Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 583807 times)

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #2875 on: April 11, 2019, 03:24:13 PM »
Maybe the second task if like they do in one of those late night show (Jimmy Fallon I think) where they have to point to an object that they think if made of food, and then they have to bite in it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRIts-E2CJE

Maybe it's the same object (shoes) but out of the 30 shoes, only 15 are made from food, while the rest is made from wood lol

Yeah, now that I saw clear, non-distorted (from zooming all the way in) press photos, it definitely looks like it's something like this.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2876 on: April 12, 2019, 05:57:01 PM »
After reading Phil's assessment of the teams in the Parade interview, he mentions how teams shouldn't underestimate Rachel & Elissa. I wonder if they had been doing well throughout the early part of the Race (we rarely saw them with the other teams. Outside of that group airport photo, I don't think we saw them with anyone else other than Janelle/Britney and Leo/Jamal. They could've been far ahead or far behind.

But with Phil's comment, maybe they ended up being U-Turned out of the Race. Especially if the eventual final 4/5 teams minus Leo & Jamal were a loose alliance. (Again, judging from who seemed to always be together in photos)

:duno: :carryon:

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2877 on: April 13, 2019, 11:19:53 AM »
Unfollowing Victor and Nicole leads one to suspect that they backstabbed the Sisters in Switzerland.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2878 on: April 14, 2019, 06:56:42 AM »
Unfollowing Victor and Nicole leads one to suspect that they backstabbed the Sisters in Switzerland.

Great. I thought teams were not supposed to leak out information on social media?  :funny:

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2879 on: April 15, 2019, 12:13:38 AM »
All four are such millennials.

Anyhow, the Kampala parking lot featured in the intro might turn up on the course as a variation of 24's Sri Lankan gas-station Roadblock, incidentally on the sixth leg of its season too.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2880 on: April 15, 2019, 02:50:30 PM »
Not sure if this will be a hint to a task, but Amazing Race just posted a picture of Phil shaving in what's clearly Switzerland.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwSWxEWhcXo/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2881 on: April 15, 2019, 07:44:55 PM »
Not sure if this will be a hint to a task, but Amazing Race just posted a picture of Phil shaving in what's clearly Switzerland.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwSWxEWhcXo/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I still reckon it's Laos (like I commented)! :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2882 on: April 15, 2019, 07:58:06 PM »
Looks like Switzerland to me...I think we have spoiler oics there as well.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2884 on: April 16, 2019, 01:45:16 PM »
Wouldn't be surprised, because Nicole wasn't above backstabbing anyone the second time around

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2885 on: April 16, 2019, 02:16:17 PM »
Wouldn't be surprised, because Nicole wasn't above backstabbing anyone the second time around
I think I also read that Rachel and Janelle were critical of Nicole's gameplay on BB as well.

Will be interesting to see how much, if any, outside/pre-show relationships will be a factor in the show. Mostly between the BB teams really. I don't think the Survivor teams have significant pre-Race history with each other?

And the two TAR teams who have history with Rachel, I see them more working with her than against her, especially Leo & Jamal.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2886 on: April 16, 2019, 10:28:09 PM »
I think I also read that Rachel and Janelle were critical of Nicole's gameplay on BB as well.

Will be interesting to see how much, if any, outside/pre-show relationships will be a factor in the show. Mostly between the BB teams really. I don't think the Survivor teams have significant pre-Race history with each other?

And the two TAR teams who have history with Rachel, I see them more working with her than against her, especially Leo & Jamal.
Leo seems to have a pretty good relationship with Rachel indeed (judging from their interaction on IG)
Maybe they will form an alliance together?

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2887 on: April 16, 2019, 10:35:15 PM »
Leo seems to have a pretty good relationship with Rachel indeed (judging from their interaction on IG)

If I recall correctly, Leo and Jamal and Rachel and Elissa were walking together through an airport in one of the live sightings back during filming, so I would not be shocked if there was an alliance there.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 10:39:11 PM by Jro »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2888 on: April 17, 2019, 12:21:25 AM »
There's also that little moment at the Starting Line from the preview clip of Rachel and Leo & Jamal kind of having fun pointing at each other.
Reminds me of the great moment when Rachel & Brendon ran to hug Mark & Bopper after Phil announced Bopper couldn't Race.

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #2889 on: April 17, 2019, 02:07:27 AM »
According to the TAR31 Wikipedia page, the Head-To-Head WILL return this season!

Did we see the Head-To-Head in the spoilers back in June/July? ???

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2890 on: April 17, 2019, 02:36:22 AM »
Phil mentioned it in his interviews. He also said he doesn't see any difference between the Head to Head being at the end or beginning of a Leg.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #2891 on: April 17, 2019, 10:16:03 AM »
Pff. He's a moron if he doesn't. It's been talked about here multiple times how putting the H2H at the end of a leg diminishes the significance of any prior tasks.
The best and fairest way to incorporate this twist would be after an HOH where teams sign on a list in order of arrival.

Great. I thought teams were not supposed to leak out information on social media?  :funny:
Social media is a huge basis for Survivor spoilers.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2892 on: April 17, 2019, 01:57:55 PM »

If I recall correctly, Leo and Jamal and Rachel and Elissa were walking together through an airport in one of the live sightings back during filming, so I would not be shocked if there was an alliance there.
I think this was in Dubai when all the other teams were spotted at the early morning Pit Start without them and then all of a sudden Leo & Jamal and Rachel & Elissa popped up at the airport. I would like to believe they were far ahead of the other teams until we actually see the episode :funny:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2893 on: April 17, 2019, 07:09:56 PM »
From the Us Weekly interview with Rachel & Elissa, maybe a little more confirmation that we likely won't see the Reillys teaming up with Victor & Nicole on the show lol
Us: Who were you worried about and then who did you want to team up with?

Elissa: But I was excited about Nicole because I thought her and I did have a friendship off of the show. However, when you get into the show things change very quickly. So then you just realize, no. Everyone is just there for themselves and they will do whatever they have to do. A lot of people went in there with the Big Brother mentality, the Big Brother cast did, so they still thought that they had to strategize.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2894 on: April 17, 2019, 08:40:04 PM »
This is the second season in a row where the final 3 placed top 3 in the first leg. Possibly the second season in a row where the 2nd place team in leg one won in the finale, 3rd place team in leg one finished 2nd in the finale, and 1st place in leg one finished 3rd in the finale.

Interesting tidbit.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #2895 on: April 17, 2019, 09:04:13 PM »
^ Oh wow!
I remember this about last season now. Don't think there have been any other instances, actually. Maybe like 1.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2896 on: April 17, 2019, 09:22:36 PM »
^ Oh wow!
I remember this about last season now. Don't think there have been any other instances, actually. Maybe like 1.

Only three other times in addition to this season: Season 1, Season 20, and Season 30. Pretty good amount of instances of two of three final 3 teams finishing top three in the first leg but all three is pretty rare.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2897 on: April 17, 2019, 09:33:21 PM »
From the Us Weekly interview with Rachel & Elissa, maybe a little more confirmation that we likely won't see the Reillys teaming up with Victor & Nicole on the show lol
Us: Who were you worried about and then who did you want to team up with?

Elissa: But I was excited about Nicole because I thought her and I did have a friendship off of the show. However, when you get into the show things change very quickly. So then you just realize, no. Everyone is just there for themselves and they will do whatever they have to do. A lot of people went in there with the Big Brother mentality, the Big Brother cast did, so they still thought that they had to strategize.

With the TARAUS2 twist now in play, it's very palpable.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #2898 on: April 17, 2019, 10:14:18 PM »
Adding onto my list of random fun facts: Only the third time, and second time in a row where the bottom 3 teams in the first leg were eliminated from the race in that order.

First time ever that the bottom four teams in the first leg were eliminated in that order.

Also, IF Rachel and Elissa get u-turned by the u-turn vote like the previews of the season make it seem, it's the second season in a row where the 4th place team in leg one gets u-turned and eliminated in 7th place.

Some weird similarities with last season lol.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 10:17:31 PM by Jro »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #2899 on: April 18, 2019, 12:12:41 AM »
So does Phil himself conduct the U-Turn vote?! And with all teams present?! What in the world?! A U-Turn Vote Ceremony Council of some sort would be very strange.

But anyway, it looks like that location was indeed Switzerland. So it certainly looks more likely Rachel & Elissa were U-Turned out of the Race. And I could see everyone except Leo & Jamal and maybe Tyler & Korey likely voting for them.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 12:16:19 AM by dryedmangoez »