Author Topic: TAR 33 ORIGINAL PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)  (Read 107767 times)

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 33 PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)
« Reply #200 on: January 25, 2020, 01:18:37 PM »
Is season 33 already filming? Somebody on Reddit made a post linking to an article claiming that filming is already underway.

Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheAmazingRace/comments/etm3sj/the_amazing_race_season_33_underway_when_will/

Article: https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-amazing-race-season-33-underway-when-will-season-32-air-on-cbs/

I don't know too much on if that website is a reliable source or not, but I definitely have heard of it from things in the past.

Is this legit? Is season 33 already somehow filming?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 01:21:52 PM by OMGitsGARRET »

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: January 25, 2020, 04:20:34 PM »
No.

The article refer to 33 being green lit. Its fully expected TAR33 will start filming next month.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #202 on: January 25, 2020, 04:22:45 PM »
I wonder if since it's filming in the winter if they'll go somewhere snowy or stick to somewhere warm for the finale. They've hit most of the warm weather big metros and they almost always have them in airline hub cities. Eyeballing it now that 31 was in Detroit, Charlotte, SLC, Boston, and MSP are the only hub cities they haven't visited yet. SLC would be a cool place to visit if they choose cold and it's a Delta hub. If they're coming from Asia, they'd have to make a connection though bc for now all the long haul internationals they do out of there are to Europe.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 05:09:48 PM by cerealking »

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #203 on: January 30, 2020, 10:38:24 PM »
I imagine the coronavirus craze will throw a wrench into any potential filming. China is definitely out of the question, and probably much of east and southeast Asia as well.
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #204 on: January 31, 2020, 10:45:54 AM »
I have a feeling this will be a southern hemisphere heavy season.  Hoping for a lot of time in Africa bc they're probably not going to Asia much if at all.

Online kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #205 on: January 31, 2020, 11:08:46 AM »
Asia is a big place.  Even if they avoid China (despite China being one of the largest places), they could go into the Stans or Russia or India or Japan.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #206 on: January 31, 2020, 12:26:42 PM »
Asia is a big place.  Even if they avoid China (despite China being one of the largest places), they could go into the Stans or Russia or India or Japan.

Lol they're not going to Russia. They've had too many issues with people getting their stuff stolen when they went there a lot and they don't really go to politically contentious places. I doubt they'd have gone to China bc of politics this season without the virus anyway. Japan and India are too close to the epicenter too.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #207 on: January 31, 2020, 05:59:19 PM »
I have a feeling this will be a southern hemisphere heavy season.  Hoping for a lot of time in Africa bc they're probably not going to Asia much if at all.

Australia is probably likely as would be getting visited. We will have 3 Africa legs as possible. Indonesia is mostly in Southern Hemisphere with Java is the most populous island overall.

Lol they're not going to Russia. They've had too many issues with people getting their stuff stolen when they went there a lot and they don't really go to politically contentious places. I doubt they'd have gone to China bc of politics this season without the virus anyway. Japan and India are too close to the epicenter too.

Nepal could also be possible to visit at this route stage even with the mountainous Himalayas.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 08:11:04 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #208 on: February 01, 2020, 05:38:50 AM »
The only issue I see with Nepal is that it’s logistically hard to get into and out of. They could always just charter a flight bc they usually do that once a season or so. They’d probably have to spend two legs there bc of that and the fact that people have to get acclimated to the altitude.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: February 01, 2020, 04:51:00 PM »
I am hoping for:

- at least equal number of men and women in cast. Seriously... They casted 10 more males than females in last 3 seasons!!! It's 2020, wake up.
- no reality tv or social media team
- no gimmick theme, just classic season

What am I expecting? exact opposite

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2020, 05:10:39 PM »
I have a feeling we are going to see some teams with lots of social media followers. SO yeah, don't hold your breath! :funny:

But I learned from some of our more well connected/known former teams...they can be JUST as much fun to watch as a brand new unknown!

SO I'll be grateful if they are fun to watch and race well.  And aren't jerks.   :hfive:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online kyleisalive

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #211 on: February 02, 2020, 05:21:56 PM »
and they don't really go to politically contentious places.

This isn't really true.  In recent years:

TAR28, TARCAN6 - Mexico
TAR28 - Colombia
TARCAN5, TAR28, HMLM7 - China
TAR27, TAR29 - Brazil
TAR30 - Hong Kong
HMLM7 - South Africa
TARAU4 - South Korea (specifically to the DMZ)

TAR US hasn't visited Russia since the issues in TAR21, granted, but the country is much bigger than just Moscow, where that happened.  If we're going to omit countries entirely because of an incident eight years ago, then they probably never would have gone back to Morocco after TAR3 either.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #212 on: February 03, 2020, 07:57:09 AM »
and they don't really go to politically contentious places.

This isn't really true.  In recent years:

TAR28, TARCAN6 - Mexico
TAR28 - Colombia
TARCAN5, TAR28, HMLM7 - China
TAR27, TAR29 - Brazil
TAR30 - Hong Kong
HMLM7 - South Africa
TARAU4 - South Korea (specifically to the DMZ)

TAR US hasn't visited Russia since the issues in TAR21, granted, but the country is much bigger than just Moscow, where that happened.  If we're going to omit countries entirely because of an incident eight years ago, then they probably never would have gone back to Morocco after TAR3 either.

Well, the US went to most of those places before they became politically contentious. For example, they haven’t been to China since late 2015 which is before Xi started clamping down on power and before everyone knew they were putting a whole ethnic group in concentration camps. 30 went to Hong Kong but that was a good year and a half or so before the protests started. The international versions can do what they please but US version has always tried to stay away from hot button places. They don’t always succeed in staying politics free but they have a pretty good record for the amount of time they’ve been on the air.

Offline The Dominator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #213 on: February 06, 2020, 03:47:36 AM »
any chance season 33 starts filming this weekend???   or is that still way too early??

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #214 on: February 06, 2020, 09:38:47 AM »
Another couple of weeks+ at least.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline The Dominator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #215 on: February 06, 2020, 11:02:36 AM »
ahhh, thanks Peach!!!  :luvya:

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: February 06, 2020, 12:30:09 PM »

But still in February, right?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #217 on: February 06, 2020, 05:39:42 PM »

But still in February, right?

Yes, this year. February has 29 days because of leap year. March 1 will be Sunday.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #218 on: February 06, 2020, 09:44:02 PM »
From the CBS site. Relax people! Filming is not starting this weekend.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: February 06, 2020, 11:10:37 PM »
CAN'T WAIT TO START DETECTIVE WORK AGAIN!!! It has been sooooooooo long since the last one.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #220 on: February 07, 2020, 08:37:19 PM »
For those members who have been watching for a long time - what did TAR do in 2003 and 2009 with the outbreaks of SARS and Swine Flu, respectively? This might shed some light on how they might film with Coronavirus
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #221 on: February 08, 2020, 12:39:45 AM »
For those members who have been watching for a long time - what did TAR do in 2003 and 2009 with the outbreaks of SARS and Swine Flu, respectively? This might shed some light on how they might film with Coronavirus
Scratched everything I had typed out. TAR15 was the one filming during the heavy moments of H1N1.

I found the TAR15 application and here is a quote they have word-for-word. I believe this has been on every Race application since its inception though:
Participants must be willing to receive all needed immunizations that the Producers
deem to be necessary and medically appropriate to the race. Teams must agree to take
any medications needed to prevent illness in certain foreign countries.

I'm assuming they monitored the situation prior to the race.

Source: https://static.cbslocal.com/station/wwj/Amazing%20Race%20Eligibility%2015.pdf
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 12:49:55 AM by RachelLeVega »
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: February 08, 2020, 01:11:18 AM »
TAR15 supposedly had a few locations revamped due to swine flu - South Korea and Ghana later appeared on 17 and Brazil on 18. The replacements were reportedly a mix of Japan/Sweden/Netherlands, but I don't know if this ever got confirmed. There was also mention of a replaced Balkans leg, but I don't think that ever resurfaced.

Funnily enough 29 went to Brazil right around the time of the Zika virus, I recall finding them turning up there pretty surprising.

I'd hope that since we've been in a filming lull for a year that WRP should have some spare legs up their sleeve to use to replace any regions at risk due to Coronavirus.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #223 on: February 08, 2020, 02:01:19 AM »
At least some countries are prevented with nCov Corona Virus, Australia it seems fine and safe there.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #224 on: February 09, 2020, 10:25:55 AM »
A large part of Asian countries have to be avoided because of the virus incident
Not mentioning Mainland China, but Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore all have quite large amount of cases already