Author Topic: TAR 33 ORIGINAL PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)  (Read 108060 times)

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 33 PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)
« Reply #300 on: November 28, 2020, 06:13:01 PM »
Another thing to remember is some of these harder hit places that we think they were visiting like Sweden and Italy can get to some sort of herd immunity with lower vaccination bc so many people have had it. I read an estimate that the NYC metro area can get to it with less than half vaccination.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #301 on: November 28, 2020, 09:09:15 PM »
Another thing to remember is some of these harder hit places that we think they were visiting like Sweden and Italy can get to some sort of herd immunity with lower vaccination bc so many people have had it. I read an estimate that the NYC metro area can get to it with less than half vaccination.
We don’t know that. There’s evidence that COVID-19 immunity from illness is short lived,(I.e., people getting reinfected) and the jury is still out on how long immunity lasts from vaccination. One of the issues with fast tracking vaccine candidates is that very question.
-- theschnauzers

Offline betheactress

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #302 on: November 29, 2020, 10:46:22 AM »
We don’t know that. There’s evidence that COVID-19 immunity from illness is short lived,(I.e., people getting reinfected) and the jury is still out on how long immunity lasts from vaccination. One of the issues with fast tracking vaccine candidates is that very question.

Source??

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #303 on: November 29, 2020, 11:38:02 AM »
You can find the reporting on CNN.com, and I also found it on the Apple News feed  It’s very recent reporting within the last week. Try googling it.
-- theschnauzers

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #304 on: November 29, 2020, 11:45:47 AM »
Here’s a link to a contemporary reporting from March on the suspension. A “trio of legs” means three legs.

https://deadline.com/2020/02/coronavirus-amazing-race-stopped-production-cbs-survivor-1202870836/

"Having already filmed only a trio of episodes in the UK,..." this is exactly what that article said.

The videointerview with cameraman also confirmed that they filmed 3 episodes with last episode being in Glasgow, Scotland.

So I am assuming first 3 legs (or 3 episodes = normal leg and mega leg) in the UK? Sweden as supposed 4th leg/episode that didn't happen?

Is there anyone who have access to original TAR33 timeline and can share dates maybe? I do not remember.

I would say based on these sources only three episodes were fully filmed and they were in UK.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #305 on: November 29, 2020, 02:06:52 PM »
Here’s a link to a contemporary reporting from March on the suspension. A “trio of legs” means three legs.

https://deadline.com/2020/02/coronavirus-amazing-race-stopped-production-cbs-survivor-1202870836/

"Having already filmed only a trio of episodes in the UK,..." this is exactly what that article said.

The videointerview with cameraman also confirmed that they filmed 3 episodes with last episode being in Glasgow, Scotland.

So I am assuming first 3 legs (or 3 episodes = normal leg and mega leg) in the UK? Sweden as supposed 4th leg/episode that didn't happen?

Is there anyone who have access to original TAR33 timeline and can share dates maybe? I do not remember.

I would say based on these sources only three episodes were fully filmed and they were in UK.
I believe the show started filming on February 22nd, the London leg was done by the 23rd, Leg 2 Glasgow was done by the 25th, and everyone was sent home on the 28th and 29th. From interviews and such it sure sounded like everyone was sent home from Glasgow after three episodes had been filmed. There was definitely time for a second leg in Glasgow and the lack of sightings don't surprise me much as there were only a few for Leg 2. Plus, there would be even less if they were out in the countryside where nobody would see them.
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #306 on: November 29, 2020, 05:04:41 PM »
I personally hope it was in fact three full episodes filmed and completed instead of just two. The only thing that makes it seem unlikely to me is, why they would have three legs in a row back-to-back-to-back all in the same region, especially coming off the heels of TAR32 where they just did a different country for every single leg? Going from TAR32 every leg = a different country to TAR33 = three legs in a row all in the United Kingdom just seems... strange. But regardless, I still do hope it was three filmed.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #307 on: November 29, 2020, 05:13:15 PM »
I personally hope it was in fact three full episodes filmed and completed instead of just two. The only thing that makes it seem unlikely to me is, why they would have three legs in a row back-to-back-to-back all in the same region, especially coming off the heels of TAR32 where they just did a different country for every single leg? Going from TAR32 every leg = a different country to TAR33 = three legs in a row all in the United Kingdom just seems... strange. But regardless, I still do hope it was three filmed.

I think at least 1 of these 3 UK legs can be replacement leg for leg cancelled because of Covid.

It's strange though. The only time we had 3 full legs in same country was China in TAR14.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #308 on: November 29, 2020, 06:12:44 PM »

I think at least 1 of these 3 UK legs can be replacement leg for leg cancelled because of Covid.

It's strange though. The only time we had 3 full legs in same country was China in TAR14.
And even then, one of them was a superleg so it was technically only two legs. At least it’s one England leg and two Scotland legs, so it’ll at least feel like two different countries. I’m sure they scrambled and made a second Glasgow leg after they saw countries beginning to pull out

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #309 on: November 29, 2020, 07:54:55 PM »
And it wasn’t going to be a traditional route anyways

Offline betheactress

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #310 on: November 29, 2020, 08:18:10 PM »
You can find the reporting on CNN.com, and I also found it on the Apple News feed  It’s very recent reporting within the last week. Try googling it.

You mean where it says out of 38 million cases, only a handful dozen were reinfections, which is a very low rate (0.000126%) which seems very good to me. Another CNN article cites an un peer reviewed study that had immunity lasting longer than 6 months. So I would be very careful with your words. Thank you!

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #311 on: November 29, 2020, 09:10:37 PM »
The real question is why would they have to wait until Feb 2020 to film S33, couldn't they film in mid or late 2019?
what might have been

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #312 on: November 29, 2020, 09:39:02 PM »
There was a news article that talked about a leg in Ireland... Maybe between London and Glasgow?

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #313 on: November 29, 2020, 09:54:05 PM »
The real question is why would they have to wait until Feb 2020 to film S33, couldn't they film in mid or late 2019?
They filmed Tough As Nails during that time period which is unfortunate because if TAR went first then they would’ve been able to finishing filming TAN at some point in the last few months AND we would’ve still have TAR33 in the can

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #314 on: November 29, 2020, 10:08:02 PM »
They filmed Tough As Nails during that time period which is unfortunate because if TAR went first then they would’ve been able to finishing filming TAN at some point in the last few months AND we would’ve still have TAR33 in the can

The problem is the production of TAR 33 was originally planned for November - December 2019 date but had been pushed to February 2020. When Phil's new show Tough as Nails was placed for January 2020 production schedule.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 09:00:36 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #315 on: November 29, 2020, 10:58:16 PM »

You mean where it says out of 38 million cases, only a handful dozen were reinfections, which is a very low rate (0.000126%) which seems very good to me. Another CNN article cites an un peer reviewed study that had immunity lasting longer than 6 months. So I would be very careful with your words. Thank you!

I read multiple news feeds from different sources available to me on a continuing basis. So that item alone would have been one among many. If I was relying on a single source I would have posted a link if feasible. The questions about reinfection and the amount of time one might get  immunity via prior infection, or via a vaccine is not settled. It isn't safe to assume how much time it lasts through either mode. Comparison to other illnesses cased by viruses and other types of coronaviruses (e.g., the common cold or influenza) isn't always useful.
-- theschnauzers

Offline betheactress

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #316 on: November 29, 2020, 11:15:45 PM »
 :)x
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 11:16:54 AM by betheactress »

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #317 on: November 30, 2020, 10:11:53 AM »

And even then, one of them was a superleg so it was technically only two legs. At least it’s one England leg and two Scotland legs, so it’ll at least feel like two different countries. I’m sure they scrambled and made a second Glasgow leg after they saw countries beginning to pull out
Wikipedia actually is now counting England, Scotland, and Wales as different countries. So for example TAR31, instead of, Leg 11 (Netherlands --> United Kingdom), it is now, Leg 11 (Netherlands --> England). Just a fun fact!  :)x

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #318 on: November 30, 2020, 02:00:49 PM »

I read multiple news feeds from different sources available to me on a continuing basis. So that item alone would have been one among many. If I was relying on a single source I would have posted a link if feasible. The questions about reinfection and the amount of time one might get  immunity via prior infection, or via a vaccine is not settled. It isn't safe to assume how much time it lasts through either mode. Comparison to other illnesses cased by viruses and other types of coronaviruses (e.g., the common cold or influenza) isn't always useful.

I agree with theschnauzers on this issue.  Locally, I know of at least 1 person that was reinfected.  First time he had very mild symptoms. Second time the symptoms were much worse. First infection in late April, 2nd infection in early October. I also personally know individuals that have had it.  My neighbor across the street and his wife being 2 of them. Their info from our local health department says they should be immune for 4 months.  2 friends that live in a small town just 7 miles from me that is located in a different county had it as well. Their health department is telling them 3 months.

So even those "in the know" differ on how long immunity lasts.  IMO it will be a long time before this is settled even with the vaccines becoming available.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #319 on: November 30, 2020, 02:27:32 PM »
I'm thinking they won't be filming before at LEAST fall 2021, and even then it will be only in countries where more than half the population is vaccinated, and the whole cast and crew as well.

If they continue after the 3 legs that they already have, I'm expecting some legs in countries that are more safe (Australia and New Zealand would work well now, but would depend of the restriction coming in. Two legs in Canada would work  also, like one in Québec city to be a bit foreign, and maybe one in Atlantic Canada or Vancouver).

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #320 on: November 30, 2020, 02:45:14 PM »
We already have 3 legs in english speaking country, so I am not sure about Australia/NZ or Canada. Also these destinations are considered boring by TAR production.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #321 on: November 30, 2020, 03:15:46 PM »
Also these destinations are considered boring by TAR production.

Wait what :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #322 on: November 30, 2020, 03:37:55 PM »

Also these destinations are considered boring by TAR production.

Sure would love to see the source on this?? ???

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Nuku

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #323 on: November 30, 2020, 03:47:33 PM »
listen

international travel will not be a thing until 2022 i am telling you!! this next year is still a write off about adapting to life with/eliminating/after covid!!

i think the best move by TAR would be do a celebrity race going around the United States or a specific are like!! i just want to watch more race LOL!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #324 on: November 30, 2020, 03:53:12 PM »
Okay guys, enough....

Let's get back to real speculation please. Preferably with a REAL basis in fact.  Dates/sightings/cast/routes etc.

This is not a bitch and moan thread nor or we having one now.

So watch it okay?  Thanks.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.