Author Topic: TAR 33 ORIGINAL PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)  (Read 106930 times)

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 33 PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)
« Reply #275 on: July 06, 2020, 11:32:54 AM »
I have no idea where to post this so if this is the wrong spot, then feel free to move it to the right spot.

Some news on a potential season 34 (pre-pandemic). Celebrities Lance Bass & Arden Myrin were going to be a team on an upcoming season that was scheduled to film in August of this year, presumably this is for season 34. Celebrities Matt Rogers and Bowen Yang were also in-talks of participating as well. Not sure if this was for a special "celebrity" edition, or if they were just going to be on a "regular" season. Obviously due to the pandemic, this has all likely been scraped or at the very least postponed.

This information is revealed here on this podcast starting at 19:20 and lasting for about ~8 minutes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hungry-girl-who-loves-flavor-w-arden-myrin/id1092361338?i=1000473753461

Interesting. I don't see their celebrity status as anything bigger than those we've already had, such as Joey Chestnut, Bethany Hamilton, or the gluttony of former sports players, so it doesn't necessarily mean a celebrity edition. I know it's all conjecture/spec, but such a shame if they were indeed planning on filming a season 34 this summer. I have my doubts TAR will ever get back out there. I just can't see it happening anytime soon. Maybe summer 2021 if there is indeed a widely available vaccine at that point.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #276 on: July 06, 2020, 06:48:50 PM »
Further discussion of possible 34 news can go here:

https://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,36358.0.html

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline CoriSanchi

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #277 on: November 18, 2020, 11:20:22 AM »
Just some speculation about what the route could have been. This is based off of an interview from Bertram in which he said they were going to South America, Vietnam, and Austria, and from a crew member that contracted COVID who said they were going into northern Europe and near Italy.

United States --> London, England

London, England --> Glasgow, Scotland

Glasgow, Scotland

Glasgow, Scotland --> Riga, Latvia

Riga, Latvia --> Vienna, Austria

Vienna, Austria --> Nha Trang, Vietnam

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Nha Trang, Vietnam --> Wellington, New Zealand

Wellington, New Zealand --> Melbourne, Australia

Melbourne, Australia --> Montevideo, Uruguay

Montevideo, Uruguay --> Sucre, Bolivia

Sucre, Bolivia --> Indianapolis, Indiana
CHARLA & MIRNA ARE QUEEN

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #278 on: November 18, 2020, 04:43:15 PM »
Just some speculation about what the route could have been. This is based off of an interview from Bertram in which he said they were going to South America, Vietnam, and Austria, and from a crew member that contracted COVID who said they were going into northern Europe and near Italy.

Glasgow, Scotland

Nha Trang, Vietnam

I'm most surprised by Indianapolis. The only relatively creative task that I can see happening there is another racetrack task (Indy 500) and we just had one at the Chicagoland Speedway. I'd be curious to know what they were planning on doing there.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #279 on: November 18, 2020, 05:14:57 PM »

Glasgow, Scotland

Nha Trang, Vietnam

I'm most surprised by Indianapolis. The only relatively creative task that I can see happening there is another racetrack task (Indy 500) and we just had one at the Chicagoland Speedway. I'd be curious to know what they were planning on doing there.

Most of these are guesses including Indianapolis. We know about London/Glasgow, Sweden was next. Austria/Vietnam and South America were dropped by BVM in an interview. That's all is known.

Offline CoriSanchi

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #280 on: November 18, 2020, 06:23:42 PM »

Glasgow, Scotland

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Most of these are guesses including Indianapolis. We know about London/Glasgow, Sweden was next. Austria/Vietnam and South America were dropped by BVM in an interview. That's all is known.
Yes, it’s guesses/speculation. Should’ve clarified better. I’m speculating what the original route could’ve been based off of interviews and such. Going off of patterns from the past few seasons such as visiting countries with only one prior visit (i.e, Iceland, Belgium, Zimbabwe, Croatia, Paraguay, Kazakhstan) + a new final leg destination. Indianapolis was more wish listy than true speculation but the other countries/cities are my educated guesses
CHARLA & MIRNA ARE QUEEN

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #281 on: November 18, 2020, 06:29:47 PM »
Vietnam was visited in Season 29 and 31 and 30 visited Chiang Mai so I think they would have skipped Indochina.

Offline CoriSanchi

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #282 on: November 18, 2020, 06:38:12 PM »
Vietnam was visited in Season 29 and 31 and 30 visited Chiang Mai so I think they would have skipped Indochina.
Bertram said in an interview that he got calls from their Austria and their Vietnam people telling them they were worried about covid, so I took those as confirmed countries. I guessed Nha Trang because that’s a cool city away from the Chinese border that’s not Ho Chi Minh City, which they just visited in 31
CHARLA & MIRNA ARE QUEEN

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #283 on: November 18, 2020, 06:44:43 PM »
Da Nang would be a great option. Central Vietnam hasn't visited since TAR 3 (it was Hue and aforementioned Da Nang).

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #284 on: November 18, 2020, 06:48:58 PM »
Bertram said in an interview that he got calls from their Austria and their Vietnam people telling them they were worried about covid, so I took those as confirmed countries. I guessed Nha Trang because that’s a cool city away from the Chinese border that’s not Ho Chi Minh City, which they just visited in 31

Does the Vietnam tourism ministry incentivize the show to go there, I wonder? They go there all the time. I'd also think it being cheaper than the other big countries in East Asia is a reason.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #285 on: November 18, 2020, 08:53:03 PM »
Hypothetically speaking if they get to film over the Summer, I wonder how much they'll have to change up the tasks since this was supposed to be a winter season.

I'd think one thing this has taught them is they don't need to film another season at the height of flu season in February. Ofc I'm not comparing COVID to the flu in terms of severity but idk they shouldn't be running around the world at that specific point of time. Imagine how disastrous it would be if someone involved in the show got the flu. Do they have a backup plan if team(s) got sick on the course?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #286 on: November 24, 2020, 04:38:43 PM »
We've seen teammates feel unwell and keep racing.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #287 on: November 24, 2020, 06:47:23 PM »
Even there are flights between Australia and Chile. Qantas does have non-stop flight to Santiago, while LATAM Chile does have a connecting flight via Auckland, New Zealand.

Santiago would have been a great choice for a penultimate leg city. It hasn't had a full leg before in US version.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 08:44:21 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #288 on: November 24, 2020, 08:30:15 PM »
We've seen teammates feel unwell and keep racing.

Getting slightly sick is one thing, getting the flu is another. It’d be enough to make someone too sick to compete and I’d think it would spread like wildfire throughout the production if someone got it.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #289 on: November 26, 2020, 09:10:37 PM »
It was mentioned earlier that one couple from this season broked up. I checked their Instagrams and she is still following him while he is not following her anymore. I just wonder how open will they be to race together when filming resume... What would production do if they would not want to return to continue racing together?

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #290 on: November 27, 2020, 11:35:46 AM »

Glasgow, Scotland

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Northern Sweden was confirmed as leg 4, because Bertram said he made the cancellation call while he was there waiting for contestants.

My guess would be Austria leg 5 (per Bertram), Italy leg 6 (per that one crew leak if you consider that as acceptable evidence), then maybe a double leg in an African country for legs 7 and 8, and then South America legs 9-11 before the US finale. The one crew leak said they were avoiding Asia entirely. As for Bertram's Vietnam leak, I have no idea how both Vietnam and South America could be done on the same route if the first 5-6 legs are all in Europe. Yes, I know it is technically possible, I just don't see it as likely at all. Since they are well familiar with the Vietnam production company that helps them on location, maybe the company just knew they were filming 33 at that time and was checking in to see how they were doing and if they were planning on actually finishing it - I don't know, just speculating.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #291 on: November 27, 2020, 11:49:37 AM »
Are we sure he meant Vietnam for 33? Maybe they were planning to go there for 34 and the person they work with in the tourism ministry called to talk about it? Another possibility is that they’ve already planned to change the route.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #292 on: November 27, 2020, 09:56:13 PM »

Glasgow, Scotland

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Northern Sweden was confirmed as leg 4, because Bertram said he made the cancellation call while he was there waiting for contestants.

My guess would be Austria leg 5 (per Bertram), Italy leg 6 (per that one crew leak if you consider that as acceptable evidence), then maybe a double leg in an African country for legs 7 and 8, and then South America legs 9-11 before the US finale. The one crew leak said they were avoiding Asia entirely. As for Bertram's Vietnam leak, I have no idea how both Vietnam and South America could be done on the same route if the first 5-6 legs are all in Europe. Yes, I know it is technically possible, I just don't see it as likely at all. Since they are well familiar with the Vietnam production company that helps them on location, maybe the company just knew they were filming 33 at that time and was checking in to see how they were doing and if they were planning on actually finishing it - I don't know, just speculating.

Regarding about the destinations have been suspended due to the pandemic, I would guess Sweden (Leg 3) after Scotland and Tyrol region in Austria (Leg 4, which include a Pit Stop across the border in Italy); with double legs in Africa (5-6), Asia (7-8; which include Vietnam) and Australia (9-10), and a penultimate leg in South America (probably Chile or Peru) before the final destination in the US. It could be a 6-continent race hasn't seen since TAR 11.

As I mentioned earlier in above post, Australia does have a direct flight to South America either Qantas (non-stop) or LATAM Chile (direct or via Auckland, New Zealand).

Just my opinion
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 12:40:35 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #293 on: November 27, 2020, 11:55:20 PM »
Sweden was Leg 3 I believe... But there was def time for another leg inbetween So I canot be sure.

Could someone rewatch the video and see? Seems IRC that BVM said Leg 3... ???

We had someone on site, we watched the set up. Sad day when it was cancelled.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #294 on: November 28, 2020, 12:31:33 AM »
The problem with starting or ending in Australia or NZ is that you’re at lead a ten hour flight from any other big airport and there are very few flights from them to the US. IMO going through one of the big airports in East Asia and working your way down makes more sense to cut back on another long flight. You could either go from Australia/NZ to somewhere in Africa if you’re going West or South America if it’s east.

Although, there will be a couple more US to NZ routes over the next year as things get back to normal.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 12:35:43 AM by cerealking »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #295 on: November 28, 2020, 08:08:34 AM »
Sweden was Leg 3 I believe... But there was def time for another leg inbetween So I canot be sure.

Could someone rewatch the video and see? Seems IRC that BVM said Leg 3... ???

We had someone on site, we watched the set up. Sad day when it was cancelled.
Peach, I believe CBS in announcing the suspension of filming confirmed three legs had been filmed at that point with the strong implication these three legs were in England and Scotland.  Sweden was to be the following leg.
-- theschnauzers

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #296 on: November 28, 2020, 09:19:16 AM »
This is what has confused me for a very long time; in every single official statement from the media, it was always said that THREE episodes had been filmed before production was suspended. So three episodes = three legs? The weird part is that we only have sightings from the first two legs and none from the third. The other weird part is that would mean they did THREE legs all in the United Kingdom, which is more than they've ever done in one location before I think, which would be kind of crazy. So it's just hard to believe.

So if we're to believe the 'three episodes' statement from the media, this is the schedule:

Leg 1: United States of America → London, England, United Kingdom
Leg 2: London, England, United Kingdom → Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Leg 3: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
---SUSPENDED---
Intended leg 4: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom → Unconfirmed City, Sweden (Only production flew out there, not contestants)

...OR...

A theory I have is that they actually didn't complete three legs; they only completed two but got suspended in the MIDDLE of leg three... and by middle, I mean start of leg three. Basically, I could see all the teams departing the leg 2 Pit Stop in Glasgow and starting leg 3 by heading to the airport to catch a flight to Sweden. But before they flew over there is when CBS made the decision to suspend the season. So all the teams were literally all just waiting around the airport for the start of their leg 3 flight to Sweden when the suspension news came in. So maybe the reason all the media reports keep saying three episodes is because it's because they had only barely just started filming episode three.

So in that case the schedule would be:

Leg 1: United States of America → London, England, United Kingdom
Leg 2: London, England, United Kingdom → Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
---SUSPENDED---
Leg 3: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom → Unconfirmed City, Sweden (Only production flew out there, not contestants; suspended after teams departed from Pit Stop to start leg 3, but before teams flew out to Sweden)

Personally I'd rather my first 'schedule' be right since it's an extra full episode, but I just realistically cannot see how they filmed a whole three episodes in the United Kingdom and plus how we had no sightings at all from that supposed third leg in Glasgow? I don't know, unless I'm missing something or someone else knows something I don't. Otherwise, these are just my thoughts/opinions.

Does anyone else have any thoughts/opinions on this?

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #297 on: November 28, 2020, 09:57:14 AM »
Didn't we have sighting up north of Glasgow? in some Lakes? maybe one full leg in Glasgow and one leg: Lakes/Glasgow

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #298 on: November 28, 2020, 01:41:10 PM »
Here’s a link to a contemporary reporting from March on the suspension. A “trio of legs” means three legs.

https://deadline.com/2020/02/coronavirus-amazing-race-stopped-production-cbs-survivor-1202870836/
-- theschnauzers

Offline Nuku

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #299 on: November 28, 2020, 01:45:19 PM »
Maybe a mega leg?? it says trio of episodes not legs and after this concept being introduced this season it may have been used again??