Author Topic: TAR ISRAEL 6 - (HaMerotz LaMillion 6) LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION (ongoing)!  (Read 117137 times)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR ISRAEL 6 - (HaMerotz LaMillion 6) LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION (ongoing)!
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2017, 02:14:40 PM »
Leg 3 begins Saturday

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2017, 02:41:53 AM »
The Hawaii leg airs on the 4th, 8th and the 11th of November :)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2017, 12:04:12 PM »
Is Adi a female, albeit a tomboyish one? My bad :lol:

Got Tim & Te Jay vibes from them until hearing their voices.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2017, 12:11:12 PM »
Adi is a female.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2017, 04:11:42 PM »
Updated task list: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,33458.msg1212220.html#msg1212220

Preview: Pull large stone across logs (similar to Rock & Roll detour from TAR 5) & land sledding (similar to final roadblock from TAR 20)

So, I think some segments were edited out of order. After the Flyboard task on Sand Island, teams went to a fruit stand to pick up a drink. Teams then went to Magic Island for the double battle and receive a clue telling teams to travel to Sandy Beach. However, the fruit stand looks like it was set up on Sandy Beach.

https://www.google.com/maps/@21.2865082,-157.6697063,3a,75y,247.99h,77.4t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s2Ux0xECZmotEOzUxC9OrUA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 04:20:16 PM by Xoruz »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2017, 12:20:40 AM »
What an...odd Face Off. XD
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2017, 10:45:06 AM »
Do we know the name of Nimrod's partner? On the various wikis I've seen Yonatan and Yehonatan, and on his Instagram I've seen Jonathan.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2017, 02:33:47 PM »
Do we know the name of Nimrod's partner? On the various wikis I've seen Yonatan and Yehonatan, and on his Instagram I've seen Jonathan.

His Instagram and the URL on the official website say Jonathan, but that's definitely his anglicized name (Like how Yossi called himself Josie in NYC) and we don't list those. His name is definitely Yonatan, as that's clearly how everyone is pronouncing it. Yehonatan just has too many letters.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2017, 06:01:15 PM »

I think Hanni's name might actually be "Honey". That's what the URL says on her team's page on the official Reshet site. Can anyone look into this?

I guess while we're on the topic of names, I noticed this on a rewatch of the Hawaii episode. So, is her name Hany?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2017, 11:52:10 PM »
I did notice that and it confused me. It could be that her name is Hany, but she's given herself the English nickname of "Honey". For our Wiki I'm going to stick with Honey because it's on two sources, as opposed to Hany's one source. (I know the same can be said for Jonathan, but that's a different pronunciation so it's a different issue)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2017, 08:50:19 AM »
Why in the world do we not know these racers names? The show is airing! Do they do no media, no reveal or are we lost in translation? This is crazy!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2017, 01:22:56 PM »
There's media, their Facebook page is posting things all the time. It's that auto-translation of Hebrew language online is unfortunately pretty terrible (this is why I've been waiting on the Wikia article before correcting the names). If "Hany" is written on her bracelet, for one, then that must be her correct spelling.

Some of the FB comments turn out pretty hilarious when you hit "translate" :lol: But the reception I'm gathering from them so far is the fans find this to be a less interesting cast. And Regev & Helen are essentially the Israeli Justin & Diana - a polarizing team who gets more screentime than anyone else. Appears so far they're the favourite target at the voting boards, so there must be something to it among the other teams.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 01:29:10 PM by Maanca »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2017, 02:15:34 PM »
Why in the world do we not know these racers names? The show is airing! Do they do no media, no reveal or are we lost in translation? This is crazy!

The official website also does not reveal their last names... Grumble, grumble

If "Hany" is written on her bracelet, for one, then that must be her correct spelling.

But...

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2017, 07:19:42 PM »
Episode 4 had teams dress as the Statue of Liberty.
Episode 5 had teams dress as mermaids.
Episode 6 had teams dress as a human metal detector in a Detour. (Yes, these still exist on this show)

Also, I saw this thing called a Roadblock, never knew this existed.

Mor & Mor talking to the cab driver (who was 78) about men in Israel not having hair after 30.
Cut to Daniel & Eliyahu fixing their hair.  :funny:
Yossi stopping 2 feet before the clues.  :funny:

Regev & Helen have complained about the coalition of teams ganging up on them, yet still prove their proficiency in tasks. They even got the correct clue in the Roadblock on their first attempt.

I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure the Roadblock was at the Coral Kingdom Gate (same location as TAR 20 land surfing)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 08:27:13 PM by Xoruz »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2017, 11:36:44 PM »
So, what have we learned today?
-If you're making a human wheelbarrow, put the FEMALE in front. She's a lot lighter to lift.
-Neta is terrible at peeling potatoes
-You probably shouldn't do a victory dance while standing barefoot on sharp rocks (Nimrod...)
-If after five seasons, you are the first team to throw such a huge hissy fit at the teams who Yield-Turned you, then maybe it's you...
-Chewing 12 to 16 packs of bubble gum a day is perfectly normal.

Also, my goodness. Honey looks like she's dead on her feet. Poor girl...

I was about to ask about the Roadblock location. It does LOOK like the TAR20 place. What confuses me is that Meitar & Adi got their hitchhiking vehicle near a sign that says "Coral Kingdom" and then headed TO the Roadblock spot. Anyone got any insight?

Here's who I got for performing the Roadblocks (Let me know if anything is wrong): Regev, Omer, Tohar, Anne, Daniel, Yossi, Mor Silva, Yonatan, Adi, Avivit.

Offline T.a22

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2017, 12:30:45 AM »

Regev Hod
Helen Hod
Eliyahu Shabtai
Daniel Peretz
Neta Barazani
Omer Barazani
Evelin Haimovich
Tohar Haimovich
Yarden Vizel
Anne Zivi
Honey Yosef
Avivit Marsha
Nimrod Meiry haftel
Jonathan (Yonatan) Heifetz
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 01:21:06 AM by T.a22 »

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2017, 06:51:21 AM »
-You probably shouldn't do a victory dance while standing barefoot on sharp rocks (Nimrod...)
-If after five seasons, you are the first team to throw such a huge hissy fit at the teams who Yield-Turned you, then maybe it's you...

Here's who I got for performing the Roadblocks (Let me know if anything is wrong): Regev, Omer, Tohar, Anne, Daniel, Yossi, Mor Silva, Yonatan, Adi, Avivit.

Don't know how you forget about the sharp rocks you are literally standing on.

Regev & Helen's complaining about teams targeting them has become a bit much. From what I can tell it even extended to the sweet potato task. In nearly every episode, they've maintained a position in the top 3. They're objectively a strong team, so they're going to be a perpetual target.

Those are the people I got as well.

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2017, 08:20:55 AM »
Here's my thoughts about the location of the Roadblock.

I was about to ask about the Roadblock location. It does LOOK like the TAR20 place. What confuses me is that Meitar & Adi got their hitchhiking vehicle near a sign that says "Coral Kingdom" and then headed TO the Roadblock spot. Anyone got any insight?

Much like the fruit stand in the previous episode, I think some scenes were aired out of order. Adi & Meitar went to the U-Turn reveal board here: https://www.google.com/maps/@21.286501,-157.6730467,3a,68y,131.88h,85.93t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sEbfBCvQV4XOeBS3xcL-QGA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The episode then shows Adi & Meitar walking to their cab and then cuts to them standing outside Coral Kingdom here:
https://www.google.com/maps/@21.5067708,-157.8558525,3a,75y,255.26h,75.4t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sWpH1vVziRChgK5PtqB8ucQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

While trying to get a ride, they show their clue to a local (but we never hear the location they showed), and they are told that their location is far away.

Here's what I think. I think the show wanted a better explanation for why Anne & Yarden passed Adi & Meitar to the Roadblock. So, they showed the scene of them trying to find a cab. However, what I think happened is that while Adi performed the Roadblock their cab left, so they needed a new ride to Papahana Kualoa. Papahana Kualoa is 8 miles away from Coral Kingdom, so the local was probably telling them it was a far walk. I don't think that Adi& Meitar were going to the Roadblock from Coral Kingdom but rather to the sweet potato task.

Now to compare the flagged entrance to the Coral Kingdom Gate.

https://www.google.com/maps/@21.507305,-157.8557326,3a,75y,182.05h,90.28t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFtLl0SnD3LUzS50RnfTgXA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Across the street from the flagged gate on the show are similar mailboxes. The street lights are in a similar position. There are round log-like objects in both images. The pedestrian crossing sign also is in the same spot. 

Now I give myself the impossible task of matching hills.

In both pictures from Hamerotz and TAR 20, there is a straight line of trees to the top of the hill and a small cluster of trees behind the building.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2017, 09:57:24 AM »
Glad there a roadblock and detour

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2017, 10:30:53 AM »
Thought the Flyboard was going to be the first Roadblock since in the preview it looked like only one person was involved.

A team whining about being Yielded/U-Turned - where have we heard this before? ;) Take it as a compliment!

Offline Xoruz

• RFF LInk Master!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2017, 03:11:24 PM »
Surprised no one asked a local to take a picture of their backs so they could see the map themselves (unless that was prohibited).

Glad that the Hawaiian shirt task actually involved some attention to detail and wasn't just a needle-in-a-haystack task that Hamerotz likes to do.

Don't know if the dab on the mat by the third place team was necessary.

Show content
Regev & Helen get U-Turned and still finish in second place. They really should not be surprised if they become perpetual targets. However, I wonder if Daniel & Eliyahu will get more attention after back-to-back first place finishes.

Despite foreshadowing the next country (Nimrod and Yonatan used TicTac boxes as maracas to sing La Cucaracha), Nimrod & Yonatan will not be going there.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2017, 07:00:08 PM »
Mexico City (Leg 4), airs on 14, 18 and 22 Novemeber :)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2017, 09:00:28 PM »
Mexico City (Leg 4), airs on 14, 18 and 22 Novemeber :)

You could have just said "Leg 4"  :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2017, 03:50:19 PM »
GUYS...NO FUTURE SPOILERS IN HERE INCLUDING LOCATIONS UNLESS:

IF IT HAS AIRED IN A PREVIEW SPOILER PLEASE TAG IT OUT OF CONSIDERATION FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT WANT FUTURE SPOILERS>

THANKS!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2017, 04:14:11 PM »
That was previewed. But yeah, BourkieBoy :) GB for one prefers to learn the next destination for himself. I myself forgot that with the leg before.