Author Topic: TARstorian Blog: TAR Canada 1: Episode 7 added! 352nd Episode Blog!!!  (Read 82585 times)

Offline TARstorian

• RFF Full Member
    • TARstorian.
UPDATED MARCH 27 2024: TAR Canada 1 Episode 7 Blog Added and More Coming

https://thesupacoowackiestblogintheuniverse.wordpress.com/2024/03/27/the-amazing-race-canada-1-episode-7-rankings-vanessa-morgan-in-shut-up-and-come-brett-burstein-in-igloo-architect/

Some of you may know me from. . .well, almost every TAR community on the planet. I have been a longtime lurker of RFF (particularly in past years when I am too intrigued to see what random cities they visit in my country for TAR Canada), but alas I have made my presence known in RFF.

For those of you who don't know me, I am TARstorian Logan (and RTVWarriors podcaster since TAR 23 and have covered every episode of TAR Canada 1-5 as they have aired over the years). Prior to the start of TAR 19, I began a project that broke down the history of The Amazing Race episode by episode from the very beginning of the series. Nearly seven years later, and this project is approaching its 300th episode.

I cover seasons as they occur in the TAR timeline (TAR US 1-19, TAR Asia 1-4, and TAR Australia 1 have been fully covered thus far). Each episode is largely composed of over-the-top comedic commentary which has allowed me to endear myself to various folks in the hardcore TAR community as well as the TAR alumni. I mean, it's mainly Arrested Development, M Bison, Phoenix Wright, and early 90s hip hop references, but whatever.

Anyways, the 300th episode blog for TARstorian is coming up and thought this was the right time to jump into RFF. In a time where the TAR universe is facing a bit of uncertainty and funky headlines on the horizon, I like to mix in a safe haven to entertain myself and those who have stuck around in the community.

So I'm up to episode #298. The premiere of TAR 20. I introduce the atmosphere and structure of the season, and then we get into it. As the season progresses, I usually dig up excerpts from exit interviews, funny tidbits, and lesser known behind the scenes stuff from random pockets of the fanbase on the Internet.

Without further ado, or any ado whatsoever, another season of fun begins. I don't know which opinions I write are ones I genuinely believe or because they sounded amusing in my head. I'll let everyone else be the judge. As Jimmy Smit said in 24: Legacy, "the people around us tend to know us better than we know ourselves". Or something like that. I've only seen that season of 24 once.

https://thesupacoowackiestblogintheuniverse.wordpress.com/2018/05/26/the-amazing-race-20-episode-1-rankings/

Enjoy?
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 06:03:21 PM by TARstorian »
I have been to 63 countries. I have met Phil Keoghan, Jon Montgomery, Allan Wu, Elise and Bertram in person. I visited Joe & Bill in Hawaii, JK & Mike in Singapore, and Rovilson in Manila. I attended the TAR 28, 29, and 34 finales.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TARstorian Blog: The Amazing Race 20: Episode 2 added!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 11:25:41 PM »
:welcome: to RFF Logan! 'Bout time you turned up here!  :hfive:

Looking forward to #300!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARstorian

• RFF Full Member
    • TARstorian.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 11:31:10 PM »
I need Maya to run a lap around my house for #300 to make it official when it happens. Otherwise it's just not the same.
I have been to 63 countries. I have met Phil Keoghan, Jon Montgomery, Allan Wu, Elise and Bertram in person. I visited Joe & Bill in Hawaii, JK & Mike in Singapore, and Rovilson in Manila. I attended the TAR 28, 29, and 34 finales.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 12:10:59 AM »
I've never seen that.

This is amazing!
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 01:22:44 AM »
This is awesome Logan!  :conf: :cheer:

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 02:06:30 AM »
Best of luck, Super Cool Wacky Saunders, because this season is easily the most unwatchable one besides 24: just the same repulsive overdogs winning all the legs but one, which happens to go to that fan fave who gave you and Harmstone such attitude.

(Thank goodness for the light at the end of the tunnel known as Australia 2.)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 09:05:43 AM »
I love this, Logan! I'm not the one to be rude, but considering season 20 is one of my least favorite seasons and it's finally getting its "true colors" shown. :grin:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 09:08:20 AM »
Hey, Logan. About time you popped up here :)

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 09:18:16 AM »
Season 20 is one of the best seasons I've seen, I'm looking forward to reading this! Can't believe that the Chaotic Paraguayan leg is gonna be #300  :conf:

Offline TARstorian

• RFF Full Member
    • TARstorian.
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 10:35:07 AM »
I love this, Logan! I'm not the one to be rude, but considering season 20 is one of my least favorite seasons and it's finally getting its "true colors" shown. :grin:

I think Harmstone was primarily on the receiving end of that attitude from Mr. Jackson.

And what are the season's true colours? Green sparkles?

Offline TARstorian

• RFF Full Member
    • TARstorian.
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 10:37:01 AM »
Season 20 is one of the best seasons I've seen, I'm looking forward to reading this! Can't believe that the Chaotic Paraguayan leg is gonna be #300  :conf:

I can't wait for Vanessa to start teasing me because she can see my "whole entire blog" and go on and on about it.

And Elliot & Andrew's elimination in episode #300 will go down as the most electrifying moment in TAR entertainment.

Offline TARstorian

• RFF Full Member
    • TARstorian.
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 09:46:06 AM »
This has been my quickest turnaround in quite a while (sometimes it takes me a full year to get through a full season--do the math on that one.)

Teams travel from Cafayate to Buenos Aires.

What's a chasqui? Is it Russian? Is it Spanish? Mark is happy for once, Diego Maradona laughs at everyone's misery, I have conspiracy theories about a suspicious bus attack, Che hats are everywhere, and Laurence Sunderland returns to boast about his own abilities. Also, cows.

https://thesupacoowackiestblogintheuniverse.wordpress.com/2018/05/30/the-amazing-race-20-episode-two-rankings/

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 09:08:31 PM »
The analogies, Wendy's-sponsored RB, Joey Fitness & Danny and the "kindergarten teachers'" narration, real truth flavor memories :funny:... thank you for making TAR20 more entertaining! :0328:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 12:22:29 AM »
How is it possible that the screenshots of 20 have more quality than the screenshot of 27? And if you're gonna make a GAUCHOOOO reference (god that still gets on my nerves), why not have a picture of Justin actually saying it?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 01:27:49 AM »
TAR 20 sucked, but seeing this recaps made it a whole lot better!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 06:05:01 AM »
TAR20 was pretty great? ???

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 08:22:12 AM »

thank you!!! It was actually one of the more entertaining seasons of TAR, I don't know why it's getting so much hate.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 12:45:14 PM »

Not when it combines all the negative aspects of Seasons 4, 6, 9, 13, and 16 into the most unwatchable thing ever until 24.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 03:00:32 PM »
Well, I REALLY enjoyed 16, even though I wasn't a fan of the winners, and never got behind the cowboy hype train.
I liked the drama in S20, Brenchel were ridiculously hilarious, and some of the tasks/locations were amazing.

I guess I really liked the first half of S20, though, and the second one was pretty meh.

Offline TARstorian

• RFF Full Member
    • TARstorian.
After training for a brand new job, the 300th episode blog is up! It is indeed the Paraguay leg! Some classic callbacks, inside jokes, new jokes, more mildly inappropriate references, and so much more as we jump into this celebration of a personal milestone!

https://thesupacoowackiestblogintheuniverse.wordpress.com/2018/06/18/the-amazing-race-20-episode-3-rankings/

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
Rather more charitable than that leg deserved because it was visually indistinguishable from other Latin American episodes, i.e. it could've easily taken place in Mexico.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
These blog posts are AMAZING!  :cheer: :conf:

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
Waiting until the currently airing Kiwi and Saffa Survivors' conclusions before Turin, eh?

Offline TARstorian

• RFF Full Member
    • TARstorian.

Offline TARstorian

• RFF Full Member
    • TARstorian.