The Amazing Race > The Racers

TAR 30: Kristi Leskinen & Jen Hudak (Professional Skiers/Friends) #TeamExtreme

(1/6) > >>

georgiapeach:

Name: Kristi Leskinen

Hometown: Uniontown, Pa. and Scottsdale, Ariz.

Connection to teammate: Retired Professional Skier and friend

Qualifications: 2nd Place World Champion and 3rd place X Games skier

Instagram: @kristileskinen

Twitter: @kristileskinen

Name: Jen Hudak

Hometown: Park City,  Utah

Connection to teammate: Professional Skiers and friends

Qualifications: 2-time X Games Gold Medalist and 4-time National Champion

Instagram: @jenhudak

Twitter: @jenhudak

georgiapeach:

Kristi Leskinen and Jen Hudak (#TeamExtreme)

Kristi

Hometown: Uniontown, Pennsylvania and Scottsdale, Arizona
Current occupation: Retired professional skier, athlete mentor, and entrepreneur.
Three words that describe you: Adventurous, daring, and literal.
What do you hope to accomplish by running the race (other than winning $1 million)?
 The experience of traveling to places I may never get the chance to see otherwise, meeting new friends, and sharing the adventure of a lifetime with them.

Jen

Hometown: Park City, Utah
Current occupation: Professional skier, coach/mentor, and marketing manager 
Three words that describe you: Indomitable, intelligent, competitive, and empathetic.
What do you hope to accomplish by running the race (other than winning $1 million)?
 Besides winning, I hope to reignite my inner competitor, to fight hard for something again, and to work as a team toward a common goal! My competitive ski career ended short because of injury and I left some things on the table—I don’t want to let that happen ever again!

georgiapeach:
Biography

#TeamExtreme

Name: Kristi Leskinen

Instagram: @kristileskinen
Twitter: @kristileskinen

Hometown: Uniontown, Pennsylvania and Scottsdale, Arizona

Current occupation: Retired professional skier, athlete mentor, and entrepreneur.

Describe what you do: My family owns a resort hotel and a marina in Pennsylvania. I help there where I can. I also have investments in sports-related startups and have a love for mentoring young female athletes.

Three words to describe you: Adventurous, daring, and literal.

Favorite hobbies: Skiing, wakeboarding, biking, hiking, golfing, and painting.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
 All my medals pale in comparison to the honor of helping to develop a brand new sport and watching it grow from one or two women competing all the way to the Olympics. I'm also very proud to have competed as a pro in multiple sports.

What scares you most about traveling?
 Food poisoning and mosquitos.

What excites you most about traveling?
 Experiencing new and different cultures and seeing all of the world's natural beauty.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
 I'd love to see the coasts of Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia. As a skier, I traveled to cold destinations all over the world and I'd love to see the tropics.

The experience of traveling to places I may never get the chance to see otherwise, meeting new friends, and sharing the adventure of a lifetime with them.

Name: Jen Hudak

Instagram: @jenhudak
Twitter: @jenhudak

Hometown: Park City, Utah

Current occupation: Professional skier, coach/mentor, and marketing manager

Describe what you do: As a professional skier I formerly competed intensely on the world stage in halfpipe skiing. I now create content (video, photo, and written word) to share the power that outdoor adventure can have in one's life. It's time spent outdoors, pursuing new challenges, that teaches me about this world and helps me be a better person. I also help various publishing entities make money through referral-based advertising (that's technically my day job now!).

Three words to describe you: Indomitable, intelligent, competitive, and empathetic.

Favorite hobbies: Skiing, writing, mountain biking, and coaching.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
 I am most proud of my impenetrable mind. Coming back from numerous injuries to continue my pursuits in skiing, I was able to return strong and have big wins after some pretty major knee injuries.

What scares you most about traveling?
 Not being able to communicate effectively to get where we're trying to go. Also, potentially getting sick from food and/or water.

What excites you most about traveling?
 Seeing the different ways that people go about their daily lives, immersing myself in someone else's culture, realizing how BIG the world truly is, and experiencing new cuisine!

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
 I would most like to visit Southeast Asia (Vietnam or Thailand)—it's an area of the world that I've never been able to visit. The mountains and hills look breathtaking and the architecture is majestic. Most of my travels have taken me to snow-capped mountains, so traveling to a warmer climate would be a nice change of pace!

Besides winning, I hope to reignite my inner competitor, to fight hard for something again, and to work as a team toward a common goal! My competitive ski career ended short because of injury and I left some things on the table—I don't want to let that happen ever again!

georgiapeach:
Version 2. Thanks Will!

https://www.youtube.com/v/mpCbykVQS3k

georgiapeach:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version