession of teams passing through and it taking ages to show it.  Obviously I'd get more from it if I knew the language but the drama doesn't really come through to me.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2019, 01:03:03 AM »
It was a pretty good episode and Leg. The editing is obviously slower on TARV, but I guess I'm used to it with TARV and TAR China already.

One reason I'm enjoying these episodes is seeing teams hiking through the jungle all day (like 11am to at least 6/7pm right?) and swimming through caves at night! This is stuff you'd never see on TARUS (lol) so it's very fun and interesting to see here.

I definitely don't believe that the last team arrived right at the very second the penalty ended lol But then again, they really didn't follow the directions, so if they had done it correctly, there would be no penalty in the first place.  :duno:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2019, 01:11:09 AM »
The funniest thing to me though was the selective blurring of the Sting logo  :funny:

They even put a red box over it sometimes:

I didn't get it especially since isn't Sting the show's major sponsor and I assume this task was just the usual product placement  :funny:

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2019, 04:46:23 AM »
The will go to North Korea this season???? :o

Source: http://kenh14.vn/cuoc-dua-ky-thu-2019-lua-chon-trieu-tien-quoc-gia-bi-an-nhat-the-gioi-cho-chang-dua-o-nuoc-ngoai-20190728101315046.chn (even kenh14 is trash but all of their rumours are true)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2019, 05:41:59 AM »
That would be shocking!

I thought they were just going to
Show content
Thailand
?