Author Topic: TAR Winners Edition: Wish List  (Read 8859 times)

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
TAR Winners Edition: Wish List
« on: June 29, 2019, 10:53:45 AM »
Should this ever be produced, and if so, which teams do you prefer to see on the race?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 08:59:00 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline BoxOfficeR

• RFF Full Member
    • Box Office Revolution
Re: TAR Winners Edition
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 02:26:07 PM »
I wouldn't be opposed to the idea, but the tasks would have to be really hard.  Then again, I'd like to see new teams get a shot and other returning racers who have had unlucky circumstances :tup:

Offline Jay33

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2019, 04:58:50 PM »
Rob & Brennan coming back, especially after all this time, is a TAR dream for me. They should absolutely get a chance to defend.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2019, 05:35:49 PM »
A lot of people I've seen seem to be opposed to this, with the argument of "We don't want to watch 11 super strong alpha teams run through the race and make it look easy"

But, that's not really true. Firstly, even if they're all strong alphas, somebody is still going to be eliminated on the first leg. There's still going to be loss and failure, which will make it interesting. Second, the Race is so unpredictable that being the winner of your season doesn't really guarantee much. Uchenna & Joyce didn't have that much of an advantage over the other teams during TAR11.

So yes, I think it would be a great idea. Definitely need to have Rob & Brennan back for it.

Meanwhile, I also want to see TAR: First eliminated edition. The likes of Bilal & Sa'eed, Ari & Staella, Misa & Maiya...maybe even Matt & Ana??
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 07:39:48 PM »
Yes only if they could give us interesting winners like
Brooke & Scott
Colin & Christie
Nat & Kat
Amy & Maya

But not boring ones like
Bates & Anthony
Chris & Alex

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 09:56:37 PM »
TAR: Winners Edition must be saved for the final ever season of TAR

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2019, 10:24:45 PM »
TAR: Winners Edition must be saved for the final ever season of TAR

I hope that won't happen because I don't want TAR to end :'(

I prefer they make it in year 2021 to celebrate the 20th year of TAR since its first air *fingers-crossed*, and make it like Survivor: Cambodia - Second Chance where fans pick which winner teams they want to race again. Also, I wish they include more old seasons of TAR (pre-HD seasons) and no repeaters like Eric & Danielle, Kisha & Jen, Dave & Connor, and Colin & Christie.
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2019, 10:49:50 PM »
Phil did say in his podcast (episode with Rob & Brennan) that the idea isn't too far-fetched. We have a pool of 31 teams to choose from, and if enough of them can be available during the month of filming, we could have an interesting cast, especially since some winners aren't exactly Alpha Teams as some people put it.

My 11 Choices for Winners/Victors Edition:
Rob & Brennan (gained new appreciation for them from interviews more than a decade after their win)
Flo & Zach (although I don't think Zach can join the Race anymore since he's tied with the production or something?)
Chip & Kim (another popular choice, apparently)
The Linz Family (two of them of course)
BJ & Tyler (due to popular demand, though I don't actually like them)
Tammy & Victor
Nat & Kat
Ernie & Cindy
Josh & Brent
Amy & Maya
Brooke & Scott

2 or 3 MM, 2 FF, 5 or 6 MF and 2 Family, 6 Friends, 3 Couple teams

Here's the thing, these teams' story lines were pretty much complete by the end of their respective seasons. Bringing them back seems kinda redundant seeing as they got their "happy ending" already. That's why a First/Early-Outs season or Unfinished Business season for me is much more compelling. These teams either didn't get to Race that far, and will still get to experience the new aspects of the Race is it went on OR they have more to prove this time round. Second Chances season is what I want to call it.
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 04:41:28 AM »
Every winning team I know of except Flo and Zach would come back in an instant.
Some of you may not know this but the idea for such a season came long around season 5 at the dearly departed TWOP forums.
I was the one who had to get clearance for having that thread, and the idea was essentially the brainchild of the season one winners, by request to me to run with it. I wholeheartedly liked the idea then and still do. That discussion went on continuously until season 11 aired.
One subgroup of winners I would exclude would be teams that had already had a returnee season. All past winners should be teams who’ve never been back.
And clearly some teams wouldn’t return or for some real life reason, can’t.
And yes I would include Alex. His Around the World For Free three seasons were phenomenal and ground breaking use of social media of the time as a 24/7 device of filming and streaming made it something unique.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Cyzoran

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2019, 06:23:47 AM »
Rob and Brennan
Rachel and Dave
Brooke and Scott
Kat and Nat
Maya and Amy
BJ and Tyler
Dave and Conner
Nick and Starr
Ernie and Cindy
Two of the Linz's
Chip and Kim
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2019, 08:51:37 AM »
Since they would certainly want some FF teams, I'd say it's safe to assume that all 3 FF winners would be invited back, with the hopes that at least 2 of them would be able to do it.

Rob and Brennan would be absolutely invited back as the first ever winners. That would be cool to see. I could see Dave and Connor invited back as the only parent/child winners. Probably the Beekmans. Probably one of the sibling winners from 13 or 14 (or maybe 2 Linz's, since they were apparently considered for TAR31).

Then there will no doubt be at least 3 or 4 co-ed couples. I'd say Cody and Jessica are locks with their fan following. I think it would be great to see both Chip and Kim and Colin and Christie back. Renew the rivalry! And of course there's other options like Kelsey/Joey, Ernie/Cindy, and Jason/Amy. I would also LOVE to see Flo and Zach back again.

So I will go with something like:

Amy and Maya
Nat and Kat
Rob and Brennan
Josh and Brent
Dave and Connor
Colin and Christie
Chip and Kim
Cody and Jessica
Ernie and Cindy
Flo and Zach
Tammy and Victor

Alternates would be Kisha/Jen if one of the girl teams can't go, Chris and Alex for the guy teams, Kelsey and Joey for one of the couples, and Linz siblings for T/V.

Offline 54generation

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2019, 11:45:16 AM »
I honestly don't want to risk the chance of having Dave and Connor coming back so no thank you.

Offline Traveldude1

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2020, 01:09:46 AM »
I think there's a couple things at play here in regards regards to an All-Winner season

- For starters, many former winners have either broken up or just don't speak to each other anymore. This would be a problem.

- Would they even care to race anymore? This is especially true with Pre- UB winners. The ones who would come back are probably not the most dynamic winners either...

- Are there any winners we'd care to see back? The show has a history of having bland or boring winners. I can think of only 3 or 4 worthwhile teams I'd care to see again.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2020, 01:54:23 AM »
I think the first winning teams would not even consider to come back and compete against so much younger teams.
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2020, 04:51:20 AM »
I know that at least three of the first four winning teams (none of whom have ever returned previously) would come back in a heart beat, because they’ve said so. (Rob and Brennan confirmed this last spring on Phil’s podcast.) If Colin and Christie proved anything besides winning in TAR 32, they proved the early season teams are more than capable of competing under the current rules and format.
-- theschnauzers

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2020, 08:33:44 AM »
I mean if I had my way I’d have...

1. Nat & Kat
2. Bates & Anthony
3. Rob & Brennan
4. Brooke & Scott
5. Tyler & Laura
6. Amy & Maya
7. BJ & Tyler
8. Ernie & Cindy
9. 2 from the Linz Family
10. Megan & Cheyenne
11. Tammy & Victor

I’d love Flo & Zach but just can’t see it happening :(
Also Chip & Kim, but they must be getting on now
I believe all my couples are still together

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2020, 10:04:47 AM »
1. Amy & Maya
2. Nat & Kat     
3. Tammy & Victor
4. Rob & Brennan
5. Colin & Christie
6. Kisha & Jen
7. Linz Family (Either Brother/Brother or Brother/Sister)
8. BJ & Tyler
9. Meghan & Cheyne
10. Cody & Jessica
11. Ernie & Cindy

I'll keep it a balanced cast 5 M/F, 3 M/M & 3 F/F

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2020, 10:07:08 AM »
Phil did say in his podcast (episode with Rob & Brennan) that the idea isn't too far-fetched. We have a pool of 31 teams to choose from, and if enough of them can be available during the month of filming, we could have an interesting cast, especially since some winners aren't exactly Alpha Teams as some people put it.

My 11 Choices for Winners/Victors Edition:
Rob & Brennan (gained new appreciation for them from interviews more than a decade after their win)
Flo & Zach (although I don't think Zach can join the Race anymore since he's tied with the production or something?)
Chip & Kim (another popular choice, apparently)
The Linz Family (two of them of course)
BJ & Tyler (due to popular demand, though I don't actually like them)
Tammy & Victor
Nat & Kat
Ernie & Cindy
Josh & Brent
Amy & Maya
Brooke & Scott

2 or 3 MM, 2 FF, 5 or 6 MF and 2 Family, 6 Friends, 3 Couple teams

Here's the thing, these teams' story lines were pretty much complete by the end of their respective seasons. Bringing them back seems kinda redundant seeing as they got their "happy ending" already. That's why a First/Early-Outs season or Unfinished Business season for me is much more compelling. These teams either didn't get to Race that far, and will still get to experience the new aspects of the Race is it went on OR they have more to prove this time round. Second Chances season is what I want to call it.

While I'd like to see an All-Winners Season. I'm more interested in an Unfinished Business 2.0 or similar to Survivor Cambodia: Second Chances where we get to vote from a pool of teams. I just have so many to choose from.

Offline Lmh1988

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2020, 09:56:08 AM »
While I like the idea of an All Stars/unfinished business season, the teams CBS would choose I’m sure are very different than I would pick. Other than Colin and Christie, CBS usually ignores teams from the earlier seasons and that’s who I would like to see compete again. My picks:

-Rob and Brennan (TAR 1)
- Blake and Paige (TAR 2)
- Kelly & Jon (TAR 4)
- Tian & Jaree (TAR 4)
- Charla & Mirna (TAR 5)
- Linda & Karen (TAR 5)
- Hayden & Aaron (TAR 6)
- Kris & Jon (TAR 6)
- Lena & Kristy (TAR 6)
- Billy & Carissa Gaghan (TAR 8
- Dustin & Kandice (TAR 10)

I would love to see Flo & Zach, but I don’t think they would do the Race again. I would love to see John Vito & Jill and Tara & Wil again as well but they are both long broken up and I’m sure wouldn’t compete again either. Also they could cast Colin & Christie to compete every single season and I would be totally fine with that.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2020, 05:29:31 PM »
Those aren't...winners...?
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Lmh1988

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2020, 06:07:40 PM »
Those aren't...winners...?

My fault, I should have clarified better...earlier someone mentioned that they felt a lot of the winners were too bland for an all-winners season and they would prefer another Unfinished Business season instead, so my comment was going off of that. My bad for the confusion.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2020, 10:51:00 PM »
I don't mind if they can give us the cast of following winners:

TAR31 Colin & Christie
TAR29 Brooke & Scott
TAR25 Amy & Maya
TAR21 Josh & Brent
TAR19 Ernie & Cindy
TAR17 Nat & Kat
TAR14 Tammy & Victor

With the above teams, I can accept having Dave & Connor on it  :lol:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2020, 10:58:04 AM »
First, I don’t believe any winning team that has already run a second race should be included. Second, casting should go back from TAR 1 and go forward from there to include the first 11 willing and available winning teams that had never previously returned.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 06:10:28 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2020, 04:37:16 PM »
I honestly don't want to risk the chance of having Dave and Connor coming back so no thank you.
^This!  :lol:

But yeah, TAR unfortunately doesn't have a lot of dynamic winners. There are much better runners up (2nd and 3rd placers) who could easily fill 11 slots.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2020, 06:02:22 PM »
First, I don’t believe any winning team that has already run a second race should be included. Second, casting should go back from TAR 1 and go forward from there to include the first 11 willing and available winning teams that had never previously returned.

My trouble with that is a.) that automatically disqualifies both Kisha/Jen and Colin/Christie, who I would think are stronger sells for pitching this season, and b.) if we were to give a higher priority to older seasons, we would have potential for S15 levels of gender imbalance with 6 M/M teams being eligible before the first F/F team (possibly 7 if the Linz's are available and choose 2 brothers).

You want a strong season with a diverse cast- teams like Kisha/Jen are needed to help balance the gender ratio, whereas I don't know if we necessarily need Dan/Jordan, Chris/Alex, Riechen/Chip, AND Tyler/James all on one season.

I'd personally want some underdog type teams like Amy/Maya or Josh/Brent to see if they can prove it wasn't a fluke, teams that can grind their way deep into the game by staying consistent like Kisha/Jen or Kelsey/Joey; dominant teams like Bates/Anthony or Colin/Christie to see if they can continue to be top contenders; fun throwbacks like Rob/Brennan or BJ/Tyler; controversial picks like Brooke/Scott or Cody/Jessica.

Get a good mix of new and old, some returning for the first time in over a decade, and some more recent multi-season veterans.  It could prove to be a dynamic season (especially if the teams aren't all getting a sterilized winner's edit).