Author Topic: TAR ISRAEL 6 - (HaMerotz LaMillion 6) LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION (ongoing)!  (Read 117142 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: TAR ISRAEL 6 - (HaMerotz LaMillion 6) LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION (ongoing)!
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2017, 11:06:26 PM »
I am sorry for spoiling everybody. On Leg 5 and over, no spoilers.

My excuse is I saw Maanca do it beforehand, so I thought it was OK.

Sorry everyone!  :)

Online G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2017, 03:23:23 PM »
I must say, I thought the temporary tattoo task was brilliant! Other TAR's need more creativity like this!
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2017, 02:55:11 PM »
The Mexican Hat Dance song is going to be stuck in my head all week. Thanks HaMerotz LaMillion.

Don't know why Honey thought that they were going to Brazil when the clue said MEXICO City.

Neta, Guatemala is a country not food.

Yossi splitting the dress  :funny:

Preview: Voladores, piñatas, and cocktail glass stacking.

Show content
U-Turn Vote

Tohar & Evelin: Omer & Neta
Adi & Meitar: Regev & Helen
Anne & Yarden: Yossi & Udi
Regev & Helen: Honey & Avivit
Honey & Avivit: Regev & Helen
Mor & Mor: Omer & Neta
Omer & Neta: Mor & Mor
Yossi & Udi: Anne & Yarden
Daniel & Eliyahu: Regev & Helen

Online G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2017, 02:14:23 AM »
If there is one thing I really hate about modern TAR, it's two simple words.

"Marked. Taxi."

By the way, I'm like 90% sure the lasso task was actually a Face Off and not just an ARI. You can clearly see multiple times that there's two setups and both have a rope connecting to a single clue. Furthermore, the last team to get the clue (M&M) walked up to get the clue without having their harness attached, unlike every other team before them.

The probably did this because viewers might think it's unfair to force M&M to the back of the pack, simply because she couldn't do the task fast enough with her injured finger. But, hey, that's what happens in the race. Bad luck strikes again. No need to censor things like this...
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Online G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2017, 09:52:48 PM »
Anyone know what street the U-Turn reveal board was located on? It looked like a residential street not far from Xochimilco Park where the Detour took place.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2017, 03:16:46 PM »
RIP headphone users and anyone in Israel who heard Neta's screams.

Somewhat surprised that there wasn't a rehash of Mariachi Madness.

Thought that the Frida Kahlo task was a pretty good way to finish the leg.

Show content
Congrats to Evelin & Tohar on winning a leg. Despite leaving the Detour last, Regev & Helen aced both the library and the Frida Kahlo task to finish in second again. Honey & Avivit had to have been the luckiest team that wasn't yielded or u-turned as they would always be last in every leg only to rise in the last third. However, their luck ran out this time.

Tohar & Evelin
Regev & Helen
Omer & Neta
Daniel & Eliyahu
Anne & Yarden
Yossi & Udi
Adi & Meitar
Mor & Mor
Honey & Avivit

Preview: Second leg in Mexico, harvesting on a farm, eating chili peppers

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2017, 07:16:18 PM »
Holy **** this leg had a lot of unique locations! As many, if not more, than New York City.

Online G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2017, 09:19:03 PM »
That was strange. I was really confused at the beginning. Episode 9 ended with Ron telling viewers that teams needed to head to "Mariachi Square", which was Plaza Garibaldi. But then Episode 10 opens up with him saying teams are headed to Biblioteca Vasconcelos. I thought I had missed an episode or something. It was really weird.

Online G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2017, 11:47:04 PM »
Holy **** this leg had a lot of unique locations! As many, if not more, than New York City.

Close! By my count, this leg had 14 distinct locations, but New York City had 15.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2017, 03:18:08 PM »
Leg 5 airs on November 29, December 2 and December 6 :)

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2017, 06:57:49 PM »
I was surprised that Evelin and Tohar beat Regev and Helen the pitstop since Regev and Helen left first, which reminded me of something that has always bothered me about Hamerotz: why don't they show everything that happens? My biggest pet peeve is when they first land in a new country and we have no idea why teams are in a certain order. Were they all on the same flight? Did they have different flights? I don't even know if they have to find their own flights or if production provides flights for them. I get that TARUS cuts out airport scenes nowadays to show more of the actual tasks, but Hamerotz episodes are almost twice as long as TARUS episodes, so you'd think there'd be time to show who's on what flight so we know why teams are in the order that they are in a new country.

Online G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2017, 08:09:11 PM »
I was surprised that Evelin and Tohar beat Regev and Helen the pitstop since Regev and Helen left first, which reminded me of something that has always bothered me about Hamerotz: why don't they show everything that happens? My biggest pet peeve is when they first land in a new country and we have no idea why teams are in a certain order. Were they all on the same flight? Did they have different flights? I don't even know if they have to find their own flights or if production provides flights for them. I get that TARUS cuts out airport scenes nowadays to show more of the actual tasks, but Hamerotz episodes are almost twice as long as TARUS episodes, so you'd think there'd be time to show who's on what flight so we know why teams are in the order that they are in a new country.

I don't think teams have gotten their own flights since Season 1. The order they're shown in is usually indicative of how quickly they can get from the airport to downtown, since the airport is often somewhat far away (See, Narita Airport)

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2017, 09:28:57 PM »

I don't think teams have gotten their own flights since Season 1. The order they're shown in is usually indicative of how quickly they can get from the airport to downtown, since the airport is often somewhat far away (See, Narita Airport)

Ah ok.

On a side note, I just realized the delicious irony of Krista witnessing the elimination of a team that wore green.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2017, 02:14:33 PM »
reminder:  NO FUTURE SPOILERS HERE.

Discussion of the show (including previous eliminations) is of course fine.

For those who may not be able to watch right away, please do use spoiler bars for the results of the leg for 24 hours after airing.

Any PREVIEW info should also be spoiler barred.

Thanks!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline jfarbzz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2017, 07:14:19 PM »
Forget wondering what happens with flights and who's in what place heading out of the airport, there's an even bigger aspect of Hamerotz that I need to know more about: the finale.

First off, Hamerotz's final leg is actually filmed months after the rest of the race, which I hate. Instead of being exhausted from the whole race, the final three are racing on fresh legs, which is kind of negates the whole purpose of the finale. It's the final sprint of a marathon, and should be treated as such. Filming it separately is like taking a nap after 25 miles and then finishing the marathon, but without anyone passing you.

But the biggest issue with the finale is what they have done in the past two seasons: have an empty pitstop with a clue box telling teams to return to Israel to find out their placement. This raises a few questions:

First off, if the pitstop is empty, I have to assume there's a cameraman waiting there to verify which team came in what place. Because one of the host's jobs is to wait at a pitsop so that they can be the one to check them in and make leg placements official.

Second, how hard is it to keep it a secret during the flight from the final country back to Israel? There must be incredible tension going on between teams. This is a flight where one of the teams has won 1 million Shekels and only production knows who it is. That must be intense.

And third, who tells the teams what order to arrive at the finish line? Is there a queue? Obviously they can't just tell the teams that they'll be first, second, or third to go to the finish line because it spoils Ron's reveal. So how do they work out when each team goes?

Online G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2017, 11:42:18 PM »
Hm, somehow we have to find Octavio's farm. The on-screen graphic said that it was located in somewhere called "Palmer de Guadalupe", but I can't find any place called that. Anyone know?

Show content
Also, lol! Even when someone else gets Yielded, Regev & Helen still get Yielded.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 04:42:03 AM by G.B. »

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2017, 03:08:49 PM »
Did not find a Palmer de Guadalupe but did find a Palmar de Guadalupe.

Also, that pepper task was BRUTAL.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2017, 04:35:44 PM »

Also, that pepper task was BRUTAL.

Arranging peppers by order on the hotness scale, I would say so!

Online G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2017, 12:58:54 AM »

Really, Google? You couldn't give me a "Did you mean...?" on that one?

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2017, 05:38:31 AM »
Think Leg 5 could be a NEL? (Just spec, GB. Don't actually know).

First 4 legs have already knocked off 4 teams in a cast of 12. It should be soon.

Online Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2017, 03:01:31 PM »
For anyone who watches the show for absurd tasks, this episode had several.

I can safely say that I've never seen people melt down over soap bubbles before today.

Nice to know that Neta's vocal cords still work after her encounter with the tarantula. Even Omer admitted that she's a little crazy.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2017, 06:19:40 PM »
They did a task around Dias de los Muertos (the painted skulls holiday). Nice, the Mexico-related task that had to happen on some iteration.

Online G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2017, 01:50:59 AM »
The most devious task ever devised by The Amazing Race........BUBBLES!!

Omer: What? What's your favourite holiday?
Neta: I DON'T LIKE HOLIDAYS!!!

Neta is strange.

Offline hotriceguy

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love THE AMAZING RACE!!!
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2017, 11:17:56 PM »
Where is the intro???  :groan:
"Rip it, Read it, and Keep Racing!" -Phil Keoghan
"I WANT THE EXPRESS PASS!!" -Nicole (TAR 23)
"Quebec just blew up!"- NATALIE SPOONER (TARC 2)