Author Topic: TAR 33 ORIGINAL PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)  (Read 106918 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 33 PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)
« Reply #400 on: December 30, 2020, 11:55:40 AM »
I don't have much more info than y'all do.  I think previous plans could be altered.

But I do know we are approaching a YEAR since this started and could easily be 18+ months before they can film. Who knows what will happen? Will the cast be available? Want to continue?  Are the countries they hoped to visit now on lockdown? What countries would welcome us? WIll there ever be self driving ? Will all vehicles/taxis etc be provided? SO many variables.

I am eager to seee how the TAR AUstralia season plays out.

I think our route will be completely reformatted. Too many places are now off-limits.

I think the choices are to continue with same cast (IF AVAILABLE) starting with the next leg.

If not, they can add this remaining cast into the upcoming say... next three races.

There are always alternatives.

Right now we  pretty much KNOW nothing except TPTB want TAR to continue.

So speculate. But please have some reasonably info to base it on. WISHLIST routes go to that thread.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #401 on: December 30, 2020, 04:52:26 PM »
The US has already fallen behind its vaccination plan and the EU says it's gonna be September before everyone there has it so we might be looking more at Fall filming.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #402 on: December 30, 2020, 08:55:47 PM »
The US has already fallen behind its vaccination plan and the EU says it's gonna be September before everyone there has it so we might be looking more at Fall filming.
The US military general in charge of overseeing COVID-19 vaccine distribution has said this week, that’s return to near normalcy is only possible with a perfect vaccination program in the US. And that would be miraculous. Remember Murphy’s law. And remember Murphy was an optimist.
-- theschnauzers

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #403 on: January 01, 2021, 03:30:22 PM »
NO SPOILERS PLEASE
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 08:50:55 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #404 on: January 01, 2021, 06:18:31 PM »

Spoilers removed

I think if/when the reason resumes with the same cast, this will be one of the most interesting seasons to watch from an inter-team dynamic to seeing how they shift from the first few episodes, to the later episodes. It would make for fascinating television, in my opinion. All we'd need to do is make sure the editors/producers lean into this and don't just gloss over it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 08:53:34 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #405 on: January 01, 2021, 06:32:14 PM »

I think if/when the reason resumes with the same cast, this will be one of the most interesting seasons to watch from an inter-team dynamic to seeing how they shift from the first few episodes, to the later episodes. It would make for fascinating television, in my opinion. All we'd need to do is make sure the editors/producers lean into this and don't just gloss over it.
I've been watching since TAR 13 and one think I know about the Amazing Race is that the producers will overplay it to the point of annoyance.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 11:06:43 PM by redskevin88 »

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #406 on: January 01, 2021, 08:26:18 PM »

Honestly... it will be wierd.. I kind of wish they start again with new teams (or 2-3 teams max of tar33 on the next 2-3 races) because like you said it will change everything. Teams will have the time to think about what worked, what didn't, and they will know what to work on and how to be better.
Idk I just think it would be easier to recast the whole thing.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 08:54:48 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #407 on: January 01, 2021, 08:59:47 PM »
GUYS.

ONE MORE TIME.

NO 33 SPOILERS ARE ALLOWED.

Speculation and Discussion on the future are allowed.

KNOWN SPOILERS ARE BEING WITHHELD TO PREVENT ANY POSSIBLE INTERFERENCE WITH RESUMING THE RACE.

Info shared by production in the media is okay.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #408 on: January 01, 2021, 11:54:08 PM »
Oooh yeah, that could really make for a special season! In a positive sense, hopefully.
I hope they do manage to get the same teams. Or if someone drops out, maybe let a team that got eliminated on the last filmed leg, continue racing? Kinda like when Dave & Connor withdrew in TAR22, or how Zev & Justin's lost passports allowed Maria & Tiffany to continue racing when they should've been eliminated.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #409 on: January 02, 2021, 05:07:04 PM »
When was the last time they went to Japan and didn’t stay in Tokyo?

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #410 on: January 02, 2021, 05:09:58 PM »

Season 20 didn’t go to Tokyo

Season 26 went to Tokyo for a leg and somewhere else for a second leg (I forgot where)

Offline Nuku

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #411 on: January 02, 2021, 05:23:47 PM »

Season 20 didn’t go to Tokyo

Season 26 went to Tokyo for a leg and somewhere else for a second leg (I forgot where)

nagano

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #412 on: January 02, 2021, 07:51:45 PM »
So yeah, they could get two legs out of Kyoto or Osaka easily without re-treading anything.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #413 on: January 07, 2021, 07:42:22 PM »
Do y'all think they'd go to Poland now given the political situation?

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #414 on: January 09, 2021, 10:25:38 PM »

What situation?
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #415 on: January 16, 2021, 08:51:16 PM »

What situation?
Just general democratic backsliding. I also wouldn’t be surprised if they miss India and/or Brazil for the same reason. Was just curious because there’s a lot of Central Europe they’ve missed.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #416 on: January 16, 2021, 08:52:34 PM »
Israel is on track to have everyone vaccinated for COVID by the beginning of Q2. Could we finally get a visit? Especially now that they’ve normalized relationships with a lot of their neighbors, which makes traveling easier
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 10:12:02 PM by cerealking »

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #417 on: February 03, 2021, 03:21:42 PM »
I wonder if it's proven that the vaccine stops/slows down transmission (which is looking like the case, particularly the Oxford one) if some of the middle income countries would be put back on the table if they're able to pick back up in the fall.

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #418 on: February 03, 2021, 08:27:30 PM »
Even if that turns out to be the case (I don’t know the science behind it), I feel like they would play it more safe in developed countries.

Offline Nuku

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #419 on: February 03, 2021, 08:32:57 PM »
Any speculation of doing domestic?

even though would be safer to just avoid USA at this point LOL!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #420 on: February 03, 2021, 09:07:33 PM »
No one is yet certain of the long term efficacy of the different COVID-19 vaccines, individually or collectively.. They’re using medically modeling and genetic sequencing of literally hundreds of thousands of samples. The one issue that has rather spectacularly emerged is the variants and mutations that continue to emerge, and the possiblity that the various vaccines may not prove fully effective against some of them.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Jjw26

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #421 on: February 05, 2021, 01:57:27 AM »

Elsie Doganieri and Bertram said in an interview back in December that a domestic season isn't going to happen (although anything can change tbh)

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #422 on: February 06, 2021, 06:06:27 PM »
Another question is whether they’d visit counties using the Chinese and Russian vaccines. The UAE is only behind Israel in per capita but they’re using the Chinese one. There’s still not a lot of data available about it. The show goes to the UAE a lot too. The Russian vaccine has some good data come out about it but the Chinese one remains a mystery. Then again, if they’re able to get filming done some time this year, the data might be published.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Israel gets its first visit both due to their vaccination success and that they’ve established relationships with more countries of late which makes traveling there easier.

Offline Lmh1988

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #423 on: February 06, 2021, 10:01:11 PM »

Elsie Doganieri and Bertram said in an interview back in December that a domestic season isn't going to happen (although anything can change tbh)

Yeah, honestly doing a domestic only version would actually probably be far riskier at this point as opposed to pinpointing countries that have it under control. I’m hopeful that maybe within the next six months they can start filming back up but time will tell.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #424 on: February 06, 2021, 10:42:05 PM »

Yeah, honestly doing a domestic only version would actually probably be far riskier at this point as opposed to pinpointing countries that have it under control. I’m hopeful that maybe within the next six months they can start filming back up but time will tell.

IMO whether or not they can film this year will be dependent on if/when it becomes clear that the shots really do slow down or stop transmission. Things are looking good so far but more data time is needed. Some countries are already lifting travel restrictions if you can prove you’re vaccinated but this show takes a small army to film so I don’t imagine everyone involved will be vaccinated before the summer.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 10:47:39 PM by cerealking »