Author Topic: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!  (Read 579848 times)

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 31: Speculation and Discussion of the **SPOILERS** WORKZONE!
« Reply #600 on: June 16, 2018, 07:54:09 PM »
Not sure why we're looking at flights to other locations. Our BB friends have nailed it - HCMC it is.

Have you vetted that information or even provided a link that can be used to verify it?

Yeah, unless there are sightings, i'm going to believe HCMC is just a connection.

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #601 on: June 16, 2018, 07:58:16 PM »
Not sure why we're looking at flights to other locations. Our BB friends have nailed it - HCMC it is.

David my understanding was the marketplace was on 6/14, but in hindsight realised I may have interpreted that post wrong. Will need to reconfirm. If 6/15 is correct then we have two Luang Prabang legs. Otherwise right now I'm not sure whether HCMC is leg 3 or 4.

Well if it's leg 3, then we either had a double elimination one leg or one team just missing when the group picture was taken.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #602 on: June 16, 2018, 08:10:47 PM »
It could be leg 4. And even if so, a team can be a theoretically missing

Offline amazingracebigfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #603 on: June 16, 2018, 08:32:04 PM »
Does anyone know if Leg 3 was in Laos or Vietnam?

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
« Reply #604 on: June 16, 2018, 08:34:08 PM »
Laos.

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #605 on: June 16, 2018, 08:36:41 PM »
Laos.

Thank you! So, Art & JJ weren’t seen in Laos? If that is the case, that would have set the new record of the greatest fall of a returning team; (2nd to 11th).

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #606 on: June 16, 2018, 08:41:49 PM »
We don’t OFFICIALLY know if we’re on leg 3 or 4, but signs seem to be suggesting leg 4 (at least for me)

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #607 on: June 16, 2018, 08:44:07 PM »
I believe the Roadblock Extreme is a tool used to force both members of the team to do the Raodblock. I think that the second person who does the Roadblock isn’t included in the Roadblock count.

It’s actally where they have to do the Roadblock under more arduous conditions or to a higher level of completion.

So, one example would be in S30, the Roadblock in Hong Kong, where they have to smash electronics: Let’s say that Kristi & Jen were on the board for Roadblock Extreme, then basically Kristi would have to smash two pairs of electronics?? Is that what it means?

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #608 on: June 16, 2018, 08:45:56 PM »
I believe the Roadblock Extreme is a tool used to force both members of the team to do the Raodblock. I think that the second person who does the Roadblock isn’t included in the Roadblock count.

It’s actally where they have to do the Roadblock under more arduous conditions or to a higher level of completion.

So, one example would be in S30, the Roadblock in Hong Kong, where they have to smash electronics: Let’s say that Kristi & Jen were on the board for Roadblock Extreme, then basically Kristi would have to smash two pairs of electronics?? Is that what it means?
No.  Kristi would've had to do it, and then Jen right after her.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #609 on: June 16, 2018, 08:46:20 PM »
Hey all!

Those red airport seats look like these: https://www.arconas.com/fr/news/los-cabos-new-airport-seating/

At Los Cabos.
There is no way for them to be in Mexico  :duno:
Should be small airport in SE Asia, maybe the ones in Laos?

Maybe Siem Reap in Cambodia then? They have the same style seats installed.

EDIT: The photos look close to this (which is Siem Reap airport): https://www.instagram.com/p/BjzPVTTnEFJ/?taken-at=10425600

NICE!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #610 on: June 16, 2018, 08:50:36 PM »

So, basically I was right about saying both team members had to do it, right? Like the example I gave above, about the smashing electronics Roadblock, Kristi would do it first, then Jen would do it after Kristi, am I right?

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #611 on: June 16, 2018, 08:56:16 PM »

So, basically I was right about saying both team members had to do it, right? Like the example I gave above, about the smashing electronics Roadblock, Kristi would do it first, then Jen would do it after Kristi, am I right?
Yes.

Offline FFGCSDT

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #612 on: June 16, 2018, 08:57:00 PM »
Still no HCMC sightings on Instagram....

Offline Jro

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #613 on: June 16, 2018, 08:57:53 PM »

I'm pretty sure that is totally what Chateau was trying to say that it wasn't lol

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #614 on: June 16, 2018, 08:58:18 PM »
Peach and Oval might know something on the ground that we don't about HCMC.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #615 on: June 16, 2018, 09:15:18 PM »

Yes.

No, I’m sorry that’s not how it works.  Please read what I originally wrote.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #616 on: June 16, 2018, 09:17:03 PM »

NO. Chateau heard the explanation and posted the correct interpretation to the BEST of our knowledge. Please read his post.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #617 on: June 16, 2018, 09:18:40 PM »
The Extreme Roadblock, is a tool to be used against another team. It forces the targeted team to complete the Roadblock to a more difficult degree.

Gra1162

« Reply #618 on: June 16, 2018, 09:31:20 PM »
The Extreme Roadblock, is a tool to be used against another team. It forces the targeted team to complete the Roadblock to a more difficult degree.
It's like tanner and Josh speed bump in TAR 27

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #619 on: June 16, 2018, 09:33:25 PM »
Catching up! Great job to you all!

But what I find very interesting is that no one has even proposed that perhaps 8 teams seen were only 8 of 9?

Someone could have been on a different flight perhaps? Or maybe in the bathroom?

I have no info either way...but as  Detectives we need to consider ALL the options not just the obvious.

This could easily be the remaining teams, don't get me wrong.

But since we do not KNOW that we have to look at EVERY option, not only the obvious. It would be really nice if we could get more info from the photographer, then we could be surer in # of legs.

The sightings of teams in the AM in Luang seems unhurried...almost like they were just shopping.

Pure spec...but strange.   :duno:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #620 on: June 16, 2018, 09:52:16 PM »
Ah! So basically it is TAR Norway's Handicap? Making the Road Block harder for the team receiving the Extreme?

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
« Reply #621 on: June 16, 2018, 09:57:04 PM »
If there's a leg between Tokyo and Luang Prabang, it makes sense. But if that is just a transit, then maybe three teams were already eliminated in the first three legs?

However, if one of the legs is NEL, it makes sense that one of the three teams is safe. Maybe that team is still doing a task in Leg 3 OR is still looking for a flight schedule OR is in a CR ( comfort room) and all 8 teams are already on flight to HCMC, leaving the last one behind?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #622 on: June 16, 2018, 10:01:04 PM »
Ah! So basically it is TAR Norway's Handicap? Making the Road Block harder for the team receiving the Extreme?

Bingo.

Offline SoYoung

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #623 on: June 16, 2018, 10:20:39 PM »

Bingo.

so if it is like TAR6 roadblock where one team member has to eat a bowl of spicy soup, if it is an extreme roadblock, the member should eat 2 bowls of spicy soup instead. That would be painful.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #624 on: June 17, 2018, 12:11:29 AM »
I called it almost a week ago:

So that "new" Extreme-RB twist sounds like the Norwegian edition's Handicap, a.k.a. the "Speed Bump" for Tanner/Josh.