Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 580165 times)

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #1200 on: June 21, 2018, 01:31:44 AM »
Could it be 4 legs right now?

Leg 1 Tokyo
Leg 2 Luang Prabang
Leg 3 Vietnam (To Be continued leg)
Leg 4 Dubai
We could have had NEL or KORs to keep the amounts of teams
Having 9 teams running leg 5 has happened before (Season 18)

Leo and Jamal popping up not necessary hinting there is only one leg in HCMC, but rather there could be both of the HCMCs are NELs (it has happened! S25's Philippines)
Right now I am leaning towards the following situation :
Leg 1 > Tokyo > Art & JJ out? :duno:
Leg 2 > Laos > Rupert & Laura out?  :duno:
Leg 3 > HCMC > KOR
Leg 4 > HCMC > NEL
Leg 5 > Dubai > one team eliminated

Though I have to admit this is not likely :zz:

Offline Rgm888

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1201 on: June 21, 2018, 01:33:36 AM »
Weird that they were in Laos for one leg only considering that country is hard to get.

Leg 1=Tokyo (Art/JJ)
Leg 2=Luang Prabang (Rupert/Laura)
Leg 3=HCMC (Eliza/Corinne)  :'(
Leg 4=Dubai (NEL or Janelle/Brit  :'()

Sooo we are only at Leg 5 now?????
Corrine and Eliza were reported by Peach to be at the club in Dubai, so I'm going to disagree they were eliminated in Vietnam. I will agree that this likely is only Leg 4 that just finished in Dubai since so many teams remain. The extra days might best be explained by how hard it is to get in and out of Laos and the protests reported to be happening around the time they were in HCMC.

You're right. So the HCMC leg is a NEL. And either Eliza or Janelle got the boot last night Dubai time. One of them should still be racing.

How do we know that either Eliza/Corrine or janelle/Britney got eliminated in Dubai? We only saw two teams at the airport leaving Dubai.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1202 on: June 21, 2018, 01:35:23 AM »
Our current thought is that it is one Leg. The half may be just looking for a travel ticketing agent or something, we aren't sure. But timewise that's all we had.

Yeah, it would be nice if we're all wrong and we do get two Laos Legs. But  :duno: nothing we can do about it I guess.

It does present interesting possibilities about the 2nd half of the Race now then depending on what Leg number Dubai was.

Offline Bigbrothertar

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1203 on: June 21, 2018, 01:37:13 AM »
Is there a chance Janelle and Britney is still in it?

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1204 on: June 21, 2018, 01:39:45 AM »
Could it be 4 legs right now?

Leg 1 Tokyo
Leg 2 Luang Prabang
Leg 3 Vietnam (To Be continued leg)
Leg 4 Dubai
We could have had NEL or KORs to keep the amounts of teams
Having 9 teams running leg 5 has happened before (Season 18)

Leo and Jamal popping up not necessary hinting there is only one leg in HCMC, but rather there could be both of the HCMCs are NELs (it has happened! S25's Philippines)
Right now I am leaning towards the following situation :
Leg 1 > Tokyo > Art & JJ out? :duno:
Leg 2 > Laos > Rupert & Laura out?  :duno:
Leg 3 > HCMC > KOR
Leg 4 > HCMC > NEL
Leg 5 > Dubai > one team eliminated

Though I have to admit this is not likely :zz:

Having a NEL right after a KOR doesnt make sense to me. Right now, i'm leaning towards 1 country 1 leg, with the HCMC leg being a NEL.

Edit: maybe there were two legs in Luang Prabang. Weird if they only spent one leg there and there aren't many days left to fit 7 legs

Leg 1: Tokyo (Art/JJ out)
Leg 2: Luang Prabang (Rupert/Laura out)
Leg 3: Luang Prabang (NEL/KOR)
Leg 4: HCMC (elimination)
Leg 5: Dubai (elimination)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 01:45:36 AM by FFGCSDT »

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1205 on: June 21, 2018, 02:16:53 AM »
The planned visit to Laos back in season 19 was only going to be for one leg- why is it weird for this time around?

I’m still leaning toward 2 HCMC legs

Teams we aren’t certain about reaching Dubai:
Britney/Janelle (possibly seen boarding plane- but not 100% confirmed)
Chris/Bret (potentially leading race at nightclub- could’ve been mistaken)
Corinne/Eliza (potentially seen racing at nightclub by several eyewitnesses, but could’ve been mistaken)

Seeing Leo and Jamal had me :faint: :funny:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1206 on: June 21, 2018, 02:17:17 AM »
Until oval can update the timeline with the surprising (!?) new information we have, is this basically where we stand based on concrete, irrefutable photographic evidence?

Eliminated first and second in Japan and Laos are:
Art & JJ
Rupert & Laura

Safe through Laos, connecting through Siem Reap:
Eliza & Corinne - (En route to HCMC - Instagram/REP group photo)
Chris & Bret - (REP group photo)
Tyler & Korey - (REP group photo)
Britney & Janelle - (REP group photo)

Safe through Ho Chi Minh City/Vietnam:
Colin & Christie - (Selfie with fan at HCMC Airport - Weibo)
Nicole & Victor - (Selfie with fan at HCMC Airport - Weibo)
Becca & Floyd - (Seen boarding flight at HCMC Airport - Instagram)

Safe through Dubai:
Rachel & Elissa - (Seen at Dubai airport - Snap)
Leo & Jamal - (Seen at Dubai airport - Snap)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1207 on: June 21, 2018, 03:29:18 AM »
There were definitely two legs (or at least two Pit Stops) in Viet Nam. Teams arrived in Ho Chi Minh City the evening of Sat 16 Jun and were seen racing on Mon 18 Jun. There is no way the same leg could have lasted three full days!

A separate thought. Teams arrived in Dubai the evening of Tue 19 Jun. Phil posted his Instagram picture at the Armani Hotel on Wed 20 Jun at ~8:30pm and his Twitter video at the Dubai Marina at 11:22pm the same evening.
Phil usually flies out once he checks in the teams. Assuming Phil didn't wait a full day before posting, are we looking at two legs in Dubai?

Could someone cross-check when Phil posted his Instagram photo at the Tree of Life last season? Teams checked in there on 19 Oct 2017; the post shows up as 20 Oct on my feed but I'm a few timezones ahead of Bahrain/the US and I'm not sure how timestamps on Instagram work...
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 03:46:16 AM by Neobie »

Offline Gingerinskc

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #1208 on: June 21, 2018, 03:38:17 AM »
The planned visit to Laos back in season 19 was only going to be for one leg- why is it weird for this time around?

Corinne/Eliza (potentially seen racing at nightclub by several eyewitnesses, but could’ve been mistaken)

Why didn’t they go to Laos in season 19? What happened?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #1209 on: June 21, 2018, 03:48:44 AM »
A separate thought. Teams arrived in Dubai the evening of Tue 19 Jun. Phil posted his Instagram picture at the Armani Hotel on Wed 20 Jun at ~8:30pm and his Twitter video at the Dubai Marina at 11:22pm the same evening.
Phil usually flies out once he checks in the teams. Assuming Phil didn't wait a full day before posting, are we looking at two legs in Dubai?

Could someone cross-check when Phil posted his Instagram photo at the Tree of Life last season? Teams checked in there on 19 Oct 2017; the post shows up as 20 Oct on my feed but I'm a few timezones ahead of Bahrain/the US and I'm not sure how timestamps on Instagram work...

Now that would makes things REALLY crazy! lol

About Instagram posts, I believe the time shown in your feed should be your local time regardless of where it was posted from.

Offline ICONBLEED

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1210 on: June 21, 2018, 03:53:35 AM »
Yeah im really miss the chance to catch them here. It was around 8:00 am local time. I asked some airport personnel if there was any filming happened. Shes has no idea as well where heading. Really disappointed i miss a chance. :groan:
Ryan to Abbie
You Spread I'll Pound!!

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1211 on: June 21, 2018, 04:30:53 AM »
There were definitely two legs (or at least two Pit Stops) in Viet Nam. Teams arrived in Ho Chi Minh City the evening of Sat 16 Jun and were seen racing on Mon 18 Jun. There is no way the same leg could have lasted three full days!

Are we sure the Soho night club sighting is on the 19th instead of 20th? We could have an HOO on 19th night to allow the actual racing on 20th.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1212 on: June 21, 2018, 05:10:02 AM »

Are we sure the Soho night club sighting is on the 19th instead of 20th? We could have an HOO on 19th night to allow the actual racing on 20th.

Yes, we're sure the night club was on 19 Jun; Leafsfan posted about it on 20 Jun at 6:18am Dubai-time.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1213 on: June 21, 2018, 05:46:31 AM »
Okay is the Insta with Britney & Leo before or after Dubai because if it's after Dubai then either we definitely had 2 NELs at this point, or one of the teams in the production photo has been cut (or were Chris & Bret sighted anywhere)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline TeamVicoleFan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1214 on: June 21, 2018, 05:57:37 AM »
Okay is the Insta with Britney & Leo before or after Dubai because if it's after Dubai then either we definitely had 2 NELs at this point, or one of the teams in the production photo has been cut (or were Chris & Bret sighted anywhere)

The person that posted the insta pic had insta stories going to the airport 20-23 hours ago but it looks like they were going to an airport leaving New York. Could Leo and Britney and their partners have been going to wherever the sequester house is?  It would help if the person would let us know where they were going.

Offline Katie_TVFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1215 on: June 21, 2018, 06:01:26 AM »
So interesting! Looks like the person goes to school in New York but is from Swaziland Africa maybe she’s traveling home.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1216 on: June 21, 2018, 06:06:07 AM »

The person that posted the insta pic had insta stories going to the airport 20-23 hours ago but it looks like they were going to an airport leaving New York. Could Leo and Britney and their partners have been going to wherever the sequester house is?  It would help if the person would let us know where they were going.

That girl is from Swaziland. Maybe she flew back to her home country from NYC and then transit in Dubai. She ended up in the same flight with Afganimals & Janelle/Britney
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 06:19:42 AM by Nyoman_SB1 »

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1217 on: June 21, 2018, 06:07:25 AM »
But we had Leo & Jamal in Dubai less than 12 hours ago so something doesn't add up if it was NYC

My new theory is that Corinne & Eliza were mistakenly sighted in Dubai and that Chris & Bret flopped at the leg after the Detour (or at this point they too could have been a mistaken sighting and we actually lost them in HCMC)

Either that or we've had 6 legs before leaving Dubai and all 3 of Rachelissa/Afghans/Blondes are out and that would just be outright tragic
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1218 on: June 21, 2018, 06:18:44 AM »
Oh, and in relation to all of that, it's worth pointing out that there is a 4:05 am Emirates flight from Dubai to Johannesburg (which would roughly coincide with the snap where they're told to get tickets and would be a logical connecting point should the Insta poster actually be heading back to Swaziland)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1219 on: June 21, 2018, 06:19:05 AM »
The girl just replied in IG

They are going to Uganda!!!

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1220 on: June 21, 2018, 06:22:58 AM »
The girl just replied in IG

They are going to Uganda!!!

Wow.. Kampala, Uganda

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1221 on: June 21, 2018, 06:23:10 AM »
There is an 9:20 am Emirates flight from Dubai to Kampala!!!
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Katie_TVFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1222 on: June 21, 2018, 06:26:12 AM »
Uganda so cool!! Looks like she said on Instagram comments  they just landed in Ethiopia but the teams were carrying on to Uganda.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1223 on: June 21, 2018, 06:28:00 AM »
I'm expecting 2 Legs in Uganda  :cheer: African nations always get 2 Legs in recent Seasons.
Were Corinne & Eliza or Chris & Bret spotted?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 06:31:33 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Travejunkie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • The World is Waiting...Go
    • Another Pin on the Map
« Reply #1224 on: June 21, 2018, 06:28:14 AM »
They should be arriving really soon, if not already, on one of these flights:

Emirates 729 Dubai 0920 Entebbe 1350                           

Emirates 2446 Dubai 0815 Entebbe 1235

Emirates 719 Dubai 1015 Nairobi 1415
Kenyan Airlines  414 Nairobi 1525 Entebbe 1640

Emirates 723 Dubai 1030 Addis Abbaba 1335
Ethiopian Airlines 334 Addis 1605 Entebbe 1810

Emirates 721 Dubai 1600 Nairobi 2005
Kenyan Airlines 418 Nairobi 0055 the next morning Entebbe 0210                 

Down the waterfall, wherever it may take me.