Author Topic: TAR 32: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 133158 times)

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 32: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #950 on: November 21, 2020, 04:17:08 PM »
I think the 1st episode in India on the mega leg will end in a "to be continued" screen because originally it was scheduled to end the 2nd double episode of the season however due to the US presidential election it is now the 1st episode in the 2nd double episode of the season.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #951 on: November 21, 2020, 11:20:00 PM »
One other possible difference from a Mega Leg to previous KOR Legs: Since its two roadblocks in one leg, and since Season 16 it has become custom to have each roadblock in a double roadblock episode completed by a different team member, then I am assuming that it is required that each roadblock is done by a different person. If so, that would put Will and James and Riley and Maddison at a 5-3 count entering Cambodia (if they make it out of India.)

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #952 on: November 21, 2020, 11:22:42 PM »
Not a fan of 11 Legs. I want em 12 Legs. If they went with a Mega Leg (8th Leg), there should have been another country slotted in there after India (Leg 9). Not unless Mega Leg is entirely in Hyderabad and another in one (Leg 9) in a different Indian city.
Tbh it’s twelve legs for all intents and purposes and just a Keep On Racing/No Rest leg but they wanted to get ~fancy~ and not have a Pit Stop in the middle

They should have followed S.9 Brazil - Russia - Germany or S.10 Madagascar - Finland - Ukraine.
I would have preferred this format.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #953 on: November 22, 2020, 01:30:49 AM »
The reference to “double the distance” could mean anything at the point, but my mind keeps making me think of TAR 10, leg 9, where there was no mat and no Phil at the halfway point, just a clue box outside of Helsinki Olympic Stadium. I’m able to visualize it in my mind without having gone back to watch. Same thing for TAR 9 in Moscow near Red Square, but Phil was there without a mat. But I do think the TAR 10 leg format is the closest fit.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 04:47:43 AM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #954 on: November 22, 2020, 02:16:25 AM »
I think the double the distance is just hyperbole to make the Mega Leg sound even more special

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #955 on: November 22, 2020, 05:57:25 AM »
No wonder this season was hard to film & produce. Whew, they were flying to a new country each Leg minus France to Germany.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #956 on: November 22, 2020, 05:59:01 AM »
I think the double the distance is just hyperbole to make the Mega Leg sound even more special

Mega Leg is just a rebranded double-length Leg. It's like homage to S.7 India where it happens on the 8th Leg as well.

Offline sidqisuradimaja

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #957 on: November 25, 2020, 09:07:15 AM »
No wonder this season was hard to film & produce. Whew, they were flying to a new country each Leg minus France to Germany.

What? new country? Only Trinidad & Tobago is the new country, the rest is no...

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #958 on: November 25, 2020, 09:12:44 AM »

What? new country? Only Trinidad & Tobago is the new country, the rest is no...

The better wording was probably different country each leg.

Offline Linda BC2

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #959 on: November 25, 2020, 10:11:12 AM »
Do you think "Mega" might refer to one of the tasks or perhaps many tasks that are linked?

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
« Reply #960 on: November 25, 2020, 01:47:33 PM »
Did this article spoil Will & James U-Turning Kaylynn & Haley...? (Photo at the end of the article)
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
« Reply #961 on: November 25, 2020, 02:47:55 PM »
Did this article spoil Will & James U-Turning Kaylynn & Haley...? (Photo at the end of the article)
What article are you talking about?

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #962 on: November 25, 2020, 03:02:20 PM »
What article are you talking about?
Shoot, I thought I linked it! My bad  :groan:

https://www.outtraveler.com/travelogue/2020/11/25/will-and-jamess-guide-amazing-race-episode-8

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #963 on: November 25, 2020, 10:01:56 PM »
Considering the "true alliance" really don't like DeAngelo & Gary now, could that add some support to the idea that there's a Voting U-Turn in Manila and they were the victims of it?

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #964 on: November 25, 2020, 10:19:25 PM »
Considering the "true alliance" really don't like DeAngelo & Gary now, could that add some support to the idea that there's a Voting U-Turn in Manila and they were the victims of it?

I doubt there will be voting U-Turn this season, especially for the f4 leg and if it is, then it will be  a bad idea lol. My take for the twist in Manila is that the start of the race and the pit stop are in the same location merely
what might have been

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #965 on: November 25, 2020, 11:04:33 PM »

I doubt there will be voting U-Turn this season, especially for the f4 leg and if it is, then it will be  a bad idea lol. My take for the twist in Manila is that the start of the race and the pit stop are in the same location merely
But the question is why Phil sent them off at the start and why they were all their at the same time

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #966 on: November 25, 2020, 11:12:37 PM »

But the question is why Phil sent them off at the start and why they were all their at the same time
I'm still convinced on my original theory that Phil gives them a list of tasks they have to complete in any order before checking back in. Last team to arrive elimination protocol. Of course, me liking this idea is up in the air. I may abhor it. I may tolerate it.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #967 on: November 25, 2020, 11:41:08 PM »
That would be interesting and it makes sense to try such a potentially clusterfrak of an idea with only 4 teams instead of say 8 or 10 lol

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #968 on: November 30, 2020, 03:54:11 PM »
Press photos are out...and they spoiled who gets U-Turned! They literally put up a picture of the completed U-Turn board. This happened last week too when a preview article had a picture of Will & James Yielding Kaylynn & Haley. I genuinely fathom why they would do this.  :groan:

If anybody wants to know what happens regarding the U-Turn:
Show content
Eswar & Aparna are U-Turned by DeAngelo & Gary and DeAngelo & Gary are U-Turned by Riley & Maddison. There's a picture of NFL and the Beards next to an empty U-Turn board so I'm thinking they used the Natalie & Nadiya strategy to get Eswar & Aparna out for some reason...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 03:59:08 PM by Malcooolm »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #969 on: November 30, 2020, 04:01:06 PM »
First,  :groan:

Second, that was the most logical scenario as soon as it was revealed the second U-Turn on the promo after listening to the other three teams.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #970 on: December 02, 2020, 01:19:51 PM »

Second, that was the most logical scenario as soon as it was revealed the second U-Turn on the promo after listening to the other three teams.

Did they remove it already? I haven't seen any press photos for tonight's episode.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #971 on: December 02, 2020, 01:26:31 PM »

Did they remove it already? I haven't seen any press photos for tonight's episode.
https://www.viacomcbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/the-amazing-race/photos?page=3

It's still there! Row four, column three

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #972 on: December 02, 2020, 01:33:29 PM »
here...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #973 on: December 02, 2020, 01:35:33 PM »
CBS really doesn't care about TAR to the point they'll blatantly spoil things like this -_-

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #974 on: December 02, 2020, 02:26:50 PM »
I feel like casual fans won't even bother looking at these press photos, but it still kinda sucks that TAR revealed the U-turn results even tho we knew who's possibly elimd this leg.

Also, does it mean NFL finished the detour first? Or could it be H/C didn't use the U-Turn? Only W/J, R/M are likely to U-turn NFL.