Author Topic: TAR 33 ORIGINAL PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)  (Read 108118 times)

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 33 PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)
« Reply #325 on: December 02, 2020, 02:03:54 PM »
I'm thinking they won't be filming before at LEAST fall 2021, and even then it will be only in countries where more than half the population is vaccinated, and the whole cast and crew as well.

If they continue after the 3 legs that they already have, I'm expecting some legs in countries that are more safe (Australia and New Zealand would work well now, but would depend of the restriction coming in. Two legs in Canada would work  also, like one in Québec city to be a bit foreign, and maybe one in Atlantic Canada or Vancouver).

Quebec would be cool. There’s still a lot of Canada they’ve never been to and if they went there, they’d get a different flair.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #326 on: December 02, 2020, 02:20:56 PM »
The question mark about the vaccines at this point is that we don’t know if it stops you from transmitting it. That’s just gonna take some time so I agree that we’re looking at maybe next summer at the earliest but probably not until the fall or winter. Richer countries should be looking at being mostly back to normal by May but middle income countries are looking at another year of this. Then again CBS has deep pockets and money talks. They could always work out some kind of deal with middle income countries they frequent’s (like Vietnam) tourism ministries to go there if they vaccinate the locals /test /what have you because they need the money and it’s advertising to get their tourism back up for summer ‘22.

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #327 on: December 02, 2020, 09:01:41 PM »
I think at our absolute luckiest, the season resumes filming by the summer of 2021 and airs in Fall 2021 coupled with the return of Survivor.

At our absolute unluckiest, the series gets cancelled.

Take your pick!

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #328 on: December 03, 2020, 05:27:09 PM »
This is some sort of route I could see working if they scrap 33:

Start- Quebec, Canada / 2x  Japan leg / Busan, SK/ Singapore / Auckland, NZ / 2x Australia /  Germany / Austria/  Boston

It's still four continents

Online LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #329 on: December 03, 2020, 06:21:28 PM »

Start- Quebec, Canada / 2x  Japan leg / Busan, SK/ Singapore / Auckland, NZ / 2x Australia /  Germany / Austria/  Boston

I love this route however going from Australia to Germany is a very long jump that I don't know could happen. I could see Australia to South Africa, or Australia to somewhere in the Middle East, but I don't know about Europe. This is just my opinion.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #330 on: December 03, 2020, 06:51:48 PM »
Maybe one silver lining about a restart on filming this season is that production's gotten the chance to see the verbal thrashing season 32's gotten online and will implement some improvements to 33. They'll realize that clearly the current season's ideas aren't winning the audience over.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #331 on: December 03, 2020, 07:30:33 PM »

I love this route however going from Australia to Germany is a very long jump that I don't know could happen. I could see Australia to South Africa, or Australia to somewhere in the Middle East, but I don't know about Europe. This is just my opinion.

Yeah, I had that thought too. Maybe cut out one of the Asia legs and go from Australia to somewhere in the Middle East.

Offline kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #332 on: December 04, 2020, 01:14:46 PM »

This would have to be a long way down the line for the Canada leg; Quebec has had one of the highest case-loads of COVID in all of Canada since the start of everything (more than Ontario and Alberta).  It won't be a contender for a go-to destination for a fair chunk of time.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #333 on: December 05, 2020, 10:03:19 AM »

This would have to be a long way down the line for the Canada leg; Quebec has had one of the highest case-loads of COVID in all of Canada since the start of everything (more than Ontario and Alberta).  It won't be a contender for a go-to destination for a fair chunk of time.

That's true, but for the second wave, Quebec is doing better than Alberta and Ontario. And the city of Quebec itself is doing fine. The safest would be a leg in Quebec and maybe a Leg in Atlantic Canada

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #334 on: December 05, 2020, 03:53:50 PM »

That's true, but for the second wave, Quebec is doing better than Alberta and Ontario. And the city of Quebec itself is doing fine. The safest would be a leg in Quebec and maybe a Leg in Atlantic Canada
I'm mostly going off of four legs in English speaking countries being boring.

Online LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #335 on: December 05, 2020, 04:07:51 PM »

Actually five including the final leg. Canada, New Zealand, Australia (two legs), and United States.

I'm mostly going off of four legs in English speaking countries being boring.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #336 on: December 12, 2020, 06:02:44 AM »
This is not a wishlist thread, guys! Go discuss on what destinations are going to be in it in the discussion topic.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #337 on: December 12, 2020, 06:48:19 AM »
Any news? UK started with vaccination recently, not sure about US.

Is resume within 1st half of 2021 possible?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #338 on: December 13, 2020, 08:51:15 AM »

I think they may be proceding under that impression. However, it is too soon TBD. Worldwide many countries are locked down.   The vaccine is still a bit unknown as far as effacy goes. I think we still have to wait and see. But I hear production would love to get 33 completed and perhaps even a couple more seasons in the can in 2021. SO...HOPE!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #339 on: December 13, 2020, 04:59:27 PM »

They’re at the mercy of a good worldwide roll out. I saw an interview with the CEO of Delta on TV and he said they haven’t made up their minds about vaccine passports for domestic travel but governments are telling them they’re going to mandate it for international travels. Qantas has already said they’re going to for international travel starting probably in Q2.

The typical contestant is probably pretty low on the vaccination priority list (young and healthy, professional job holders who can work from home) and from I’ve read, it’s gonna be June or July before everyone will have gotten it. So first half might be pushing it.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #340 on: December 18, 2020, 11:01:27 AM »
Idk if it's worthy or not to post here or if you have already watched it  or not, but Phil gave hint on this interview that the new season may continue to film on 2021

https://twitter.com/AmazingRaceCBS/status/1339664136087617537?s=19
what might have been

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #341 on: December 18, 2020, 12:19:17 PM »
Idk if it's worthy or not to post here or if you have already watched it  or not, but Phil gave hint on this interview that the new season may continue to film on 2021

https://twitter.com/AmazingRaceCBS/status/1339664136087617537?s=19

Approx 7:52+

We do not know at this time if the same cast is still willing/able to go. TBD.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 12:24:10 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #342 on: December 18, 2020, 05:10:46 PM »
I wonder if the contestants live in concentrated areas. Since all the crew live in LA, it might be easier to get them all vaccinated at roughly the same time since they're all under the same plan. Contestants are going to be trickier because they're scattered across the country.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #343 on: December 18, 2020, 05:14:36 PM »
They'll just have them do it locally and provide documentation
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #344 on: December 18, 2020, 05:29:53 PM »
I’d also think CBS will put together a mega vaccine passport to show countries and/or airlines that everyone involved has gotten it.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #345 on: December 18, 2020, 07:24:46 PM »
As I understand it, the CDC is requiring the issuance of a vaccination document, on wallet size paper, to document the two vaccinations necessary in the US. Have no idea what other countries are going to do. The other issue may be that people are going to have to have both dosages from the same vaccine type. I’ve not seen anything to suggest any trials are being done to support a cross-manufacturing set of vaccinations.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #347 on: December 18, 2020, 09:09:07 PM »
As I understand it, the CDC is requiring the issuance of a vaccination document, on wallet size paper, to document the two vaccinations necessary in the US. Have no idea what other countries are going to do. The other issue may be that people are going to have to have both dosages from the same vaccine type. I’ve not seen anything to suggest any trials are being done to support a cross-manufacturing set of vaccinations.

I saw an interview with Delta’s CEO a few days ago where he said that they haven’t made any decisions about domestic vaccine passports but foreign governments are telling them they’re going to be mandatory for entry.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #348 on: December 19, 2020, 01:19:51 AM »
Sounds like the TAR producers may've been listening to this season's criticisms after all :D

Bert & Elise are mulling over new alliance-stemming rules for next season - https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2020/12/amazing-race-32-producers-interview

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #349 on: December 19, 2020, 11:07:16 PM »
If they decide to go the tweak the route way, they could always do the truncated season on the regular season's time frame. I see them having to do lots of long haul flights (they're almost certainly going to go to NZ and Australia if they do this and they're at least ten hour flight from another population center ) and that way they could have three or four full rest days to make up for it.