The Amazing Race > Amazing Race 32 Start to Finish!

TAR 32 Pre-Race MEDIA

(1/13) > >>

Plaidmoon:
Andy Dehnart at Reality Blurred has posted some information about the current plans for casting and filming TAR 32 which apparently will be happening before the end of this year, probably in November.  It also appears that the plan is to have a traditional cast of people new to the show and not any returning people or people from other reality shows. Yay!  :jumpy:

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2018/07/amazing-race-32-casting-teams-lynne-spillman/

Amazing Race 32 casting teams of two—and Lynne Spillman is involved

by Andy Dehnart 6 Jul. 2018 | 8:19 pm

The Amazing Race 32 is now casting, with finals scheduled for the end of this month. The show just concluded filming season 31 on July 3 in Detroit, and will film season 32 in November, a return to its typical production cycle.

The casting has been advertised by the show’s long-time casting director, Lynne Spiegel Spillman, which is notable only because she was recently fired from casting Survivor. She had cast both CBS competition shows since their first seasons, and appears to be continuing with Amazing Race despite whatever happened with Survivor.

While TAR 31’s cast consists entirely CBS reality star pairs, the show appears to be returning to a typical season of regular players for TAR 32.

The Amazing Race’s casting website says specifically that the show wants people with pre-existing relationships:

We are looking for a Teams of two! You must have a pre-existing relationship with the person. If you are not familiar with the show, please go to CBS.com and become familiar with the show.

Typically we choose teams that have known each other a minimum of one year. We choose relationships that are “relatable”. For your best chance of getting on the show, please refer to past seasons 1-30.

DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CAN NOT TAKE OFF WORK TO FILM THE SHOW!

Anyone age 21 and up can apply with a teammate.

The casting site’s FAQ refers to season 31 in its answers. For example, it says, “The filming dates for the season we are casting are sometime between May 30th and June 30th 2018, for approximately 25-30 days.”

The TAR 32 casting notice on Instagram

Casting director Lynne Spillman posted about this on Instragram this week, and in one of the comments, said that finals casting will be later this month followed by production in November.

Several past CBS and non-CBS reality show contestants responded to that post on Instagram and suggested themselves for the cast.

That included Jessica “Sugar” Kiper, who came in third on Survivor Gabon, who wrote, “My husband and I would be perfect, except, by the end of traveling for the first 24 hours, we’d be threatening divorce… but that’s probably good tv.”

American Grit season two competitor Michael Morgan posted “You willing to give two American Grit competitors a chance?” and added “our contracts are null and void! We definitely played Grit with strategy, skill and determination.”

Maanca:
Has 32 actually been greenlighted? Got a hunch the ratings for 31 could be pretty volatile because a lot of the BB and Survivor fans will only stick around as long as their favourite team does. And at the same time, a lot of the loyals may avoid the season because of this.

I ♥ TAR:
Pretty sure that they "looked for teams of two" last 4 seasons too, and we all know what happened.

I really hope this is finally "normal" season again, without cast gimmick.

theschnauzers:

--- Quote from: Maanca on July 07, 2018, 05:11:19 PM ---Has 32 actually been greenlighted? Got a hunch the ratings for 31 could be pretty volatile because a lot of the BB and Survivor fans will only stick around as long as their favourite team does. And at the same time, a lot of the loyals may avoid the season because of this.

--- End quote ---
I would interpret Lynnw Spellman's IG Post as an pretty strong indication that season 32 has in fact been greenlighted. Phil said in interviews in the spring that he expect filming of two seasons this year (June and December) and noted the support of the current CBS network president who got TAR that Wednesday at 8pm timeslot, and is enthusiastic about the show. And Phil is totally aware of the fanbase demand for a normal casted season without stunt casting of "normal people doing extraordinary things." I also see this as a possible scheduling decision to alternate Survivor-TAR-Survivor-TAR in that time slot.

ianthebalance:
I'm not buying the all new normal people until it actually happens

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version