Author Topic: TAR 33 ORIGINAL PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)  (Read 106987 times)

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 33 PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)
« Reply #150 on: October 12, 2019, 06:26:12 AM »
My presumption is Tough as Nails delays/affects TAR 33's filming. We know CBS isn't too high on TAR given the new exec, minimal ratings for Reality Showdown, and overall probably being the most expensive reality show to produce.

And now we are in our -fifth- year of airing one US season per year during the spring, there really is no rush to film anything. The crew for TAR 32 has already secured the record for the longest time to wait for their season to air, and they still have another four to six months to wait. That's a long wait to post pictures with your new TAR buddies on Instagram.

I follow the CBS Entertainment President on twitter and he is a huge TAR fan. He is also close friends with Phil.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2019, 11:42:35 AM »
I wouldn’t be surprised to see them go back to Taiwan now that China is out of the picture. They’ve only been there twice and haven’t been since 19. They didn’t hit any of the East Asian counties they almost always hit last year (SK, Japan, China) and it’d be a change of pace. Plus I just don’t see them going to the PRC anytime soon which makes Taiwan less of a sticky situation.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 11:48:29 AM by cerealking »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2019, 12:00:38 PM »
I'm fine with that. China's had its fill of visits already.

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2019, 12:26:41 PM »

Jackson Michie from BB21 is trying to get on The Amazing Race...
https://twitter.com/GoldDerby/status/1183427447552913409

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: October 13, 2019, 12:30:55 PM »

Jackson Michie from BB21 is trying to get on The Amazing Race...
https://twitter.com/GoldDerby/status/1183427447552913409

Oh, hell no. After the things that went down on BB21 and the rumours that Mommy prodded CBS into him winning, I'd rather not see him on TV again, let alone near our beloved TAR.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: October 13, 2019, 01:20:35 PM »
I really hope they will try to cast some unique teams this time. Here are some ideas...

xxx LGBT team like (young) lesbian couple, transgender(s), drag queens
xxx teams with both members 50 + old
xxx overweight/obese team
xxx FF with some badass jobs like wrestlers
xxx religious team like pastors, nuns, muslims, orthodox jews
xxx "in law" team
xxx hot parent child team
xxx older parent child team (child in their 40s)
xxx parent & adopted child
xxx MF friends where no one is gay
xxx MF couple with bigger age difference
xxx MF twins
xxx roommates
xxx aboriginal team
xxx teenegers
xxx neigbors

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #156 on: October 14, 2019, 05:20:10 AM »
I'm fine with that. China's had its fill of visits already.

Completely agree. I understand they can’t go only to democracies/ places with good human rights records exclusively but they’ve been to China roughly every other season and it’s getting to place where they can’t really know they’re going to be safe there either.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #157 on: November 10, 2019, 03:59:41 PM »
How long has it been since they’ve filmed a season completely in the winter?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #158 on: November 10, 2019, 06:48:05 PM »
How long has it been since they’ve filmed a season completely in the winter?

I think Phil will be super busy to film his new show (not related to Race) entitled Tough as Nails around this winter. I also think the effect of filming TAR 33 has now been rescheduled many times (from fall 2019, to winter 2020 and its being pushed to fall 2020, that its too long to wait).

All JMO

Offline OMGitsGARRET

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #159 on: November 11, 2019, 10:00:28 AM »
Has the minimum age requirement changed recently? I just checked the casting website and it says you must be 18 years of age or older to apply, when I'm pretty sure I looked at it a few months ago and it said you had to be 21 years of age or older to apply?

https://www.theamazingracecasting.com/faq

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2019, 12:30:49 AM »
Is there any chance we could possibly get TWO filmings and TWO airings next year? ???

Something like this:

TAR32 airs in Spring (similar to TAR31)
TAR33 films in Late February to Mid-Later March
TAR33 airs in Fall/Winter 2020
TAR34 films in Fall/Winter 2020 (when TAR33 is airing) and airs in Spring 2021

I'm probs grasping at straws here, but hey, I'm optimistic OK!  :funny:

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2019, 04:56:03 AM »
Has the minimum age requirement changed recently? I just checked the casting website and it says you must be 18 years of age or older to apply, when I'm pretty sure I looked at it a few months ago and it said you had to be 21 years of age or older to apply?

You don’t have to be 21 if your partner is but I think there’s only ever been a handful of ppl who’ve raced under 21. I think it has to do with insurance

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2019, 01:24:52 PM »

You don’t have to be 21 if your partner is but I think there’s only ever been a handful of ppl who’ve raced under 21. I think it has to do with insurance
You definitely used to have to be 21 to get on. I remember Floyd saying he almost got on when he was 20 but he was too young so he had to wait until he was 21
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2019, 01:27:11 PM »

You definitely used to have to be 21 to get on. I remember Floyd saying he almost got on when he was 20 but he was too young so he had to wait until he was 21

Unless you're racing with a parent, that's the exception. Cole Labrant and Zac Sunderland were both 19.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2019, 03:13:32 PM »

His partner probably wasn’t 21 then. They don’t like for someone under 21 to race but they’ll make an occasional exception if the partner is over.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 03:18:52 PM by cerealking »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: November 15, 2019, 06:56:29 PM »

Unless you're racing with a parent, that's the exception. Cole Labrant and Zac Sunderland were both 19.

Caite Upton raced on Season 16 with her "boyfriend". She was 20.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2019, 06:01:31 AM »
I really hope they will try to cast some unique teams this time. Here are some ideas...

xxx LGBT team like (young) lesbian couple, transgender(s), drag queens
xxx teams with both members 50 + old
xxx overweight/obese team
xxx FF with some badass jobs like wrestlers
xxx religious team like pastors, nuns, muslims, orthodox jews
xxx "in law" team
xxx hot parent child team
xxx older parent child team (child in their 40s)
xxx parent & adopted child
xxx MF friends where no one is gay
xxx MF couple with bigger age difference
xxx MF twins
xxx roommates
xxx aboriginal team
xxx teenegers
xxx neigbors

Yeah! I'd love a hot/parent child team and a F/F Team with badass jobs like Fighter Pilots.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2019, 03:58:27 PM »
Joe and Sierra from Survivor got married this weekend. Wonder if they are interesting enough to be contacted for this season of TAR.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2019, 04:04:10 PM »
Joe and Sierra from Survivor got married this weekend. Wonder if they are interesting enough to be contacted for this season of TAR.

Joe Anglim, there's one I could totally see TAR eyeing as a crossover. You'd think they would have during the Reality Clash season, though.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2019, 04:09:36 PM »

Joe Anglim, there's one I could totally see TAR eyeing as a crossover. You'd think they would have during the Reality Clash season, though.

Joe was playing Survivor 38 when Reality Clash was filming.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2019, 08:34:19 PM »

I know. It is talking about filming of TAR 33 that will take place sometime in fall 2020 as Phil will be super busy on filming Tough as Nails, not Reality Clash from earlier this year. mistaken info   
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 08:33:58 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #171 on: November 26, 2019, 01:15:43 AM »

I know. It is talking about filming of TAR 33 that will take place sometime in fall 2020 as Phil will be super busy on filming Tough as Nails, not Reality Clash from earlier this year.

Fall 2020? Wasn't filming of TAR33 supposed to happen in february 2020 based on their casting website? Or did they reschedule it once again?

Do we know when Tough as Nails is supposed to film?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #172 on: November 26, 2019, 08:41:03 AM »
Claude's info is incorrect. The filming dates discussed for TAR and Tough still stand...to the best of our knowledge.

Per the CASTING SITES:

TAR 33:
"We are scheduled to start filming around late Feb 2020 for approximately 25-30 days."

Tough:
"January - February 2020"
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #173 on: November 27, 2019, 05:19:15 AM »
Claude's info is incorrect. The filming dates discussed for TAR and Tough still stand...to the best of our knowledge.

Per the CASTING SITES:

TAR 33:
"We are scheduled to start filming around late Feb 2020 for approximately 25-30 days."

Tough:
"January - February 2020"

I understand it once again. My apologies for the filming schedule. Back to basics right now.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2019, 01:57:17 PM »
Not directly TAR33 related, but I didn't know where else to post it, and I'd consider it ominous long-term news.

I received a marketing email that you could get 30% off anything in the cbs store for Cyber Monday today with a code, so I headed to the site to browse. It appears TAR has been completely scrubbed from the CBS store? I can find no merchandise nor results, and it does not appear in the show listing under 'browse by all shows'. I've bought things from there within the past couple years, so that's a bit of a bummer. Could certainly be considered further evidence of the show being on life support.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 02:00:41 PM by TheRabbi »