Author Topic: S36: Ep 1+2: "Can You Reverse The Curse?" TWO HOUR PREMIERE(2/28 8-10PM)  (Read 13435 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
A GROUP OF NEW SURVIVORS ATTEMPT TO “REVERSE THE CURSE” OF BAD PAST GAME DECISIONS, ON THE TWO-HOUR SEASON PREMIERE OF “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, FEB. 28

“Can You Reverse the Curse?” – A group of new Survivors attempt to “reverse the curse” of bad past game decisions. Also, one castaway will be the first to visit Ghost Island, and panic sets in at the first tribal council of the season, on the two-hour season premiere of SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Feb. 28 (8:00-10:01 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Survivor - Watch The First 4 Minutes Of The Survivor: Ghost Island Premiere

Survivor's past is coming back to haunt the new castaways of Season 36. Catch the thrilling first 4 minutes ahead of the premiere. Watch the season premiere of Survivor: Ghost Island on Wednesday, Feb. 28 at 8/7c on CBS and CBS All Access.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_bFUl0BWsVE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_bFUl0BWsVE</a>
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 04:40:52 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
Re: S36: Ep 1: "Can You Reverse The Curse?" (2/28)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 10:26:36 AM »
Survivor - Behind-the-Scenes Challenge Preview of "Coming Up For Air"

Host Jeff Probst and Challenge Producer John Kirhoffer takes us behind-the-scenes of the challenge "Coming Up For Air," where the press who are visiting location compete against the dream team. This challenge will be featured on the premiere of SURVIVOR: Ghost Island, Wednesday, February 28 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TtFOQ89u0Ak" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TtFOQ89u0Ak</a>
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:41:39 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: S36: Ep 1: "Coming Up For Air" (2/28)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 10:28:59 AM »
I thought I saw episode 1 was called "Can You Reverse the Curse?"

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 10:39:16 AM »
I thought I saw episode 1 was called "Can You Reverse the Curse?"

Let me go check right now.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:42:40 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 10:43:24 AM »
Thanks, Maanca, you are correct. I fixed it.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 11:54:50 PM »
THIS STARTS TODAY!!!

OMG, I had ZERO idea!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S36: Ep 1: "Can You Reverse The Curse?" TWO HOUR PREMIERE(2/28 8-10PM)
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 04:26:27 AM »
Can anyone update please? It would be appreciated!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
How can be this that dead?? Where's the people? lol

Can we talk about the episode or it would be considered spoiler?
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Recap

Host Jeff Probst explained the Ghost Island premise to the 20 new castaways upon their arrival, saying they had a chance to reverse the curse of bad Survivor decisions if they were to visit Ghost Island. Jeff instructed each tribe to choose a leader: Malolo selected Brendan, while Chris volunteered for Naviti. Jeff also told the castaways they would only start with a machete, pot, a fishing kit, and a smaller supply of rice.

Reward Challenge: A designated runner will have to race through a series of obstacles to dig up three sets of keys. Then, a designated puzzle solver will use the keys to unlock a slide puzzle. The first person to finish their puzzle wins a massive shelter building kit reward for their tribe. Additionally, the losing tribe will be forced to forfeit their fishing kit. However, if the tribe leader decides to forfeit the challenge during the puzzle solving portion, their tribe will get to keep the fishing kit, but the opposing tribe will get 20 eggs and flint in addition to the shelter building kit.

For Malolo and Naviti, respectively, Michael and Sebastian were selected to run the course, while Laurel and Desiree were selected for the puzzle. Chris pulled the lever on Desiree, preserving Naviti’s fishing kit but giving the larger reward to Malolo. As the Malolo tribe set up their shelter and got to know each other, Jacob openly stated his intention to search for a hidden immunity idol, causing his tribemates to distrust him. He also poured some of the tribe’s rice in his dirty sock to see if a clue was hidden in the jar, which there wasn’t. Meanwhile at the Naviti camp, a power struggle started between Chris and Domenick, who questioned Chris’s decision to forfeit the opening challenge.

Immunity Challenge: Each tribe will have to race across a net bridge to where two bags are hanging. Working together, they will then need to untie the bags to obtain a pair of ropes. Using the ropes, the tribe will need to slide a sled full of giant puzzle pieces through a course. At the end of the course, they will need to solve a cube puzzle to win immunity.

Naviti won the challenge, and they also received a flint reward, as Malolo already had flint after winning the first reward challenge. For winning the immunity challenge, Naviti had to send one person from Malolo to Ghost Island, where they would be immune from the vote; Naviti sent Jacob after he declared Malolo was the best tribe in Survivor history. On Ghost Island, Jacob had to break an urn to play a game for an advantage; if he lost, he would have to forfeit his vote at the next Tribal Council. He subsequently won a game of chance which gave him Sierra’s legacy advantage from Game Changers. He had to will it to someone from Naviti, and he chose Morgan. He also made a fake idol. At the Malolo camp, the tribe had to come up with a new plan, as Jacob was their intended target. Gonzalez rallied votes against Donathan for being the tribe’s weakest link, but at Tribal Council, her paranoia got the better of her as she whispered into the ears of her tribemates, sans Donathan, asking who they were targeting that night. Although everyone told her they were targeting Donathan, it was revealed that they had lied to her, and Gonzalez was unanimously blindsided, becoming the first person voted out.

At the Naviti camp, Domenick searched for a hidden immunity idol in the middle of the night, which he eventually found; it was revealed to be Andrea’s idol from Caramoan. The next morning, he attempted to bury the hatchet with Chris, but the tension still lingered between the two. At the Malolo camp, Jacob kept the legacy advantage information to himself and told his tribemates that he had found an idol on Ghost Island, but that he had left the paper behind, making Brendan suspicious.

Reward/Immunity Challenge: Two pairs from each tribe will race through a series of obstacles in the water. They will then have to dive to release two sets of buoys. Another member will need to gather all of the marked buoys to the finish, where the last four members will need to get all eight in a basket to win immunity and a comfort reward of chairs, pillows, blankets, and a washboard.

Naviti easily won after James couldn’t even dive a foot in the water. Donathan panicked before eventually diving down and releasing the buoys for Malolo. Naviti sent Donathan to Ghost Island, and the urn he smashed was a dud. At Malolo, Stephanie considered working with Jacob to blindside Michael, but Jacob spilled the beans about the legacy advantage to Stephanie. At Tribal Council, Libby and Michael voted against James in case Jacob did indeed have a real idol, but ultimately, the tribe stuck to the original plan, sending Jacob out of the game.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
I just saw the episode. For me Ghost island is just a different name for Exile Island. Even the fact that a player doesn't get to play a game in the island every time is similar with something that has happened before in Exile Island but I can't remember specifically. It gave me the impression  that it's just another way to use twists from previous seasons that didn't deliver as the producers expected.
I'm not saying that it is a bad season. That will depend on the players and it's still too early to tell.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2018, 10:34:47 PM »
i agree, ghost island and exile island are basically the same. The only difference is the idols/advantages at ghost island are from previous seasons. But if ghost island is the theme of this season, why the producer put Andrea's idol at the camp?

Interesting cast:
Stephanie: so strategic, but i'm afraid she will be voted out pre merge because people will see her as a big threat like Michaela
Donathan: weak physically, but he proved he can be strong at the challenge
Jacob & Gonzalez: Both had potential but they dig their own grave by talking too much

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 12:51:26 AM »
Just finished the episode minutes ago and I gotta say I'm digging the cast a lot more than I expected!
They are young, but many are superfans and many people have already been introduced pretty well.

Gutted that Gonzales was the first boot. I felt that Jacob was never gonna get off the bottom after basically isolating himself from his tribe, but had Gonzales made it through that first tribal, I feel like she might have stood a chance. And I didn't see much overplaying on her part, so I wonder why everyone was so scared of her.

She's also like the prettiest Survivor I can remember lol.

Offline SarcasmMode

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2018, 01:53:56 PM »
Haven't watched last week's episode yet, but here are my thoughts.

Gonzalez was completely robbed. I really don't like this mentality of "So and so has a brain, they must go home now" that loses us players like Anna, Mari, and Gonzalez early. I feel like that's creating a shift where the weaker players are going to continually get dragged through, and ultimately that hurts the game's watchability in the long run.

I feel like I'm going to get very tired of Stephanie very quickly. I get the same vibe from her that I got from Tracy and Sherri, where her strategy seems to be to undermine her own tribe just so she can have control, and I'm never a fan of that tactic. Becoming captain of a sinking ship is pointless, and it usually makes for a weaker game in the long run.

Donathan has an interesting dynamic, and I think it's really interesting to see someone who's theoretically progressive (what with being the only openly gay man that he knows) but is really sheltered in a lot of other ways and doesn't have a lot of life experience. Really interesting dynamic and I'd like to see how it plays out. If Probst pushes him forward as the next Michaela and unnecessarily screams praises at him for minor accomplishments, I'm going to sour on him, though.

James is intense and his steely-eyed dedication to honor and being a good teammate is interesting. Kinda get Matthew von Ertfelda vibes from him.

Domenick is interesting as a character and I'll be curious to see how he fares in the days ahead. I like that he's suspicious of Chris right off the bat, and that because of his paranoia there likely won't be the generic "all the guys on the team get together" dynamic that we've seen ad nauseum in other seasons.

Everybody else is mostly generic right now. I'm hoping some of the others get better character development soon.