Author Topic: TAR ISRAEL 6 - (HaMerotz LaMillion 6) LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION (ongoing)!  (Read 117156 times)

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR ISRAEL 6 - (HaMerotz LaMillion 6) LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION (ongoing)!
« Reply #200 on: February 18, 2018, 06:39:37 AM »
Oops, sorry.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2018, 06:46:24 AM »
What happened in Vietnam 3?

The Blue team was accused of being "Producer's Pets", with someone claiming to be from production saying that producers fed them answers and solutions to tasks and worked behind the scenes to keep them in the race. When they finished in last place on a leg, the host said they were eliminated. Then later that night in their hotel room, someone (I think it was the host?) knocked on their door and gave them the next clue, saying they actually were still in the race and that the next leg started right now. They called it a twist, but audiences saw it as them keeping in the popular team by changing the rules. This was not helped by the fact that they won like seven legs in a row immediately following this. On the flip side, they DID finish in
Show content
4th

Me, however, I don't buy that. THEIR luck seems believable, and there really didn't seem to be any evidence that could be seen of producer meddling. When they showed up in 1st over and over again, they didn't MAGICALLY poof into 1st place like Regev does.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2018, 07:01:46 AM »
Maybe they edited it out of order? Maybe Regev and Helen really did finish the task first, but they made it look like they didn’t to create drama. But like you said, that’s manipulative editing, which is stupid and pointless. In fact, let’s talk about HaMerotz editing, because some things bother me. For example, they’ll show teams doing tasks at the same time (like the trivia challenge) even though there’s clearly only one station. Why not establish that there’s a queue and show teams waiting for their next turn? (I think I know why: that’s when teams film themselves, like we saw in the recent recap episode.) And as for pitstops, despite showing simultaneous footage of two teams racing there, we almost never see two teams on the mat at the same time. There are some exceptions, but it’s very rare. The one that stood out to me the most was in Russia. Regev and Helen arrived at the Yield about 8 seconds after Daniel and Eliyahu, so it seems logical that they’d arrive at the pitstop around the same time. But they arrive at the pitstop separately. Do they make teams wait for one team to leave the mat before letting another team on? And if so, why do that some times but not others? I just want some transparency, that’s all.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2018, 05:03:42 PM »
To be fair, this version likes to do more one-on-one discussion at the mat so they like to have only one team there at a time if it doesn't affect the results. I don't really mind that.     
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #204 on: February 18, 2018, 06:37:42 PM »
To be fair, this version likes to do more one-on-one discussion at the mat so they like to have only one team there at a time if it doesn't affect the results. I don't really mind that.   
Yeah, that’s true.

Also I was going through international threads earlier and I found a Q&A with Talia and Koby after Hamerotz 3 ended. I wonder if we could try to get a Q&A from a team on this season.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2018, 01:06:12 PM »
Back to Chiang Mai today, just a week after the US :P

I love how different versions line up on occasion.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2018, 07:24:06 PM »
It was also filmed one month before TAR 30. Between Chiang Mai & New York, this season and TAR 30 have had some strange coincidences.

Neta running from the water buffalo :funny:

Omer & Daniel capsizing :funny:

That Buddha task was insane.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #207 on: February 23, 2018, 12:20:28 AM »
It was also filmed one month before TAR 30. Between Chiang Mai & New York, this season and TAR 30 have had some strange coincidences.

Not only that, but also some tasks have very similar ideas:

"Answer questions about your partner, if you get any of them wrong, they have to suffer." (The Mexican Six Flags tasks and the unaired task in Bahrain)

"Memorize ten things and then find them amongst hundreds of other things." (The clay pot task in Bahrain and the Buddha task in Thailand)

Also thank goodness we have a two-episode leg after multiple legs with four or more episodes. This season is already really long, no need to make it longer.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #208 on: February 23, 2018, 01:18:30 AM »
I'm confused by the fruit task. Why did all of the months have a quote or something listed underneath them? Did that have anything to do with the task? Also, why were their baskets set up for August, September and October, when the only ones teams needed to fill up were January to May?

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2018, 04:26:16 PM »
I just watched the TAR30 finale, and OH MY GOD they also had a task where one team member learned foreign phrases and relayed them to their partner! Why are so many tasks so similar between these two seasons???

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #210 on: February 24, 2018, 03:26:30 PM »

Show content
Daniel & Eliyahu's mat fail :funny:

Ron Shahar faking out Regev & Helen :funny:

Sad to see Anne & Yarden fall behind on a physical task resulting with their elimination.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #211 on: February 24, 2018, 07:09:59 PM »
Boy, I bet [Eliminated team] feel like Brooke & Robbie did. What utter nonsense...

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #212 on: February 24, 2018, 08:42:53 PM »
We're never going to find the park that the lantern task took place in, are we?

No name given, and pitch darkness...

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #213 on: February 25, 2018, 10:34:55 AM »
I'm actually kind of happy that
Show content
Anne and Yarden
got eliminated, at least for my sake. I stumbled upon multiple spoilers that had them in the final three, so there's a good chance the spoilers I saw were completely wrong and I don't know who won. That's great, especially since I got TAR30 spoiled a day before I watched it.

Gra1162

« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2018, 06:59:39 AM »
I am so pissed that Ann and Yarden are eliminated I actually rooted for them to win Ann and Yarden are the only all female team left and the task are just physical and Ann and Yarden lost It could have been a non can we eliminate Rev and Helen ugh Hope there is a all stars season of israel soon hope they are bought back

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #215 on: March 02, 2018, 04:21:55 PM »
Is it possible that there will be three Thailand legs? HaMerotz has never had the last two legs in different countries.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: March 03, 2018, 07:54:38 PM »
Only on HaMerotz LaMillion will you find teams making animal noises while rappelling down a waterfall.  :funny:

The connect the dots task and chopsticks task were so much fun and so cruel.

Is it possible that there will be three Thailand legs? HaMerotz has never had the last two legs in different countries.

It depends on whether they counted Greece as one of the nine visited countries. It's unusual either way.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #217 on: March 03, 2018, 10:02:18 PM »
Only on HaMerotz LaMillion will you find teams making animal noises while rappelling down a waterfall.  :funny:
Also only on HaMerotz LaMillion is there a needle-in-a-haystack-task to determine the final three. It certainly looks like it from the preview.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #218 on: March 04, 2018, 01:32:12 AM »

The connect the dots task and chopsticks task were so much fun and so cruel.

It depends on whether they counted Greece as one of the nine visited countries. It's unusual either way.

In fact, Greece is definitely not featured for this season, but was visited when eliminated teams raced at the villa.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: March 10, 2018, 02:08:53 PM »
Today the final 3 will be revealed. Wonder if they will actually spend 3 legs in Thailand or the finale will be somewhere else.

This has run on a bit too long for one season of the Race. It'll be 5 months since the premiere on the 21st, even Season 5 took less time than this.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2018, 03:16:36 PM »
Yeah, part of that is due to them airing one episode a week sometimes as well as the multiple 4-parters.

Neta: "I believe I can fly"  :lol:

Daniel & Eliyahu trying to convince the ladyboys to help them. :lol:

Show content
I feel for Neta. Had to be hard to hear that news after leaving the umbrella factory before Evelin & Tohar. It was sad to see them go.

Kissing the camera goodbye.  :funny:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #221 on: March 11, 2018, 08:30:28 PM »
This season makes me angry.

There's no other way to put it. I am angry. I cannot possibly fathom what is going through the show-makers' minds to think that doing something that makes their viewers angry is a good idea. What a miserable sight, honestly. A black mark on the brilliance that is HaMerotz LaMillion.

It's just a BAD bad time for TAR in general. First we have Head-to-Head challenges that render the rest of the leg pretty much meaningless, and here we have luck-based challenges before the Pit Stops that render the rest of the leg pretty much meaningless. R&H in last place during the baskets? O&N arriving at the umbrella place in first? All completely meaningless. They could just send the teams from the Pit start straight to the umbrella place and it would be no different. Why should I bother being invested in any of the Race if nothing matters except the last task in the leg?

How many have we had so far? There was New York (It's luck-based whether locals will agree to help or not), Hawaii, Colombia, Jamaica, Russia pretty much, both Kyrgyzstan legs (for the latter, again dealing with locals), and now this! This has to be some of the worst course design I've seen in a long time on TAR.

In fact, this only fuels the conspiracy theory! Think about it. Luck-based tasks before the Pit Stop are the perfect way to artificially ensure that Regev & Helen survive. Just have them complete the task for a bit, then slip them a correct answer when no-one's looking. Bam, they're off to the Pit Stop to Race another day and get those ratings.

What a travesty. I can't wait for this to be over, so I can hopefully look forward to Season 7 being a WHOLE lot better.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 08:36:02 PM by G.B. »

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #222 on: March 12, 2018, 12:26:09 PM »
G.B.- I think you’re reading too deep into some of these tasks to consider them “luck-based.” It’s not luck whether or not a local helps you, it depends on how you approach them and how much charisma you have. Me personally, if I was a local who was asked for help, I’d 100% do it. As for the New York task, I’d say it wasn’t luck because one of the places mentioned in the song was Hawaii, and since Hawaiians have American passports, any American would count. It’s not producers’ fault only one team figured that out. Honestly the only “local assistance” task that I’d count as luck-based was in Russia when they had to find someone whose birthday was that day.

As for how it helps Regev & Helen...look, HaMerotz doing luck tasks before the pitstop is nothing new, and by my count there were only five this season (Hawaii, Colombia, Jamaica, Kyrgyzstan 1, Thailand 2). Kyrgyzstan is debatable because it wasn’t just based on luck, but also how well one person could lead the other, as well as their knowledge of the country. HaMerotz 5 also had a lot of luck tasks before the pitstop (Italy 2, Namibia 2, Vietnam, Cambodia), and there were no celebrity teams on that season. It’s shady that Helen found the right panella on the first try, but I do want to point out that Regev said in a confessional that he was waiting for her to find the right umbrella because she always had the luck on those tasks...only for him to be the one who found it. Either way I’m fed up with them and how they won the Return Ticket with manipulative editing, and they might be worse winners than Jessica & Cody, should that dreaded possibility happen.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #223 on: March 12, 2018, 04:33:25 PM »
At the end of the day, it IS a matter of opinion, but I really do consider "local help" tasks to be luck-based. People are all different. It doesn't matter how good of a salesman you are, or how charming you are, or how well you can communicate...some people just won't want to help, some people are too busy to help, and plenty of people (especially in Asia) do not want to be on camera.

The New York task is not exactly mitigated by the whole Hawaii thing. They still had to be lucky enough to find tourists from other countries in the middle of hustle-bustle New York.

I don't see how you consider Italy 2 from season 5 to be luck-based, though. That's a brain puzzle.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #224 on: March 12, 2018, 05:27:11 PM »
I don't see how you consider Italy 2 from season 5 to be luck-based, though. That's a brain puzzle.
  I think you're confusing Italy 1 and Italy 2. Italy 1 was the Roman Numeral equation task, Italy 2 was finding a marked record in a record store.