Author Topic: TAR 33 ORIGINAL PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)  (Read 107533 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Re: TAR 33 PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)
« Reply #350 on: December 20, 2020, 12:41:49 PM »
Sounds like the TAR producers may've been listening to this season's criticisms after all :D

Bert & Elise are mulling over new alliance-stemming rules for next season - https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2020/12/amazing-race-32-producers-interview
Just going to highlight this excerpt in the interview that I wanted to reiterate about the loopholes in tasks:
“I’m going to be really honest with you,” Doganieri told me. “I think we’re going to have to put a rule on that in the future.”

“It does take the thrill out of it a little bit for me because these are not group challenges for 11 teams to participate in [as] a group."

The rappelling challenge in Germany, which required teams to notice letters on a rooftop and then unscramble them, was effectively neutered by teams sharing the answer to the puzzle part, and I mentioned that.

“Like you said, we put a lot of work months and months of research development, scouting, challenge decisions being made. It is a little frustrating to watch when somebody is giving information to another contestant, and the other team is not getting that information because then to me, it starts to affect what maybe should have been a little bit of a different outcome,” Doganieri said.

She said it’d likely be the latter: “We wouldn’t want somebody just share information with another team. It might be challenge-specific, because sometimes we might want them to work with a group.”

Doganieri also said that the idea of alliances more broadly isn’t something that troubles her.

“I don’t mind the alliances—I think there’s something really exciting about that, and when other teams don’t even know there’s an alliance or they think that they’re part of an alliance,” she said. “I like all that intrigue; I think that’s kind of fun. But, you know, helping a team that might be struggling because you want them to advance over another team? I think we have to look at that, and I don’t know what the answer to that as yet, but it’s definitely something we’re going to look at.”

The questions asked by Andy hit the nail on the head. Answered all the questions I had overall. :tup:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #351 on: December 20, 2020, 01:52:37 PM »
Yes, it was a good interview. And seeing Elise's comments was mostly reassuring. I say mostly because I don't want to expect too much lol

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #352 on: December 21, 2020, 09:40:27 AM »
I feel like they think Alliances are fine (which they are) because it does help create a bit of Drama.

I'm sure if they just add a rule (remind the teams at the beginning and also on the clues) that sharing ANSWERS to a challenge is forbidden, it would be a game changer
Teams would still be able to 'help' each other, by pointing the right direction from where they got the clue, or ask each other questions, help with flights, etc.

But by adding just that one rule, we wouldn't have a situation of Berlin/Manila again. Because team would be penalize if they share the correct answer to another team.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #353 on: December 21, 2020, 09:48:51 AM »
I feel like they think Alliances are fine (which they are) because it does help create a bit of Drama.

I'm sure if they just add a rule (remind the teams at the beginning and also on the clues) that sharing ANSWERS to a challenge is forbidden, it would be a game changer
Teams would still be able to 'help' each other, by pointing the right direction from where they got the clue, or ask each other questions, help with flights, etc.

But by adding just that one rule, we wouldn't have a situation of Berlin/Manila again. Because team would be penalize if they share the correct answer to another team.

Yeah, alliances are fine imo as long as they don’t get into blatant answer sharing. Or limit the amount of teams in one. Five just doesn’t make sense.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #354 on: December 26, 2020, 05:44:10 PM »
They are going to start with vaccination in all EU countries tomorrow...

I think TAR33 may be europe heavy season because of it. They will probably visit South America as well. My guess would be first 3 legs in UK, then 4 legs in South America and then 4 legs in Europe.

They are definitely skipping Africa.

Asia? Idk, maybe some more developed countries like UAE, Singapur, Japan or South Korea? But I still can't see them staying in overcrowded metropolitan cities for safety reason.

I still think Australia & New Zealand (and also Canada) are uninteresting countries from producer standpoint because they are just too similiar to US.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #355 on: December 26, 2020, 07:36:34 PM »
There are still unanswered questions because of the newly confirmed COVID-19 variant which is spreading and has been detected on several continents. It is still not known how wel the vaccines will work against this particular variant, and it appears to spread 50 to 70 percent faster than the current COVID-19 mutation that was first detected in March and which itself spread much faster than the original strain.

There are still a lot of unknowns about the other vaccines being promoted in Russia and China, and how quickly vaccine distribution and administration will take place in various places in much of the world outside of Europe and North America. So I’d be very cautious about time frame predictions for resuming filming of season 33.
-- theschnauzers

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #356 on: December 26, 2020, 08:27:49 PM »

I think TAR33 may be europe heavy season because of it. They will probably visit South America as well. My guess would be first 3 legs in UK, then 4 legs in South America and then 4 legs in Europe.

Asia? Idk, maybe some more developed countries like UAE, Singapur, Japan or South Korea? But I still can't see them staying in overcrowded metropolitan cities for safety reason.

I still think Australia & New Zealand (and also Canada) are uninteresting countries from producer standpoint because they are just too similiar to US.

As more probably to be a 6-continent race route, BVM stated in the Yahoo interview (in addition to UK and Sweden; UK will be 2 legs and Sweden as the 3rd leg) the proposed countries are Austria/Italy, Vietnam, Indonesia and a penultimate leg in South America in an eastward route from Oceania (Australia). Africa is more likely to be visited.

All just my opinion
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 02:29:35 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #357 on: December 26, 2020, 09:05:38 PM »
I made what I thought would be a realistic route for the rest of 33 but won’t post it out of fear I’d someone mess things up if I’m accurate

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #358 on: December 26, 2020, 09:12:52 PM »

Yeah, I’d think if they decide to tweak the route so they can finish, they’ll stick to smaller and medium sized developed countries. I read that Australia isn’t starting its vaccine program until March since it’s summer there now and they’re doing well regardless.

I also agree that they don’t really go to Oceania and Canada because they’re just too similar to the US. Australia and NZ are so geographically isolated that you almost have to do three legs between them and that’s three legs in English speaking countries. The UK is much easier to get in and out of as far as English speaking countries go.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 09:17:32 PM by cerealking »

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #359 on: December 26, 2020, 09:17:52 PM »
I would think they would visit Australia for this season because we have been wanting them to visit Melbourne, Tasmania, and a revisit to Cairns, Brisbane, Perth, etc.

I think a route could be:
Leg 1: (United States --> England)
Leg 2: (England --> Scotland)
Leg 3: (Scotland --> Sweden)
Leg 4: (Sweden --> Austria)
Leg 5: (Austria --> Singapore)
Leg 6: (Singapore --> South Korea)
Leg 7: (South Korea --> Japan)
Leg 8: (Japan --> Australia)
Leg 9: (Australia)
Leg 10: (Australia --> New Zealand)
Leg 11: (New Zealand --> Chile or Argentina)
Leg 12: (Chile or Argentina --> United States)

I think that Chile would be the option however I would love a Mendoza, Argentina, meat eating switchback. Also, us fans are loving the no double leg countries however I would love to have two Australian cities visited.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 07:41:56 PM by LandonM170 »

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #360 on: December 26, 2020, 09:19:36 PM »
I made what I thought would be a realistic route for the rest of 33 but won’t post it out of fear I’d someone mess things up if I’m accurate
POST IT!!!! I want to see it, or atleast pm it to me!

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #361 on: December 27, 2020, 12:47:15 AM »
I would think they would visit Australia for this season because we have been wanting them to visit Melbourne, Tasmania, and a revisit to Cairns, Brisbane, Perth, etc.

Leg 12: (Chile --> Argentina --> United States)

I think that Chile would be the option however I would love a Mendoza, Argentina, meat eating switchback. Also, us fans are loving the no double leg countries however I would love to have two Australian cities visited.

I was freaking out about posting my route but then a similar one is posted  :lol: (though mine is more specific)

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #362 on: December 27, 2020, 01:59:07 AM »
Would love to have these instead.
The Amazing Race 33
Starting Leg: St. Louis, Missouri, USA 🇺🇸
Leg 1: USA > London, England, U.K. 🇬🇧
Leg 2: England > Glasgow, Scotland, U.K. 🇬🇧
Leg 3: U.K. > Stockholm, Sweden 🇸🇪
Leg 4: Sweden > Riga, Latvia 🇱🇻
Leg 5: Latvia > Salzburg, Austria 🇦🇹
Leg 6: Salzburg, Austria 🇦🇹
Leg 7: Austria > Da Nang, Vietnam 🇻🇳
Leg 8: Vietnam > Auckland, New Zealand 🇳🇿
Leg 9: New Zealand > Hobart, Tasmania, Australia 🇦🇺
Leg 10: Australia > Montevideo, Uruguay 🇺🇾
Leg 11: Uruguay > La Paz, Bolivia 🇧🇴
Leg 12: Bolivia > Indianapolis, Indiana, USA 🇺🇸

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #363 on: December 27, 2020, 08:52:04 AM »
If you can manage a 33/34 route that is politically and medically and ACTUALLY possible then feel free to post it here.
But provide proof of Americans and a worldwide production team being able to obtain visas.

Otherwise WISHLISTS live here: https://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15213.0.html   :kuss:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #364 on: December 27, 2020, 07:47:10 PM »

I was freaking out about posting my route but then a similar one is posted  :lol: (though mine is more specific)
Was going to respond to the route you pmed me, but your inbox is full.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #365 on: December 27, 2020, 07:53:12 PM »

Was going to respond to the route you pmed me, but your inbox is full.

Inbox is open now. Sorry about that lol

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #366 on: December 27, 2020, 09:45:08 PM »
Aus remains on lockdown.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #367 on: December 28, 2020, 10:27:44 AM »
Aus remains on lockdown.
And they’re not rolling out the vaccine until March

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #368 on: December 28, 2020, 02:11:29 PM »
Aus remains on lockdown.
If what I think will happen is true (that they will starting filming around June/July 2021) then I would assume that Australia would be good to go. I see them getting through everyone by June.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #369 on: December 28, 2020, 03:12:52 PM »
Aus remains on lockdown.
If what I think will happen is true (that they will starting filming around June/July 2021) then I would assume that Australia would be good to go. I see them getting through everyone by June.
But then it'd be winter there and they don't usually go to wintery places unless there's outdoorsy stuff to do like perennial favorite Switzerland. I'd think if they're able to film by Northern Hemisphere summer and it looks like they can get two filmed next year, they'll hold off on Aus until then. NZ has cool wintery stuff to do tho.

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #370 on: December 28, 2020, 06:07:57 PM »
Aus remains on lockdown.
But then it'd be winter there and they don't usually go to wintery places unless there's outdoorsy stuff to do like perennial favorite Switzerland. I'd think if they're able to film by Northern Hemisphere summer and it looks like they can get two filmed next year, they'll hold off on Aus until then. NZ has cool wintery stuff to do tho.
Oh yeah, forgot about that, but to be honest I would love a winter Australia visit because it is something different. Also, Australia is English speaking country, so the cold would add some sort of difficulty to it being a similar country to the US.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #371 on: December 28, 2020, 07:41:28 PM »
Aus remains on lockdown.

this isn't even true like 100k people out of 25 million are in lockdown and there were *three* community-transmitted cases yesterday - not only would it be painfully easy just to avoid nsw if for some reason in *six months* we cannot get our community transmission down from three to zero, but an australia visit would also be much safer than basically all other countries listed in that potential route, as they are all seeing covid cases spike, some significantly, other than new zealand and singapore

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #372 on: December 28, 2020, 08:07:48 PM »
That’s the tricky part about speculating for it and planning for it. The covid cases can rise out of seemingly nowhere

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #373 on: December 28, 2020, 08:19:18 PM »
Aus remains on lockdown.
Oh yeah, forgot about that, but to be honest I would love a winter Australia visit because it is something different. Also, Australia is English speaking country, so the cold would add some sort of difficulty to it being a similar country to the US.
It seems like this is/was a Europe heavy season and they should be at the vaccination level for herd immunity for the summer. We also know about Indonesia and Vietnam but I don’t see either one of those happening if they’re hoping to shoot by June or July. Mid income countries are looking at another year of this. They’d probably be able to swap them out for a developed Asian country like Japan or SK easily enough tho.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #374 on: December 28, 2020, 09:42:54 PM »
One thing that should not be forgotten is the fact that a lot of production and crew also travel with the teams in filming. I iRC, Bertram has said in interviews that it would be impossible to resume filming as long as COVID-19 is a threat in air travel as well as not dealing with the possibility of resurgence of the coronavirus.
Getting vaccine derived immunity widespread enough to give rise to this globally might take all of 2021.
-- theschnauzers