Author Topic: TAR 33 ORIGINAL PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)  (Read 106915 times)

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 33 PRE-RACE Speculation (dates/cast/routes)
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2019, 11:08:29 AM »
South Africa is such, a good place to go with the Garden Route. Crazy that they, have not done Bloukrans Bridge Bungee Jump yet on the US TAR.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2019, 12:27:50 PM »
I really hope there will be at least equal MM/FF ratio this season. In last 3 seasons, we had 5 more MM teams than FF teams!!! Sexist as hell. Also TAR31 & TAR32 all had only 3 females in F6, so I would say they would try to prevent this to happen 3rd season in a row, so cast would consists of stronger FF teams and weaker MM teams like in TAR14/17/25.

Is there some showmance in BB21 who you can see in TAR33? (I quit BB)

Route - Europe, Asia & probably 2 legs in Africa for sure. SA??? Maybe... But I just can't see to Australia/NZ to happen. That continent is boring in producents eyes, too similiar to US.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2019, 12:50:42 PM »
But I just can't see to Australia/NZ to happen. That continent is boring in producents eyes, too similiar to US.

Can't be too boring if they are doing a whole TARaus Season! :funny:

So many fun places we could go... I would LOVE a leg both places!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2019, 02:21:00 PM »
But I just can't see to Australia/NZ to happen. That continent is boring in producents eyes, too similiar to US.

Can't be too boring if they are doing a whole TARaus Season! :funny:

So many fun places we could go... I would LOVE a leg both places!!

TARAUS4 is supposed to travel internationally, no? :D

I mean I would love AU/NZ revisit too, but I just think production is over that continent, lol. NZ adventure legs are replaced by Switzerland now, and Australian cities are too similiar to US finale cities.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2019, 03:54:43 PM »
But Australia is still an absolutely massive country. They have yet to visit Uluru, Tasmania, Cable Beach or Kangaroo Island. Plus there are still major Australian cities that have yet to be visited (Melbourne, Adelaide, Canberra, etc).

And correct me if I’m wrong, but we’ve never had a completely urban Auckland leg, right?
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2019, 04:03:52 PM »
What's the airport situation like in Australia? I know Sydney has a huge airport but logistically I could see them having a hard time getting other places. Australia is so big and no one lives in the interior.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2019, 06:14:46 PM »
What's the airport situation like in Australia? I know Sydney has a huge airport but logistically I could see them having a hard time getting other places. Australia is so big and no one lives in the interior.

Sydney and Melbourne are the main airports in Australia. From these two hubs, they can connect to more remote places in Australia!

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2019, 06:19:55 PM »

Sydney and Melbourne are the main airports in Australia. From these two hubs, they can connect to more remote places in Australia!

Can they easily get to outside Australia tho?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2019, 06:44:17 PM »

Yes.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline zacz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2019, 05:13:44 AM »

Yes many flight to Asia especially

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2019, 01:53:17 PM »
Both Alice Springs and Uluru airports have nonstop flights to Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, which all have connections to Asia and the U.S.!

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2019, 09:13:01 PM »
Leg 1: LA  to Busan, SK
Leg 2: Busan to Taipei, Taiwan
Leg 3: Taipei to Singapore
Leg 3: Singapore to Malaysia (No flight)
Leg 4: Malaysia to Melbourne
Leg 5: Melbourne to Perth
Leg 6: Perth to Cape Town, SA
Leg 7: Rural SA leg
Leg 8: Cape Town to Lagos, Nigeria
Leg 9: Lagos to  Madrid, Spain
Leg 10: Madrid to Lisbon, Portugal
Leg 11: Lisbon to San Juan, Costa Rica
Leg 12: San Juan to Nashville, TN

I was thinking something like this but Perth to Cape Town is 13 hours. Lol now I know why they haven't been to Oceania in a while, it's a long trip no matter where you come from. 

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2019, 10:14:55 PM »
Both Alice Springs and Uluru airports have nonstop flights to Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, which all have connections to Asia and the U.S.!

Apollo Bay, Ballarat, Bendigo, Great Otway, Healesville, Queenscliff, Port Campbell and Yering are fairly remote just located outside Melbourne.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 10:18:00 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2019, 12:09:10 AM »

Apollo Bay, Ballarat, Bendigo, Great Otway, Healesville, Queenscliff, Port Campbell and Yering are fairly remote just located outside Melbourne.

If I remember correctly, every visit to Australia has had 1 urban and 1 rural leg...

Sydney and Coober Pedy in Season 2
Brisbane and rural north Queensland in Seasaon 4
Perth and Arnhem Land in Season 9
Sydney and Broken Hill in Season 18

With what you're saying Claude, a leg on the Great Ocean Road could make a great second leg in Australia after a potential urban Melbourne leg!

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2019, 01:01:36 AM »

The only problem here, is that these cities aren't big enough to host TAR legs!

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2019, 01:25:13 AM »
True, but multiple small towns could be used in sequence!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2019, 04:17:56 AM »

A self-driving leg along the Great Ocean Road seems possible

Offline zacz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2019, 07:59:15 AM »

Why would they be too small for a more rural based leg? The tasks can be out in the surrounding countryside. They have used much smaller places in previous seasons. Plus the whole leg could be based on a selfdriving trip with tasks along the way with the town centre as the pitstop.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2019, 03:09:25 PM »
So since 31/32 had a combined total of one African leg, I’m betting that we’re getting several for 33
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2019, 04:36:33 PM »
So since 31/32 had a combined total of one African leg, I’m betting that we’re getting several for 33

I definitely agree. If memory serves correctly, only Seasons 1, 5, 7, 10, and 30 had three legs in Africa. Perhaps we could see something similar? I wonder if 4 African legs would be out of the question? Fingers crossed!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2019, 12:09:38 AM »

I definitely agree. If memory serves correctly, only Seasons 1, 5, 7, 10, and 30 had three legs in Africa. Perhaps we could see something similar? I wonder if 4 African legs would be out of the question? Fingers crossed!

Season 32 will not visit Africa as we never had 4 consecutive Africa legs before. IN MY OPINION>
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 12:16:25 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2019, 06:42:18 AM »
Is this the first time they’ve filmed two consecutive seasons the same time of year? 32 is pretty South America/ SE Asia heavy bc of it being filmed in the US’s fall. They need to do something different. Afaik the only reason they didn’t film a season this spring/summer is that 32 was rough on the production team and they wanted a break. That may be wrong but I think Phil said it was three weeks in before they even slept in a bed.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2019, 07:41:32 AM »
Honest speculation on possible routes is okay.

But lets not turn this into a wishlist thread please? We have another place for that.

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2019, 09:43:23 AM »
Is this the first time they’ve filmed two consecutive seasons the same time of year? 32 is pretty South America/ SE Asia heavy bc of it being filmed in the US’s fall. They need to do something different. Afaik the only reason they didn’t film a season this spring/summer is that 32 was rough on the production team and they wanted a break. That may be wrong but I think Phil said it was three weeks in before they even slept in a bed.
I remember Phil saying 32 was one of the toughest season for them to film.

Offline cerealking

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2019, 10:06:17 AM »
I remember Phil saying 32 was one of the toughest season for them to film.

He said it was tied with 3 for toughest.