Author Topic: TAR 32; WHEN will it air?? FALL 2020 +(Emmy SPEC HERE PLEASE)  (Read 33064 times)

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 32; WHEN will it air??
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2019, 06:36:13 PM »
Survivor pulled a 1.4 this past Wednesday, and SEAL Team lost 50% of that lead in, pulling a 0.7. All Rise is taking on water fast and it's not owned by CBS, so they're not gonna put up with a new show, with no buzz, pulling in a 0.6. All Rise is going against MNF, but Progidal Son pulled a .8 compared to All Rise's .6.

CBS today ordered 'back' orders (aka full season orders) of all 5 of it's new shows (Evil, All rise, Carols second act, Unicorn, and Bob loves Abishola). So none of those shows are going anywhere for a while (plus Evil was renewed for a second season).

SEAL team is in its 3rd season, so it's not going anywhere either. 4 seasons/88 episodes is a magic number for shows to get sold to syndication, so once it makes season 3, a renewal for 4 is exceedingly likely.

They still have Macgyver as well as criminal minds and a new drama waiting on the bench along with TAR. I'd be surprised if we see TAR 32 before the spring if I'm being honest. But on the other hand, they're not sitting on 2 new awful reality shows that they're trying to promote like last year, so maybe we'll get lucky and get a winter spot.

In the past couple years, CBS has laid out their winter/spring schedules in the last week of November, so we should know more then hopefully. 29 and 31 were both announced at this time and eventually moved up a bit to replace struggling newcomers. 30's January date was also announced then.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 06:22:32 AM by TheRabbi »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2019, 04:02:19 AM »
I heard there was a lot of consternation over the Emmy eligibility with 31.

So my guess is 32 will air early enough or have enough double eps to get us done in time to be able to include all EPS in the Emmy choices.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2019, 07:34:55 AM »
With Madam Secretary in it's final season (and it's a short season at that - it will be over by December), I wonder if they would consider putting TAR back in its Sunday home for the spring. They could move the other shows God Friended Me and NCIS LA back to 9 and 10 pm. Just a thought. It's one of the few timeslots that will be open.

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2019, 12:57:54 PM »
Sunday at 8pm will be great
December is also what TAR AUS stayed that S32 will premier in 2019

Offline OooohMeredith

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2019, 08:06:22 PM »
Survivor pulled a 1.4 this past Wednesday, and SEAL Team lost 50% of that lead in, pulling a 0.7. All Rise is taking on water fast and it's not owned by CBS, so they're not gonna put up with a new show, with no buzz, pulling in a 0.6. All Rise is going against MNF, but Progidal Son pulled a .8 compared to All Rise's .6.

CBS today ordered 'back' orders (aka full season orders) of all 5 of it's new shows (Evil, All rise, Carols second act, Unicorn, and Bob loves Abishola). So none of those shows are going anywhere for a while (plus Evil was renewed for a second season).

SEAL team is in its 3rd season, so it's not going anywhere either. 4 seasons/88 episodes is a magic number for shows to get sold to syndication, so once it makes season 3, a renewal for 4 is exceedingly likely.

They still have Macgyver as well as criminal minds and a new drama waiting on the bench along with TAR. I'd be surprised if we see TAR 32 before the spring if I'm being honest. But on the other hand, they're not sitting on 2 new awful reality shows that they're trying to promote like last year, so maybe we'll get lucky and get a winter spot.

In the past couple years, CBS has laid out their winter/spring schedules in the last week of November, so we should know more then hopefully. 29 and 31 were both announced at this time and eventually moved up a bit to replace struggling newcomers. 30's January date was also announced then.

Agreed, SEAL Team is going nowhere, but it pulled a 0.6 this week. Good lord that's horrendous. I think the preferred cutoff for syndication is 5 seasons/100 episodes, so it will be on one more season at least.

Evil was already renewed for a second seson, All Rise only got a partial back order of 5 episodes.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2019, 01:10:41 PM »

Agreed, SEAL Team is going nowhere, but it pulled a 0.6 this week. Good lord that's horrendous. I think the preferred cutoff for syndication is 5 seasons/100 episodes, so it will be on one more season at least.

Evil was already renewed for a second seson, All Rise only got a partial back order of 5 episodes.

Syndication can be done at 88 episodes now fwiw.

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2019, 02:21:35 PM »
MacGyver has been picked up for 22 eps and will premiere in January according to one of its stars.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2019, 06:30:14 AM »
From Phil's IG yesterday!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2019, 06:52:32 AM »
From Phil's IG yesterday!

CBS will have an open spot to fill on Sundays, Wednesdays at 8, and Thursdays at 10 in January. Hopefully TAR gets one of those slots!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2019, 07:01:56 PM »
When does SUrvivor start? Because Wed at 8 is taken... SUndays would be fine...I think they learned their lesson about10PM...that is what first tanked us...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2019, 11:41:10 AM »
When does SUrvivor start? Because Wed at 8 is taken... SUndays would be fine...I think they learned their lesson about10PM...that is what first tanked us...

Survivor usually returns at the end of February. That slot will be open for about 8 weeks.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2019, 02:06:04 PM »
Guess we’ll see it in the open spot in Jan/Feb

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2019, 11:04:09 AM »
A new CBS show called Game On will air for 8 episodes in 2020. Filming is set to begin on 11/11 so maybe this will launch in January?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2019, 11:22:03 AM »
A new CBS show called Game On will air for 8 episodes in 2020. Filming is set to begin on 11/11 so maybe this will launch in January?

CBS ORDERS “GAME ON!,” A NEW SPORTS COMEDY ENTERTAINMENT SERIES FROM EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS JAMES CORDEN AND BEN WINSTON

No telling how long this will take to film...or when/if it will air....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2019, 01:02:01 PM »

CBS ORDERS “GAME ON!,” A NEW SPORTS COMEDY ENTERTAINMENT SERIES FROM EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS JAMES CORDEN AND BEN WINSTON

No telling how long this will take to film...or when/if it will air....

The list of taping dates are here:
https://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/GAME_ON

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2019, 01:46:37 PM »
New show sounds more like a summer filler show to me.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2019, 01:53:55 PM »
Or a 7:30 fill in...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2019, 02:01:34 PM »
When the midseason schedule is supposed to be revealed?

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2019, 05:10:14 PM »
When the midseason schedule is supposed to be revealed?

CBS usually announces it during the last week of November. It was released 11/26 last year.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2019, 05:48:38 PM »
Thanks jb542.

I am honestly not getting my hopes up with TAR anymore so I am not very optimistic about TAR32 being in january schedule.

We were hoping TAR 31 will be aired in january 2019, not happened.
Then we were hoping for TAR 32 being in fall 2019 schedule, not happened.
Casting site told us about TAR33 being filmed in summer 2019, then we were told october/november were more realistic, and we endup with no TAR being filmed in year for the first time...

So i still think TAR32 will be aired in summer 2020. Would love to be proven wrong.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2019, 07:21:30 PM »
Usually that I think TAR 32 will be in midseason schedule to compete with ABC dating reality show The Bachelor starring Peter Weber. Prove that it will be part in the midseason and pray for the airing schedule around January to Februrary/March.

JMO

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2019, 07:57:07 PM »
There is also no announcement regarding CBB3, so there are slots to be filled. TAR did well in January (for S30), so I think that works in its favour.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2019, 03:54:53 AM »
I'm going with Phil's "early 2020" until we hear more.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2019, 12:12:50 PM »
CBS announces Winter 2020 premiere dates. TAR is not on it.
https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=53948

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2019, 12:19:10 PM »
CBS announces Winter 2020 premiere dates. TAR is not on it.
https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=53948

Exactly what I expected. Now wait for TAR33 filming to be rescheduled once again.