Author Topic: TAR 33 ORIGINAL PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)  (Read 106906 times)

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 33 PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)
« Reply #225 on: February 09, 2020, 01:28:25 PM »
A large part of Asian countries have to be avoided because of the virus incident
Not mentioning Mainland China, but Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore all have quite large amount of cases already

I think Asia might take a big hit in the way that we might only get a couple of legs this season. We could theoretically avoid China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, and Singapore, but these are all home to some of the biggest airports in East Asia. Even if the race wanted to visit somewhere in Asia where there has been no reports of virus - maybe Bhutan or Brunei - they would eventually have to connect through a major airport like Changhi or Narita or something like that. And airports are where these viruses catch their flights around the world.

For example, if we just focus on East and Southeast Asia, there are suspected cases (but not confirmed) in Indonesia, Myanmar and Bangladesh, and no cases (suspected, confirmed or otherwise) in East Timor, Brunei, Laos and Bhutan. Every other country has had a confirmed case.

Now, granted, not every country has been hit as hard as China. India, for example, only has 3 cases, and they are all confined to the state of Kerala. Similarly, only one case has been confirmed in Sri Lanka, in Colombo. So, even for countries where there are confirmed cases, the other parts of the country aren't eliminated completely.

Nevertheless, I could foresee producers skipping over giant swaths of Asia just to be safe.
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #226 on: February 09, 2020, 03:19:11 PM »
It's going to be really interesting to see what Coronavirus does to the east Asian part of the route. Maybe this might actually force their hand into making that long overdue return to Australia.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #227 on: February 09, 2020, 08:55:09 PM »
I think producers of the show should be more concerned about the amount of flooding certain parts of Australia is receiving, rather than what bushfires are doing!

Parts of New South Wales & Queensland are now under water from flooding, after being on fire in January!  :funny:

Victoria's OK though! So is Tasmania...

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #228 on: February 09, 2020, 09:05:42 PM »
It's going to be really interesting to see what Coronavirus does to the east Asian part of the route. Maybe this might actually force their hand into making that long overdue return to Australia.
Hopefully we can get an Africa and Oceania heavy season!
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #229 on: February 09, 2020, 10:11:28 PM »
I think producers of the show should be more concerned about the amount of flooding certain parts of Australia is receiving, rather than what bushfires are doing!

Parts of New South Wales & Queensland are now under water from flooding, after being on fire in January!  :funny:

Even (the state of) Victoria is now in good condition. The US version hasn't yet visited that state before, including Melbourne. Four states and one territory visited in TAR US before.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #230 on: February 10, 2020, 12:33:00 AM »

Even (the state of) Victoria is now in good condition. The US version hasn't yet visited that state before, including Melbourne. Four states and one territory visited in TAR US before.

Wasn't a large portion of Western Australia spared from the fires? I've always thought thought that it would be interesting to have the start in Los Angeles and then fly all the way to Perth for leg 1, and then perhaps a KOR and have leg 2 down south around Albany and Denmark!
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #231 on: February 10, 2020, 07:03:20 PM »
Wasn't a large portion of Western Australia spared from the fires? I've always thought thought that it would be interesting to have the start in Los Angeles and then fly all the way to Perth for leg 1, and then perhaps a KOR and have leg 2 down south around Albany and Denmark!

There is one in Kalgoorlie, a mining town which is home the famous Super Pit, scheduled to be closed in 2034. Western Australia didn't affect the fires unlike those in parts of Australia. It is sparse which 90 percent is arid desert.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #232 on: February 15, 2020, 04:19:57 AM »
I definitely think that we're gonna be skipping China or South asain countries

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #233 on: February 15, 2020, 05:05:38 AM »
When should we start looking for sightings? This weekend already?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #234 on: February 15, 2020, 11:51:50 AM »
But looking for film permits, locations etc are always welcome!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #235 on: February 18, 2020, 03:10:19 PM »
It will start filming this weekend hopefully.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #236 on: February 20, 2020, 09:08:01 AM »
Time to start sleuthing for film permits around L.A. County. :lol:

My senses are being drawn to Crystal Cove State Park for some weird reason. They've never gone that south in SoCal (even Palm Springs in relation to coordinates) to film and I think they'd move it down there for "creativity points". It's pretty secluded from passersby, commercial filming permitted, and all the times they've had public starting lines, Facebook and other sites would have already posted about it to get people to come. It also has an expansive beachfront and a tunnel that teams would just run into to get to their cars to drive to LAX easily. If not, it's a good back pocket consideration for future searching.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #237 on: February 21, 2020, 12:20:02 PM »
I am assuming it's started filming already based on the fact that GP opened live sightings thread.

Offline The Dominator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #238 on: February 21, 2020, 04:45:35 PM »
I am assuming it's started filming already based on the fact that GP opened live sightings thread.

Or it's about to start filming this weekend.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #239 on: February 21, 2020, 07:06:09 PM »
With the race is about to start assuming it would have another LA start, as Rachel pointed out Crystal Cove State Park would be a perfect starting line location, being located south of Greater LA area. The race should have Australia as first international destination.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 07:27:56 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #240 on: February 22, 2020, 08:36:05 AM »
Here's to hoping we have a balanced diverse cast.

Offline Oliveira

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Brazilian Fan
« Reply #241 on: February 22, 2020, 08:57:29 AM »
Wouldn't this season air in 20th year anniversary? Can't we get an all winners cast too?  :)x :)x

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #242 on: February 22, 2020, 09:59:15 AM »
Personally, I am praying for a few older cast members. And by older, I mean 45+ because that diversity is severely lacking. We have diversity of ethnicity and background. But where are our older teams? Where are our teams that are not as physically adept?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Jay33

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #243 on: February 22, 2020, 10:59:46 AM »
Wouldn't this season air in 20th year anniversary? Can't we get an all winners cast too?  :)x :)x

I'd love an all-winners edition of TAR. It's the show that would be best suited for it tbh.

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2020, 12:30:22 PM »
A large part of Asian countries have to be avoided because of the virus incident
Not mentioning Mainland China, but Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore all have quite large amount of cases already

I think Asia might take a big hit in the way that we might only get a couple of legs this season. We could theoretically avoid China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, and Singapore, but these are all home to some of the biggest airports in East Asia. Even if the race wanted to visit somewhere in Asia where there has been no reports of virus - maybe Bhutan or Brunei - they would eventually have to connect through a major airport like Changhi or Narita or something like that. And airports are where these viruses catch their flights around the world.

For example, if we just focus on East and Southeast Asia, there are suspected cases (but not confirmed) in Indonesia, Myanmar and Bangladesh, and no cases (suspected, confirmed or otherwise) in East Timor, Brunei, Laos and Bhutan. Every other country has had a confirmed case.

Now, granted, not every country has been hit as hard as China. India, for example, only has 3 cases, and they are all confined to the state of Kerala. Similarly, only one case has been confirmed in Sri Lanka, in Colombo. So, even for countries where there are confirmed cases, the other parts of the country aren't eliminated completely.

Nevertheless, I could foresee producers skipping over giant swaths of Asia just to be safe.
They cannot make connections in Hong Kong and China, maybe Singapore/Japan/SK
As most of the US Airlines have cancelled the flights to HK and China

The only Asia country still available is Taiwan/Philippines at this point

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2020, 03:53:33 PM »
Closing this thread now, please use the live threads for 33 moving forward!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #246 on: May 22, 2020, 03:38:05 PM »
RE-Opening this topic.

There are plans in effect to move forward with TAR 33 re-filming as the world allows. I know they are hoping to be able to go out again perhaps Nov/Dec .

Given the current world Covid Status, what locations could LEGIT be POSSIBLE as restrictions are relaxed??

Here are the WHO Updates today...

<<EPI UPDATE The WHO COVID-19 Situation Report for May 21 reports 4.89 million confirmed cases (103,981 new) and 323,256 deaths (4,467 new). The global total incidence could potentially reach 5 million cases by today’s update.

Brazil reported 18,508 new cases, its second highest daily incidence to date. Brazil’s daily incidence is second to only the United States, and if the current trajectories continue, it could become #1 globally in the coming days. Brazil’s daily per capita incidence is now more than 25% greater than the United States’. The per capita incidence in Peru and Chile is even higher, however, with Peru reporting nearly 140 new cases per million population each day and Chile reporting more than 200, approximately double and triple the per capita incidence in the United States, respectively. South America is emerging as a major global hotspot for COVID-19. These South American countries now represent 3 of the top 6 countries in terms of daily incidence.

Russia reported 8,894 new cases, its third consecutive day with fewer than 9,000 new cases. Moscow and the Moscow Region continue to represent the majority (58.2%) of Russia’s COVID-19 cases. India reported 6,088 new cases, its highest daily incidence to date. The state of Tamil Nadu, where a large outbreak has been linked to one of Asia’s largest markets, reported 743 new cases. Russia and India are #3 and #4 in the world, respectively, in terms of daily incidence.

South Africa’s COVID-19 epidemic continues to accelerate. South Africa reported 1,134 new cases, which is its second highest daily total and the second time in the past 5 days that the daily incidence exceeded 1,000. South Africa is currently reporting the highest cumulative COVID-19 incidence (19,137 cases) and highest daily incidence in Africa. After appearing to approach a plateau in the first half of May, Djibouti is once again reporting increasing daily incidence. Between April 23 and May 16, Djibouti reported fewer than 10 new cases 8 times and more than 25 new cases only 3 times. Since then, Djibouti has not reported fewer than 70 new cases per day.

Singapore reported 614 new cases, including 610 (99.3%) among residents of migrant worker dormitories. Outbreaks in migrant worker dormitories continue to drive Singapore’s COVID-19 epidemic. Singapore estimates that the cases confirmed so far represent 8.72% of the total population across all migrant worker dormitories, compared to only 0.03% of the general public population. Of the total confirmed cases reported in Singapore, 92.5% are among residents of migrant worker dormitories.

UNITED STATES

The US CDC reported 1.55 million total cases (22,860 new) and 93,061 deaths (1,397 new). Daily COVID-19 deaths in the United States are generally on the decline, but the total could potentially reach 100,000 deaths in the next 6-7 days. In total, 10 states (no change) reported more than 40,000 cases, including New York with more than 350,000; New Jersey with more than 150,000; and Illinois with more than 100,000. >>

Thoughts on ANY areas that might be possible?

As a Medical responder I am having difficulty figuring this out...

« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 03:41:32 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #247 on: May 22, 2020, 06:15:15 PM »
While we have it under control here in NZ I'm not confident we will open up our borders till next year. I would say possibly NZ but that's going to be dependant on how the rest of the world goes.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #248 on: May 22, 2020, 07:09:06 PM »
Australia might be a chance in late 2020, however, I really cannot see TAR33 going back out, until there is a vaccine for the Coronavirus. It's too risky, especially for the US version of the show, who has a whole host of problems associated with COVID-19...

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #249 on: May 22, 2020, 07:24:03 PM »
They could go to new smaller countries with already 95-100% cured cases like Bonaire (a Dutch land) or Palau.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)