Author Topic: TAR Canada 7: Speculation & Discussion of SPOILERS  (Read 133094 times)

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada 7: Speculation & Discussion of SPOILERS
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2019, 04:07:49 PM »
I could believe a leg finally in the "and Labrador" part of the province officially named Newfoundland & Labrador. How have they have not covered it yet?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2019, 04:14:13 PM »
For an Asia leg, my bet would be Japan, but Ive been saying this for the last 3 years lol
I don't know why they haven't done a leg there, I mean they took a flight there to go to Indonesia last year, and I see a big connection with Canada and Japan.

If not Japan, then maybe Hawaii, Australia or the Philippines (lots of immigrants in Canada from there).

As a Filipino, Philippines is reeling with the recent earthquakes in the country. Manila wasn't affected with those earthquakes and that could be the first International leg for this season.

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2019, 05:39:10 PM »
Internationally speaking...we just had a leg in Manila. I'd prefer somewhere new myself.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2019, 05:42:28 PM »
Perhaps skipping Asia and going to South America or Europe. Lots of connections out of YVR, Edmonton and Calgary.

Offline Princessbellabrown

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2019, 05:52:48 PM »
I'm wondering if the international legs will be back-to back this time since Leg 5 is a lot longer into the season to start them than usual

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2019, 06:12:57 PM »
I'm wondering if the international legs will be back-to back this time since Leg 5 is a lot longer into the season to start them than usual

I was just thinking the same thing. And a connection from Yellowknife will require at least two more connections...doesn't seem the best choice.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2019, 06:24:07 PM »

I was just thinking the same thing. And a connection from Yellowknife will require at least two more connections...doesn't seem the best choice.

Well they could take a flight to Calgary and Vancouver  and then to the final international destination from there

Offline Charliebibi

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2019, 07:55:35 PM »
Legs in Quebec will be tricky this year because a lot of our province is experiencing horrible floods. I wonder if they had a leg planned where the worst of the floods hit.

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2019, 08:01:04 PM »
It might be hard logistically, but i'd like to see them go somewhere in Northern Quebec.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2019, 08:06:15 PM »
Legs in Quebec will be tricky this year because a lot of our province is experiencing horrible floods. I wonder if they had a leg planned where the worst of the floods hit.

The Ottawa River was badly flooded when they were there in S4.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2019, 08:47:07 PM »
And also the Fredericton leg last year, no?
(Or that was when it was airing? I'm confused)

Anyway if they do Quebec this year (If....) I think they will do Montreal (Toronto and Vancouver both got 3 legs) and if they do another one, then maybe a share leg with Labrador (Fermont/Wabush-Labrador City) or somewhere a bit further (Abitibi/Saguenay or Estrie) or even something close to Montreal, like Chambly/Saint-Jean sur Richelieu

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2019, 09:01:21 PM »
It was completely bizarre how Quebec was left out last season therefore i would not be surprised if it got two legs this season to compensate. I also expect a leg in either Thunder Bay or Niagara Falls as I can't see Ontario only being used as a starting line.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2019, 09:15:36 PM »
And also the Fredericton leg last year, no?
(Or that was when it was airing? I'm confused)

Anyway if they do Quebec this year (If....) I think they will do Montreal (Toronto and Vancouver both got 3 legs) and if they do another one, then maybe a share leg with Labrador (Fermont/Wabush-Labrador City) or somewhere a bit further (Abitibi/Saguenay or Estrie) or even something close to Montreal, like Chambly/Saint-Jean sur Richelieu

Yes, I seem to remember it was when it filmed.

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2019, 09:15:51 PM »
Very likely that today was the crew set up day was today and the actual filming is tomorrow. Stay tuned!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2019, 09:39:33 PM »
Very likely that today was the crew set up day was today and the actual filming is tomorrow. Stay tuned!

You could be right. The main crew (not the camera & sound that  follow the teams) is huge and they have a ton of gear. It must be crazy logistically to keep them ahead of the racers, especially on a city move.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2019, 07:20:23 AM »
It was completely bizarre how Quebec was left out last season therefore i would not be surprised if it got two legs this season to compensate. I also expect a leg in either Thunder Bay or Niagara Falls as I can't see Ontario only being used as a starting line.

Seconding all of the above.

Offline Waynethurson

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2019, 10:45:21 AM »
For an Asia leg, my bet would be Japan, but Ive been saying this for the last 3 years lol
I don't know why they haven't done a leg there, I mean they took a flight there to go to Indonesia last year, and I see a big connection with Canada and Japan.

If not Japan, then maybe Hawaii, Australia or the Philippines (lots of immigrants in Canada from there).

Based on previous comments about the show's budget and not filming in high costs countries by showrunner Mark Lysakowski, I'd be very surprised if TARC will ever have a leg in Japan. They've flown through Japan a couple of times in previous season so there was opportunity but they didn't stop. Same goes for Hawaii; the Canadian dollar is just too low and the cost of productionvwxuhm would be huge. The Philippines would make more sense, possibly Australia but only in and around one major city.

Offline Waynethurson

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2019, 10:52:36 AM »
Internationally speaking...we just had a leg in Manila. I'd prefer somewhere new myself.

The production team for TARC doesn't pay a lot of attention to other editions so for the most part, they have little idea where other shows have gone. It can be good because they don't react to what other editions have done and find their own way but at the same time, they also don't learn from the mistakes of other editions.

Offline Waynethurson

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2019, 10:58:52 AM »
Then that means two of these 3 are out:

- Jet/Dave
- James & Anthony
- Team #8 (African-Canadian f/f)

I would be SHOCK to see Jet/Dave go in the first 2 episodes :O

Jet and Dave gone on the first couple of legs completely ruins TARC's whole Vote a Team to return plan. Fans who voted for them, hoping to see more of them in the race will be very disappointed. Also, according to some sources, this plan was hatched at the last minute and seemed to be a very seat of the pants kind of thing.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2019, 11:02:30 AM »

- Jet/Dave
- James & Anthony

Jet and Dave gone on the first couple of legs completely ruins TARC's whole Vote a Team to return plan. Fans who voted for them, hoping to see more of them in the race will be very disappointed. Also, according to some sources, this plan was hatched at the last minute and seemed to be a very seat of the pants kind of thing.

Yeah, that's what Dave said in an interview with Rob Has a Podcast. Production just kinda sprang this news on them about a week before the vote was announced.

They had almost no time to get back into racing-ready shape after 7 years. For this, I suspect Frankie & Amy would have gotten farther.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 11:14:19 AM by Maanca »

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2019, 11:26:34 AM »

- Jet/Dave
- James & Anthony

Yeah, that's what Dave said in an interview with Rob Has a Podcast. Production just kinda sprang this news on them about a week before the vote was announced.

They had almost no time to get back into racing-ready shape after 7 years. For this, I suspect Frankie & Amy would have gotten farther.

Jet and Dave stood the best chance at winning of the 3 fan teams. They other teams weren't strong racers, only entertaining.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Waynethurson

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2019, 11:52:18 AM »

- Jet/Dave
- James & Anthony

Yep, that's what I heard, about a week before the launch of the vote, the teams were asked to participate. Some said no. Also, again prior to the opening of casting applications, many teams were asked about an all-star season. Again, a number said no for a variety of reasons: don't hang out with, date, or like former teammate; too busy; applied for Survivor.

Online Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2019, 11:59:55 AM »

Yep, that's what I heard, about a week before the launch of the vote, the teams were asked to participate. Some said no. Also, again prior to the opening of casting applications, many teams were asked about an all-star season. Again, a number said no for a variety of reasons: don't hang out with, date, or like former teammate; too busy; applied for Survivor.

hmmm "tried out for Survivor? I wonder if we'll see any TARC racers on the next Survivor season?

Offline toronTAR

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2019, 12:05:27 PM »
All 3 teams have their weaknesses. Jet and Dave are weak in detail-oriented tasks (Chinese calligraphy in Vancouver, recreating Halloween decorations in Nova Scotia) so I would not be surprised if they had problems with these kind of tasks and eventually be eliminated. Brent and Sean would probably last the longest among the 3 teams. They are the only final 3 team too.

I rewatched the S1 Nova Scotia episode because I will be going there next week. :lol: I should rewatch the S3 one too.

They should wait until S11 just like the US version for an all-stars season, imho.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 12:08:37 PM by toronTAR »

Offline Waynethurson

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2019, 12:17:30 PM »

hmmm "tried out for Survivor? I wonder if we'll see any TARC racers on the next Survivor season?

They only applied, like many, many Canadians did. Whether they got further is not known.