Author Topic: TAR 32; WHEN will it air?? FALL 2020 +(Emmy SPEC HERE PLEASE)  (Read 33054 times)

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 32; WHEN will it air??
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2019, 12:26:01 PM »
CBS announces Winter 2020 premiere dates. TAR is not on it.
https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=53948

Exactly what I expected. Now wait for TAR33 filming to be rescheduled once again.

Does CBS hate this show? It did amazing during its Winter 2018 run and since then it has been moved to Summer... what a joke.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2019, 12:30:04 PM »
I don't think CBS has been quite as high on TAR since around the time of the failure of Season 24 (which is when they started pushing the producers to do the themes). And now that Moonves is gone, it's even less.

Of the reality big 3, Survivor will always take precedence. That show is CBS' baby.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2019, 12:44:29 PM »

Exactly what I expected. Now wait for TAR33 filming to be rescheduled once again.

Does CBS hate this show? It did amazing during its Winter 2018 run and since then it has been moved to Summer... what a joke.

I wish CBS would just cancel TAR and another chanel would make reboot. Didn't something like this happen with American Idol?

CBS is treating TAR like ****.

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2019, 12:47:08 PM »
Deleted

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2019, 06:37:17 PM »

:furious: :furious: :furious:

I am so pissed that TAR is out of the winter schedule for the third time in four years running since 2016-17. I am sticking with ABC's The Bachelor in January starring Peter Weber as the only reality show I will watch in the early months of 2020. Unlike TAR in recent years, The Bachelor is more successful and does not pretend to cancel that series.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 06:53:48 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2019, 09:06:46 PM »
It sucks, but TAR is a once-a-year show at this point. So regardless of when 32 airs, it wouldn't make a difference in when 33 airs, likely spring or summer 2021 (assuming renewal). So we'll just continue to be patient. My guess is we'll get the initial plan that TAR31 had: Wednesday after survivor 40 finishes.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2019, 09:09:55 PM »
I don't think CBS has been quite as high on TAR since around the time of the failure of Season 24 (which is when they started pushing the producers to do the themes). And now that Moonves is gone, it's even less.

Of the reality big 3, Survivor will always take precedence. That show is CBS' baby.

I do have to wonder if Moonves was helpful in championing this show. TAR 30 was successful enough to get 2 seasons ordered. I have a hard time believing they planned on sitting on 32 for 18 months. So the new regime is what has relegated TAR to backup duty as they try to find other hits.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2019, 12:26:07 AM »
Well, of course I'm not happy about this. However, for the past 2-3 years, this is what we have got...

We shouldn't panic though. TAR32 WILL air and TAR33 WILL film. Even if this show is coming to an end, then at least we get to see 2 more great seasons of the show we all love!

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2019, 04:54:39 AM »
It must be so annoying for the contestants to not be able to talk about it for a year and a half.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2019, 12:12:40 PM »
I'm going with Phil's "early 2020" until we hear more.

Phil's not CBS, so I'm pretty "I'll believe it when I see it" toward that statement.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2019, 02:52:27 AM »
Spring or Summer 2020, one year away from TAR 31
Swarm stupidity

Offline Jetsrule128

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2019, 07:49:21 AM »
Do they really want Amazing Race USA AND Amazing Race Canada airing at the same time?

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2019, 11:36:06 AM »
Once a year TAR for me is okay... There are other versions to fill my heart.  :'( And they can pool the budget to make seasons better!  :jam:

Also I'm thinking CBS could rotate between the 3 big Reality-Comp shows every year like this:

September to December - Survivor
January to March - The Amazing Race
March to June - Survivor
June to September - Big Brother

Maybe they could market this like a reality-competition time slot, though I don't know if they've tried this before...
MAYBE they could even make the finales of each one lead in to the premieres of the next one...
But honestly the thing that makes this very unlikely is CBS having to push Survivor from late Feb to Late March  >:(
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 12:01:57 PM by Karpov617 »
I'm gonna fight 'em all
A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2019, 12:06:59 AM »
Once a year TAR for me is okay... There are other versions to fill my heart.  :'( And they can pool the budget to make seasons better!  :jam:

Also I'm thinking CBS could rotate between the 3 big Reality-Comp shows every year like this:

March to June - Survivor

Maybe they could market this like a reality-competition time slot, though I don't know if they've tried this before...
MAYBE they could even make the finales of each one lead in to the premieres of the next one...
But honestly the thing that makes this very unlikely is CBS having to push Survivor from late Feb to Late March  >:(
That's actually a great idea.
They did stumble upon that schedule this year when they were able to pair the TAR31 finale with the BB premiere. And of course, they always pair the BB finale with the Fall Survivor premiere.

It'll be interesting to see what CBS does with Survivor. With the controversy (which I don't really know much about) and also declining ratings, could they cut Survivor to once a year also? Then TAR could be in the Spring, Survivor in the Fall and BB in the Summer.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2019, 03:45:29 AM »

March to June - Survivor

Survivor is usually sometimes premiere in February as over within 2 1/2 months hiatus from December every year since 2002.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2019, 10:15:35 AM »

March to June - Survivor

Survivor is usually sometimes premiere in February as over within 2 1/2 months hiatus from December every year since 2002.

Yeah  :'( that's why I think that scheme is unlikely. I think CBS would be unwilling to even move Survivor around.
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2019, 01:43:37 PM »

March to June - Survivor

That's actually a great idea.
They did stumble upon that schedule this year when they were able to pair the TAR31 finale with the BB premiere. And of course, they always pair the BB finale with the Fall Survivor premiere.

It'll be interesting to see what CBS does with Survivor. With the controversy (which I don't really know much about) and also declining ratings, could they cut Survivor to once a year also? Then TAR could be in the Spring, Survivor in the Fall and BB in the Summer.

Survivor is CBS' #1 show right now. They aren't going to touch it.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2019, 01:55:05 PM »
We understand that Survivor is CBS' #1 reality series in nearly 20 years. As I posted earlier, sometimes it does premiere late in March, with September and February are the usual premiere dates since Thailand.

Offline albegrato

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2019, 06:57:26 AM »
WHAT IF season 32 premieres in January and airs until early February. AND THEN takes a few months off before pick back up in May with the finale in mid June?

It's just sad that Survivor already has a premiere date while a season of TAR has been shelved for over a year now :'( really shows who their favorites are...
I'm gonna fight 'em all

Online kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2019, 01:55:58 PM »
Survivor has always had consistent higher ratings.  If it's a game of favourites, CBS plays favourites for shows with more viewers.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2019, 04:30:04 PM »
WHAT IF season 32 premieres in January and airs until early February. AND THEN takes a few months off before pick back up in May with the finale in mid June?

It's just sad that Survivor already has a premiere date while a season of TAR has been shelved for over a year now :'( really shows who their favorites are...

Survivor already has a premiere date in due in large part to it being season 40 and being an all-winners season (granted, it would probably have a premiere date regardless)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2019, 11:08:52 PM »

Survivor already has a premiere date in due in large part to it being season 40 and being an all-winners season (granted, it would probably have a premiere date regardless)

We already know that CBS hasn't still announced the premiere date for TAR 32, perhaps it will be around March/April if any of new show will be cancelled. Fingers crossed for prayer circle.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2019, 05:55:45 PM »
When does CBS announce the spring schedule?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2019, 11:09:55 AM »
When does CBS announce the spring schedule?

Whenever they want.   :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2019, 10:07:19 PM »
This season has been over for such a long time. I can't wait for it to air
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan