Author Topic: CBS TAR 30 CAST REVEAL  (Read 11199 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
CBS TAR 30 CAST REVEAL
« on: December 07, 2017, 12:26:50 PM »

CBS ANNOUNCES THE MOST COMPETITIVE GROUP OF RACERS EVER TO COMPETE ON THE MILESTONE 30TH SEASON OF “THE AMAZING RACE,” PREMIERING JAN. 3, 2018!

Racers Include an Indy 500 Winner, Retired NBA All-Stars, X-Game Champions, a World Champion Competitive Eater, Nationally Ranked Debaters, Season 19

“Big Brother” Houseguests and More 

CBS’ multi-Emmy-Award-winning reality series THE AMAZING RACE returns on Wednesday, Jan. 3 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) for its milestone 30th season. More than 600 Racers have traveled over one million miles in 29 seasons, but for the 30th Race around the world, this edition boasts some of the most competitive and accomplished teams to ever take on the Race. Teams include IndyCar drivers Alexander Rossi and Conor Daly; retired NBA All-Stars Cedric Ceballos and Shawn Marion; X-Games champions Kristi Leskinen and Jen Hudak; nationally ranked debaters Henry Zhang and Evan Lynyak; BIG BROTHER power couple Cody Nickson and Jessica Graf; competitive eaters Joey Chestnut and Tim Janus, among others.

Teams begin their adventure in Washington Square Park in New York City and immediately travel to their first destination, Iceland, where they must traverse a massive canyon high above the Geitargljufur River. Along the Race, teams will travel to 10 countries, 21 cities and over 29,000 miles in the quest to cross the finish line of THE AMAZING RACE first and win the one million dollar prize. Phil Keoghan is the host.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:30:01 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: CBS TAR 30 CAST REVEAL
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 02:55:04 PM »
Wow, didn't expect a reveal so early.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 03:34:29 PM »
I noticed while filling in the rest of the cast on the contestants Wikipedia page...Cedric has no hometown listed!

Is that an oversight on the part of whoever made the page? :P Can't remember any racers leaving that blank before.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 04:33:59 PM »
All contestants are really great and all are deserving to win the money! Sensing a GREAT season!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 04:34:41 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5ZZtmzYqmwc" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5ZZtmzYqmwc</a>
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 06:00:49 PM »
Was excited for the season while in New York, even more excited now that the cast is officially revealed.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 06:08:56 PM »

You're sarcastic right?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 07:46:12 PM »

You're sarcastic right?
No ???
There's still almost a month left, so I thought we would perhaps get the reveal close to Christmas.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 07:54:53 PM »
Cast reveal is usually a month before the season begins.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 08:07:27 PM »
Last one was just 2 weeks before, so that's why I thought so.

Anyway, I've just realised.. Is it just me, or does the entire cast look like recruits? ???

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 09:18:43 PM »
Didn't expect the violinist to be a gay couple  :hoot:
If Henry & Evan won, they will be the youngest ever winner right?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 10:16:00 PM »

You're sarcastic right?
No ???
There's still almost a month left, so I thought we would perhaps get the reveal close to Christmas.

They usually release the cast details and the premiere date at the same time, no?

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 10:29:00 PM »
I didn't expect this season to be a gimmick season! I'm excited to find out that it is one but in such a cool way. :hearts: Love the theme of this season!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 10:41:32 PM »
I don't see this as a gimmick season. I see this as the strongest attempt yet to get the type of casting we saw in the early seasons.
-- theschnauzers

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 11:56:41 PM »
I was expecting to see 11 countries for this season, until I saw 10 countires announced

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2017, 05:00:56 AM »
I don't see this as a gimmick season. I see this as the strongest attempt yet to get the type of casting we saw in the early seasons.
Really? But the people in early seasons were complete nobodies, and here we have people recognizable in their fields. As Phil said - the best of the best in what they do, which I wouldn't be able to say about any other season's cast.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 08:35:10 AM »
I'm not a huge fan of the cast so far as there are 4 teams that are celebrities. Also I don't think I would necessarily mind the theme of the 'best of the best' in their fields if there were not as many celebrities and more nobodies, but to me it seems tacky.

Also it's not like there is a wide variety of relationships either. 10/11 teams are either friends/coworkers or dating. I would like a season with more diverse relationships.

Not to thrilled right now, but I will stay optimistic and hope that the season will turn out to be entertaining!

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 12:27:49 PM »
So this is billed as Best of the Best, but please correct me if I'm wrong.... but HOW are Cody & Jessica considered the Best of the Best?  ???  I've never watched the US Big Brother, so don't know how they came across, but they never even lasted that long in the house?  Roughly about half way, and Cory was evicted near the start, only to be brought back.  So yea, I don't see them in the same calibre as Skiers or Lifeguards.... At least if one had won BB they could be said to be the "best" reality TV stars.

Also, excuse my ignorance, but how are ring girls considered for this Season?  Seriously, am I missing something?  :groan: :lol:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Winteriscoming

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 01:20:00 PM »
So this is billed as Best of the Best, but please correct me if I'm wrong.... but HOW are Cody & Jessica considered the Best of the Best?  ???  I've never watched the US Big Brother, so don't know how they came across, but they never even lasted that long in the house?  Roughly about half way, and Cory was evicted near the start, only to be brought back.  So yea, I don't see them in the same calibre as Skiers or Lifeguards.... At least if one had won BB they could be said to be the "best" reality TV stars.

Also, excuse my ignorance, but how are ring girls considered for this Season?  Seriously, am I missing something?  :groan: :lol:

you could apply that logic to all of them.. NBA guys are not the best basketball players, Those aren't the best indy racers, or skiers etc..

the theme is just a marketing thing.  I am excited we have some known people this time but it's not a bunch of obnoxious youtubers like season 28.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 01:35:39 PM »

you could apply that logic to all of them.. NBA guys are not the best basketball players, Those aren't the best indy racers, or skiers etc..

the theme is just a marketing thing.  I am excited we have some known people this time but it's not a bunch of obnoxious youtubers like season 28.

Guess you're right.  It's definitely being used fairly loosely. :lol:  But thankfully they seem like a more down to earth cast than S28.  :groan:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2017, 03:40:35 PM »
Can't really judge them based on a tag given to them by producers only. Their competitiveness is probably what makes them the best of the best, fighting against the odds, determination, never-say-quit attitude. Things we'll likely see be lived through and unfold on the race..

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2017, 04:15:35 PM »
Well, they're promoting the season as if its a cast of all champions and winners in their respective fields.  That's pretty much the "gimmick" this season, as described in all the promo so far.

"Made up of champions and winners, this is quite literally the most competitive cast yet."

Yet, that's very obviously not the case.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2017, 05:57:48 PM »
Really? But the people in early seasons were complete nobodies, and here we have people recognizable in their fields. As Phil said - the best of the best in what they do, which I wouldn't be able to say about any other season's cast.
If you notice, I said nothing specifically about competitiveness or best of the best, just that production seems to be avoiding cookie cutter casting and selecting teams that meet what Phil described in the opening credits of season one. That’s something I’ve been calling for over multiple seasons in order to revive the strengths of the show, in addition to the route and tasks issue that had gotten severe for a while.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2017, 06:10:39 PM »
Yes, I notice that, but this still isn't a regular cast. Even Phil keeps stressing that.
Season 27 seems like a great example of what you're decribing, but I wouldn't say the casts of either 27 or 30 are the type of what we saw early.