Author Topic: TAR 33 ORIGINAL PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)  (Read 106923 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: TAR 33 PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2019, 05:17:33 PM »
With the return of TAR Australia, Australia could have a reasonable chance of being visited by TAR33, one might think?

Early autumn is great weather to film in Australia!

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2019, 08:34:01 PM »
... phase out Head to head task or at least not use it to elimination purpose!

Regarding that: Let's speculate on if this is coming back. Probably, but would production put one in during the middle of a leg? It would actually make more sense to do it then, only because it would be a good "can they come back from this" story. Doubt it would happen, though.
Face-offs (head to head) were successful in Israel versions but failed in other versions because TARI's leg structure was longer (from season 2 to 6 each leg is usually covered in 3 episodes some in 4 episodes)

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2019, 11:23:25 PM »
I know this isn't much to go on, but it seems like production has recently chosen finales in cities that have either never been visited or have only been visited once. New Orleans in 32, Detroit in 31, San Francisco in 30, Chicago in 29, Dallas in 26. I think it might be reasonable to expect something similar from 33. Given that filming will be in winter, I think we can rule out cities with cold weather - Minneapolis, Boston, etc. Maybe we could expect something along the lines of San Diego, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Tampa, Jacksonville or Charlotte? Or if the stick with a 'usual' state, maybe they could spice it up; if they end in Hawaii maybe they could visit an island we've never seen or have seen only once (Lanai, Kauai, Big Island, etc) instead of the typical Honolulu finish line. If they insist on ending in the greater Los Angeles area maybe they could go to a new part of it - maybe coastal Orange County, Malibu, Oxnard or the Channel Islands!
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2019, 05:50:36 AM »
I know this isn't much to go on, but it seems like production has recently chosen finales in cities that have either never been visited or have only been visited once. New Orleans in 32, Detroit in 31, San Francisco in 30, Chicago in 29, Dallas in 26. I think it might be reasonable to expect something similar from 33. Given that filming will be in winter, I think we can rule out cities with cold weather - Minneapolis, Boston, etc. Maybe we could expect something along the lines of San Diego, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Tampa, Jacksonville or Charlotte? Or if the stick with a 'usual' state, maybe they could spice it up; if they end in Hawaii maybe they could visit an island we've never seen or have seen only once (Lanai, Kauai, Big Island, etc) instead of the typical Honolulu finish line. If they insist on ending in the greater Los Angeles area maybe they could go to a new part of it - maybe coastal Orange County, Malibu, Oxnard or the Channel Islands!

Nashville could be a better option for a final city that houses the origins of country music. Or in other words, Phoenix could be an another choice for a final city to prevent from a coldness to strive within being located on a desert area which is more humid and less chill in winter.

JMO
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 11:30:34 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2019, 11:35:25 PM »

If anything I feel like they might lean into it being a winter season; I wouldn't be shocked if the final flight goes from East Asia to SEA in order to get teams close to Rainier for a mountainside finish.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: September 27, 2019, 10:02:20 AM »
The guy who casted Big Brother announced he will start casting TAR33 soon and all the replies were about people asking him to cast random BB people on TAR33.  :groan:

https://twitter.com/AndySloanTV/status/1176282104843264000?s=19

Do we have any more info about TAR33 except the supposed filming dates in late february 2020? Is it looking like normal or gimmick season right now, georgiapeach?

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: September 27, 2019, 11:37:21 AM »
The guy who casted Big Brother announced he will start casting TAR33 soon and all the replies were about people asking him to cast random BB people on TAR33.  :groan:

https://twitter.com/AndySloanTV/status/1176282104843264000?s=19

Another new TAR casting producer from Survivor & BB replied to everyone recommending BB showmances saying that casting has no say over adding teams from other reality shows and that it is CBS's call.

https://twitter.com/AlexSternGirl/status/1176279184135446528

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: September 27, 2019, 01:04:22 PM »
Thanks Xoruz.

That girl is from Big Brother casting team as well... I remember her being proud for casting Matt & Elena for BB19 (one of the worst casting choices that season) and stating she never watched previous BB seasons before. Pretty sure that girl is not very familiar with TAR either...

I don't get it. Is CBS trying something "different" by hiring casting agents from BB? Is Lynne Spillman still in charge or they replaced her by Robyn Kass?

Offline jb542

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #133 on: September 27, 2019, 02:31:53 PM »
Someone else from BB will also be helping with TAR's casting. This person is the one who recruits BB HG's on instagram

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: September 27, 2019, 08:11:07 PM »
I remember hearing during the filming of TAR 31 or TAR 32 that Lynne Spillman had been relieved of her TAR casting duties and whichever season that was would the last one where she was involved withe the TAR casting (since it had already been done).

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2019, 09:13:36 PM »
I remember hearing during the filming of TAR 31 or TAR 32 that Lynne Spillman had been relieved of her TAR casting duties and whichever season that was would the last one where she was involved withe the TAR casting (since it had already been done).

She was relived of her duties for Survivor. Not for TAR, afaik.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #136 on: September 29, 2019, 10:58:42 PM »

She was relived of her duties for Survivor. Not for TAR, afaik.

OK, I'm probably wrong then. Wouldn't be the first time.   :carryon:

Offline grateful cacher

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #137 on: October 07, 2019, 11:33:34 AM »
Any words on when Season 33 will leave the starting blocks???

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #138 on: October 07, 2019, 04:17:42 PM »

Season 33 is scheduled to film from late February 2020, as per the The Amazing Race casting website!  :tup:

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #139 on: October 07, 2019, 10:45:06 PM »

Season 33 is scheduled to film from late February 2020, as per the The Amazing Race casting website!  :tup:

Hopefully, Melbourne & Adelaide, Australia, and Cape Town, South Africa will be visited since it will be late summer there.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2019, 10:48:46 AM »
Remember that Phil's new show "tough as Nails" is scheduled to film Jan-Feb.

Since we don't know exact dates it is still possible for LATE Feb...  :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: October 08, 2019, 03:10:28 PM »

I am totally expecting them to reschedule it once again... It was supposed to film summer 2019 based on casting website, then rumours were it move to october/november 2019, now website say late february 2020...

It would probably air summer 2021 anyway...

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #142 on: October 08, 2019, 05:28:30 PM »

It is been too sad for me  :'(

JMO
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 07:18:28 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2019, 08:40:38 AM »
Since it seems we're pretty firmly locked into the one cycle per year format now, it probably doesn't matter exactly when it films. 32 will air in the current tv season (Sept-May), and 33 will air in the next one. So if it still films in February, or gets delayed to summer due to Phil's new show, it likely won't affect the air date (somewhere between Fall 2020 to Summer 2021).

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2019, 04:43:47 PM »
They’re definitely not going to China now

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #145 on: October 11, 2019, 05:20:00 PM »
Hong Kong especially with all the craziness going on there.

Comment contributing to the discussion:
Mostly, I wonder what the objective for production is. Now that the show is going into its 33rd season, it's safe to say it's doing ok - "ok" at its most loose term. But there's no masking that the original version is declining in popularity substantially since that Friday primetime death slot move in the mid-2010's and CBS trying to get the show over with quicker with more back-to-back broadcasts lately. Are they going to continue riding out this wave on a life raft or are they going to try to improve their circumstances? :duno:

I feel like CBS is on the verge of giving up on this show and I'm not ready for it to leave the airwaves.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #146 on: October 11, 2019, 06:07:05 PM »
Hong Kong especially with all the craziness going on there.

Comment contributing to the discussion:
Mostly, I wonder what the objective for production is. Now that the show is going into its 33rd season, it's safe to say it's doing ok - "ok" at its most loose term. But there's no masking that the original version is declining in popularity substantially since that Friday primetime death slot move in the mid-2010's and CBS trying to get the show over with quicker with more back-to-back broadcasts lately. Are they going to continue riding out this wave on a life raft or are they going to try to improve their circumstances? :duno:

I feel like CBS is on the verge of giving up on this show and I'm not ready for it to leave the airwaves.

Hong Kong definitely is a No

I mean, even with no masking, the police has been so sensitive and non-cooperative (Arrest citizens whenever they want)
The public transport has been a chaos for 721/831 incident (The mobs come to beat citizens/ The police beat the citizens)

Also, XinJiang is a No
We know there is a concentration camp

We won't be able to see China appear in future seasons for sure

Offline TARstorian

• RFF Full Member
    • TARstorian.
« Reply #147 on: October 11, 2019, 07:29:29 PM »
My presumption is Tough as Nails delays/affects TAR 33's filming. We know CBS isn't too high on TAR given the new exec, minimal ratings for Reality Showdown, and overall probably being the most expensive reality show to produce.

And now we are in our -fifth- year of airing one US season per year during the spring, there really is no rush to film anything. The crew for TAR 32 has already secured the record for the longest time to wait for their season to air, and they still have another four to six months to wait. That's a long wait to post pictures with your new TAR buddies on Instagram.
I have been to 63 countries. I have met Phil Keoghan, Jon Montgomery, Allan Wu, Elise and Bertram in person. I visited Joe & Bill in Hawaii, JK & Mike in Singapore, and Rovilson in Manila. I attended the TAR 28, 29, and 34 finales.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #148 on: October 11, 2019, 08:08:45 PM »
My presumption is Tough as Nails delays/affects TAR 33's filming. We know CBS isn't too high on TAR given the new exec, minimal ratings for Reality Showdown, and overall probably being the most expensive reality show to produce.

And now we are in our -fifth- year of airing one US season per year during the spring, there really is no rush to film anything. The crew for TAR 32 has already secured the record for the longest time to wait for their season to air, and they still have another four to six months to wait. That's a long wait to post pictures with your new TAR buddies on Instagram.

It could be the end of the original American version. As Phil is super busy with his hectic work schedule. That might not wait for less than two years after TAR 32 has last filmed.

JMO

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #149 on: October 11, 2019, 10:41:48 PM »

It could be the end of the original American version. As Phil is super busy with his hectic work schedule. That might not wait for less than two years after TAR 32 has last filmed.

JMO
I'd really hate to see this being the beginning of the end. I think one of the things I've been noticing more from the other reality TV competitions that are still successful like Survivor, American Ninja Warrior, heck even Big Brother which I can no longer stand is that the contestants do seem like they are connected with everyone inside and outside of their show well. Even the first season of Love Island being shoved down everyone's bloated stomachs had some people talking about the contestants at least. I wish TAR continued with Elimination Station and the drama and raw passion of the race as a journey rather than focusing on showing teams doing the tasks and un-rushedly taxiing. The former is really a part of what made the show feel a lot more interconnected as a community for racers, fans and viewers.

The real ingredient TAR is lacking right now: social interactions.

And it's not looking good as season 32's racers are still anxiously waiting to be able to talk about the racers on their season if it's even on their minds anymore. I can't even imagine how hard the winners have to hold it in.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)