Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 583831 times)

CocoNuts

Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #725 on: June 18, 2018, 09:27:33 AM »
This is def spec but will add here for continuity. Isn't there something about we cant use our typical flags in NAM because of their flag?  ???

Here is a screencap of a video yest AM. Yellow flag and card of some sort. No other info re racers at all. Forwarded to me from a friend.

Video also but there is no other info. More of a walk thru park video. My friend is asking.

Season 29 was the first time in the history of the race for normal route markers to be used... but they were in smaller places in Vietnam for 29 so still possible

CocoNuts

« Reply #726 on: June 18, 2018, 09:31:46 AM »
I believe you can also see tehre is blue on the back of the shirt, and didnt leo and jamal have an afghanimals logo on theirs? Im just hoping Afghanimals went so rupert and laura are still in :funny:

I speculate 2 legs in vietnam and then we could see them head to africa... We saw vietnam to africa in 22. Especially its so easy to connect through singapore and dubai to the rest of the world.

Is there still a chance for malaysia or papua new guinea or have we crossed them off the list?

CocoNuts

« Reply #727 on: June 18, 2018, 09:33:40 AM »

But we can't confirm for all it is is a yellow flag.... here we have orange flags everywhere!!!

And why are they going back to the yellow route markers when we just got classic ones in NAM? Makes no sense to me

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #728 on: June 18, 2018, 09:35:38 AM »
They've spent all the legs thus far in fairly the same region, so I don't think they would now backtrack to go somewhere like PNG/Malaysia or Oceania, which was talked about a lot a couple pages back for some reason.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #729 on: June 18, 2018, 09:44:08 AM »
Nevermind.

Copyedit: Does the third leg contained the first part on a Marketplace at Sissavangvong Road in Luang Prabang on June 16th, while the rest at HCMC for the remainder of the leg that teams arrived on the same night?

I think it is a similar to Leg 9 in TAR 29 and early TAR seasons.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 10:09:08 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #730 on: June 18, 2018, 09:47:51 AM »
If they're doing a second leg, there's also a bus to the Mekong Delta they could possibly take (as seen on TAR Canada 4)

Offline Travejunkie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • The World is Waiting...Go
    • Another Pin on the Map
« Reply #731 on: June 18, 2018, 09:49:50 AM »
Or from HCMC they could go to one of the beach areas by bus as well - maybe somewhere like Phan Thiet.

Down the waterfall, wherever it may take me.

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #732 on: June 18, 2018, 09:53:17 AM »
Wow so 5 legs in Asia. Assuming one of the legs in Vietnam is a NEL, we're possibly already down to 7 teams with 4 teams eliminated. Rupert/Laura and Art/JJ for sure. Afghanimals, i'm still waiting for confirmation. The last one remains unknown (hopefully Bret/Chris or Tyler/Korey)

Offline I ♥ TAR

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #733 on: June 18, 2018, 09:58:54 AM »
Leg 1 : Japan
Leg 2 & 3 : Laos
Leg 4 & 5 : Vietnam

It looks like this right now... Aren't Laos and Vietnam "similiar" countries, if you know what I mean? Not very happy with amount of legs they spent in Southeast asia..

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #734 on: June 18, 2018, 10:02:39 AM »

It looks like this right now... Aren't Laos and Vietnam "similiar" countries, if you know what I mean? Not very happy with amount of legs they spent in Southeast asia..

Apparently Laos is more laid-back and their culture influenced by Buddhism.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g293921-i8432-k6694074-o10-Vietnam_or_Laos-Vietnam.html

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #735 on: June 18, 2018, 10:11:28 AM »
Information integrated into my earlier post here.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 06:53:48 PM by Neobie »

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #736 on: June 18, 2018, 10:12:24 AM »

I've been to all SE Asian countries. Laos is more similar to Myanmar and Cambodia (the three are the poorest countries in the region). Vietnam has a China/Oriental vibe to it. And it's very crowded and busy there. Laos is pretty laid back.

But yeah, i kinda agree, I wish they'd gone somewhere else instead of staying in Asia. They could have picked Indonesia again and visited rural Papua or South Sula Wesi (they are very very different from Bali and Java). Maybe it's a budget thing.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #737 on: June 18, 2018, 10:20:30 AM »
Yeah they are a bit similar, Kinda hoping for 1 Laos leg. I would have prefered India, Bangladesh or Sri Lanka

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #738 on: June 18, 2018, 10:24:44 AM »
The slight problem (not unsurmountable) with just one leg in Laos is the group photo, which has three teams missing.
Is one team too far ahead? Too far behind? You can easily get from Luang Prabang to Ho Chi Minh City via Bangkok.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #739 on: June 18, 2018, 10:26:13 AM »
The slight problem (not unsurmountable) with just one leg in Laos is the group photo, which has three teams missing.
Is one team too far ahead? Too far behind? You can easily get from Luang Prabang to Ho Chi Minh City via Bangkok.

Or Hanoi.

Offline Huy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #740 on: June 18, 2018, 11:29:52 AM »
This is def spec but will add here for continuity. Isn't there something about we cant use our typical flags in NAM because of their flag?  ???

Here is a screencap of a video yest AM. Yellow flag and card of some sort. No other info re racers at all. Forwarded to me from a friend.

Video also but there is no other info. More of a walk thru park video. My friend is asking.
This is Vinhomes central park

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #741 on: June 18, 2018, 11:36:54 AM »
Stock photo of staircase without a flag
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Huy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #742 on: June 18, 2018, 11:38:22 AM »
Just regonized the street in the video is Binh Quoi Street, Binh Thanh, Ho Chi Minh

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
« Reply #743 on: June 18, 2018, 11:40:15 AM »

This is Vinhomes central park

There seems to be more than one of those structures in the park.

Offline Huy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #744 on: June 18, 2018, 11:51:55 AM »
Based on where they were in the video. They probably were at Binh Quoi Market or Binh Quoi Tourist Village and took the bus number 44

Online Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #745 on: June 18, 2018, 12:02:22 PM »

My friend says this street has lots of motorcycle repair shops...task?
TARCAN4 also did a repair task with motorcycles...

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #746 on: June 18, 2018, 12:10:50 PM »
Just searched on IG using all the locations, no sightings except from that mish_hay person. Maybe there werent a lot of people today/yesterday? Or people just didnt care lol

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #747 on: June 18, 2018, 12:14:29 PM »
FWIW, I suspect Neobie original timeline is closer to the truth, but I suspect the sighted pitstop photo with Phil and of the greeter at the temple may have been for the first Laotian leg, but I agree with there being two legs in Laos, and two in NCMC, even if some of them were short in actual duration.

I could see this because I do think there's a very long flight with connections ahead at some point in the Race, and to keep filming within their desired 21-23 day length, there was going to have to be some short in time duration legs to make up for it.
So I think when the teams and Phil leave Vietnam, it will be for Leg 6.
-- theschnauzers

Offline LandonM170

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #748 on: June 18, 2018, 12:38:52 PM »
Stock photo of staircase without a flag
I see a flag red & yellow flag in the middle of the staircase, and see a little yellow and red flag behind the palm tree. Also, see a figure of a clue box inside the staircase. So possibly of a them visting here :duno: also I am a new person who decided to join and make a account!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #749 on: June 18, 2018, 12:48:50 PM »
:welcome: Landon! You see that in the sources photo or the stock photo?
If it is in the stock photo it must be there all the time. :( so would not be us.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 12:52:19 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.